It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Plot Thickens. Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Only on ATS are such things possible.

Some of you blow up things bigger then they should be.

Think about that.

That's all I'm saying for now since my daughter is sick and needs my attention.
edit on 7-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mardukiscoming
reply to post by Juggernog
[m
Which is why I plan to go off the grid.I know,you think that is impossible today.Not so my friend.Very soon I will be just a memory.No drivers license,no S.S.[well I will still have the number,just won't be needing it]no job.In fact there will be no way to find me at all unless you are part of my very small circle.I have done it before,on a trial run.From summer of '88 to early '91,there is absolutely no record of me anywhere.Only reason it ended is because I made a mistake,resurfaced temporarily,and got caught doing something illegal.Long story short I got put on a government list and was forced to live a "normal" life since then.But soon I will be gone again.I have been planning this for sometime.Of course,you probably don't believe me.Doesn't matter.I know how to disappear.And this time I am not reappearing,ever.Good Day.

This may sound stupid but what about food clothes house and showering?!

Anywho I deleted my Facebook awhile ago. Don't really care to see half naked teens doing the "duck face." But I do have a fake account that no one know about in case I want to creep someone..lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Does anyone take more than 5 minutes to think about anything these days? Boy the traitors are doing a good job with their sheepifying of masses. But surely, I'm wrong right?
must be sleepy.
edit on 7-8-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
While I do value my privacy, that's not the reason for me not being on Face Book. I see no use whatsoever for me to be on there. I have friends, REAL friends. You know, the kind you talk to on the phone, go out to a movie with, have over for some drinks, celebrate your birthdays and holidays with, ask for help or guidance when your in trouble, give help or guidance when they are in trouble. Those kinds of friends. They're pretty neat, actually, some people should try them.

Somebody who provides a little avatar pictures to sit on the front of your Facebook page, post links to stupid articles, tells you exactly what they are doing at this very moment, engage in various useless and boring online game with. Those aren't friends. Those are just people you present to others to make them think you actually have friends.

I don't care what anybody says, no one has 500 friends. You might have 500 people that you've talked to once at a bar, or ran into at work, or took a cab with, or dropped their wallet and you gave it back to them. Those people aren't friends, they are just people that you have come across in your life.

This isn't frikn Pokemon, you don't have to "collect em all!" I don't understand the mentality of a person who wishes to rack up a huge list of people that you never hang out with and can't even remember where you know them from.

And I hate the excuse "Oh I only have a Facebook page because I have family across the country"

That's bull. You have a facebook page because you want to be "in" you want other people to think you are popular, want to show everyone else what a cool guy you are, or such a unique individual you turned out to be.

I have a huge family and they are all over the US and some in Canada. I don't need a facebook account to keep in contact with them. If they are relatives I'm actually close with and care about I'll call them on the phone (you know most cellphones don't charge for long distance) or I'll send them an E-Mail (free and nobody else is paying attention to your conversations, except for the feds but that's a different story)

If they are relatives I'm not too close with or don't really care about too much I'll just run into them a few times at family functions and holidays.

I can totally understand if you are a artist, a singer with a band, or some type of business you are trying to promote. It makes perfect sense to promote your "brand" to increase the marketability of your product or service.

But regular people? You don't need a facebook page. You have one because you are vain. You want to show off. You want other people to look at your page and be jealous, or think "man, this guy is cool!"

You want to take pictures of your vacations, or of that one special night you went out and then post them all on your page so people think your whole life is that exciting and fulfilling. When in actuality it isn't, because if it was you wouldn't need to entertain or fulfill yourself by making others jealous of the life you don't actually live.

You want to post a "clever" status update so people all over the world can see how funny and witty you are, or you want to hurl a veiled insult at one of the "friends" on your friend list with a carefully worded wall post.

You want to post pictures of several guys/girls with you so that your ex that dumped you will feel bad, or so that your current BF/GF gets jealous. Or you want to post some pictures of yourself all tanned and without a shirt on to try and hook up with loose women who peruse facebook for meaningless sex.

Or you have a page so that you can meet people, because in real life you're too dull or too much of an ass for people to want to befriend you.

Your sole purpose for having a facebook page is to make yourself feel better, show off, and make other people jealous. Or at least try to do those things. You are carefully crafting an interactive image of the person you WANT to be, the person who you show to the world, but not who you really are.

Is this all bad? I guess not. It's human nature. Most people want to show off, most people want others to think they are good looking, well off, have a fun exciting life.

But just don't lie about it. Don't make lame excuses that are easy to see through about why you have a facebook account. Just be honest.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I tried to open a Facebook account once with the name Cool Beans, but it wouldn't let me.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'd actually argue the opposite.

Psychopaths tend to have a very large opinion of themselves and they always want people to know it. Their image is everything, they need to protect their image in order to hide their true selves. Thus they create a "look at me" Twitter or Facebook account, spending inordinate amounts of time advertising their "image" to the public.

Who woulda thunk it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
What if you have 5 facebook accounts.. Does that mean you have a borderline personality problem?

Who ever those idiots are making statements like that need a F**king baseball bat to the head. No I'm not a serial killer either.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
I tried to open a Facebook account once with the name Cool Beans, but it wouldn't let me.

haha, yeah i have tried a few different names which were rejected... One that got through was Transparent Man
Obviously I don't use that account but I guess it will keep someone guessing if they really want to find out who it is..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Short version:
Problem + (False)Solution = Gain

Long version:
In High School, the social engineering juggernaut enforces the notion that if we are not popular, we are complete failures. But thank goodness, because if we have the most popular friends, and we are into all the popular things, we get a free ticket to 'I belong'. (Notice how we are trained to only accept this feeling from outside).

Now what happens? Well on FB, everything is a click away. I can like this, instantly be friends with these popular guys and girls, or maybe I can share something funny because my name and photo is right there for everyone to see. "Whew!", we say, "I'm so glad that I managed to fit it".

But now we turn to the people who have always lived with that feeling of completeness in their hearts? Why are they so happy, but lack all the effort we go though? Well, it must be because they are not all there upstairs.

A clear case of judging someone in order to reinforce clear hypnotism. Something which has only been allowed to take hold due to the inevitable hurt every human feels at some point in their lives, the case of: Do I really matter?
edit on 7-8-2012 by adrift because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

Outstanding post.

Even ATS fits this need for some. Our star system (and to an extent, our flag system) is nothing but ego boost via social acceptance.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would think it is more healthy to spontaneously drive buy your friends house, have a nice talk, a coffee and then plan to meet up to do something in the week to come, instead of reading about your friend on Facebook!

Or to go out on town, bump in to a friend and talk face to face, instead of constantly sit inside in front of the computer.

Or when at work, talk to your friends and decide to meet down at the local pub at a certain time.

To me, the listed scenarios above would be signs of a normal healthy interaction with the surrounding network of ones friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I hate Facebook.
You don't need to know who I am, I don't need to know who you are.

Now I can be labelled as a deviant or suspicious because I don't follow the flock. I dont understand how you Facebook users are so open with your privacy.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hannah1234

I laughed at your "duck face" comment,I call it the beebo pose!Learned about it looking at my nieces photos a few years back,thank God the eldest has grown out of it now,hopefully the younger one will too.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This might literally be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. I try not to be judgemental of everyone around me rushing to become robots. I can't believe they would dare judge me for opting out.

When they start plugging FB into your eyes, will I be penalized if I pass?

Get me off this rock. Everyone has lost their minds.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cough

Yeah you may as well say my Dad who is over 50 years old is suspicious because he don't give two sh!ts about facebook and most likely doesn't even know it exists or how to use it. This is ridiculous on so many fronts.

they are trying to push people and it will not work... Facebook is absolute sh!t and good luck to them finding me on there. I'd rather be out do mentally ill stuff in privacy

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
I hate Facebook.
You don't need to know who I am, I don't need to know who you are.

Now I can be labelled as a deviant or suspicious because I don't follow the flock. I dont understand how you Facebook users are so open with your privacy.

Its like, hey world, check out how ridiculous I am on the weekend... adds (stupid drunk photo or something) 20 other morons comment. While all that is happening, so pedophile is checking out your childrens photos, a spy is making sure you are drinking your fluoride properly and Mark Zuckerberg is probably doing both and laughing is fn head off...at how retarded a common person really is.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I knew this was coming as well...
So if you are smart enough to care about privacy you are now a terrorist, murderer, rapist, psychopath and so on.
I wonder when they will come take us who cares about privacy and put us in a concentration camp..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I have to agree with that point... true psychopaths would want a facebook account.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Ummm Brevik had a facebook page, thats one of the places the media first started gathering information about him from.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

They are lying through their teeth on that one. In fact he was also very active on social media sites according to Norwegian mainstream news. They now believe the people are so stupid that they lie about things that were common knowledge short time ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
I only use Facebook to f**k the system. I don't put any updates, likes, dislikes, really any personal information at all. I rarely check it. The only time I use it is to disseminate things like are found on this site, trying to wake up the general populace. Sure, I have a Facebook account, but I only use it to "their" disadvantage.

Sorry but they still track you every move thanks to nearly every website now having facebook scripts running with like button and so on. Every site you visit with such a button will send back information about you to facebook.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join