It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spook and you

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
After reading another thread about ATS being connected with NSA, one not much different than the last one, I have to wonder how many I have spoke to. How would you spot a potential spook? I have met many members that make conversation, and sometimes ask personal information. Does that make them a spook? Could it be the ones ignoring logic in favor of propaganda? Perhaps it's the ones that never say much? The ones that never say much are many here on ATS. What about all of the ex-service on ATS? Would it make sense to admitt government service, or make up an elaborate lie? Are we all just being paranoid conspiracy kids?

Have you ever spotted a spook? What is the criteria for spotting one?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There are no spooks on ATS.....

But then, thats something a spook would say to throw you off the scent...

But then, to admit that, means I Cant be a spook...

Unless its a double bluff!!¡¡

Oh im so confused now

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

Yeah. They have to have spooky blue avatars with script overlaying the text so you can't possibly read it. That's a start. And even though they have a PhD in Spook Studies they write like they have an 8th grade education so no one will become suspicious. Then, to top it all off, they act all innocent-like and ask if we've ever spotted a spook! And if we answer them truthfully they print it all out and carefully tabulate the poster's name witgh everything else the NSA has gathered.

Pretty spooky stuff!
edit on 7/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Honestly, I doubt there are many spooks on ATS, spreading disinformation and taking names. Why? Because, as much as I love this site, ATS isn't anything special. We may talk about conspiracies and politics, but we never attempt to do anything about our convictions...per T&C policy of no recruiting.

Maybe there are some members who've caught the government's eye, I don't know. But I'm pretty sure the average ATS member neednt worry.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I forgot one potential spook catagory. Grammar Nazi's.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I for one would love to get paid for expressing my opinion. Alas, no such thing is happening, at least with me.

I do, however, understand where you're coming from, and it's only logical to assume, what with this board acting as a honey-pot attractor for all sorts of fringe-oriented topics and people that there might be a couple of few spooky sorts lurking about.
I suspect, however, for the most part, any spooky involvement would lend more toward passive monitoring for keywords and subject matter, as well as letting anyone that triggers flags hang their own self with their own rope.

Asking for, or attempting to weedle personal info out of a subject for spooky sorts would be unnecessary, as all that info can get got behind the scenes via the super spook spooky technology toys the spooky sorts have access to and authority to use.

On another angle, I suspect some of the more out-there, crazy sounding members that typically fall on one side of a topic or another may be plants to create crazy in the very camp they seem to side with, but doing more damage to discredit and derail any civilized rational discussion by adding as much far-out crazy strangeness on top of an already strange subject to give all the less chance of it ever being taken seriously by a wealth of association with straight up loony bin "friends".

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Many posters have made accusations to me in private about spooks in threads about the more violent current event stories. The Aurora shooting is a good example. Many brand new posters were abound, questioning established members. Probably looking for potential copycats to be honest.

I'm not sure is circumstance and coincidence can be taken as proof though. I have seen advertisments for jobs of a political "spook". The descritption basically said, "must push right wing ideals all day everyday". Not sure about the authenticty either.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

After reading another thread about ATS being connected with NSA, one not much different than the last one, I have to wonder how many I have spoke to. How would you spot a potential spook? I have met many members that make conversation, and sometimes ask personal information. Does that make them a spook? Could it be the ones ignoring logic in favor of propaganda? Perhaps it's the ones that never say much? The ones that never say much are many here on ATS. What about all of the ex-service on ATS? Would it make sense to admitt government service, or make up an elaborate lie? Are we all just being paranoid conspiracy kids?

ATS is not connected to the NSA. That is absolutely silly wishful thinking (and false rumors) to make ATS appear more mysterious and scary.....and usually brought about by paranoia or boredom....

With that said, there is no way you would know who works for an intel agency by their postings.

And please lets not start "hit lists" by naming members we think are "spooks".
edit on July 30th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think a spook would ask about spooks so we would never suspect him/her.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Certainly not. I was just curious if anyone feels like they can detect a spook, and if so how? Keep names out of this folks.

This can also be about other sites. I know a few people using facebook that are obviously talking to people employed by the CIA. Whether or not their spook status is job related or just due to their station in life, remains a mystery.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've been advised to look for old accounts that suddenly pop up on controversial threads, when they haven't posted in a long while.

Mehh.

I've no opinion on the matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

ATS is special, it owns all the Google hits

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Agreed.

It's always disheartening to see a great discussion dissolve into accusations of government disinfo agents. Usually a clear sign the name caller has lost the argument and is resorting to juvenile tactics.

So maybe, being called a disinfo agent is a sign of great intellectual prowess?

Shoot. I've only been called that once.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

ATS is special, it owns all the Google hits

Sinny, I love you and your humor. Your posts really make my day.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Yeah. They have to have spooky blue avatars with script overlaying the text so you can't possibly read it. That's a start. And even though they have a PhD in Spook Studies they write like they have an 8th grade education so no one will become suspicious. Then, to top it all off, they act all innocent-like and ask if we've ever spotted a spook! And if we answer them truthfully they print it all out and carefully tabulate the poster's name witgh everything else the NSA has gathered.

Hey - you forgot the mood "Investahater" that goes along with the spook avatar and conviently covers up this brand new member's start date and stats.

But, yes, we have spooks and kooks and everything in between and everything outside those two perimeters as well.

The most startling post in reference to potential copycats just happened to get nixed by a nameless mod.

edit on 30/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Same to you Smyleegrl, nice to hear some appreciation, my humour often gets me in trouble aha.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Actually the text covers her excessive cleavage. It's allowed under the rules. Expressive avatars often do this. If you can't see when I joined, try highlighting it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I've been accused of being a spook simply because I have several members of my family in active duty serving in three branches of our Armed Forces and know that most UFO's are just military craft. But if I were a spook, why would I constantly be getting in trouble whenever I refer to cops as piggies ?

I mean, if it looks , acts and sounds like a .....well.......let me stop.

edit on 30-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

While i have never once been accused of great intellectual powers... you definitely have me beat on that... I have been accused of being from the dark side, and not US government either I do not suppose that accusation was about!

LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Trexter Ziam

If you can't see when I joined, try highlighting it.

We already did that ... that's how we knew you were a brand new member. Welcome to ATS and please don't feed the trolls ... Spook feeding is allowed though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join