It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There are plenty of t-shirts w/ the British flag printed or embroidered on the sleeve:

1st rule of performing covert operations in a foreign country: remove all identification!.. Yes, that especially means logos.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Dude, you really have some comprehension issues don't you. I was just providing an example of civilian wear with the Union Flag on the sleeve. I even said it was a hoody, not a t-shirt, but that's a moot point. You claimed you could find no such clothing, when a simple Google search gives plenty of clothing smeared in the Union flag.

It matters not how many times you post the video, there is no Union Jack. I am deliberately not given you the answer so as to make you educate yourself a bit.

(well, actually, I did give you the answer to this riddle. Let's see if you can figure it out.....)
edit on 30/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I watched the Video. Again, you provide NO PROOF. Do you have a Name, Documents, etc............

Heres Proof, videos can be tainted, and manipulated.............and made up.

Im sure you will agree.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its pretty clear i am been insulted.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Holy #, a dude has a British flag patch - MUST BE SPECIAL FORCES.

Not trying to bust your balls, but at least have a little bit more supportive evidence than that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Toyed with, perhaps. But you bring it upon yourself, Agent.

If you ask nicely, I'll help you out

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Dude, you really have some comprehension issues don't you. I was just providing an example of civilian wear with the Union Flag on the sleeve. I even said it was a hoody, not a t-shirt, but that's a moot point. You claimed you could find no such clothing, when a simple Google search gives plenty of clothing smeared in the Union flag.

It matters not how many times you post the video, there is no Union Jack. I am deliberately not given you the answer so as to make you educate yourself a bit.

(well, actually, I did give you the answer to this riddle. Let's see if you can figure it out.....)
edit on 30/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Dude, you really have some comprehension issues don't you. I was just providing an example of civilian wear with the Union Flag on the sleeve. I even said it was a hoody, not a t-shirt

First in the post you stated the following "have found a T-shirt by Triumph that looks quite similar, actually."
But then later you edited out and linked the following hoody which didn't look anything similar to the image and to the union jack in the video.

It matters not how many times you post the video, there is no Union Jack

I already posted the images from the video again and again showing you the Union Jack.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You do know that's against ATS rules right?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
First in the post you stated the following "have found a T-shirt by Triumph that looks quite similar, actually."
But then later you edited out and linked the following hoody which didn't look anything similar to the image and to the union jack in the video.

Now your just lying. I never edited that post one bit... Go check.

I gave that hoody as an example. Do you want me me to post the literally tens of thousands of garments which bear the flag? In actual fact, it has the flag in the same location on the left hand sleeve and it is the same size. Again, this was posted AS AN EXAMPLE of clothing which is available commercially that bears the Union flag on the sleeve.

I already posted the images from the video again and again showing you the Union Jack.

Again, I don't see a ship, Agent.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No it isn't....

I am "denying ignorance", of which you have quite a bit. I have given you the answer, twice now. It is you choosing to blindly carry on in your own little world.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'll help

Union Jack

Union Flag

Jackstaff is your keyword

edit on 30/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you're going to quote the rule book, Agent, then I suggest you should know that is definitely against the T&C's to post knowingly false or misleading information....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Its pretty clear i am been insulted.

This might help and I post with all sincerity Agent.

Hope you take it as such.

ob·jec·tiv·i·ty [ob-jik-tiv-i-tee, -jek-]
noun
1. The state or quality of being objective: He tries to maintain objectivity in his judgment.
2. Intentness on objects external to the mind.
3. External reality.

Objectivity

The terms “objectivity” and “subjectivity,” in their modern usage, generally relate to a perceiving subject (normally a person) and a perceived or unperceived object. The object is something that presumably exists independent of the subject’s perception of it. In other words, the object would “be there,” as it is, even if no subject perceived it. Hence, objectivity is typically associated with ideas such as reality, truth and reliability.

The perceiving subject can either perceive accurately or seem to perceive features...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Stop me if any of this sounds familiar...

But it is very rare, like hardly ever, that a thread's topic is about a member. Keep to the topic and not each other.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by ryan25

i seen a guy with a union jack flag on his t-shirt nothing more

With British made T shirt which are used by the military not the general public. Those shirts arent meant for the general public.

You are talking absolute rubbish.

That is a t-shirt, with a Union Jack on it, I can buy one from any one of a number of stores in any high street, I could have a thousand of them made for me over the internet and have them with me in a week.

I have no doubt that we have "forces" in Syria. We have "forces" in every relevant nation on the planet, as does Russia, and Syria, and Iran, and the USA...

I would be worried if we DIDN'T have anyone on the ground there liaising with the Free Syrian Army as they try to defeat Assad. Our government needs to know what's going on, and neither the Russians nor the USA are going to paint an accurate picture of the facts and harm their own foreign interests.

No matter how people try to spin this, Assad is attacking his own people. His planes are attacking civilian areas, his tanks are shelling towns and cities, his armed goons are murdering people in their homes, his choppers are opening fire on protesters, his army is responsible for the deaths of thousands of their fellow citizens.

No "influence" from outside is doing that.

Tell me how anyone else is responsible for Assad's military being filmed repeatedly opening fire on unarmed and innocent civilian populations, please, I would really like to know. Are they really remote controlled jet fighters and Assad is incapable of shooting them down? Are the tanks British and were magicked out of thin air or teleported over? Are the bombs being dropped on cities and towns all imaginary?

I have zero respect for anyone who dismisses the suffering of those people and the responsibility of Assad and his military simply because they have an anti-west mentality. I don't like our corrupt governments either, but I will not encourage ignorance simply to hate on the USA and UK governments. I can be critical of all three governments at the same time.

People who pick a government to support simply because they distrust another government are weak and narrow minded individuals, incapable of critical thinking.
edit on 30-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think the flag is a very deliberate placement..
What sort of dumba$$ Rebel would run around with a 'fake' British flag patch in the place that the British service men have their patch, in the middle of a bloody arab civil war.
Yes, its not an exact label outfit or what not, but for a 'rebel' costume it does a good job and hiding the flag from long-distance site, to identifying himself in close quarters.. to me it looked like that scarf/ammunition was meant to cover it, and when he realised a camera was present, that he couldnt later contain, he looked to cover the insignia, however changed his mind believing it would look 10x more suspicious covering up such a 'fashion' symbol, if it had no meaning.

this whole setup, look at the gangs and they way they approach, these two suspiciously looking fellas walking in close quarters to each other notice the camera early, and looked somewhat cautious from the outset of the handshake.
The way he enters brisk walks stops suddenly, he looks nervous like he doesn’t know how to handle the situation. Looks like the arab side brought the cameras.. maybe they didn’t expect it?
...also, do you believe that there are infact no British forces in Syria what soever? everyones pretty sure theres elements running through it, to what level no one knows..

In regards to them being thin and lanky, well, imagine if a 6ft muscle bound beret marched in, square jawed and clean shaven in rebel kit... he'd stand out like dogs balls...
you want to send in your skinny, young, type, unshaven lanky... he has to blend in...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Nobody is disputing the possibility of British SF being in Syria, in fact it is a certainty and I am sure that even the MSM had covered this some time ago. British SF are also in Somalia as advisor's to the pro-Government forces and AU peacekeepers. It isn't unsual.

What people are disputing is Agent's whole premise, which you seem to have bought hook, line and sinker. You seem to have got an awfully large amount of information from a video clip only a few seconds long.

Occam's razor is always useful here. The simplest answer is most often the correct one, in so far that is probably just your average Syrian with a perfectly normal and common t-shirt. Syrians, before the fighting at least, were not poor so it isn't out of the realm of possibility this might just be a t-shirt he owned.

Another possibility is that the British have provided clothing/uniforms for the FSA. We are apparently (along with the USA and other Arab states) providing non-lethal support and supplies.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I actually hadnt read Agents post, ill have a look.

I dunno to me first impressions it looked like this 'quick' meeting was ambushed by a couple of carloads full of rebels and one well placed camera. It could even be hidden, I mean the way a few of them look directly into it, they dont give it the response a camera normally deserves. It could be something that stands out physically, but unawares to it being a camera.
Look at where it is, its 2/3 guys back from the front, its wedged in by car.. whatever is recording is defended and no one can jump over and snatch it out of the hands.
its a public place, lots of people, however the meet is setup next to what looks like is a raised road or track.. its covered.. in the shadows… it looks like you need to cross a busy road to get close so your easily confronted by security.
look at his watch.. hes the only one wearing a watch, a nice/large faced watch.
…nah sorry dude, me thinks there’s more to this random youtube vid.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Not that we have Navy Seals, but what makes you think he is anyway?

I bet there are mercs there at the moment...could be anyone.

CX.

not only that but he's a Navy SEAL TROOPER...

And AgentUSA, what in the YouTube are you watching? Good lord man, can you read Arabic? As far as this being a Navy SEAL Trooper, I'm going with no. Special forces don't wear uniforms or patches or flags, and that's because they are under cover. They also don't shave or cut their hair. They basically do everything they can do to not look like they're in the military or law enforcement. And if they were in Syria they wouldn't be so sloppy that they'd wear a t shirt with their flag on it while also wearing a belt of bullets while giving the camera man a quick smile. There's always that chance of it could be some sort of special forces but I doubt this is the case.

Is the west involved with all the Middle Eastern conflicts? Oh yeah, namely the CIA, Mossad, & friends, but they have their own terrorist connections and lackeys to do the work, so they don't need US or UK forces to join in. They save them for the pre-invasion/invasion.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Swills because: ae

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

This is almost the same reply you gave on Libya

No matter how people try to spin this, Assad is attacking his own people. His planes are attacking civilian areas, his tanks are shelling towns and cities,

his armed goons are murdering people in their homes, his choppers are opening fire on protesters, his army is responsible for the deaths of thousands of their fellow citizens. No "influence" from outside is doing that.

Firstly Assad isn't bombing his own people with his planes as the reports By BBC CNN are claiming. Assad wasn't using migs.

Your probably thinking of this fighter.

That jet fighter is not a mig and not even armed.

No "influence" from outside is doing that
The fact is there is influence the from outside is doing the killings not Assad but of course The FSA terrorists Saudi Arabian are going to and try there own killings and blame upon Assad.

From last week ago.
"This is my urgent message to all Mujahideen from all brigades to join their brothers the Mujahideen of Damascus who are defending the revolution. Those willing to join have to go ... through safe routes to Damascus. It is the moment of truth. It is the Damascus fight for salvation. It is either life, dignity and freedom or martyrdom and paradise."

Commander of Al-Emary Brigades, Captian Quais Quatana's statement for all Syrian Mujahideen

For all Syrian Mujahideen i guess that means the FSA are just really the Mujahideen well that explains a lot doesn't it?

his armed goons are murdering people in their homes, his choppers are opening fire on protesters, his army is responsible for the deaths of thousands of their fellow citizen

The Massacres has always had been happening in a pro rebel held village and city but not in a Pro Assad stronghold howcome?

If Assad is a baby killer and ruthless as you claim and as the western mainstream news outlets have been claiming why hasn't he attacked his pro Assad villages?

I am not surprised that a small number of you on here believe the one side propaganda narrative on Sryia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join