It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The Most Logical Reason Aliens Will Invade...be to eat us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That's a simple qualified yes and a qualified no answer. As there may be many aliens species that are carnivorous, there are just as many that aren't. Think about it; why would an alien species come to earth to eat it's inhabitants? One, they were travelling and ran short on food. Two, their planet ran out of resources so they researched earth and discovered that it's inhabitants were edible. Or three, there is a essential benefit to their survival that depends on the nutrition in human beings. I wouldn't want to think this is true, but it could be.

But let's look at it from a positive view. Their resources could have ran dry and they are in search of new land. Planet Earth as we know it, may be the closest planet that can sustain their life. Food, re-population, knowledge and shelter, may be the only thing that they are seeking. The whole theory of one intelligent species dominating the other is mis-interpreted in many ways. People forget that European settlers did this to the Native Americans. The native americans saw this as a hostile takeover. European settlers viewed it as replacing an old system with one that suits their personal needs. Yea, some aliens may attempt to do this in our society, but they would probably do it in a much less hostile way. It all depends on their level of intelligence. The current system that we are on was built on blood shed. So if another civilization were to correct these wrongful doings without eliminating the life forms on this planet, I'd accept it. You never know, they may give us cures for common diseases that are killing us.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Martian1127

Star for trying, But this doesn't correlate, else we would have eaten all the native Americans. We just took their land, we didn't want to eat them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

I didn't try and say that one was better than the other. I simply separated the two theories, by idea. In my opinion, the theory of an alien race eating earth's inhabitants are science fiction. We view aliens as monsters, when in reality their anatomy could be human like. Cannibalism exist, but should we assume that a much more intelligent species wouldn't have found an alternative food source? For all we know, humans on Earth might be the only ones that are stuck on the carnivorous stage. Alien civilizations have probably found ways to feed the body without killing other life forms.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Martian1127 because: additional information.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Assuming a advanced alien culture is 10000's of years old why would they wait for a semi-advanced culture to develop on a planet before attacking? Just a few hundered years ago the best we had were crossbows and catapults, a few 1000 and many were nothing more than nomadic cavemen. Even now our technology would be inferior to any race capable of travelling faster than the speed of light, and a race that advanced would not be intrested in any of the minerals on earth.. so yhea the only reason to invade would be if humans are a delacy, perhaps we taste like chicken
edit on 7-8-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Satan will round up his followers aka extraterrestrial beings and interdimensional beings that are thoughtforms and resonat evil, just so that we will never again be safe.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by therovers

We perhaps forget our broadcasting of electromagnetic waves ect has only been occuring on Earth for approximately 120 years or so.

Aliens in vehicles scouting the universe will only have recently picked up on our location thanks to our transmissions.

Ahh they say lets translate these signals on our holo screens ...ahhh yummy they exclaim , doesn't that creature in the moustache and baggy pants look tasty.

OOh and look at those creatures rubbing against each other ,and those ones mounting funny machines and using their legs to move , lets go there at once , we have found at last food for our starving zillions.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

It takes some sense to realize why aliens came to establish underground bases across the world. Some disinformation agents in the knowledge of Roswell decided to provide 'denial through plausible cause,' which means that they will tell lies around the truth forcing people to believe not that of the base truth.

The reason, surprisingly and overlooked, is simply because the aliens don't have sex organs.

Cattle mutilations from 1973-1979, over 8,000 cattle were abducted by strange lights. FBI study says that over 70% had the sexual organs removed and missing, the highest percent of any part of the events.

Abductions, really that only reason was to extract genetic material, thankfully they respected humans more than cattle.

The alien love bite written by Eve Lorgen, aliens were monitoring the sex lives of abductees, and also forcing relationships to break up because they wanted to examined the process of human sexual love and emotions.

Here is a true alien body depiction from a government source in 1978, notice that they are very skinny, they do not have sex organs so the whole thought of man-woman love would be foreign to them.

edit on 22-8-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Fascinating...I guess no one will ever say they went down on an alien, only up into their ........orb....perhaps?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I don't assume they'll be peaceful or hostile. It's best to give them a chance to show their real intentions.

That's the biggest weakness about logic is that there is never any real consensus and it can always be used to justify any kind of behavior you want to.

Unless they're a hive mind, then the big problem with sentient though is there are lots of ways to interpret things, and there will always be disagreements on what any given circumstances or situation can be done.

So it's wise to never assume if they're going to be peaceful or hostile.

Let them prove their true intentions.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

If ancient histories are correct they have been here before to overwhelm and enslave us...
...next time they will try to tranform and replace us.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If they come here its probably not for us or to eat us, we're not that important or tasty I wouldn't think. now those dinosaurs, I wounder how they tasted, maybe that could be a reason they went extinct?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

maybe because they were the same species? others species on the other hand there is nothing we don't eat.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
People can laugh if they want but...there's hundreds of thousands of people missing.When contact is made I'd like to hear their explanation.I can guarantee their answer will be very interesting...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Guess I always thought they would invade us for our natural resources..mainly our minerals. Hate to say this, but think Avatar....mining that planet for their "Unobtanium". Bad example, but it could happen. Say their race needs copper, or iron, and they detect our planet has an abundance of that ore. Whats to keep them from setting up shop here?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You ever think there is a deer out in the woods or a tuna in the ocean that thinks...

"I wonder why sometimes those strange, pale colored animals come and hunt/fish us out of our environment and take us off to some mysterious place beyond what we know. I wonder if... if... IF THEY EAT US!"

Yes... we eat them.

Imagine from a fishes perspective, some strange hovering ship-like thing comes and a shiny, mesmerizing thing descents from it that takes them away never to be seen again. Not dissimilar to how we might think of an alien abduction.

I guess if they do eat us... karma is a # huh?
edit on 22-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think you have a good point, OP. Look at the reason humans keep millions of cattle and chickens. To eat them. The same principle could be applied in the way you're suggesting. I think it is reasonably possible.

Also, I have wondered if an aggressive race of colonizing ETs would make slaves out of all of us and put us on intergalactic slave ships. Nightmare scenario.

EDIT TO ADD: How do you think the Mayans learned to rip the beating hearts out of sacrificial slaves? Maybe they learned it from ETs who ate and drank from a fresh human kill. Maybe the Mayans were trying to conjur up the ETs and bring them back by going through the sacrificial ritual they got from the ETs.
edit on 22-8-2012 by switching yard because: add

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Good points thanks.
So many of Humankind know not waht suffering they cause other creatures that they harvest for food, the demonic way they kill in factories of death.

But for some imagining more capable aliens wouldn't do it to us , is in some ways laughable.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If they are capable of intergalactic travel, they don't really need to get food from out planet. They might however, like our water.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I myself don't think that human would work as a food source for an alien species. Unless it was like the beast in the Thing movies that assimilate a being and become a duplicate of it.

More likely they would want a rare resource that is not available in space. Why bother with an inhabited planet if what they need is available in the asteroid ring or Mars or even some of the moons of the local gas giants.

Most likely they would want the Earth to colonize. Blue Marble planets may be quite rare and if one was found at a reasonable distance from your home planet it might be worth taking. All you would really need at this point is a couple of large asteroids impacts and between the resulting firestorm and the nuclear winter that would follow the surface of the earth would be ready for colonization and terraforming in approximately ten to twenty years. Survivors would be few and their salt mines, caves, or whatever could be nuked or hit by small asteroids simulating say a 50 or 100 megaton blast. And mop up teams could handle the stragglers

Then introduce home planet plants and then the animals. After a couple of hundred years it would look like the home planet. Assuming it's roughly similar to Earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Fascinating...I guess no one will ever say they went down on an alien, only up into their ........orb....perhaps?

For an alien to be interested in something means they go into it, as if submerging more than a human mind can. If things had poles, they would see the highest end of both poles. Much like to the world, human love was completely foreign to them. So it goes deeper than that of what we can understand. When we talk about eating, we talk about feeding. My post on the ultimate alien truth forgot to mention that aliens have very small mouths and no teeth as seen in the picture below - they do not eat food.

There are two ways an alien can eat. One is for energy, they are able to take the energy in atoms and convert it into body energy somehow, it would be a process farther than any of our mind would have been able to predict. The other way is what we can relate to as demonic possesion in some cases, they feed off of emotional energy and souls. In order for an alien to understand the poles of love they need human subjects, and like demons I am assuming they can enter a person, or maybe they keep watch from above, whatever it is they have their way. Aliens like magic, ghosts, the occult, etc. I don't know if this means they aren't even from space, I cannot understand why an alien would like the agenda of a pagan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join