It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I’m a little confused, do you have another source? No where did I hear or read he was found with his hands behind his back, nor did it say he was a passenger in a vehicle when arrested?

His mother claims he was searched twice and that she was told he was shot in the right temple. Was she there when he was arrested? Who told her that is where he was shot? It doesn’t say, nor does it say what kind of drugs he was found with. It does imply that he smuggled the gun in and didn’t find it in the cruiser by the PIO talking about missing things during a search.

Seems like your ready to hang the officer based on what little facts the police are letting out, and what the mother is claiming. It’s also disturbing that it seems like your adding your own information to suit your stance. That is unless you have an alternative source besides the one you gave.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac573

Yes, police mistreat white people too, I have been mistreated myself. It doesn't seem to garner as much attention though. Granted, he lived, but still....
edit on Thu, 02 Aug 2012 11:07:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jake321

I’m a little confused, do you have another source? No where did I hear or read he was found with his hands behind his back, nor did it say he was a passenger in a vehicle when arrested?

His mother claims he was searched twice and that she was told he was shot in the right temple. Was she there when he was arrested? Who told her that is where he was shot? It doesn’t say, nor does it say what kind of drugs he was found with. It does imply that he smuggled the gun in and didn’t find it in the cruiser by the PIO talking about missing things during a search.

Seems like your ready to hang the officer based on what little facts the police are letting out, and what the mother is claiming. It’s also disturbing that it seems like your adding your own information to suit your stance. That is unless you have an alternative source besides the one you gave.

Dude, reading comprehension is your friend:

A police report obtained by KAIT indicated that 21-year-old Chavis Chacobie Carter had been a passenger in a pickup truck when Officer Ron Marsh found “some marijuana” and plastic baggies in his possession. Marsh also determined that Carter had been wanted on a warrant after he missed a court date for drug charges in DeSoto County, Mississippi. Marsh then had Carter “exit the patrol unit, placed him into handcuffs, searched him a second time then placed him into the back seat of the patrol unit.”

Jonesboro Police Sergeant Lyle Waterworth told WREG that Carter had been “handcuffed behind his back and double locked, and searched.” At that point, Officer Keith Baggett believed a passing car ran over a piece of metal in the road because he heard “a loud thump with a metallic sound.” Baggett said he then heard “several thumps” after Marsh released the two other suspects. Marsh motioned Baggett over to the patrol car and said the 21-year-old had shot himself. When the officers opened the patrol car door, they found Carter in a “sitting position slumped forward with his head in his lap.” The report indicated that Carter was still handcuffed and a small caliber handgun was sitting beside him.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 2-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Happened in Jonesboro, AR, Hmmmm i know that just with my experience with police in Arkansas, for speeding, that these guys are always on edge. I think a lot of them think they are above the regular population. Many look as if they are on steriods, they all shave their heads, actually my brother got pulled out of his car for speeding with a gun pointed at his head. They said it was because he was speeding excessively, and he matched a description of a stolen car, WE didnt buy that either. Arkansas is a huge police state. Buckle up if you come to this state

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

My reply was to blackmarketeer but since you want to chime in DUDE. This was never given in this thread as a source so reading comprehension has nothing to do with it. Now if you suggest I should have looked/investigated it on my own I didn’t. If this happened while searching the vehicle the occupant or at least the driver should have still been there. So there is at least one witness right? Sounds like both officers were away dealing with the truck and it occupants when the “thumps” were heard. At least according to your source.

Release the fear and you can live without hate and vise versa! The big bad boogyman PO PO isn't out to get you and doesn't want to go through all the paperwork and hassle to do it. lol

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Seems legit.

Must of hidden the gun in his rectum.
And he was more than likely a contortionist to boot.
Probably was practicing to be ambidextrous as well.

You know at least the cops could of come up with a better story.
Resisting arrest.... come on.
Plant the weapon.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
IF this is TRUE then it seems a remedial subject pat down - search for weapons class is in order.

He could have just as easily shot the first person who later open the car door.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Your right the police will get away with this. Who is going to police the police and so on. Its almost comical, almost.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
1. Did the bullet originate from inside the car? Was the window open?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake321

So, basically, you didnt read past the headline before drawing all sorts of baseless assumptions, and then you attack me when i point it out.

I'm not attacking 'cops'.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I read every post and no other source was given until you chimed in on page 6. The sources from blackmarketeer don't mention anything about these extra things. Unless it was said by the guy wearing the ski mask I couldn't finsh that video, but will go back and watch it all just to make sure I am correct in what I have said. Can you point out to me where you feel I should have gotten this extra information in this thread?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake321

i used this magical search engine known as 'google' and looked up an article about it. I did this in less time than it would have taken to ask the questions you asked. Of course, it appears you are unwilling to look at the info provided, as it disproves your preconceived ideas and assumptions.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ok so first I need Reading Comprehension, then I didn't read past the headline, now I need to use google. I made it very clear I didn't research outside of this thread. who needs reading comprehension?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That is what happens when your countries most intelligent people are there to protect and serve....

There needs to be higher standards for officers. We need the best of the best....not just whoever wants the job.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake321

I made it very clear I didn't research outside of this thread.

Not in your initial post i responded to.

You had questions abotu the issue, but didnt take the time to do a quick search on your own?

Thats lazy, at best.

Have a great day!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake321

Well the OP had a video, which is exactly where my quote came from. That, and the multitude of articles now being posted about this crime.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Dude this is all wrong. Do it again but this time do it right.

Your palms are together, cops cuff you palms apart. Your wrists are apart, cops cuff you with your wrists together.

Also you'll need to pictures. One with your hands turned down to grab the gun from your hip. Then another, hands still placed palms apart, wrists together, with your hands turned up to aim the gun.

This also assumes that the gun in question is on your hip, not tucked in your crotch or up your ass. If the gun is on your hip... chances are the cops are gonna grab it.

Nobody here should be claiming to know what happened. I sure as heck don't know, for all I know the events played out just as the cops described. However, this case surely is suspicious, and surely warrants a detailed investigation, and probably a trial.

This cop NEEDS TO BE QUESTIONED . If he is not then the public is being denied it's right to a trial by jury to address a redress of grievance. If cops get to just make up any story, no matter how inplausible, and don't have to face investigation, what hope does the public have of defending itself.

It's not good enough for him to be suspended and for an in house investigation to be carried out. This investigation needs to be carried out by a third party agency, with no ties to the organization in question.

These police departments are extremely fraternal in nature, and protect their own. PERIOD!... THEY DO. I have many friends and acquaintances who are cops, and not one of them would deny this fact .

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
okay first of all i just wanna say that i do believe there are some racist people out there, its a fact of life that some people are dumb and just dont understand how to live equal with others, but i must stress that it seems to me that whenever a Black person has done something wrong, even if there is proof a large portion of black people begin to scream that its was because he was black. this is stupid, i would like to ask, why would the cops be dumb enough to shoot someone in a police car, if anything they would shoot him outside saying that he was trying to run away, or something else, i mean come on they're not that stupid.
Lately it seems that their are certain people out there who use the race card at every turn, look about the whole Obama thing, anytime he is questioned people throw out the Racism card, and to prove my point one of the biggest racists that i have ever seen is a Director called SPIKE LEE, the bloke has said countless times that he believes white people should spend some time as slaves to understand what the Black people went through.
Spike, also there is Al Sharpton and that over guy, cant remember his name i think he is a Rev. anyway, another crack pot proclaiming this to be a racist attack, learn the facts first, or we'll have another Treyvon Martin case, (that bloke will not get a fair trial.)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow S+F OP, thats just an unbelieveable story fabricated by the cop. A "thump" really??? If I was the cop in that car I would have swirved all over the road, and possiblly gone into a ditch, thinking that im getting shot at, or because my ears would be almost bleeding from a gunshot inside of the car. Hopefully there will be a internal investigation about this incident, cops need to learn, quickly that there not gods.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
***snip***
Seriously, put your hands behind your back as if you would be handcuffed. Its impossible to move your body that way.

Seriously. I've had quite a number of young ladies (and mature ladies) in handcuffs for entertainment purposes.
I know. I'm a pervert. And I'm comfortable with it.

The ones that were relatively skinny or even normal body build had no problems getting their hands to a point where they could scratch their nose or eyes. This is true for hinged cuffs as well as "three link chain" cuffs. Provided that they were cuffed with their palms together.

"Impossible" is therefore a wrong word to use.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join