It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers fill empty Olympic VIP seats as storm grows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

A storm? I really think you're making far more of this than is really necessary mate. This is nothing to do with any 'storm' or conspiracy, it's simple caused by the ridiculous idea of the 'Olympic Family'. There's a similar issue in FIFA-run soccer/football events too. Effectively, the 'Family' (ie. the sponsers, bigwigs and so on) get loads of free tickets and then don't show up. It happens at Wembley all the time during England internationals, happened even more during the World Cup and will happen right throughout this tournament too. You're reading far too much into it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Only amateur athletes? Haha, I don't want to watch replacements, I wanna see the best in the world, which is what the olympics bring. Say what you want about corporate sponsors, but without the greatest athletes, the olympics would barely be televised and/or covered.

Well, technically, we hardly ever see the "greatest athletes," because those folks are disqualified, or they can't get the sponsorship, or they say something accidentally politically incorrect, or they get caught by the "2 per nation" rule, or their background check keeps them out, or they just never had access to the gym and trainer they needed to become competitive, etc., etc.

I think we should go one of two directions. Either open the damn thing up to EVERYBODY! Just like a scholar can use everything at their disposal, let an athlete use PED, let them have criminal records, let them say whatever they want to say, and judge them solely on their performance in the arena.......... OR.......... admit the whole thing is a popularity contest, dog and pony show, restrict it to pretty people, ambassadors, and corporate representatives, and stop pretending it is the pinnacle of athleticism.

I just hate the fact that we are somewhere in the middle. Lets make it the pinnacle of all athletic competition, or lets make it a pageant, but stop trying to combine the two.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
This edition is already becoming one to go down in history books no matter if nothing happens. What an absolute joke this is.

They are not paid to watch the games either.

This reminds me of "a clockwork orange".
Maybe the soldiers are on some type of probation because of something that they did
and this is their punisment

Poor guys...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The Olympic Games only exists today in order to advertise and sell McDonald's, Coca-Cola, and a hundred other corporate sponsors...

Funny you should mention this because what I saw from the opening ceremony was one big sales pitch.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I haven't seen every message on the thread, so maybe this has been addressed or suggested.

However, what is wrong with having a stand-by line established, since they KNOW they gave tickets out to a large number who aren't using their political gifts and however else these were squandered and wasted.

Are there not people in England who would like to see some of these events if the ticket prices were either free (Hey, these seats got paid once...so why double dip??) or drastically reduced?

Simply wait until a announced point just before the event to tally empty seats and confirm the tickets haven't gone through the ticket takers (It would suck to come back from the Bathroom to find a Stand-by in your seat). Once the number is confirmed, open the ropes to the stand-by people and start letting the common folk in to enjoy the unexpected chance of actually seeing some of this in person.

It beats the hell out of wasting the seats not once but TWICE by filling them with soldiers who likely have little or no interest in being there in the first place. What are the odds the event they get sent to is an event THEY personally gave a hoot about?? Stand-By people would at least WANT to see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by capone1

Technically, the Games are supposed to be "amateurs"... The "amateurs" however can get quite nice grants and sponsorships so they don't have to work, but many are amateurs.

The word amateur shouldn't be taken to mean second best. It merely denotes they don't make a living out of it, but an amateur anything can be as good as any professional.

Thanks for the lesson. But the poster said "only" amateur athletes. Obviously both amateurs and professionals participate in the olympics.
edit on 30-7-2012 by capone1 because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I don't believe that's true. I work at a youth club in my town, we have a play station , we have a pool table, every week the kids want to be outside, playing football or rounders. They would much rather be outside with their mates than inside on their consoles. I think that is a huge misconception about young people today. Give them the opportunity to get out side and play sports and they will take it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by capone1

Only amateur athletes? Haha, I don't want to watch replacements, I wanna see the best in the world, which is what the olympics bring. Say what you want about corporate sponsors, but without the greatest athletes, the olympics would barely be televised and/or covered.

Well, technically, we hardly ever see the "greatest athletes," because those folks are disqualified, or they can't get the sponsorship, or they say something accidentally politically incorrect, or they get caught by the "2 per nation" rule, or their background check keeps them out, or they just never had access to the gym and trainer they needed to become competitive, etc., etc.

I think we should go one of two directions. Either open the damn thing up to EVERYBODY! Just like a scholar can use everything at their disposal, let an athlete use PED, let them have criminal records, let them say whatever they want to say, and judge them solely on their performance in the arena.......... OR.......... admit the whole thing is a popularity contest, dog and pony show, restrict it to pretty people, ambassadors, and corporate representatives, and stop pretending it is the pinnacle of athleticism.

I just hate the fact that we are somewhere in the middle. Lets make it the pinnacle of all athletic competition, or lets make it a pageant, but stop trying to combine the two.

Well, you can never please everybody. I'm not sure where you are going with your opinion, but for the most part, the althetes competing have dedicated the last few years of their life to qualify.

And please don't compare athletes to scholars. Scholars can't take an Einstein pill to win chess matches or give speeches. Two totally different worlds.

And by the way, greatest "athlete" does not mean strongest or fastest. No amount of steroids can help an incredibly gifted table tennis player or archer, etc.

To me, "the "pinnacle of athletic competition", isn't narcotic bloated people who will die of heart attacks in their 40's. It's the blood, sweat and tears, dedicated to training your whole life to compete against the world; McDonald's sponsored or not.

GO U.S.A.!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Pretty much what we've been saying at my work...

Give the "premium" ticket holders 1/2hr or so and if no show, then dole out the tickets for a quid. It's what they do at Wimbledon...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

5 soldiers, in uniform, patently obvious among a bunch of empty seats.....(dog's balls is a phrase that springs to mind)...and this is supposed to be proof of some attemtp to hide the truth??

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What makes it worse is that many of these soldiers are being used ...twice..

First they are taken off leave to attend as security after one big mess..

Then there's another mess where they are being used to fill empty spaces... (reminds me of lyrics from a pink floyd song)

And finally, once the games are over, many of these soldiers will be made redundant.. on the dole pile.. no good to queen, country or you and me anymore.. Whole regiments will be going.. hundreds of years of history thrown away..
British Army To March On London.
All because of profits..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is nothing more than media giving free advertising to the IOC. "Hey, they got some tickets available! It worries them!! Better call to see if they have knocked a few bucks off!!!"

Why the hell are empty seats at a commercial event making news? Did it kill someone?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Ben81

5 soldiers, in uniform, patently obvious among a bunch of empty seats.....(dog's balls is a phrase that springs to mind)...and this is supposed to be proof of some attemtp to hide the truth??

there was about 12 of them at the archery and about the same at the air rifle event sorry no photo so it probably didnt happen

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by camaro68ss
did i miss something??? what happens Aug 4th???

Thats a bit complicated

maybe a false flag
maybe jesus coming back
maybe aliens are arriving for a full disclosure

there is many theories out there concerning that date
just be open minded

maybe nothing is also plausible

I am going with nothing.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Cameron told them they'd get free tickets . Why did they need that many security for it then , was an obvious question in the first place. Keeping everyone second-guessing seems a favourite games ,

and the false flag was that south korea. anyhow,

Wind got round - you wait 2 hours without any water , and you cant take any in, like plane rules.
You can buy tickets but if anyones even senses a rip off in a recession , then there are problems immediately .
And again - who knows where the events even are? London is not an athlete , mental or physical. He is tyed to a chair, etc
edit on 30-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Only the rich can afford to go to the games. With a decline in the economy is it any wonder??

You're not going to have the Middle Class from the world over coming in droves when they can't afford it.
Even Londoners close enough can't afford it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I agree with you that the skill is extremely important and it trumps the pure athleticism, but if those same talented people could also take performance enhancing drugs, with the care of a doctor, and they could take their sports to entirely new levels!

BTW, there are Einstein pills, and they are currently prescribed to every ADHD and college kid in the nation. They help with focus and memory, and they are not only legal, but they are pushed like candy! Why can't athletes take advantage of the same thing?

Also, when I mentioned the disqualification, I was talking about the athletes that are being sent home just for making bone-headed statements. It has nothing to do with their sport, but it is making the competition weaker.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Only the rich can afford to go to the games. With a decline in the economy is it any wonder??

You're not going to have the Middle Class from the world over coming in droves when they can't afford it.
Even Londoners close enough can't afford it.

False. I know people who have been saving for the last 4 years in hopes to attend the 2012 games. Rich? No. Middle class? Hardly. Hard working? Definitely.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by capone1

I agree with you that the skill is extremely important and it trumps the pure athleticism, but if those same talented people could also take performance enhancing drugs, with the care of a doctor, and they could take their sports to entirely new levels!

BTW, there are Einstein pills, and they are currently prescribed to every ADHD and college kid in the nation. They help with focus and memory, and they are not only legal, but they are pushed like candy! Why can't athletes take advantage of the same thing?

Also, when I mentioned the disqualification, I was talking about the athletes that are being sent home just for making bone-headed statements. It has nothing to do with their sport, but it is making the competition weaker.

Well, those same people aren't allowed take PED's, which helps maintain "pure' athleticism".
Sorry, but ADD/ADHD medication doesn't improve your God-given IQ, or athleticism, though it CAN help your awareness, focus and reaction time. I am unaware of any at least competitive Olympic athletes being sent home for making bone-headed statements. Maybe I missed something.

GO U.S.A!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

wait.....I remember a Quatrain saying something comes out of the sky on an August 14th.....

anyone have input?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join