It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spook and you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the paranormal section?

Spooks scare me.

But then again, so do olives.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Shouldn't this be in the paranormal section?

Spooks scare me.

But then again, so do olives.

I have a spook dream where I I am Fort Huarache in Arizona and a well-dressed spook with a martini with stuffed green olives (feta cheese) tries to rip my throat.

I give him a karate' chop and all is well.

FYI.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not sure what you mean by spook, but I always wonder about the new posters that get banned after only a few post,
Who are they?
Why did they post?
What do the mods know that we don't know,
spooky
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
What do ghosts do?

Characteristic of ghosts: (SPOOKS)
Playful
Haunt
cause mischief
rattle and make themselves known
hide
stalk
watch
react
sometimes harm
frighten
show off (see what i can do?)
bring more ghost friends to the party
annoy
persistent
nosy
badger

You can spot spook activity from 100 light years away if ya know what to look for. No mystery. I actually get more entertainment from it all than they do....i really do.

edit on 30-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

Nice list, well, that includes most of us.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wouldn't a disinfo agent avoid being intelligent?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Not sure what you mean by spook, but I always wonder about the new posters that get banned after only a few post,
Who are they?
Why did they post?
What do the mods know that we don't know,
spooky
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I suspect they know everything about you; your pant size, spendable income, fav vacation spot, affairs of all order...

You give them this information freely, you know.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
After reading another thread about ATS being connected with NSA, one not much different than the last one, I have to wonder how many I have spoke to. How would you spot a potential spook? I have met many members that make conversation, and sometimes ask personal information. Does that make them a spook? Could it be the ones ignoring logic in favor of propaganda? Perhaps it's the ones that never say much? The ones that never say much are many here on ATS. What about all of the ex-service on ATS? Would it make sense to admitt government service, or make up an elaborate lie? Are we all just being paranoid conspiracy kids?

Have you ever spotted a spook? What is the criteria for spotting one?

ATS is not connected to the NSA. That is absolutely silly wishful thinking (and false rumors) to make ATS appear more mysterious and scary.....and usually brought about by paranoia or boredom....

With that said, there is no way you would know who works for an intel agency by their postings.

And please lets not start "hit lists" by naming members we think are "spooks".
edit on July 30th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I am sorry, but I now must start a list and guess who is the first one on the list. Spooky huh?
edit on 2-8-2012 by Dawgishly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wouldn't a disinfo agent avoid being intelligent?

Definitely, unless it was unavoidable.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Anything you say Mr G-man. Did I mention I love the police?

I'll tell you what. IF there were a real spook on ATS, it would be impossible to know. ATS owners, if they were extremely diligent, might be able to trace some common IP addresses to common spook hangouts, but in all likelihood they would have taken precautions to prevent that. When it comes to their posting style, there is just NO WAY we would know. Think about all those 50 year old police detectives pretending to be 14 year old girls to attract and arrest pedophiles. If an average police detective can make that big of a jump in their posting style, then imagine what a professional operative trained in the art of psychological manipulation can do.

We'd never know. The cover would check out, the poster would never blow the cover, and as you yourself have proven, they can always just change usernames, or even play multiple usernames off of each other and throw misdirection from every conceivable angle.

If I were a spook, I would accuse myself of being such from a sock, and I would argue about how impossible it was from another sock, and I would alternatively admit to being a spook, and make fun of the whole idea, and then use logic and reason to discount the idea, and then go back and talk about how it could be possible and impossible to detect at the same time.

I'd probably even send a PM to the OP of the thread, and a few other people from time to time, building personal relationships so they would jump to my defense if needed. Develop some "assets," develop some socks, get to know the inner workings and inner politics of the site, and how they converse behind the wall in the Mod forums, and how much access they have to PM's, and IP's, and that kind of thing, that way I could perfect my strategy, but I wouldn't stay back their long, because the Mod banner would be a hindrance to my intelligence gathering.

Just saying. I'm pretty sure they are not on here, but if they were, we would never know, their might be a couple in this very thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

I forgot one potential spook catagory. Grammar Nazi's.

Actually i could see this...because they want your post perfect....just in case it has to be used in a court of law against you.

Thats right...we're onto you Merriam Webster....and that Rodgits guy.......you spooks you.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

I forgot one potential spook category. Grammar Nazi's.

I don't know that I would go as far as to suggest he is a "Grammar Nazi". I'm thinking more along the lines of a "Grammar Nazi Sympathizer"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I'll tell you what. IF there were a real spook on ATS, it would be impossible to know. ATS owners, if they were extremely diligent, might be able to trace some common IP addresses to common spook hangouts, but in all likelihood they would have taken precautions to prevent that. When it comes to their posting style, there is just NO WAY we would know. n can do.

We'd never know. The cover would check out, the poster would never blow the cover, and as you yourself have proven, they can always just change usernames, or even play multiple usernames off of each other and throw misdirection from every conceivable angle.

Just saying. I'm pretty sure they are not on here, but if they were, we would never know, their might be a couple in this very thread.

Ah, you mean like this one?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel his everpresence amongst us now! I won't say who...but I know.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join