It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of tanks and armor moving in California, Burbank

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
This is the same video that has been posted for a year or more now.....it is not from a couple days ago.

Did you even read the OP...?

*Facepalm*

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Interesting activity. It wasn't but a couple of months ago when this video (below) emerged of U.S. Military moving into multiple cities and conducting what they call training exercises throughout communities. One witness took a picture of armed soldiers in her neighborhood while another filmed parking lots full of military vehicles around his town. Some FL residents experienced helicopter training exercises in the middle of the night waking up to the sounds of machine guns and explosions. I live in TN and have seen freight trains packed with tanks and Hum-V's recently, but I assumed they were just coming back from Afghanistan. Here's the video I was referring to...

Video Link

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Living in WA, this sort of thing happens all the time. Training exercises at Ft. Lewis can keep you up all night! A few months back they were doing some heavy shelling, but it seems to have died down for the time being. It's pretty common to see heavy machinery driving on the interstate and through metropolis type areas. Something like what is shown in the OP videos doesn't bother me.

Had it been the same guy filming tanks headed in one direction painted green and coming back a few months later painted with a fancy new desert motif, I would be a little concerned. Even then, I'd feel like it is simply a precaution.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here we go again....as mentioned, almost certainly an NTC rotation. They do what 10 Brigades a year I think?

It's when they are moving to ports when you kind of need to look at stuff. Then they are going overseas. And usually when a unit goes over seas there is a POMCUS site (prepositioned equipment) so they can just fly in the troops. So if they are ACTUALLY putting heavy equipment on ships, it means they are going somewhere that either doesn't have a POMVUS site or the equipment has already been released to a unit that has flown over, but we need even more, so we are going to have to bring the gear this time. I think POMCUS has been reduced greatly since the cold war, but there are some key places that still have prepositioned equipment.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by 46ACE

Nope, sorry, way different vehicles, we do not drive tracked vehicles on civilian roads without a really really good reason, the M1117 is a light wheeled vehicle with armor and light weaponry, not the tracks we are seeing on the rail lines......I'm sorry, i'm all for a good story, but this is nothing more than a regiment or brigade moving out of NTC from training, could be the only line to get 1st or 3rd Cav back to Hood, 2nd back to Polk, any number of reserve units, or most likely 4th back to Riley KS.....Let us use logic, there is not a single unit in california with jungle camo, not a one. Nothing coming back from over seas has jungle camo. These are units that are coming off a temporary duty assignment. And as a previous ops officer, I sure would find closer units from the midwest to roll down the streets of Wisconsin than a unit from cali AND having to repaint them. Just too much effort, especially when you have riley due south.

Actually, you have three light cav units closer, Lewis, Riley, and Knox....all of which have appropriate camo and are closer.

Thanks for the knowledgeable input; I'm a "zoomie": don't know nuthin 'bout conus Army posts or armor.I was mostly pointing out these movements are not just from months or years ago, but documented today( yesterday).Cheers!
edit on 7-8-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You use the word - this - implying singular of the video. There are two videos attached to the post - are you referring to both or just one? Thank you.

Much Peace...

Was referring to the first one as the OP stated he had seen the second. The first has been posted here a while ago as well....can't find it in search though so will check on it through image/video search in the a.m. when I am up again.

I think you're confusing that video with another one. The first video was recorded on the 6th, a couple days ago. It says so in the desciption.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Just take a look at the paint on the heavy armor, they are not going to the M.E., but they could just be going to resupply bases who have sent heavy armor to the M.E., but that camo paint...whispers of martial law...military urban excersices, tanks in St. Louis, gunships and blackhawks over Little Rock. Yeah it's starting to scream martial law. Idunno if it's because of 12-21-12 or some other reason, but it appears that is what is being lined up is martial law.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

New World Order

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You realize that this is how they transfer a armored battalion or division because there not going to drive Abrams and Bradleys down a street in the US

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfTheMeek

The first video was recorded on the 6th, a couple days ago. It says so in the desciption.

And of course a youtube poster would never lie.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

They look like they are all sporting fresh paint jobs so I figure that they are coming back from refurbishing at the factory.

EDIT: BTW those are M2 Bradley IFVs (Infantry Fighting Vehicle), not tanks. It's basically like an APC with a 20mm cannon sitting in a turret on top of it. The funny thing is, during OIF, it was found that it was way too top-heavy to be used in rough terrain, so now they pretty much just use them in urban environments. Even in urban environments, though, they are very sluggish and not very maneuverable. Take from that what you will. To be honest, short of it being a cost-saving venture, I don't even know why they still use Bradleys. They're pretty much only good as semi-mobile weapons platforms. I suppose they would be good for checkpoint duty though, now that I think about it.
edit on 8/8/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My God, imagine the army moving equipment around in it's own country.

That's absolutely shocking... head for the hill folks.. no wait, they';re in the hills too.

Oh, well time to move to Australia .... no wait, there is an army there too... I've seen them fly planes and move armoured vehicles around too. My God the whole world is mobilizing for a war!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Weird timing. There's this forum post stating that the guy's Coast Guard friend was leaving on a "Top Secret" mission for a month. This tank moving thing is interesting. ATS Post

Can't help but attempt to draw a line between the moving of tanks and the multiple earthquakes that happened in Southern California today.

edit on 8-8-2012 by calebdaniels because: Added link the the aforementioned post.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Well they are not painted with grafiti or gang signs in order to blend in with urban areas so i think we are all ok.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Between training rotations at NTC and equipment coming back from Iraq its not surprising that there are a lot of tanks on the railroads.

I understand that most of the armor from Iraq is going through complete overhauls before they go back to units that means a extra stop maintenance base or company that is contracted to do the overhauls between the port they return through and the final unit they are assigned to or a ready storage base.after 10 years in iraq a lot of the armor has high mileage and need power train replacement.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Are they just "coming back" from where they were sent...................or....................are they off to the docks?

We do NOT bring them back from where they're sent. If they're sent overseas, they stay forever or they are sold to the highest bidder.

Off to the docks? Nope. Why would we be mobilizing/shipping hundreds and hundreds of tanks out of Santa Cruz/Burbank? We're not at war in the Malaysia.

My bet...they're mobilizing for some kind of defensive strategy. It takes A LOT of man power and logistics to fill, then send trains to any specific location without a few stops along the way.

I'm guessing that these are some of the final pieces f the puzzle, finally being put into play. The most obvious parts of an uprising/coup/marshal law would be right before it would be planned to occur. This would all be to keep the panic to a minimum before the military and the government flipped the switch.

All I can say, is THIS CAN'T HAPPEN IF OUR TROOPS LOVE THIS COUNTRY.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Great response - thank you. I even worked out some of the acronyms without using a reference for help. I don't teach advanced mathematics and I'm not showing my ignorance towards RIMPAC. Ignorance states I am ignoring the facts/evidence/information before me. I had been unaware of RIMPAC - thanks to you as my Teacher I am now aware.

I have some questions for you. The thread is about army tanks - with one video showing army tanks in Burbank California - multiple(or at least what appeared to be at least a hundred) of them. Are there any tanks utilised in RIMPAC? If you've referred to them with an acronym - then I haven't worked it out. How do the army tanks get from Hawaii and American soil and how long does it take?

The information being discussed within this thread is trying to ascertain why the army tanks were being transported - to where and from where and why??? I am a curious Soul.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'd like to respond to your post. I viewed the Burbank video on another site yesterday and for all intents and purposes it appears to be the real deal - why - because it has the vocal intact complete with swearing and emotion being conveyed through first hand comments and remarks.

I have viewed the same video elsewhere, afterwards, with music dubbed over the entire clip with no human voice audible. To me the original is more likely to have no editing. Just my thoughts in a world where discerning the truth from the lies gets more intriguing everyday.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thank you for responding but I'm not sure you understood my point. I am quite sure those are real tanks on a real train. All I was saying is that, just because the description of a youtube video has a certain date, it doesn't mean that it is the actual date. I don't automatically believe everything I see on youtube.

Perhaps the date is correct, perhaps not but I really don't find anything particularly alarming about it and it's not the first time it's happened.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow I nearly $hit myself when I read the title, I was like what are all these tanks doing coming to Burbank? (where I live). Then I saw the video which is a very old and I was like phew~~what's with the fear mongering bro

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join