It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flag operation underway on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes there is a False Flag operation aimed at the words False and Flag. The objective of this mission is to ridicule the words False and Flag in order to soon be completely ignored when used to describe a thread that could really be documenting a false flag operation.

Now on a more serious note. These words are being way overused and i think that most people do it because they are not informed. Hell in the past hour i must have read two dozen threads using the word false flag out of context, false flag aliens, false flag dragons, false flag chick-fil-a, etc... I do not think these members are stupid, they just need to be explained.

So here is the definition of a False Flag operation for those that are not sure what a False Flag is :

False flag (aka Black Flag) operations are covert operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is: flying the flag of a country other than one’s own. False flag operations are not limited to war and counter-insurgency operations and can be used during peace-time.

source : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Man, that's a false flag post.
And a false flag point.
Man...the whole thing is a false flag.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

How can i be sure your reply is not a false flag though?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis
reply to post by coyotepoet

How can i be sure your reply is not a false flag though?

Rich...

I love it...
Hey man, if we can't be real, well, you know...
edit on 7/31/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added smartass comment

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

You can't. That's whats so false flag about it. Sneaky, huh?

link   
i think magic just happened

link   

Sadly, this has been an ongoing issue, but it has really become more out of control in recent months. I have noticed it before, and commented on it, to no avail.

Sadly, the people that need to read this probably won't, and the ones that do won't really get it.

Too bad. I used to try too. Maybe you will get through. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. We need to settle down a little, and get back to denying ignorance...

Goodnight all.
edit on 7/31/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Just like other words or terms, "False Flag" seems to be having its heyday, I agree with that.

I'm sure it will fade out soon and another word will come en vogue, just like always. No worries on this home front!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There I flagged it, now you have two false flags.

Before you had just one.

That was my second line.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
False Flag is a buzz word. It grabs the attention and people click on the thread. It's a way to get people reading something they would have passed up if the wording was different and maybe get stars and flags the thread doesn't really deserve.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
False Flag is a buzz word. It grabs the attention and people click on the thread. It's a way to get people reading something they would have passed up if the wording was different and maybe get stars and flags the thread doesn't really deserve.

Thing is stars/flags should be awarded for the content not the title. I agree with you it is quite a buzz word.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Ungenuine banner?

Lol sorry just wanted to through my own out there for. Consideration.

SnF just for trying, there really are a lot of threads containing the " phrase that shall not be phrased?"
edit on 31-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well lets create a new buzz word.....

I vote for "Bogus Ensign" or "Wrong Emblem Attack"

Yes, the thesaurus is my friend.....

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
False flag is not a 'buzz word' its in the dictionary. Its not going to go away.

I think you are seeing a conspiracy where there is none. Its simply the younger members thinking every event is going to be a false flag and making posts about their ideas. It is summer its bound to happen.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lots of words out there are being so overused these days, that they have become practically powerless. Hero, terrorist, false flag to name a few off the top of my head.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Everyone alert alert, Im at condition brown....I had a false flag in my pants..will security please meet me at the elevator weapons hot......and bring an extra pair of pants......

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I await the day we have a True Flag.

"I rekon that is a true flag. Anyone with me!!"

yeah.. that'd be good times..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
There I flagged it, now you have two false flags.

A real false flag is when you give one and then take it away.

edit on 31/7/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Were "false" the new "black", ATS would be roach-free.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join