It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spook and you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Why didnt you tell me there was free food involved? Quick! Where do I sign up!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I fear that if I were a spook, I would have fooled you. This is my second moniker. I've been here a little while, which is why I commented on the ATS/NSA thread being old hat.

We've been skunked! Oh noes. Anyone think they can spot a spook or what? I sure can't. Teach me the art guys!
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Tonight's special is Veggan Spook Cookies. Sign up is closed though, sorry. They'll be hiring again after the next budget is passed.

reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Nope, we spotted the old member references as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Like the hackers, I'm sure the NSA can get all they want from Google. No need to join and expose themselves.

If they were members, as well trained as they are in interrogation, most of us would never figure them out. All the new members are brought here when something wild comes up on MSM, such as the Aurora Shootings. They can't help but see all the links to comments and threads made by our members on Google (and other search engines).

Oh, by the way... Booo!!!

As always, if you don't want something known by the world... don't post it on the internet period. EVEN IF IT'S JUST YOUR OPINION!!! This stuff never goes away...
edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Spooks are not confined to ONLY american alphabet agencies.

They can come from all over the world - friends and foes. ATS is open to all.

But it doesn't truly matter. Spooks or not, each is judged upon their words in posts, not stars or flags or years here or ranking, and each educated member to do their own research with cross referencing, to determine and make up their own opinions and not be misled anymore.

And anyone who can log on to the internet is most certainly educated enough. Just a lil bit of guidance now and then, to always be discerning, will help the gullible to wisen up and not taken for a ride.

Cheers!

edit on 30-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I find that members on ATS generally speak in a thoughtful, open tone as if they were giving a presentation and this makes it easy to read and learn from. This manner of speech is not condescending or harsh but thought provoking and ''light.''

In contrast to this, you have people who either promote ideals, or yammer off certain points without any real continuity of thought or direction. I figure the person is either close minded, unaware or a shill, and I skip to the next post because it just doesn't fit. BS detector anyone?

Now, for my favorite; there are times when a member will post a lucid perspective that is contrary to the thread's going trend, and the explanation will be very grounded in reasoning and/or fact/common sense ,often times I find myself deeply considering what I had previously believed/attended to.

Despite the complaints about ATS, I still say what I've said to the condemners for a while; it's a message board and you have to know how to surf it. If you don't know the difference between quality information and trolling you may as well click the next ''YOU JUST WON AN I-POD'' banner and sign your life away.

I think a lot of people have set opinions of things and they find it hard to gain perspective on anything anyways. Its as if they want to hear their own beliefs regurgitated back to them, and if they don't hear what they want they dismiss the quality of the site (couple of my friends anyways)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Something else I thought I would add in reference to how ATS is on top of things...

The moderators do a good job of deleting threads or posts where illegal activity (such as drug use) is brought up. This is for the protection of it's members. Remember also that talking about committing a crime is a crime as well. It's called CONSPIRACY to commit so and so. Kinda' fitting, huh.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by schuyler

I forgot one potential spook catagory. Grammar Nazi's.

Actually, it's the opposite. On ATS it's a badge of honor to write poorly. If you want to "fit in," as all spooks do, you don't want to buck the trend.

By the way, it's "Nazis" -- It's plural, not possessive.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I forgot one potential spook catagory. Grammar Nazi's.

Actually, it's the opposite. On ATS it's a badge of honor to write poorly. If you want to "fit in," as all spooks do, you don't want to buck the trend.

By the way, it's "Nazis" -- It's plural, not possessive.

Thanks Schuyler, I just spat water all over my desk after reading that.... frakking Nazis.... haha.

Well played sir. Well played.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I thought it was bad to write poorly on ATS? Huh, who'd a thunk it.

Any ideas for how to spot a spook, or just having a little fun with my writing?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I thought it was bad to write poorly on ATS? Huh, who'd a thunk it.

Any ideas for how to spot a spook, or just having a little fun with my writing?

Since you say you have been here awhile you must know that this subject comes up on a regular basis. There are people here who insist they can "tell" because they've worked out how spooks write and what techniques are used to be, for example, a disinformation agent. I realize that "spook" and "disinformation agent" aren't always the same, but the same rule applies in terms of how people think spooks and their bretheren must act.

It is my belief that people who believe they are in some sort of unique position to be able to tell are delusional or naive or both, just as I consider your original post, frankly. On the other hand, as this is a conspiracy site, it goes with the territory. On ATS EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. So we have to live with it. But it still begs the question. What would the intent of spooks be? It's either to gather information or disrupt the conversation (disinfo).

If the intent is to gather information, then the best method may be to simply sit quietly and take names. It's not even necessary to register. Just lurk. Perhaps a more proactive approach might have one say something like, "Can you elaborate on that?" to tease out more information, but probably a better way to accomplish that is via an automated system to scrape ATS for keywords and phrases, mark those on "the list" for further review, and sift out what is probably 99% BS before it sees the eyes of a human.

The "human" in this case is probably a young enlisted person, an E-4 through E-6 whose job it is to listen and filter. They are in the military, but work "for" the NSA at NSA facilities such as at Fort Gordon in South Carolina (near Augusta, Georgia) These folks are not high paid spooks with a lot of discretion. They work within strict guidelines and rules as to what they are to do when confronted with a given situation. So, bottom line is that if ATS is monitored, it's done with an automated system for at least one and perhaps more iterations before it reaches a low level operative who dumps most of it as uninteresting. How do I know this? Let's just say I knew someone who used to be in the biz.

Disinfo is another kettle of fish, of course, designed to overtly disrupt a conversation. The problem with "outing" so-called disinfo agents is that it assumes conformity. As I'm sure you've seen, expressing an unpopular opinion here frequently results in you being called a disinfo agent. In a thread yesterday I took issue with the idea that consumer products are lowering in quality. I gave several examples of products that were increasing in quality. The result was the thinly disguised accusation that my intent was to disrupt the thread. Well, the thread was stupid and I simply called it out. "Free speech" means nothing if you cannot tolerate people with another opinion than yours. Just because they have a different opinion does not mean they are some sort of agent.

In my opinion, ATS has much too high an opinion of its collective self. The idea that ATS can "deny ignorance" is itself suspect unless you realize it might have an alternative meaning, as in "deny [your own] ignorance." Just listen to the proclamations on ATS. We know for certain, that:

* Crazy person X is possessed by a demon
* Queen Elizabeth is a reptilian
* FTL Starships exist
* The earth is hollow
* Nazis (almost blew it there!) landed on the Moon
* Venus is inhabited

These people know FOR CERTAIN that what they say is correct. They are absolutely sure of themselves and often brook no opposition. I mean, I wouldn't hire most of these guys to mow my lawn. I'm certain myself most of them still live with their Mommies. ATS is a place where every tenth grader considers himself an expert.

So if I were "with the government and here to help" and intent on ensuring that ATS remained in turmoil and did not present any kind of threat to the established order, I would poke around here for a week or so and come to an inevitable conclusion. The best way to ensure ATS would not become a problem would be to leave it alone. ATS is its own worst enemy. Even if good discussions do get going, sooner or later the ignoramusses arrive and disrupt it.

I suppose I'm expressing my own frustrations here, but I don't think ATS is worth monitoring more than an occasional drive by sniff. I'd be spending my budget on Al Quaida recuitment sites and skinhead hate sites. Those guys are dangerous. ATS is not.

So if someone claims to "teach" you how to spot a "spook," you know one thing for certain. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well as you pointed out in that thread I'm a spook, oh wait... I'm sorry.....you implied I was a troll

Never mind

Back to trolling I go

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Have you ever spotted a spook? What is the criteria for spotting one?

Well now, isn't that the ultimate question! If there were a spook on ATS, then you'd never know now would you.

Either we wou.... err... I mean they would just sit back and observe quietly, and you'd never see their username anywhere. OR, we wou... err.. they would participate in discussions and build a solid profile with thousands of posts on many topics in order to fully infiltrate the site. Someone like that might even make Mod status, and then eventually get de-modded for unapparent reasons to the public at large.
OR, he woul.... err, they might even make jokes about their own spookiness, just to throw someone off the trail, and turn around and make fun of the whole stupid idea of spooks on ATS in the first place, but then you'd go back and read his.... err, their earlier posts and see that they actually do work for the government, but of course it would just be a cover job.

G'nite. Sleep well.
edit on 30-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What I do know, when it comes to spooks on ATS, is this;

Every profile here has a data file that is linked to all other like named profiles on the web.
This information is archived every 3 years but is readily available.
If you think you are not traceable or tracked, you are sadly mistaken.

Nothing more about this will be revealed, at least not by me.

Sirric

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't trust me.

My name is Liejunkie

Spook

I am convinced that "they" really do not need to be on here. If you get too close then your thread gets either removed or sent to the hoax bin and you get banned.

Who you calling a spook

I guees that "they" could come and hit your thread with multiple T&C's and get your thread closed down.

Oh well time to go look for more info.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would assume that the "spooks" would try to distract you with something like a "hot girl" type of avatar - I'm looking at you greeneyedleo, Druscilla, Smyleegrl and the OP AnarchysAngel!

In reality if there were "spooks" checking out ATS - they would only be doing so for the laughs. It must be incredibly amusing for them to see just how far from the truth most of us are.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
What I do know, when it comes to spooks on ATS, is this;

Every profile here has a data file that is linked to all other like named profiles on the web.
This information is archived every 3 years but is readily available.
If you think you are not traceable or tracked, you are sadly mistaken.

Nothing more about this will be revealed, at least not by me.

Sirric

"Bump and run" technique like this are very, very spooky.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Something to consider
It's become bit of a joke that the US gets it's bad news from the Msn
Social networking like twitter/FB have become the new source for breaking news and world events

I myself was first introduced to this site by a high level intelegence operator.
Upon joining the special forces we were told to keep an eye on the news at all times, but actually told to use alternative news sources and not the MSN as firstly it's generally well behind alt news sources and secondly is massively censored, especially when it comes to security and conflict.

As I said I was introduced to this site, and have become dependent on this site as a central 'hub' where you guys search the net day in day out for the best and most elusive stories and events. I just pop along most days when I can and combine what I know and what I'm briefed with what you find.

I assure you gov agencies monitor this site
Mostly as I do - as a source
But also probably on the lookout for whistle blowers ( but that's the beauty of this place, WE'RE ALL CONSPIRACY NUT JOBS ) who's gonna take you seriously

Also I PROMISE you 'spooks' ( albeit low level int gatherers ) do frequent this site and indeed do post
As do many security agencies ( not nessasaraly post )
As do many operators

I'm one of em
Infact a friend of mine is in Kent in England monitoring this site / FB / twitter ect during the Olympics

Well think about it ...........it makes sence

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I actually like you Slayer. We've spoken a few times and you actually make me laugh. I'm offended that they put the others with you. That one guy makes me want to kick puppies.

My apologies if you thought I ment you.

reply to post by getreadyalready

Anything you say Mr G-man. Did I mention I love the police?

Yes this subject does come up often. No one ever has an answer. It's always skunked. It normally happens right after the NSA thread. I decided to get it out of the way before evening, so we can discuss something more important.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What do ghosts do?

Characteristic of ghosts: (SPOOKS)
Playful
Haunt
cause mischief
rattle and make themselves known
hide
stalk
watch
react
sometimes harm
frighten
show off (see what i can do?)
bring more ghost friends to the party
annoy
persistent
nosy
badger

You can spot spook activity from 100 light years away if ya know what to look for. No mystery. I actually get more entertainment from it all than they do....i really do.

edit on 30-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join