It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The British flag is at 1:05
The video shows the defected Colonel Abdul Jabbar with some Arab looking fighters among them and from what it seems a British navy seal trooper armed with ammo on his front.

British made ammo.

Now in the video it doesn't look as if the city is under siege yet, interesting to note the same UK Navy team member is on 0:21 as well.
0:45 he looks like a Qatari special forces member

So what you make of that eh?

edit on 30-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dude...the flag is on a T-SHIRT.

Not saying british or quatari or american spec ops are not in Syria...just pls, it is a T-SHIRT !

I have 2 T-SHIRTS, one with german flag and one with US flag...and I am romanian.

Geez...

CX

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not that we have Navy Seals, but what makes you think he is anyway?

I bet there are mercs there at the moment...could be anyone.

CX.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter did i miss were it said he was sbs or british seal.. i seen a guy with a union jack flag on his t-shirt nothing more

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Unfortunately there are no such shirts that you can buy like that in the general public shopping centers believe me i looked for it.
Its not a shirt.

How can there be a shirt with British looking ammo be an Ordinary shirt?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Last i checked the UK has no navy seals in the first place, that guy looks more like a mercenary to me.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lmao, how do you know it's British ammo ? Seals? Pleeeeease ! Bit of common sense and research needed by the OP me thinks !

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not a SEAL.

That dude has merc written all over. The Brits have some great merc outfits....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Man I wish I could join the British Navy Seals, in the parallel dimension that exists where Britain actually might have them.

Seriously though im not sure what "proof" this is, I can buy a shirt like that in the high street, order one of the internet, maybe just ask to borrow someones, makes me a British Navy Seal does it?
edit on 30-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
british navy seals? are they like the american SAS?

sorry op, but you fell at the first hurdle here.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ryan25

i seen a guy with a union jack flag on his t-shirt nothing more

With British made T shirt which are used by the military not the general public. Those shirts arent meant for the general public.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So what you make of that eh?

I'd say not only is your OP a major fail, but it would appear you need to grab some one-liners from youtube...

Despite those being asinine as well...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

With British made T shirt which are used by the military not the general public. Those shirts arent meant for the general public.

What does that even mean?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Okay, interesting to note that a Union Jack is flying its colours on the guy's shirt sleeve. Honestly, it really means nothing without context and how do you know the ammo is UK made?

Also, and I know I am being picky here, but the UK doesn't have a 'seal' unit. You might be thinking about the Special Boat Service. Are there special forces out there? Probably, but there needs to be a lot more before we can go imagining they have been caught on camera and the proofs a Union Jack.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
what on earth makes you think thats british ammo. looks more eastern bloc to me. Don't see any british Spec Ops anywhere in the video.

Heres a clue. Spec Ops. Don't wear anything that will identify them or what country they are from. Most will not have any sort of tattoos that talk about or hint to their country or origin. They usually try to carry sanitized non descrept weapons and ammo, won't speak their native language and their gear is usually a mishmash of stuff from several different countries. That way if they are seen or caught or killed it's hard to figure out what country they were acting on the behalf of.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Wrong uniform and wrong weapon they are not British SAS. For one thats not British camouflage and that is not a C8 carbine or an HK 33. My guess is there former officers with the syrian army so i guess this really isnt busted after all huh?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Seriously though im not sure what "proof" this is, I can buy a shirt like that in the high street, order one of the internet, maybe just ask to borrow someones, makes be a British Navy Seal does it?

I used live near by some military stores and you know what i couldn't find such T shirts in the public speaking of buying them in high places.
Here are some links that you would see that T shirt doesnt exist onto the British military online stores.
Army surplus UK
Thats one source.
Here are some more.
silvermans

Where is the Shirt?

So again from the video the union jack doesn't seem like a placed one nor a fake one.
But very official.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A t shirt with a flag on the sleeve?

Those are unheard of!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Wrong uniform and wrong weapon they are not British SAS. For one thats not British camouflage and that is not a C8 carbine or an HK 33. My guess is there former officers with the Syrian army so i guess this really isnt busted after all huh?

If the guy on 1:05 is an ex member of the syrian army why is he wearing a union jack on his shoulder? if i was a member of the FSA generally i would place the FSA flag and not the British isn't that right?

Why has everyone turned so defensively? but i would still stand by the claim that his a British Navy Seal Team member.

Mercenaries don't wear there country's flags.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Dude, this is eerily like one of those old Boondock Saint threads!

People are right. All you have is a guy with a Union Jack stitched to a t-shirt. As for UK ammo, although there is good chance Blighty sold Syria plenty of weapons, until you get me video resolution detailed enough that say's 'made in the UK', then there aint much here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join