It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the Plot Thickens. Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have a facebook account that I de-activated and rarely use...does that make me a part-time lunatic?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If it wasn't for one of my exes, I would not have a facebook today.

I only use it to play 'words with friends' (scrabble rip off) with my family.. that's about it.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

HAHA! anyone can be considered a psychopath by skewed perspectives. The name of the game is twisting reality to fit your preconceived notions of reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
I guess then I'd be pretty awesome then huh? (Sorry, "Brilliant" for you Brits)

I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but we poor lowly Brits can wrap our heads around a word such as "Awesome".... It being an English word, and all.

As to the OP, and not having a Failbook account effecting your chances of getting a job.... Would you really want to work for a company that hire people based on their facebook account? Just imagine all the brain-dead conformist dolts you would have to deal with on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have a Myspace account I haven't visited in about 6 years. Is that a psychopath or just creepy?

FYI, I couldn't possibly care less about "Social Networking". It has turned into nothing but a Corporatist popularity contest. Whoop-de-doo.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Facebook only ?
or any forum on the net

i have joined ATS apx 4 yrs ago
that mean im not a psychopath

and before that i was loosing my time on ICQ,IRC,MSN
in that order

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Precisely...I no longer have many friends because I refuse to use text messaging and I am the one putting them out. No one contacts me, so I truly know who my friends are, the ones who actually call to chat instead of sending out mass texts. I even try to call people to get answers for things instead of googling. Yeah, it is more time intensive, but that person now feels needed that I looked to them for the info and I also got to chat a bit. It is called socializing.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here's what the proles are eventually going to figure out.... there's a steep price to be paid for living on Coruscant. In the heart of the empire, no matter how luxurious it is, you're always going to be under scrutiny.

Here on the Outer Rim, life is fine. For now, anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Would a psychopath envision smashing your face in on a stucco wall, or curb stomping your head like a watermelon for your ignorant comments??

Nah, i bet most people who read that envisoned the same thing.

If not, you might want to watch out now though, since you just pissed off a bunch of psychopaths lol.

So whats your Facebook account name? id love to add you??

Moron. Watch you mouth if you dont want it stuffed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Guess I'm a psychopath/mass murderer. My parents will be so proud.
I did drive over a swarm of ants the other day....hmmmm

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So if they cant spy on you you are a Treath to your government , i dont have facebook mainly because i believe facebook sells your personal information to advertisers , so they make big money by sharing your personal information with 3rd parties , and they worst part is that any facebook subscriber agrees with this.

they are derailing freedom and privacy , again i ask myself this question , what has become of our western standards about respecting a persons decisions.

This paper is issuing severe accusations to ppl saying they might be terrorists , just because they dont use facebook.

Freedom and privacy has become the bigggest lie ever known to man
comming from those that demand accountablilty from everyone but offer none themselfs.

When i read news like this i wonder how things would be in 10 years from now , will you all be chipped ?? , because i certainly wont allow them to do that to me , i rather die free then being alive in a prison.
Our leaders must be the psychopaths , they hate us so much they do anything to take away everything from us
and shouting if your not with us your against us , meanwhile they enrich themselfs like mad .

They want us not to have secrets , meanwhile the goverments hide more information from us then we do from them.

Its really sad ...

TheGreazel

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think one of the hardest things I've had to do as a parent is explain to an 11 yr old why she cannot have a Facebook. With a 22 year old step-mom backing her up. I'm quickly out numbered and have to resort to yelling about it. This argument goes on and on in my house. Probably every other month or so my daughter will try to find some creative way to put her profile onto the internet, either through her Ipod or some other form of media. And for what? So people can bash her looks and bash everything she says, and bash everything she does? Is my daughter a masochist perhaps? There's nothing but negativity when it comes to the comments from the pre-teens and teens. So what's the point? I don't get it.. Don't get it at all..

I try to explain how things on the internet can never be deleted. And can and will be used against her in the future. If she ever wants to be in service to the public, that her actions on the net will be used against her. But trying to explain the forseeable future to an eleven year old is like trying to explain to a fish what air feels like. It just ain't gonna happen..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A step toward the microchip. If you don't take the chip under your skin then there must be something wrong with you? You must be trying to hide something.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosandOrder

Amen to that!!!

Yeah what ever happened to actual human interaction. Like when you call someone. I had a girl I was dating for about a month who insisted on communicating through text only. I insisted on communicating through phone calls. Needless to say we didn't work out. But I thought that it was strange to have an intimate relationship with someone who only likes to text.

ANd you are very right. It is important to call friends from time to time to ask them questions about stuff that they know the most about. It does feed the positive side of the relationship. ANd you do find out who your friends really are when you realize half of them only like to mass text and don't do one on one friendships anymore. Or are too fair weathered. I think things like facebook make it even easier for people to be fairweathered half friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Who needs Hollywood when 'real life' is a comedy in itself?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Facebook, Twitter, and social media are a joke created for antisocial idiots who want to spend all their time gaining fake friends to make up for their shallow social lives. At the same time, employers want to use FB and Twitter to keep tabs on their workers so that they can use any excuse to fire them and bring in new workers to work for less.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The article premise, is psycho! Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! Really? Promote more limitations?

People with FBs(using real name/loc, of course) face scrutiny because employees can find everything about you that they CANNOT ask on an application-in some places probably not all:
-how you present yourself through images to even how you look-if they haven't seen you in person/"drunk", "sleazy", "too attractive or not enough", etc.
-pregnancy
-sexual orientation
-religion
-race
-disabilities
-how much time you spend on FB/ or with hobbies-"spends too much leisure time, must be lazy"...
-See here-for US

Screening of FB of potential employees violates the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, no? Maybe not in other places?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Facecrack is an experiment in superficiality and perpetuation of bad spelling and grammar.

I did have an account in the past, but any time I had something meaningful to discuss/say, it was met with silence... like people reading it were confused as to how to act/respond because it was something tangible/productive/thought provoking.

Facebook is FAKE ACTIVITY

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The thing about all this is that it's only going to get worst. I guess I'm a sociopath because I don't have a twitter or a facebook account, pretty soon it's going to become illegal not to have one.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, I'm suspicious because I don't tell a bunch of strangers my every thought and action?
Well, just mark me down as psycho, cause I like my privacy and it's none of their business.
My wife and daughter are on Facebook and I've looked over their shoulder while they're browsing through. People get on there and tell about everything they've done. That's just stupid. I think you have to be a bit off to want to advertise every move you make.
But, I'm sure given time, they will label the ones without an account a subversive.
Damn, looks like I'm gonna be on another list.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join