It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blake Cousins VS Steven Greer: Who will win?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReallyNiceGuy

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Seriously. Dr. Steven Greer isn't a pedophile.

According to other posters, he is.

Like much of what is being said about Greer, there is no evidence that he is a pedophile although I wouldn't be surprised that Greer has been libeled/labeled as such. Just look at the threads which have popped up by ATS stonethrowers with nothing more than their prejudices to point at for their villlification.

This ridiculous thread included.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhamBam

Like much of what is being said about Greer, there is no evidence that he is a pedophile although I wouldn't be surprised that Greer has been libeled/labeled as such. Just look at the threads which have popped up by ATS stonethrowers with nothing more than their prejudices to point at for their villlification.

Got it. Thanks.

Top of the list.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

You may also notice some familiar footage at 0:54-0:58 if you've seen the blockbuster Paramount, Steven Spielberg film Super 8, about an escaped alien.

Regarding these infringements, Blake Cousins of Thirphaseofmoon, and Paramount have been notified.
While it's debatable whether Paramount would bother to take any action for such a minor character like Greer using a few seconds of one of its films without permission,

They might. There was an incident with the film "ET" where another movie had a hospital scene and did a quick joke. Over the PA system came a voice that said, "ET, phone home." They got sued. That was Universal Studios, not Paramount, but still, it's Spielberg, who is no stranger to lawsuits.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBam

I see no evidence whatsoever that Greer is a pedophile, and unless such evidence is forthcoming, it ought to be considered libelous. It doesn;t really matter what other posters think or say. Come up with the goods or YOU may be the one facing a lawsuit.

However, this thread is hardly ridiculous. If you look at those videos you can see where Greer has stolen copyrighted material. You want proof? It's staring you in the face. And it's not the first time Greer has used copyrighted material.

Nice rip off of Isaac Koi's avatar, by the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by SonoftheSun

ATS and other venues have shown the bad side of the good doctor for years and he is still raking in. Good or bad advertising, for him, IS advertising.

Including the insinuations and innuendo regarding Dr. Greer's pedophilia?

I think not.

ReallyNiceGuy,

Since I have been a member on ATS, never, ever did I make such a claim. Come to think of it, I don't even remember reading such an innuendo in threads that I participated in.

So next time around, please look into poster's histories before putting words in their mouths.

That is one reply that I do not appreciate.

Capiche ?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I agree. There is no evidence of Greer being a pedophile, regardless of how disreputable he may be.

If, however, there is any such evidence, I'd suggest reporting it to the proper authorities before doing so here whereby then we can sit and await any forthcoming show.

In the case regarding the videos presented, for example, there's clear evidence presented supporting Greer's disrepute.

Regarding Paramount involvement, being that Paramount more than likely won't get involved in any pursuit of Greer, but in light of the statement pertaining to Spielberg looking after himself, does anyone know through which channels one might contact the Steven Spielberg enterprise? Offices? I'm guessing Amblin Entertainment would be the proper contact (???).

Additionally, does anyone recognize any other footage from Greer's promotional video with attributions belonging to someone else?

edit on 9-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ReallyNiceGuy,

Since I have been a member on ATS, never, ever did I make such a claim.

I never said you did.

edit on 9-8-2012 by ReallyNiceGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This "Greer pedophilia" , which no one has had the temerity to claim ownership, is one more in a long line of remarkable and disingenuous character assassinations that has gone on way too long for my tastes. Are there any pullbacks from it? Not a one. Are there any accusers who have come forward and supplied their evidences or retracted their filthy assertions? Not a one.

Group think in the worst possible, most violating manner possible. It's become the norm, imo, especially when the mass hysteria of Greer hatred raises its ugly puss around ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhamBam

Only one person here brought it up, a newbie account at that. Everyone else detracted from such statements of pedophilia. Thus, your pulpit assertions with dogmatic buzzwords like 'groupthink' have zero grounding in reality.
You may want to get that checked out.

Thanks for bumping the thread by the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Looking back over the posts, I don't think really nice guy was referring to you. I think he was just mentioning what he had been hearing from some people (possibly on ATS) and was speaking in general terms. I don't think he was quoting you in any way.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Looking back over the posts, I don't think really nice guy was referring to you. I think he was just mentioning what he had been hearing from some people (possibly on ATS) and was speaking in general terms. I don't think he was quoting you in any way.

He was attempting to steer the thread away from the clearly established fact that Greer is in violation of copyright law, while simultaneously tarring Greer's detractors.

There are interesting ramifications to Greer's plagiarism. One of them is that he is soliciting funds for a film project that will not require any ore equipment than a laptop with a video editing program.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know either personally,
but from an education stand point
Stephen Greers' feelings may be hurt
being in a "who do you believe" contest
with Blake Cousins.
( no offense to lovable/affable Blake Cousins)

And this certainly doesn't mean Greer is not complicit
in copyright violations.

edit on 9-8-2012 by sealing because: add

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Sometimes, being french comes in the way. After re-reading the thread, I now understand that the reply wasn't meant for me personally but for ATS in general and so I apologize but, honestly, it doesn't bring much more value to your reply.

The basis of this thread is that Dr Greer is using copyrighted material for his own agenda. When I say that ATS and other venues have shown the bad side of the good doctor, it is not founded on hearsay, rumors or opinions. It is founded on threads, in their own time, that have, over and over again, supplied facts regarding that bad side.

Typing "Steven Greer hoax" in the ATS search tool will reflect what I am saying here.

Dr Greer is seen, by myself and many others, as a fraudulent individual who capitalizes on a fantastic and meaningful idea that was the Disclosure Project. Using copyrighted material, as this thread is showing, is just another one of those threads.

Respectfully.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Additionally, does anyone recognize any other footage from Greer's promotional video with attributions belonging to someone else?

Greer rips off this video collage by Max Schlickenmeyer. Max provides a list of credits in the video description of all the clips he used.

So unless Greer got permission from those sources he is using copyrighted material from the BBC, IMAX, Ayrton Orio, Augustin Pictures, wiissa and others.

In one of Greers other promo vids, right after the Thirdphaseofmoon clip is a clip from another notorious hoaxer. It's the Jerusalem UFO hoax that Michael Cohen from the site that shall not be named was promoting, I'm not sure if he owns that clip or if it belongs to the uploader eligael.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Thanks for that.

Just in case there is any confusion, I did not charge Greer with being a pedophile, that was other members on ATS.

edit on 9-8-2012 by ReallyNiceGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just in case there is any confusion, I did not charge Greer with being a pedophile, that was other members on ATS.

That is true, but you are the one who brought the issue up on this thread, without citing any sources. You say you never called him anything, yet you are the one spreading the rumor.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Fine.

Greer is a pedophile. Greer isn't a pedophile. Get over it. It'd boring.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

That is true, but you are the one who brought the issue up on this thread, without citing any sources. You say you never called him anything, yet you are the one spreading the rumor.

Say what? I have two posts to ATS this one included and you're calling me a sock puppet or a character assassin?

Fwd to MODS for deletion and your expulsion from ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

False, more accusations, more lies and more innuendo. Is this your life's work to slander and libel members over nothing?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtPain

I never stated that he was. I defended Greer. Read the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join