It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I'm Someone's Foe....How Did That Happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wait a minute....maybe they foe'd you...because I friended you. *looks side to side* Maybe....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Before 2010 it used to be called "foe" and after that they changed it to "rival"

The idea is that these were the people whom you respected as debaters, not necessarily those that you shared a like mind.

It didn't really get used that way, most just use "foe" for those people they didn't like, I guess...

P.S. I only answered your question 'cause you Foe'd me...

edit on 8-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

That was a complete accident

I was just trying to figure out the difference between rival/foe...must have accidentally targeted ya...

My bad

My apologies to Manhater as well.

I will now friend you all....seems to be a running thing so, I will run with it....

edit on 8-8-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Before 2010 it used to be called "foe" and after that they changed it to "rival"

The idea is that these were the people whom you respected as debaters, not necessarily those that you shared a like mind.

It didn't really get used that way, most just use "foe" for those people they didn't like, I guess...

I was just trying to figure out the difference between rival/foe...must have accidentally targeted ya...

My bad

Suuuuuureeee.....

That made me literaly laugh out loud. I could just see myself doing that and then being like WTH? lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

My bad

Suuuuuureeee.....

That made me literaly laugh out loud. I could just see myself doing that and then being like WTH? lol

I know, right???

WTH was pretty much what was going through my head too!!

Apologies again to LadySkadi...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Lol, wlecome to the club, i've been foed several times.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It's kinda like accidentally pushing the eject button on your pilot's seat......

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That's happened to me many times.....its obvious alot of ATS members have more than one avatar; best just ignore those messages from your "foes", I do!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've seen you around, and I like your avatar.
I didn't know that when you added someone as a rival it TOLD them! Well, maybe he thought your avatar was cute or he liked what you had to say, and decided to add you as a rival because of that??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

ok,your my new friend!

but as my friend,i expect logical,insightful debate from you about what i post,not mindless one line dribble!
agreed!
peace

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
LOL Smyleegrl,

Don't worry about it, 4/5 people have added me as foes,

My very first one was because, a mod closed the guys thread and redirected him to mine, I didn't par-take in the transfer at all... But he foed me anyway lol.

The second I re-call, was because I offered a different view point to the op and got stars a plenty, so he foed me! Aha.

The others, I couldn't find any interaction with what so ever,

Haters gunna hate,

I don't even bother with the U2U..

Cuz the peeps aren't importan to me aha.

There are 2 people I detest on this site, but I haven't foed them, what's the point?

We know how we feel lol.

I've recently started using the friend function, because member profiles can be difficult to locate

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

So what , why worry? Is your leg going to fall off? Are you going to lose your job because of it? Will you become homeless as a result? Do you know anything about the person? For all you know they are sad individual who thinks the earth is flat and hates you for telling them otherwise.

I don't give a flying f... what anybody thinks about me, if they wish to "foe" me then then go right ahead. My life will not change one iota and I will lose not a single wink of sleep.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
No one has ever added me as a Foe.

A couple months ago a few people added me to their Friends for unknown reasons, but now they're gone...and I'm all alone.

So alone.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
No one has ever added me as a Foe.

A couple months ago a few people added me to their Friends for unknown reasons, but now they're gone...and I'm all alone.

So alone.

Now you have a friend again!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Two more foes just this morning...

just so you foes know....

I;M WATCHING YOU!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

You've got a friend.....added you....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have six respected foes and no friends!

I'M MAKING WAVES!

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Though you and I hardly ever see eye to eye...I still have hope. I'm friending you, based on that hope....

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have never foed anybody on purpose, but I have by accident a few times. I always send them a U2U explaining the accident. I would never foe someone on purpose as that would give them an advantage, in my opinion, and the U2U that they get screams "You got under my skin!"

I was foed 3 times in one thread by the ubber religious, anti evolutionist OP. Really gave me a belly laugh! I was foed by someone who I really admire and consider a friend during an abortion debate, I was quite flattered.

edit on 9-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

We don't see eye to eye on what? The only thing I've really done, and not on purpose, is annoy you with my minimal threads. I haven't seen you mention anything about your personal or political beliefs.

I'd bet you'd find I'm not the real ogre people make me out to be. People make me out to be an ogre because I'm blunt, to the point, and straightforward and sometimes get heated over people's irrational reactions to me.

My motto is:

Do what thou wilt at no harm to others shall be the whole of the law.

It doesn't really matter what a person believes, it's really none of my business.

I''m a non conformist. I always think for myself the best way I can.

I believe in civil rights and liberties above all else.

I am against irrationality and get really frustrated when people are irrational, such as the blind support of Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who violates the constitution at his whim and bullies anybody he can into submission. I don't understand that kind of support and I believe that bullies of all stripes should be opposed any way you can.

I also do have my own personal bigotries and prejudices, but what they stem from is certain kinds of people constantly berating me for having a different point of view from them. I'm not perfect, I don't claim to be. I don't claim things like being tolerant because I've found that most claims of tolerance is a sham. I hate phrases like "greater good" ebcause crimes against humanity, every single one of them, are done in the name of the "Greater good".

So really, what is it we don't see eye to eye on?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

There used to be a bar that lets you know if you had added someone as a friend, nice gree line over their profile.

I miss that feature, so I knew who to pay attention too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join