It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Blaine91555

Post hate, get flags. Seems simple enough.

Newsflash...

The OP's opening post was not hateful!

It was actually quite truthful hence the flags he received.

That simple enough for you?

Or do you need me to explain in more detail?

You're quite the skilled debater. Perhaps less energy drink or coffee? I doubt anyone was impressed or moved.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is a quote from your original comment that I replied to:

"Just some quick numbers for the posters who talk about the US being ethically and morally superior to IRAN. Not sure if they are referring to specifically the governments or the people themselves, but an argument can be made for either. Here are just some quick facts I found in a rush."

In BOTH comments,you specifically use the words "ethically and morally" Do you read what you write?

Case closed

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

In the mean while, the US postal service is about to go bankrupt.

Link

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Wow. Just...........wow.
Typical response from a backward ideology. Im sure you believe this, but somehow i suspect once they are sent to the "madhouse" you describe, which is most likely Evin prison, they never return. And their bodies dumped in unmarked graves.

I did know that you are sensible on such issues, this is no far that you execute those that are against Gay marriage ! no matter you call it backwarded or forwarded, Gay marriage wil dump the western societies. and speaking against adultry was regarded backwarded but now you are witnessing the break down of families and lots of children without families. still not in backwarded countries but in those forwarded countries !
is wisdom backwarded ! then what is forwarded ! west is in population crisis.
I do not know why you people think that those that are executed are Gays in Iran. if there are Gays, it is in their private lifes. it is somehow odd that you people remember execution when one speaks about religion, maybe this is because of your historical experiences.
execution is not for sex crimes unless there is a lots of public scandal. for example rape. I remember a combined rape some times ago and I think that picture in this thread is about that which all of them get executed in public and no one said that execution is unfair since such people were criminal and they had lots of crimes.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I wonder why America is hated so much.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by toolgal462

How about this:

Iran & the US are both unethical and immoral compared to many countries...but are also ethically and Morally superior to many countries. Kinda middle of the road.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by nightbringr
Wow. Just...........wow.
Typical response from a backward ideology. Im sure you believe this, but somehow i suspect once they are sent to the "madhouse" you describe, which is most likely Evin prison, they never return. And their bodies dumped in unmarked graves.

I did know that you are sensible on such issues, this is no far that you execute those that are against Gay marriage ! no matter you call it backwarded or forwarded, Gay marriage wil dump the western societies. and speaking against adultry was regarded backwarded but now you are witnessing the break down of families and lots of children without families. still not in backwarded countries but in those forwarded countries !
is wisdom backwarded ! then what is forwarded ! west is in population crisis.

So here you justify the persecution of gays and adulterers. Gotcha.
By the way, adultery is somthing that needs to be dealt with at home, NEVER by the government.

Originally posted by maes2
I do not know why you people think that those that are executed are Gays in Iran.

Oh no?
www.guardian.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste
How about this:

Iran & the US are both unethical and immoral compared to many countries...but are also ethically and Morally superior to many countries. Kinda middle of the road.

How about this instead.

ALL of Mankind needs to have full command of the Truth, Facts and be Honest and accept that all of Mankind has been anything but Honest with themselves? To be willing to admit ones own faults and transgressions?

So as to learn from our REAL past by ALL of Humanity so as not to repeat our collective histories mistakes?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How about this:

Can't agree until you name specific countries....And I also cannot agree because I KNOW that the United States, for all of it's faults, is by FAR superior to Iran. There is no debate about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ALL of Mankind needs to have full command of the Truth, Facts and be Honest and accept that all of Mankind has been anything but Honest with themselves? To be willing to admit ones own faults and transgressions?

Until we as individuals can all be honest with each other in our communications, humanity will continue to make war against each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

How about this:

A thief claiming moral superiority over an extortionist misses the point of both morality and superiority. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Seriously, what would Iran do with one nuke-

Hiroshima was 1 Nuke.
Nagasaki was 1 Nuke.
Ever heard of an island in the Bikinis that's no longer there?

That was 1 Nuke.

they would be wiped off the face of the earth minutes

I think they are waiting for the Doomsday Santa or 12th something or other. Fits nicely into your scenario though.

PEACE

edit on 9-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I've heard of those atrocities yes, which nation happened to drop them!?!!!!!

In fact, what country is the only country in the entire world to ever use a nuclear weapon against a civilian population?

You think Iran will use their nuke and then get wiped off the planet?

Could you explain the logic behind that scenario?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
USA also train terrorist if I'm not mistaken.

Usually for areas that have less or not favored by the general public in that area. These terrorist were provided with money to buy AK47 (so its not obvious) and tactical how to to perform USA dirty works, sometimes they are even paid (not on payroll though)!

If the general public is in line with USA then huge sum of money provided with intelligence gathered.
Its fallable to claim USA does not train terrorist, its just not reported by media.

If its by opposing country its terrorist.
If its by USA its freedom fighter.

Just to correct some people perception on USA oh so heroic venture.

Damnit, if you are captured, just shut up
I'm paid by USA to engage
CIA is cool
CIA also intelligent
Dont fight your gov anymore, fight Iran, we can train you!

Mehhh I too lazy to search more, all these are shown on TV all the time.
Wait,...... they dont.

Recruiting Jundullah to infiltrate Iran is not a terrorist attack, its patriotic!.
Just ask the Hmongs.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
He already did in the comment you are responding to. Iran's ass-backwards religious tyrannical leader is hoping to hasten the coming of the12th iman or something like that. i.e. Iran wants Armageddon!
edit on 9-8-2012 by toolgal462 because: inproper quoting and spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'll wait till you're finished editing to reply.

edit on 9-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I was kidding, I just wnted to say that there are executions in USA too. because people says that there are many executions in Iran and when you search in google "execution in Iran" you can see lot's of sites that are speaking about execution in Iran and you can see most of them are just mixing right and wrong or say they are gays ! I do not know how they figured it out. those that are executed are usually convict of hard crimes.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Those aren't answers.

And by your second non response you admit that Iran has funded terrorist groups.

So I don't get a straight answer? Didn't think so.

Those are answers, and I've admitted nothing of the sort so please stop making up lies.

Don't complain just because you did not like my response especially after you falsely accuse me of admitting to something I never said.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You should realistically dive into the history before WWs to understand that Iran/Persia wasn't any different. Just because the country wasn't at the pinnacle of technology during the recent WW's and thus couldn't win wars, doesnt make them non-violent. Below is a good link for those interested. The comparison image in the OP is pretty biased.

In 1935 the Iranian government requested those countries which it had diplomatic relations with, to call Persia "Iran," which is the name of the country in Persian.

The suggestion for the change is said to have come from the Iranian ambassador to Germany, who came under the influence of the Nazis. At the time Germany was in the grip of racial fever and cultivated good relations with nations of "Aryan" blood. It is said that some German friends of the ambassador persuaded him that, as with the advent of Reza Shah, Persia had turned a new leaf in its history and had freed itself from the pernicious influences of Britain and Russia, whose interventions in Persian affairs had practically crippled the country under the Qajars, it was only fitting that the country be called by its own name, "Iran." This would not only signal a new beginning and bring home to the world the new era in Iranian history, but would also signify the Aryan race of its population, as "Iran" is a cognate of "Aryan" and derived from it.
And the attitude still persists in the minds of the iranian elites and thus the hatred towards the jews?

PERSIA_IRAN_LINK
edit on 9-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Understood. There certainly are executions in the US, most of which I support - some people should just not be walking the same streets as my family. I think the initial issue was over what justifies an execution. For example, are gays ever executed in Iran? We get reports here that they are, but I don't live there, so must defer to your experience there.

Either way, I don't have any problem with what Iran does internally to their own people. That is for the Iranian people to deem acceptable or not, it's not my business. I only concern myself with events outside Iran, in which Iran may be involved... or in which the US may be involved, for that matter.

For people to point at the US and insinuate it is The Great Satan because of covert operations, and in the same graphic attempt to deny that Iran has any such dealings, is disingenuous at best, because we both know they ALL do it. No one's hands are free of that blood, and claiming they are, just to make a political point, is just wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Maurice2014
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Should America's invasion of Canada in 1812 be on this list?

America and Canada were just playing tag in 1812.

Canada was "it".

We (Canada) burned down Washington DC in that war (1814)

Burning of Washington

Do they teach that in your schools?

I went to American schools for 5 years and never heard of this once until I moved back to Canada.

I went to school in England, of COURSE I learned it.

It was the "Great Back Atcha".

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join