It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I'm Someone's Foe....How Did That Happen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I haven't received a foe alert in years but it used to happen almost weekly.

I must be losing my touch. Lol

Don't sweat it. It could be a compliment or some foe spammer. The ones you've received since making this thread were probably just friendly teasing.

I'd rather get alerts for friends instead of foes.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Now, now...new Friend. We can discuss all these things, in the proper forums.

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I dont typically look at my account or notice that sort of thing. When I was Foed.. the foe had to tell me I was foed after I didnt notice it for a while. Poor lil feller musta been waiting for a reaction.. that he didnt get!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I remember getting a foe long ago and it actually bothered me for a while, I couldn't figure out what I did.

Never found out why, and they eventually unfoed me or something, but it did bother me....how silly of me

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I remember getting a foe long ago and it actually bothered me for a while, I couldn't figure out what I did.

Never found out why, and they eventually unfoed me or something, but it did bother me....how silly of me

LOL!! It bothered you?? Me? I dont care. I can turn you little white words on the black screen OFF anytime I want and erase your existence in my reality! MUHAHAHAH!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yeah, I tend to be overly sensitive sometimes.
At least back then, still so, but much thicker skinned when it comes to ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I tend to be overly sensitive sometimes.
At least back then, still so, but much thicker skinned when it comes to ATS.

Thats sweet though.. caring like that.
I know ATS can be pretty harrowing sometimes and I dont understand it. Ive been here on and off since 07 and have gotten my panties in a serious wad and flounced off of here more than once.. so dont buy into my tough talk.
Usually its over something stupid, but I was really upset by a very popular member saying that he had wished my husband had died in combat simply because he disagreed with me. We all have our tender spots and some have this uncanny ability to know them and poke them with sharp sticks.
I got threatened by a woman on here to come to my home and beat me up.. went on and on about how tough she was when I made a joke on the survival forum about the last thing Id want to do was have an all womans survival clan.. herding cats,PMS, jealousy, gossip and all. I could only laugh at her threats inside and be understanding in the message. Whatcha gonna do, you know? Takes all kinds I guess

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I've never been threatened here

Been called everything under the sun though.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I've never been threatened here

Been called everything under the sun though.

Ditto. Back when I was accused of being a teabagger.. had no idea what it was and googled and watched a video. Yep.. no more videos for me. I'll stick to the urban dictionary. LOL!
I dunno.. it was really weird. She just went haywire.. and she wasnt a newbie! I didnt exactly know what to say so I said okay, stop now, no big deal and tomorrow if we speak on here it will be forgotten. Didnt work. I never liked the old ignore button.. but I tell ya I was missing it that day! She sure unwittingly proved my point though.

Oh and the guy who has been here forever who claimed something was wrong with me because my ancestors were cannibals. I mean INSISTED they were cannibals. I STILL cant quite wrap my head around that whole conversation.

ATS can be an adventure in abnormal psychology for sure. Wish it was around when I was in college.. I could have written an A+ paper on it...hell, a thesis!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Hefficide

There used to be a bar that lets you know if you had added someone as a friend, nice gree line over their profile.

I miss that feature, so I knew who to pay attention too.

That must have been before my time. I wouldn't mind having that feature bought back for the reason you said. It would make it easier.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I really miss the green bar too - I pretty much stopped adding to my friend list after that went away. Not intentionally, but more of an "out of sight, out of mind" type of thing.

Bring back the green and red bars!

Please?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Oh, I really really want the colored friending bars. Never heard of them, until now. I don't know what I'll do now that I'm craving them....

Pweeze Springer...pwetty pweeze....cans we habs pwetty bars.....

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Bring back the green and red bars!

ATS could definitely use more bars, no matter what color they are.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Chillax there, smyleegrl. I have gotten a few of these, many of us have. It is a common thing, and means you got to someone in a way they could not defend against.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join