It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers fill empty Olympic VIP seats as storm grows

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
And Btw, WhoTF is the Olympic Family? Did you actually mean to say the families of the Olympic competitors?

The Olympic Family is a well known phrase, I suggest you look it up. It refers to the IOC, the competitors and other people involved in the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ridiculous, thank you for posting.

British Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt told the BBC Monday that although the seats were not being used, organizers did not have the right to demand that sports federations returned the tickets.

"What we're saying to the IOC and to the international sports federations is if you're not going to use them, could we have as many possible back because of course we've got lots of members of the public who would dearly love to go?"

"We want to be completely upfront with the public -- this is a negotiation, we don't have a right to demand these back."

The public doesn't have the right to demand as many people from the public can have a chance to watch their global champions as possible? Is it not the global public that the Olympics are all about!? This is disgusting, why is it that every bank, website, company and lawyer can have fine print in their works and contract that works in their favor, but never the public.

Do we the public not have large enough magnifying glasses!? Can we not find that 3.5 pico font!>?

How about if you aren't there earlier sitting in your damn seat (far be it for me to suggest that the time frame suggested in the article by Colin Moynihan of 30 minutes late was enlightening and on point: graciously so but not implemented) to these once every four years world moments, then it is given away to someone who wants to watch history happen. Snooze, lose. Or be wherever it is that's a more important place to you at that moment.

Fine print, when will it ever be good for the whole?

For us?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
And Btw, WhoTF is the Olympic Family? Did you actually mean to say the families of the Olympic competitors?

The Olympic Family is a well known phrase, I suggest you look it up. It refers to the IOC, the competitors and other people involved in the Olympics.

How nice that the Olympics has a family, uh huh and gay used to mean happy, so what. I don't do propaganda based newthink terminology or phraseology meant to provide that warm fuzzy feeling that twists world views and drives useless consumerism. I have no use for newthink as I have no use for politicians, bankers or that useless and most expensive welfare family in England.

What can I say, I am from the colonies ;-) Carpe Cerevisi !

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Ben81

So when you look out and see hundreds of soldiers in uniforms in the seats you can think.. not only are those seats still empty, but they are wasting money/time/resources by ordering soldiers to sit in them.

This is absolutely stupid. If they weren't money hungry they could refund the poeple that bought them and then resell the seats. I am sure that it is actually an error and those seats were never sold in the first place.. if they were then maybe someone should answer the question of why those people aren't making it. I mean.. thousands of people not making the venues. Either something is wrong OR it's impossible to make it to and from the venues and the government is covering that up.

There give away seats, thousands of them, the dignitaries sold them to scalpers
and the people who bought them showed up were not allowed in when they couldn't
prove who they were the people they were actually given too.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you mean women's badminton tickets aren't flying out of ticketmaster faster than the speed of sound.

i'm shocked.

I believe you are jesting, but the fact is that they would be flying out of ticketmaster at the speed of the internet, if they were available. (eta: at a reasonable price)

Besides women badminton players being the hottest badminton women from around the world, do you know how many of them there are, how many friends and family they have?

How many people who want to be watching them but can't?
edit on 31-7-2012 by seaez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaemonD14
reply to post by Ben81

A storm? I really think you're making far more of this than is really necessary mate. This is nothing to do with any 'storm' or conspiracy, it's simple caused by the ridiculous idea of the 'Olympic Family'. There's a similar issue in FIFA-run soccer/football events too. Effectively, the 'Family' (ie. the sponsers, bigwigs and so on) get loads of free tickets and then don't show up. It happens at Wembley all the time during England internationals, happened even more during the World Cup and will happen right throughout this tournament too. You're reading far too much into it.

I agree with you
CNN do know how to choose their title .. i have just copy pasted it
apparently now when i click on the link it has been updated with another title
they are worst then any thread title i have see on ATS lol
when i first read it(before the update) .. i though it was odd saying "storm growing"
what did they mean

edit on 7/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by GBP/JPY

That's about the time of year the Plaedian meteor shower happens, isn't it?

Yup !
apparently we will be able to see the Plaedian like never before
it is just weird that the O2 dome is located directly above a bunch of tunel
that is filled with contaminated material

i keep seeing in different ads about the stadium being destroyed while people are playing
maybe the artists who made those ads are just sick
even the scene in the new batman is very odd with the number 86 running
until he turn around and see nothing behind him

for the sake of everyone i hope nothing happen
except seeing a flying saucer landing in the stadium
that would be great
hope that happen .. humans really need a "push"

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I consider it very alarming that Ebola is spreading in Africa, that we have some odd gmo type mosquitos. My father kept saying these mosquitos are small and soundless and he's never seen them before, but read about the GMO ones today. And they have quite a few different diseases, flaunt them right in front of us, wedding virus's with ancient ones like recently. Its 2012, and they talk about population reduction, wrote half a billion on the Georgia Guidestones, conducted BP and Fukushima, and you think I'm trolling when I point out they are probably in underground bunkers and not willing to attend the Olympics.

Not, I'm putting something out there that needs to be put out just in case it goes the way it might, so that they are not getting away with it, its been nailed by the public. And I don't care how foolish it appears, not hear for popularity. I'm taking a real stab in the dark over what could possibly be in the works.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by camaro68ss
did i miss something??? what happens Aug 4th???

Thats a bit complicated

maybe a false flag
maybe jesus coming back
maybe aliens are arriving for a full disclosure

there is many theories out there concerning that date
just be open minded

maybe nothing is also plausible

I forgot the antichrist

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
What if government ordered the corporations who hold the tickets for these seats to keep them empty, so that they could put soldiers in them?

Nice way of having military presence right next to any potential terrorists planning a Mumbai style attack.

Just a hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Start up the Olympic Drinking Games....

Oooh suddenly everybody attends.

Cosmic..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Usually on ATS you assume that so and so posting a rant knows x y and z. Obviously not the case here. I dont know how the world figures are gathered but as 40 million Americans watched the opening ceremonies, making this one the most watched ever. And the momentum is still strong. Here is some news (for idiots) :

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now please, go back to worthwhile posts, like crop circles and CIA / Isreal hilarity.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I live in Britain and some of my family wanted to go to the Olympics, and were looking for tickets. They were all sold out apparently, and was extremely difficult to find any tickets, to events like swimming which is presumably the more popular games. However when learning of their plans to go I immediately stopped them... I explained the conspiracy. However regarding empty seats, if they really wanted, they couldve given those empty seats to the hundreds that voulunteered in the opening ceremony or the engineers and builders that helped build the stadium. Why in particular the army and even that in full uniform.

Is it to cause a motion of fear?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maliha
Why in particular the army and even that in full uniform.

>sigh<

I really wish people would read the threads before commenting...

This was addressed, actually. In order to fill the seats at short notice, the organisers simply went outside and asked some squaddies who had just finished their shift covering security if any wanted to watch. Now, do you expect them to rush back to barracks, get changed, then get back (with London traffic and the IOC lanes) in time for the event? Or should they just go and watch?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is this why there are still so many seats empty at the London Games?

www.groundzeromedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No...

And to add a second line, you'd know why if you read the thread. All publicly sold tickets have the people turning up to use them. All the free tickets given to sponsors and the IOC peeps are the ones not being used. Too busy shmoozing and taking bribes, probably...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maliha
I live in Britain and some of my family wanted to go to the Olympics, and were looking for tickets. They were all sold out apparently, and was extremely difficult to find any tickets, to events like swimming which is presumably the more popular games. However when learning of their plans to go I immediately stopped them... I explained the conspiracy. However regarding empty seats, if they really wanted, they couldve given those empty seats to the hundreds that voulunteered in the opening ceremony or the engineers and builders that helped build the stadium. Why in particular the army and even that in full uniform.

Sorry to hear about your loss [of tickets
] but picking on the military unjustly isn't going to miraculously gain you access.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I have tried to get tickets from the website and it's nearly impossible. The transactions never go through. It's a really badly designed site and very frustrating to use. I've bought tickets for events in the past and it has not been this difficult.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
That's too bad. There can't be an alien reveal now if there's no one there to see it!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by reficul
maybe too many scary ats posts about the olympics is the reason for so many empty seats!!!!!

OR, maybe no one gives a s#!LL about the whole damn derbacle!!!

I think people are not dumb anymore and realise it has illuminati all over it

ATS has saved the world one more time from a false flag

Or, it could be, just maybe, that the seats that were reserved for press, national delegates and corporate sponsors (hence the seats being described as VIP) are just not being used by the people they were allocated to?

They've stated what the problem is. These are not publicly available tickets, these are reserved for sponsors and other VIP's who are given tickets as part of the sponsorship deal. All large sponsored events do this, from festivals to races.

If LOCOG gave Coca Cola 3k tickets covering various events, and they then choose not to bother using those tickets, you get empty seats. This is what is happening.

LOCOG is now going to those sponsors and other parties to ask them to return those unused tickets to allow them to be used by the public.

There is no conspiracy here, there is no fear from the public. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the UK who tried to get tickets for all kinds of events and that is why they are angry when they see empty seats.

If LOCOG had been smart, they would have included a restriction in their sponsorship agreements stating that sponsors had to register their allocated tickets to reserve their seats, if they were not reserved by the final seven days before the event they would be released back into the public.

Then they should have stand-by areas where people who want to see an event can wait, and if the seating is not to capacity five minutes into the event those seats become available and the original ticket holder loses out.

Seriously, some people will find a conspiracy in absolutely anything. It makes me wonder how empty their lives are.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join