It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I should think an SBS member would know better that to wear reflective brass items and forget to don a sterile uniform.England has no SEAL unit.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

I guess users in here have forgotten the fact that British Special Forces were also in Libya to or are are
some members on here going to deny that fact?

If i was a Sryian i why i would place a British flag on my military clothing?
well that could be like some member on stated he could be an British Sryian working the with the British Special Forces.

It was widely common known that the British Special Forces were in Libya helping out the rebels and with this video and the news link which i had provided on page 2.

Is no different then on what was happening in Libya with the British Special Forces on the ground in Libya.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Not a SEAL.

That dude has merc written all over. The Brits have some great merc outfits....

He could have been a British trained, Jordanian merc. More likely, he just owned a shirt with a Union Jack on the sleeve..
edit on 7/30/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dont worry about it mate, I didnt honestly believe sowing a Union Jack onto my tshirt made me an undercover British Navy Seal in Syria either.

What you really want to look into for british involvement is what weapons saudi arabia have been receiving as of late, which european countries have saw sudden increases in arms trade exports. Know of any "Air Shows" recently?, who showed up?, which corporations?, who do they bank with?

All these things can be found through PROPER RESEARCH.

Im sorry to say your OP was, I dont know what that was, pretty much the object of ridicule, but it doesnt have to be man, you can actualy expose countries such as Britain, or hey, maybe you dont want to actually go to any real effort, maybe you like taking a Fox News approach, bit of a gamble, lots of stars and flags though???. Whatever way you go about it mate, I can only say you sincerely not only do yourself a serious diservice with a thread like this, but pretty much everyone subscribing to this board.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OP, with all due respect, but I think you just earned yourself a face-palm moment. Like many have already pointed out, the UK do not have special forces called SEALs. That is a US title. They do have special forces called the Special Air Service (SAS), Special Boat Service (SBS), and the Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR). Now about the guy in the t-shirt and ball cap? Could be a mercenary as some have pointed out, or he could very well be a member of the insurgency? Some Arabs can pass for Western Europeans. All I saw was a Union Jack insignia on a t-shirt. Immediately, you jumped to conclusions theorizing that it is UK special forces.

If they are there? You and all of us are not going to know about it. They would not go in there with a country's insignia on their uniforms, because that would defeat the purpose of covert or black ops. Furthermore, they would most likely grow out their beards and wear traditional Arab attire to blend in. As far as I see it, it is just a guy wearing a t-shirt and ball cap with a weapon. Just your average run-of-the-mill insurgent. Lets not jump to conclusions because of a video with little to no context. I am not doubting that there are international elements in Syria, but we are not going to know anything about it. They are not called the silent professionals for nothing.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
First of all, the guy looks like he could be Syrian. Their skin colour varies quite wildly and many look Caucasian.

As for the T-shirt, you obviously didn't look very hard as a simple image search for "t shirt union flag sleeve" leads me to hundreds of sites where I can purchase many thousands of articles of clothing, all with the Union flag.

Which brings me onto my final technical point that no where in that image can you see the Union Jack.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Like many have already pointed out, the UK do not have special forces called SEALs. That is a US title. They do have special forces called the Special Air Service (SAS), Special Boat Service (SBS), and the Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR)

Firstly i already edited that part out and i already in a post pointed that fact that the British do have the SAS why don't you go back a few pages back?

If they are there? You and all of us are not going to know about it. They would not go in there with country insignias on their uniforms, because that would defeat

After the libyan conflict they were welcomed back by Cameron. And there are a few clips of of the British Special Forces in Libya.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No worries! I must have missed when you made corrections. I only wanted to point out the particulars. You are not far off when theorizing about foreign elements operating in Syria, but as for making a particular distinction? There is not enough evidence. I will admit that the video was interesting, but it is taking a big leap identifying the guy in the Union Jack t-shirt and ball cap as being part of the UK special forces. He is probably just your average Syrian rebel? Thanks for pointing out your correction!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

yep, you can read him he shouldnt be there.
that flag is in a very specific place, a certain size and it blends in..

true,shirts have logos on them and flags, but that would be an unusual place to put a patch if you were selling it for commercial value.

busted!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

you obviously didn't look very hard as a simple image search for "t shirt union flag sleeve" leads me to hundreds of sites where I can purchase many thousands of articles of clothing, all with the Union flag.

Yes i did on Google and honestly those T Shirts on google are nothing more then Ordinary T shirts with the Union jack on the front.

Which brings me onto my final technical point that no where in that image can you see the Union Jack.
Really? then whats this.

This is what this thread is about.

This is an patch of an union jack on a military clothing on what it seems to be an Sryian British whatever or not his SAS or a Mec.

To get the image of the British Union jack in front of the cameraman was a not a good idea if you wanted to hide the claims that there are no western mercenaries or agents on the ground in Sryia.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

you obviously didn't look very hard as a simple image search for "t shirt union flag sleeve" leads me to hundreds of sites where I can purchase many thousands of articles of clothing, all with the Union flag.

Yes i did on Google and honestly those T Shirts on google are nothing more then Ordinary T shirts with the Union jack.

I have found a T-shirt by Triumph that looks quite similar, actually. Here is another top (albeit a hoody) that has the Union flag on it's sleeve. Most definately not a military uniform.

Really? then whats this.

This is what this thread is about.

This is an patch of an union jack on a military clothing on what it seems to be an Sryian British whatever or not his SAS or a Mec.

To get the image of the British Union jack in front of the cameraman was a not a good idea if you wanted to hide the claims that there are no western mercenaries or agents on the ground in Sryia.

It isn't the Union Jack mate. Try as I might, I cannot for the life of me see a ship anywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Here you go i compared the two they didn't look anything like the in the link that you provided are you aware that that Zipper clothing is meant for Winter wear?

And also the union jacks in the comparing image that i provided don't look very similar.

Hench notice on the Hat person, the Union jack patch has a white narrow line across the jack, while the one that you provided doesn't have the white striped line at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I have a Belgian Military style jacket with Belgian flag on the side, doesn't make me Belgian.

As it has been pointed out, if there was any British special forces over there they wouldn't be showing of the Union flag so blatantly.

And Stumason is correct, there is no Union Jack anywhere in that video whatsoever........
edit on 30/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

And Stumason is correct, there is no Union Jack anywhere in that video whatsoever........
Are you people in Self denial? the union jack flag starts at 1:05 how many times do i have show you this from the video?

Thats a Union Jack and your saying that there is no Union Jack anywhere in that video whatsoever? thats what i call denial.

As it has been pointed out, if there was any British special forces over there they wouldn't be showing of the Union flag so blatantly.

Again as in Libya it was widely known that the British Special Forces were in Libya and were caught on flim.
Britain's Secret War in Libya: British Special Forces uncovered on the ground

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm really not seeing it, I'm telling you, there is no Union Jack in that video, it's not denial, it is simple fact. There is NO Union Jack in the video or the images you have provided.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

For You, Fox........

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I'm really not seeing it, I'm telling you, there is no Union Jack in that video, it's not denial, it is simple fact. There is NO Union Jack in the video or the images you have provided.

I already provided the images and at what time does it how the union jack. But from what i have seen here today it seems you people dont care at all other then to mock me as we are now on page 3.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nobody is mocking you, or at least me and Stumason aren't, just pointing out a genuine, but silly mistake a lot of people make......there is NO Union Jack in that video, period, fact.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I already provided the images and at what time does it how the union jack. But from what i have seen here today it seems you people dont care at all other then to mock me as we are now on page 3.

Actually you provided NO PROOF, to your thread title, just assumption.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted],

A picture, is not Proof.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The video is on the first page

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join