It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed Man Shot And Killed In Cop Car – Police Say It Was Suicide (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by TKDRL

No, I'm just a level headed person who doesn't instantly jump to some wild conspiracy, nor hate the police with a passion like most of you.
edit on 1-8-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

Let me tell you a little story. It's about a place called America.

They wanted to be free.

That means that they expect all people will be treated with equal rights and that legitimate justice will be upheld.

You can pretend nothing ever goes wrong in the world, but anyone alive with a brain including yourself, knows better.

I think it's time you came to the side of Liberty and Freedom.
We really need your help. And even though you don't know it, you need our help.
Because your rights are next on the chopping block.

Mark my words.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That seemed like a delusional rant actually... I have all the rights I need right now, and nobody can take them away from me. I think you are scared of some imaginary boogeyman. Take a break from ATS.

link   

reply to post by TKDRL

No, I'm just a level headed person who doesn't instantly jump to some wild conspiracy, nor hate the police with a passion like most of you.

Has nothing to do with hating police or jumping to "wild" conspiracies.

Hold your hands behind your back, wrists together, and admit truthfully whether or not you could hit your right temple with one shot.

I'm pretty handy with a pistol, but I seriously doubt my ability to pull of such a feat.

link   
reply to post by senselessness

Firstly.. the suspect was left-hand dominant. Why would he use his weak (right) hand to shoot himself in the temple with?

Secondly...when most suspects are placed into a police vehicle they are place on the passenger (right) hand side of the car. IF this was a murder, it would make sense for the shot to be place in the right/near temple.

Thirdly... unless you are triple jointed, shooting yourself in the temple when your hands are bound behind you would be nigh to impossible.

Let me also state that I actually support law enforcement. If you will see some of my other posts I make no illusion to the fact my wife as a prosecutor with the state of Florida and I have seen many.... MANY... hours of evidentiary film that extolled the virtues of most police officers and their professionalism.

Most. Not all.
What I see here, and what I believe, based on what I have read, is that a man was murdered in cold blood while in police custody by a member of the police force.

Your take?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You can pretend nothing ever goes wrong in the world, but anyone alive with a brain including yourself, knows better.

While i totally disagree with sensless's interpretation of events, he is in no way saying 'nothing ever goes wrong in the world'. Thats absurd hyperbole on your part.
edit on 1-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

In handcuffs you can still turn your chest/shoulders to the left, and stretch your left arm behind your back all the way so your hands are on your right hips. Try it. I can do it right now.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by VariableConstant

In handcuffs you can still turn your chest/shoulders to the left, and stretch your left arm behind your back all the way so your hands are on your right hips. Try it. I can do it right now.

Well, when i turn my shoulders to the left in that scenario, my head goes with it. SO now my hands are (barely) at my right hip, and my head is not in the line of shot.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah smart guy, that still don't even come close to pointing the barrel of a gun, anywhere near your temple. Plus the left pectoral gets pushed into the line of fire. You might shoot off a nipple, no way you are shooting yourself in the temple...
edit on Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:21:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, those cops are lucky he didnt use his houdini skills to shoot them , instead of himself. Kids give up too easy these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yea, if he had gun he would of shot both cops in the back of the head.
Then tried to escape, then if he couldn't escape shoot self in head.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Firstly.. the suspect was left-hand dominant. Why would he use his weak (right) hand to shoot himself in the temple with?

Maybe because he had the gun hidden closer to his right hand for some unknown reason, and it was easier for him to grab the gun with his right hand? Maybe it was hard for him to swap the gun to his left hand before shooting, so he just used is right hand?

You act like it's impossible for someone to shoot a gun with either hand... Like his left hand being dominant is enough to prove this case a lie... get real.

If someone had to shoot themselves in the head by holding a gun near their hips, the temple is really the only place I would expect that person to be able to reach. He would have to tilt his head, and it would be aimed right at the temple.

Secondly...when most suspects are placed into a police vehicle they are place on the passenger (right) hand side of the car. IF this was a murder, it would make sense for the shot to be place in the right/near temple.

Actually, depending on where they park the vehicle, suspects are placed on either side, not just the right. Nice try though.

If someone had to shoot themselves with a gun near their hips, I'm pretty sure the temple is one of the two only places you can shoot yourself.

Thirdly... unless you are triple jointed, shooting yourself in the temple when your hands are bound behind you would be nigh to impossible.

Are you kidding me? You can turn your back/chest/shoulders and place your hands onto your hips easily.

Seems like some of you have no idea what you are talking about...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Don't make me take a picture and prove you wrong... You are being ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Actually, unless you are a forensic investigator, NEITHER of us knows what we are talking about!

Please keep the rolling eyes to yourself. I am trying to logically figure out how this man could have commited suicide, and unlike you I have no evidence that he was a contortionist.

IF we see ballistics evidence comes out stating that the head was tilted at a 90 degree angle when the shot was fired, then I will admit you are right and will send you a victory cake or bon-bon.

Until then, you see the evidence one way, I see it another.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Do it, put up some pictures. Like I said, I tried it. You seem to be living up to your handle.
edit on Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:30:36 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Were his hands behind his back when they found him>

I know when I was younger, I could slip thru my arms and get the cuffs in front, the cops hate that.

If they forget to double lock them, you can open them I think that's why they crank them down so hard on your wrist, it would hurt like hell to try and get out of them.

I like the way the Feds cuff you in the front or they did,

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'll say again, I have my doubts about such a shot even being possible.

For the sake of argument, let's say the man in question is skilled in the extreme, and could hide a firearm in such a location as to elude two searches, retrieve said pistol with his hands cuffed behind his back, and hit his temple with one shot while still handcuffed.

The act of telling his girlfriend he would call her from jail doesn't seem to indicate a suicidal disposition.

Admittedly, we don't have all the information, but what we do have seems, at the least, a bit fishy. Enough to make a rational person question the official story.
edit on 1-8-2012 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

You would think the cops would be smart enough to say that he got his hands in front of him, if he did it that way. It would be a lot more credible than what the story sounds like now.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
www.ehow.com...

Safety Handcuffs are sometimes used in non-police situations, such as for bondage activities between consenting adults. Hinged handcuffs are not advisable for use in these situations as it is not safe to keep someone locked in these type of cuffs for an extended period of time. The lack of mobility is much more uncomfortable than with chained handcuffs and can lead to loss of circulation. The inability to move the hands in any direction in hinged cuffs will also result in more ligature marks if the person strains to move in the cuffs. Read more: Chain Vs. Hinged Handcuffs | eHow.com www.ehow.com...
so id have to say look at his wrists to see signs of ligature marks assuming they were hinged as opposed to chain link hand cuffs

davisvanguard.org...:subject-who-was-shot-in-face-by-police-while-handcuffed-files-federal-civil -rights-suit&Itemid=100 and this one talks of a previous case

Attorney Stewart Katz, representing John Hesselbein, filed a federal civil rights suit on Monday stemming from an action on January 30, 2011 where Mr. Hesselbein was shot "at point-blank range in the head with a high-powered round fired from an assault rifle while Hesselbein was seated handcuffed in the back of a patrol car." "The immediate justification for the shooting was Hesselbein's continued squirming after being warned that he would have 'his grape peeled' if he continued wriggling," the suit claims.

so not even the first time this has happened

blog.lonestaruniforms.com...

list of types of cuffs with pictures hope this helps

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hey now..... Hoooold up everyone. I do believe there may be a God and He may be smiling on us for a change.

Or Jonesboro PD has exceptionally bad luck for timing on one of it's Officers doing something terminally stupid. Either way, Look what I found!

Public Notice

The Jonesboro Police Department is scheduled for an on-site assessment as
part of a program to achieve reaccreditation by verifying it meets
professional standards.

Administered by the Commission of Accreditation for Law Enforcement
Agencies, Inc. (CALEA), the accreditation program requires agencies to
comply with state-of-the-art standards in four basic areas; policy and
procedures, administration, operations, and support services.

As part of the on-site assessment, agency employees and members of the
community are invited to offer comments at a public information session on
August 13th starting at 5:30pm. The session will be conducted in the District
Court Room located at 410 W. Washington Ave.
Source - Jonesboro PD

The Official notice has the details with phone numbers and an alternative to write instead. Why, there's even a helpful Email address to submit comments as a member of the public. There are guidelines or something in there too. Better see what those have to say.

The community might want to occupy a chair or two for that meeting there. It seems to me it might be a great time to voice an opinion. (grin)
edit on 1-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The guy called his girlfriend and said he'd call her from the jail. If he was suicidal, he would have let something slip, not a "talk to you later...".

The guy was also wanted on a relatively minor charge. He wasn't looking at life in prison. Just a bench warrant for missing a court date. Not something to get suicidal over.

The police patted him down, Usually they are pretty thorough in that regard. Not only do the check for weapons, but since this guy was wanted on a bench warrant for drug possession, I think the cop would have patted him down for dime bags or rocks of crack. Could the cop miss something as large as a handgun? Hmm...

When you're cuffed, you're cuffed at the wrist. You're not just holding your hands together. Most people when cuffed with hands behind your back can barely move at all, and when you're seated in the tight confines of the back seat of a police car, you're movement is really restricted. Maybe a contortionist could pull it off. But this guy looked like the type who would be shoe-horned in there.

This reeks of a straight up execution. The cop lost it, shot the guy in the head, and is now playing innocent. Let's see if the PD investigates this or just sweeps it under the rug.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join