It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The Most Logical Reason Aliens Will Invade...be to eat us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
its funny how you're called a nut by society if you believe in beings from other planets with advanced technology visitng earth and our solar system and intervening in human affairs;

but believing in - based on pure 'faith - the existance of angels sitting on fluffy clouds playing harps is okay...

sure i believe in that, if its accepted the angels were misconstrued as aliens...

other than that the clouds and fluffy harps are a bit too much for my credulity levels...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

shepards tend to their flocks, when a sheep gets ill they look after it, if it picks up a disease it will be handled..

humans have developed many disease on our own, im sure aliens will love to eat HIV positive infected food, in the similar fashion we humans love to eat beef with mad cows disease.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by Dr Expired

yeah; but they dont need to invade, they've been farming humans for millenia.

catholic church has priests who are SHEPHERDS and you are the SHEEP

the sumerians used a term similar to that which we use for cattle...

humans are workers for the aliens as well as a food source.

the Egyptians knew their 'gods' were not human but COULD TAKE HUMAN FORM

maybe you should all take another look at those reptilian shapeshifter vids you've all been laughing at.

holocaust means 'burnt offering/sacrifice to the gods'

join the dots.

Very interesting indeed, there are stories on the third reichs relationship with Aliens, good theory.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wouldnt eat a person with the garbage that is so easily around for us inside them, you would probably die yourself.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here's my take on why I think they will be hostile.

If you are intelligent, what is the most dangerous thing in the universe? Answer: Other intelligence. They can't take the risk that we'll share the universe peacefully. They can't take the risk that they will be able to control our behavior. The smart thing to do would be to kill us all before humanity (or humanity's descendents) become a threat, just to play it safe.

Why does it make sense to expect this kind of paranoia and hostility from extraterrestrial civilizations? I figure the less paranoid and less hostile ones out there are more likely to have already succumbed to attacks by their nearest, more aggressive, neighbors. The survivors should be the most aggressive, right?

Then again, the hostile invader risks the danger of encountering an even more hostile and more technologically capable civilization. Maybe the best thing to do would actually be to remain undetected for the longest possible time. Hiding an entire civilization from prying alien eyes might be infeasible, though.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I like the theme, and original question, posed by this thread. It's a question any self respecting individual who has put even an ounce of attention towards the matter should ask. I have spent much time contemplating Alien reasoning(s) and have come to what I consider the most logic answer, and that is when trying to understand aliens and specificly motives, that our worldly logic can not be attributed. I simply feel that there is no universal 'logic' that can be placed on them. One may say all life forms would require food, raw materials, ect... but I do not think so. In fact I think many advanced alien races are perhaps beyond the need to harvest food and materials. One might assume conquest or territorial disputes but, and again, these are worldly notions that may not apply.

In the end, I simply think it's fruitless to even hazard a guess as to what they may or might have as intention(s).
edit on 31-8-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A violent civilization would have self-destructed. We see this on our own planet, with all the ancient civilizations that self-destructed. For aliens to be advanced enough to travel across the universe, they would understand the importance of living in harmony with each other, their planet, and other races.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
How many people just disappear each day in the world. How many of these people wind up being eaten? I'd put my bet that cannibalistic people were eating others before aliens though.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If aliens did come here to eat us, we should at least take comfort that they would probably skip most industrialized countries, as I doubt most people would taste very good, given all the preservatives and other toxins they've been loaded up with. Then again, aliens might really enjoy that. Maybe you should start marinating yourself every night ,just in case. If they're going to come all this way, we'd might as well make it worth their while.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
They're more parents than carnivores, so NO, that wouldnt be it. Really unbleivable some of the ideas. There is nothing we have that the true Higher Ups need here. We have family managing our lives and nudging us to wake up and try to get on track with our goals in this life time. Negatives do exist but they are only a little over our head for levels, and above that Higher Ups and Family oversee this school or learning ground where we are to overcome anger, harm for others and grow in.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They're more parents than carnivores, so NO, that wouldnt be it. Really unbleivable some of the ideas. There is nothing we have that the true Higher Ups need here. We have family managing our lives and nudging us to wake up and try to get on track with our goals in this life time. Negatives do exist but they are only a little over our head for levels, and above that Higher Ups and Family oversee this school or learning ground where we are to overcome anger, harm for others and grow in.

I agree with this.

Heres a site you should check out.

www.lawofone.info

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I Drink, I do Drugs, And I Smoke, And I'm Old and in Bad Health. They Don't Want Me .

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
ruling class ?

wtf ?

we can't even say if they would even be a carbon based life form and you already have them down as illuminati slaves

lol

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
Here's my take on why I think they will be hostile.

If you are intelligent, what is the most dangerous thing in the universe? Answer: Other intelligence. They can't take the risk that we'll share the universe peacefully. They can't take the risk that they will be able to control our behavior. The smart thing to do would be to kill us all before humanity (or humanity's descendents) become a threat, just to play it safe.

Then there's the possibility that exhibiting such aggressive and selfish behavior attracts attention from other even more powerful beings in the galaxy who have decided that such things ought to be forbidden, because they prove that the attacking civilization is too selfish and paranoid to cooperate.

If there is one, and only one, master civilization in the galaxy then preemptive xenocide might work. If there are two or three, and with sufficiently high technology for interstellar travel, there is probably the technology for mutually assured destruction. In which case, the game theory says that it is better to cooperate, at least among each other.

In that case, the fate of small chickens like Earth would depend on what rules that one Big Old Civilization has to play to get along with the other Big Old Civilizations. It would be Great Power politics. Who's gonna play Afghanistan?
edit on 1-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Just a very basic example of why this premise is ridiculous: Humans are apex predators... not an ideal food source.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic

Just a very basic example of why this premise is ridiculous: Humans are apex predators... not an ideal food source.

At the time, Vendramini's theory that Neanderthals were 'apex predators' who hunted, cannibalized and raped early humans in the Middle East between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago was considered controversial. Now that theory has been confirmed by the Draft Neanderthal Sequence, which reveals that between 1- 4% of human genes come from Neanderthals.

According to Vendramini, Neanderthals hunted our ancestors for over 50,000 years and almost wiped them out. “The only humans to survive were those born with modern traits like high intelligence, creativity, aggression, language and guile.” He said. “These fully modern Cro-Magnons turned the tables on their former predators and eventually annihilated them

Very interesting Sym.
Please carry on.
edit on 1-9-2012 by foxhoundone because: Tired eyes

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic

At the time, Vendramini's theory that Neanderthals were 'apex predators' who hunted, cannibalized and raped early humans in the Middle East between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago was considered controversial. Now that theory has been confirmed by the Draft Neanderthal Sequence, which reveals that between 1- 4% of human genes come from Neanderthals.

According to Vendramini, Neanderthals hunted our ancestors for over 50,000 years and almost wiped them out. “The only humans to survive were those born with modern traits like high intelligence, creativity, aggression, language and guile.” He said. “These fully modern Cro-Magnons turned the tables on their former predators and eventually annihilated them

Why then are homo sapiens and predecessors remains found on most land area, but Neanderthals mostly in Europe?

Homo sapiens are probably better runners, too, and significant aboriginal groups use persistence hunting, a technique not really known to be used by any other animal. Seems unlikely that Neanderthal could hunt human with any regular success outside a rare ambush. If you wanted to hunt some animal, why go after the smart one with friends, the animal that can either decide to fight back in numbers at a later date, or actively decide to migrate elsewhere and avoid you. Point of hunting is to get nutrition the easiest & fastest. I'd rather hunt a pheasant.

Neanderthals seem better adapted for cold climates biologically and homo sapiens better for others. Homo sapiens can adapt to colder climates with technology (fur clothes & fire), but Neanderthal might find it hard to do the reverse.

Over a few tens of thousands of years, climate changed.

With primitive weapons the strength advantages of Neanderthal over human may be less valuable, but the endurance & mobility advantages of human remain.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
yes

I might be saying this because I'm hungry, but I think sustenance is really important whether it be plant/animal/mineral or otherwise. Well if the can use ZP energy to live of, they might just be here for entertainment.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think it's more logical that we are loring them here with illogical thoughts so that we Can eat them.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
I think it's more logical that we are loring them here with illogical thoughts so that we Can eat them.

Now that would be the most amazing thing, and yes very plausible, Aliens travelling zillions of miles to reach Earth, only to be made extinct by hungry Earthlings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join