It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers fill empty Olympic VIP seats as storm grows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

www.cnn.com

British soldiers will be asked to act as temporary placeholders in premium seating at Olympic events, as organizers attempt to avoid the spectacle of empty seats at venues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Maybe the ceremony have scare the crap of everyone ?
the demons running near childrens sleeping in their bed
was to much ?

I sense a big bowcot of the olympic
usualy its full of people like we had in Montreal 67

Is it me or the soldiers look totaly bored to death
i think they are not there because they want to
but because they have been ordered to fill the seats
not very substle in uniform .. to lazy to wear civilians clothes ?

This guy seems to look at something in the sky
i bet he cant wait anymore till the 4 august arrive

*SNIP*

www.cnn.com
edit on 7/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/30/2012 by Mirthful Me because: BAN Format...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'll take "how to botch an Olympics as a host city" for $1000 Alex......

WOO HOO Daily Double!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
maybe too many scary ats posts about the olympics is the reason for so many empty seats!!!!!

OR, maybe no one gives a s#!LL about the whole damn derbacle!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
maybe too many scary ats posts about the olympics is the reason for so many empty seats!!!!!

OR, maybe no one gives a s#!LL about the whole damn derbacle!!!

I think people are not dumb anymore and realise it has illuminati all over it

ATS has saved the world one more time from a false flag

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This edition is already becoming one to go down in history books no matter if nothing happens. What an absolute joke this is.

They are not paid to watch the games either.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Winter games, summer games, every two years there's another mass media hoopla over these things. It's over-saturated and boring.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
did i miss something??? what happens Aug 4th???

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Winter games, summer games, every two years there's another mass media hoopla over these things. It's over-saturated and boring.

I found the Vancouver ceremony a trillion time better then what they have showed in London
and it is one of the most expensive one ever
not even popular .. now they have to order the poor soldier to fill out big empty space
i have saw it on TV .. there is nobody only a few people
familly and friends of the athletes
Phelps dont seem to have the same energy when its empty like that

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Thats a bit complicated

maybe a false flag
maybe jesus coming back
maybe aliens are arriving for a full disclosure

there is many theories out there concerning that date
just be open minded

maybe nothing is also plausible

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Thats a bit complicated

maybe a false flag
maybe jesus coming back
maybe aliens are arriving for a full disclosure

there is many theories out there concerning that date
just be open minded

maybe nothing is also plausible

im always open minded, just did not know about the date and sopposed false flag events. Need to mark that one on my date book

Thanks
edit on 30-7-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I believe it could DEFINITELY be an issue of the horrible economic problems everyone is having as well.
Another theory I have is that someone has warned the people who can afford those seats against going for some reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper
I believe it could DEFINITELY be an issue of the horrible economic problems everyone is having as well.
Another theory I have is that someone has warned the people who can afford those seats against going for some reason.

yeah, you could be on to something. Dont want any TPTB to be there. We need them to run the shadow goverments.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Let me guess, they will hire actors to fill the empty seats for the rest of the games. They could have solved the problem by selling tickets for all the seats instead of reserving seats for VIPs. There was strong enough demand to require a lottery for tickets.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

link   
Global athletic competition will only be important if the media makes it important.

All of these kinds of events... are as important as the media says they are. It is the quintessential "entertainment for the masses" tool .... some are not buying in, others are discovering that the honor and dignity of apex sports is only a vehicle to deliver advertising.

In the end the athletes will remain focused on their physical art; but what the people see of the circus around them is totally in the hands of the elite.... it almost always has been.

link   
reply to post by Ben81

Soldiers and students to fill seats that family including parents of the competitors can't obtain!

How bloody disgusting!

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think part of it is the outrageousness of the Olympics rules, and that isn't London's fault.

The political nanny-police have ruined too many of the sports trying to even the playing fields and cater to the lower-level athletes.

I was watching the gymnastics all-around qualifying last night, and they were going nuts over the fact that the 24 best athletes WON'T compete against each other. There is a "2 per country" rule, that will knock out some great competitors from the US, Russia, China, Romania, etc. You might be the 3rd best in the whole world, but also be the 3rd best from your country, and you won't even qualify for the final event.

Plus, all the BS drug-testing, all the BS about people being sent home for off-the-wall commentary. The games are being ruined by the PC-police. I don't care if an athelete is a racist, a convict, or a meth-head, I watch the games to see the best of the best compete at their chosen profession, but that isn't what we get with the Olympics these days. These days we get the same, rigid, politically correct, cliche interview answer, crocodile tears that you see in every other sport. Manufactured drama, tempered joy, tempered disappointment, no passion, no competitiveness.

I don't want to see someone lose and talk about how happy they are that their competitor had a great day, I want to see them kick over some chairs and choke their coach for making them pick a terrible routine, LOL!

Also, as to the Romney comments, and all the criticism of London this Olympics season..... are people forgetting the US had a bomb go off at our Atlanta Olympics? How about the Tonya Harding incident?
edit on 30-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

Soldiers and students to fill seats that family including parents of the competitors can't obtain!

How bloody disgusting!

I agree
i would move in the front seat

except if there is soldiers with guns that watch people from stealing seats lol
edit on 7/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

www.cnn.com

British soldiers will be asked to act as temporary placeholders in premium seating at Olympic events, as organizers attempt to avoid the spectacle of empty seats at venues.

Sky news have been making big noises about the empty seats, and important figures saying things like use your seat or loose it, we should make it so if there are empty seats people should be aloud use them, first come first served basis or sold for charity.
But now we see soldiers in these seats, and not all of em are full, what is going on they where desperate to fill these seats BBC olympic coverage have been banging on about how there isnt an empty seat in the house during the swimming

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What's the big deal?

Every single Olympics has this same headline and same "outrage".

From the Guardian, circa 2008:
Olympics: Empty seats a concern for Games
(guardian.co.uk)• Olympic organisers use volunteers to bolster attendances
• Sponsors angry at deserted exhibition pavilions

From Beijing 2008:
Seats filled with mystery

Organizers say the Games are sold out, but the stands at many events are half empty. 'Where have all the tickets gone?'

From the Athens 2004 Olympics:
Empty stands, small crowds worry IOC

It's like this for EVERY Olympics. The stands are NEVER full. Face it, the games are boring, the only people who show up for most of the events are the friends and families of the competitors, with a few fans... then the host city fills out the stadiums with plants and soldiers.

Even a tyrannical government like China's couldn't fill out all the empty seats. The games are boring. Most people just want to tune in for the highlights.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join