It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Horrible thread. Honestly something that clearly paints Iran ignorantly as not an aggressor. The aggressors are all involved parties, The West, East, Israel AND Iran.

That is your opinion Slayer and nothing more.

Recent history and current events clearly prove Iran as a non aggressor, there is no proof to the contrary.

This.

This is the problem.

Someone says...

Hey I am not denying the involvement of the US in things but also that these other players are equally responsible as well.

That's a good thing and shows honesty.

You come back with...

Ya Iran is a non aggressor...

That shows either one of two things. You don't know recent modern history of the Middle East or you just don't care because it interferes with your agenda.

Recent history, FACTS, show Iran as a major player in the terrorist networks of Europe, Africa, the Near and Middle East from at least the middle 70's when the Iranian Revolution was being planned. I can show you FACTS that Tehran has sponsored hundreds of terrorist factions in these and other areas with money, training and weapons.

For you to say what you have here CE is willfully denying documented history. Not just propaganda from Western sources but FACTS from the players involved. Tell me something CE; who is Hezbollah and how did they come about? What has Hezbollah been responsible for since their inception? I am using an easy choice for you to talk about. There are 100's of examples I could use but you probably haven't heard of most of them.

Two simple questions with two simple answers. Will you answer them?
edit on 9-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Maurice2014
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Should America's invasion of Canada in 1812 be on this list?

America and Canada were just playing tag in 1812.

Canada was "it".

We (Canada) burned down Washington DC in that war (1814)

Burning of Washington

Do they teach that in your schools?

I went to American schools for 5 years and never heard of this once until I moved back to Canada.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ok, so I have read through all of this and I guess I fail to see the point. Don't we assume that the readers of this site have a certain level of understanding before we post? The United States of America is my home and I am a proud American, that being said. Our country is young, has experienced rapid expansion and as a result our role globally has changed. We provide food, protection, goods and services etc. for many countries around the world. We have also stuck our fingers into pies that aren't ours. No other powerful nation in history hasn't meddled in the affairs of another country, that's the nature of the beast.
I personally know people from Iran, one woman in particular left the country seeking political asylum in the united states because the Iranian government had hung the editor of a anti-government newspaper (her boss, she was the cartoonist). The Iranian people don't want their government in power, but I guess its best to just leave them alone.
Us American people need to rethink our role globally, and focus on our own country for a while. It has gotten out of control, we are reaching far beyond our borders for resources etc. but we are also giving aid to far too many countries around the world. While people within our own borders starve, and our infrastructure crumbles.
If the rest of the world is sick of our help, and the meddling that comes with it fine. Bring our troops home, stop the aid and see where that gets the rest of the world. I'm sure wars will continue and countries will try to subvert others.

that's it, reply if you must. Keep in mind I am not anti any religion or way of life, I just want people to be happy and healthy. I am also a realist, I don't deny facts because of their convenience. The U.S.A. is young, this story has played out before.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Wow, I love threads like this. And here on ATS, it's the "All American Bashing, all the time" channel.

I noticed a few things, tho.

Posters that enjoy taking a dump on the US never seem to mention their country? Why, ashamed? Ashamed that you KNOW that there are some black skeletons in your closet that will be dragged out if you mention it?

And yeah, I know, I don't have my country named, but it only takes someone with two brain cells (Binkman, you're excused. Your two cells are chasing each other around in the dark with knives) to figure out where Free Pineland is.

And, since everyone here is always mention how great Iran is (and leaving out the stuff about killing homosexuals, suppressing the opposition, etc), how about making a list of any of the GOOD they do?

You know, stuff like Haiti, for example. How many search and rescue teams were sent there? Aid? Hospital ships? Communications? Heavy Equipment? Heavy lift aircraft?

I guess they had all their spare cash wrapped up in terrorist groups that year.

*crickets* I will be waiting for that list as well...

BTW, brilliant sig you've got.....

The real challenge we have as humans is to learn to evolve into a LESS warlike people....and Iran and other countries in the Middle East are centuries behind I'm sorry to say....
It's so sad they've got all that oil that the world needs, because without our money
they'd still be fighting each other with sticks and stones....it's a crazy world
edit on 9-8-2012 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just some quick numbers for the posters who talk about the US being ethically and morally superior to IRAN. Not sure if they are referring to specifically the governments or the people themselves, but an argument can be made for either. Here are just some quick facts I found in a rush.

Incarceration Rates:

USA 730 per 100,000 Citizens
IRAN 333 per 100,000 Citizens

Murder Rates:

USA 4.2 per 100,000 Citizens
IRAN 3.0 per 100,000 Citizens

USA number 1 in the world for illegal drug use per capita and consumption.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yes, We learned about the burning of the White house. My source on that is that they weren't invited to Obama's invigoration so they decided to burn the Dish room. Which quickly got out of hand.

Now what were you saying about historical accuracy and context?

edit on 9-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Originally posted by Maurice2014
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Should America's invasion of Canada in 1812 be on this list?
America and Canada were just playing tag in 1812.
Canada was "it".

We (Canada) burned down Washington DC in that war (1814)

Burning of Washington
Do they teach that in your schools?
I went to American schools for 5 years and never heard of this once until I moved back to Canada.

With a last name like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he set fires to many buildings even after the conflict/war.
LINK

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well when you have a relatively lawless country I'm sure the incarceration rate would be lower. Which in the case of the U.S.A. coincides with the "illegal" drug use. Decriminalize some of those and see where the numbers go......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste
Just some quick numbers for the posters who talk about the US being ethically and morally superior to IRAN. Not sure if they are referring to specifically the governments or the people themselves, but an argument can be made for either. Here are just some quick facts I found in a rush.
Incarceration Rates:
USA 730 per 100,000 Citizens
IRAN 333 per 100,000 Citizens
Murder Rates:
USA 4.2 per 100,000 Citizens
IRAN 3.0 per 100,000 Citizens

Iran is the frontline of war with drugs. I do not know why when USA entered Afghanistan drug production boosted. anyhow they should be responsible about drugs. this is an international problem. and a threat to world even worse than Al_Qaeda.
edit on 9-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky716

We are talking about Iran, not Afghanistan...Iran is far from "lawless".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiste

I guess when Iran's tyrannical leaders execute their own people it's not considered murder, right? Or when homosexuals are executed on behalf of their state religion that isn't considered murder either, right?

Try again, your attempt to paint Iran as somehow morally superior to the US is a giant FAIL.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste

Executions...

USA - 43

Iran - 360+

China - Thousands

I think China has both Iran and the USA beat but Iran is running a close second. Must be all those Gays they dont have. I wonder where they go?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This Thread is biased, reason being, israel pulls all if not most of America's strings when it comes to foreign policy after world wars...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my humble opinion,iran is like a snake hiding in the grass
waiting until the right time to strike!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Wow, I love threads like this. And here on ATS, it's the "All American Bashing, all the time" channel.
When you're the top dog, people gossip and talk about them
I actually love it as they dont talk about others but only US
You know like many of the celebrities

Posters that enjoy taking a dump on the US never seem to mention their country? Why, ashamed? Ashamed that you KNOW that there are some black skeletons in your closet that will be dragged out if you mention it?
They're either ashamed or scared of big bad iran or there isn't anything important or significant to talk about
They're the smaller weaker crabs trying their best to pull the stronger bigger one down
They're all afraid of the american exceptionalism spreading into their worlds

And, since everyone here is always mention how great Iran is (and leaving out the stuff about killing homosexuals, suppressing the opposition, etc), how about making a list of any of the GOOD they do?
Precisely. Its too easy for them to jump the anti-US bandwagon and spew bile on ATS without diving into the details.

You know, stuff like Haiti, for example. How many search and rescue teams were sent there? Aid? Hospital ships? Communications? Heavy Equipment? Heavy lift aircraft?
Thats when many come begging to the US for help. Seen and witnessed this double standards one too many times.
edit on 9-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

link   
This thread has NOTHING to do with life in Iran, no one is saying life in Iran is good.

This thread is about the craziest lie in the world at the moment, (the lie that the American government now actually believes due to the Zionist lobby) which is that Iran is a threat to US National Security.

As the OP says, a picture tells a thousand words and what it says is undeniable in what it tells us.

The topic of what happens in Iran is nothing to do with this thread. Does anyone in their right mind believe NATO bombed Libya to remove Gaddafi for the benefit of the Libyan people?

America imposed a dictatorship on Iran and the Iranian people in 1953, it was the people of Iran who took the country back in 1979. During those brutal years, America funded the suffering of the Iranian people, as they funded it in Egypt under Mubarak, so for anyone to think justifying war to help Iran from their leaders needs to read up on history.

Perhaps if America dropped the criminal sanctions against Iran then life in that country would be better-

en.wikipedia.org...

What the Western world has done to Iran since the beginning of the 20th century is beyond disgusting.

link   
No, I'm well aware that we are talking about Iran. Read my post, a country where people who express their political views are hung, that is what you call a lawful society? I can handle people hating the U.S.A. that's fine, but don't ignore facts.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
So why aren't there thousands of people in the streets protesting Obama? You all are waiting on a Republican president to take office first, aren't you?

Because we are all too fat and uninspired to do anything other than get up each morning and go to work to make money to pay all the palms outstretched before us. Watch watered down 'entertainment' go to sleep, safe and secure, and wake up to do it all over again. There are way too many selfish jerks in the USA who could care less about anything other than how they and their orbit are affected. It will take a burr under every American citizens saddle before you see any one truly rise against the criminal enterprise known as American government. I again call for one million US citizens to show solidarity and march on the capitol of political corruption and criminal behavior known as Washington D.C. Fill the streets and raise our voices. It's a dream I have but I realize when I go out into American society far too many folks are too set in their fragile secure lifestyles to be 'burdened' by actually trying to make a positive change. I'm an American born and bred, a veteran, and disgusted by my government from the city I live in to the POTUS an all that is in between! I am equally appalled at the fat lazy loudmouth Americans who do nothing to change this rotting stinking political bull#. Hey as long as I can have my 36 ounce Coke and another Big Mac now I won't have to think about the reality of the world I live in............

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by votan

The US isn't the one being accused of secret nuclear programs under the guise of power plants.

This is a perfect oppourtunity for Iran to shame, to embarrass the west.

Open the doors.

Show the world how peaceful Iran truely is!

edit on 8-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Like Iraq did?
Chief Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter was like a wolf crying out in the wilderness expressing no WMDs found in Iraq. That did not stop us. America was so embarrased they blew up the damn country, and caused close to a million civilian deaths over the following years.
edit on 9-8-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, as ALL it is this..............

The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, culture, economics or international role of the United States. Common contemporary negative stereotypes of Americans include that Americans are: aggressive, arrogant, ignorant, imperialistic, know-it-alls, loudmouthed, militaristic, obsessed with making money rather than making friends, too moralistic, obnoxious, and that many Americans are overweight

Anti-Americanism

Sounds about right.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join