It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Hospital: Shocking Photos And Testimony From The Dawood Military Hospital Scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was about to fix supper, but there goes that idea. Disgusting! My goodness, whomever is responsible needs to be prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law if they were administering this hospital on behalf of the United States. Can't say much about the Afghans, because we all know how notoriously corrupt they are. However, public condemnation over this would be in good order, and if the feelings are hurt within the Karzi government? So be it!

In addition, we can ask for reimbursement of the billions of dollars of US taxpayer funds that seems to have been pilfered away through corruption. Nobody should be treated that way, and I don't care what nationality they are. I think the patient's families should be compensated for this negligence as well. I am absolutely appalled, and people need to pay for this. Whether it be a member of the US military or an Afghan official. This stinks to high heaven!
edit on 29-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Great post.

Its really hard to comprehend how people can do this

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

My damnation of "the military" is of the apparatus and the demons that wield its power.

Like I said....the military is made up of mostly well intentioned people who's efforts are manipulated for various ulterior motives. We have proof that the US Army, under the direction of Project Paperclip Nazi's, experimented on its own soldiers throughout the 50's and 60's. Likely the 70's, too. And I would not be surprised if it has never stopped, since we have those nice little relics of decades past still (Gulf War Syndrome, for example).

I feel sorry for our soldiers. I am thankful that they love me enough, a total stranger, to be willing to die for me. It is most unfortunate that there really isn't a need for them to actually have to die for me. Because in reality, they aren't dying for me, they are dying for a bank account. I appreciate the ones that serve with honor and valor, and understand those that just can't quite measure up (without giving a pass to the true monsters that kill civilians because they are sociopathic psychos). It is a tough job, being away from your family, sitting in a tent somewhere God knows where. I would rather they be here, to raise their kids and provide some direction that our country seems to be lacking right now.

I dunno.....its a real messed up situation. I don't like so much of it that it is hard to figure out exactly what I think about it. Other than I just don't like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My god, this is horrific. And to think our tax dollars funded this Afghan Hospital of Hell. Where the frick was the oversight for this funding?? Why wasn't funding pulled when they knew for years that it was this bad? I just don't understand this. The US gave this hospital, an Afghan military hospital, a huge sum of funding. But staff refused to treat patients not of their tribe, staff refused to treat those who couldn't pony up the asking price for treatment, staff left the hospital after only being there an hour or two, to go to their own practices. Therefore just leaving the place understaffed (was it ever fully staffed at any given time at all?) and leaving patients in misery. Sold their medicine stocks for profit on the black market & bough cheaper fake meds/expired meds to treat people with. And they were (are?) still being paid, by us, despite this behavior. W.T.F

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
ask yourself why does the world hate us and who really is the BAD GUY on the world stage ..IM ASHAMED OF MY COUNTRY and every person responsible should be lined up against a wall and shot .. I am beyond words How has it come to this and is this our future where only the rich get proper Healthcare OPEN YOUR #ING EYES PEOPLE its not a conspiracy theory or a lie ITS REAL AND IT WAS DONE BY US WITH OUR MONEY !!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
are these afghan soldiers only?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I thought the USA was the epitome of marvellous health care so this is far more shocking.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Every day I seriously have to start questioning the human race and why we are left to keep on doing what we are doing? This is absolute BS! I hope that everyone responsible will be given exactly what they deserve. There is so much beauty out there and then there are things like this which just make it all seem pointless.

Seriously we live in a world where it's ok to beat your wife, abuse your family, think it's ok to sit on your ass all day while other's provide for you so no wonder crap like this is going on...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I had a nervous breakdown when I was in the navy. (I wont go into it) I was presented with the option of going to a military hospital, and refused, since I saw this VERY SAME sort of thing happening elsewhere (I had read an article, cannot remember the hospital). I refused, and was given an other than honorable discharge. Shame I can't get a lawsuit.....

Edited: I forgot to mention- this was right around 1990
edit on 30-7-2012 by wylekat because: Forgot the date

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And you will never hear a word about this from MSM.
This is beyond anything a human should have to endure. We should not be surprised. The US funds obviously went to someones pocket, probably the Lt General. When large sums of money are involved, kindness to your fellow man runs a distant 2nd.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SHlNOBl
are these afghan soldiers only?

Soldiers and civlians, but Afghani's, yes.

Which is kind of worse. We treat our own soldiers worse than civilians in the US, but we reserve a special form of hell of foreigners in our military run hospitals.

Given the propensity of the US military to experiment on its own soldiers, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they weren't doing the same on patients like these. An insidiousness that we see from government all the time: force you into debt to buy a service that they victimize you with anyway. I mean, we all buy tv's and cable, so we can receive our daily brainwashings, right? Nothing better than tricking your prey into buying their doom.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I gave you a star, just wow horrific, this world is just so screwed up I hate it and it's not finished yet, my God what is next to come, but you know it's not just wars where there is torture being used, parents doing it to their own children, friends doing it to friends, only the other day i read a story in the sun newspaper of 2 male friends torturing a friend for 2 days solid this story was horrific too, there is just no end the world is a nasty evil place, the royals are evil, all bankers and governments, I HATE THIS EVIL PLANET, however the earth is beautiful it's just the humans on it that are destroying life how it should be lived, loving and peacful, this is just my 2 cents worth as i'm horrifed today of what we've all been shown, disgusting human race.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monicle

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm so disgusted this was covered up by both the Afghani and US Govt.

Damn bloody shocking!

You act surprised, where have you been living, in a cave? No offense of course.

THIS...............

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Maggots falling out of the body , gimme a break what kinda gestapo prison is this , it just INHUMAN , what has become of us , i doubt there will ever be world peace , i doubt people with different religous will ever repect each other.
I doubt people will ever really respect all aspects of each other.
I believe however that life still remains an adventure , to hold on as long as possible , till the last page of this epic tale has been read.

But i must say by reading about all the horrific deeds commited by our fellow humans i sometimes really hate our species , not sure if i should still call em fellow humans
However the majority of us probably wants to live his/her life in peace , in good health and with friends and famillies.

Apologies in advance to any one who is thinking i am flaming on him/her , that is not my intention i just wanted to have my say about this hospital horror topic.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thank you for the correction. After reading the article again I see I had picked it up wrongly and had thought he was in charge of the hospital.
However, the fact still remains he was in charge the NTM-A and CSTC-A and knew of the disaster that was occurring there. This in a way makes things even worse for him as he was at the top of the tree and still did nothing, and in fact tried to prohibit an investigation and instigate a cover-up by the looks of it.
The fact that a blind eye has been turned on this for so many years is appalling, and a big tell tale as to what the top brass really care or don't care about in this whole situation.

I agree, this guy should be hanging for this one, along with every other corrupt official who is causing or allowing such suffering. The question still remains, however, why is he now in charge of another unit??

Thanks again for your correction, muchly appreciated.

edit on 30-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: missed letter 'd' correction

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I thought it was worth adding re: the particular case with maggots from an Entomologist point of view..

Those maggots are third instar making them over a week old. Just saying....

That would mean his dressings were not changed at all during almost the entire duration of a fly's larval period... Probably longer considering the flesh first has to die in order to become a food source to fly larva as they only eat dead flesh.. (save for some rare cases)..

That whole experience must have been excruciating.
edit on 30-7-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Because he was the guy who ultimately paid this hospital's operating costs (something like $150 mil a year) he had a personal obligation to see how it was ran. I understand he may have started some sort of investigation of his own, but he still had the obligation to report his findings to the DoD and ultimately to Congress, so we as a country know what we are getting for that money, or what we as a country are backing. That's where the real failing comes into play, by continuing to fund this place and not reporting it we, by our silence, gave a tacit approval to it.

One of the biggest failings of both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars was how we pumped billions of dollars into organizations in those countries with no real idea where that money was going. We created a blackmarket culture of corruption and greed designed to rob us and their countrymen. I have no doubt that our tax dollars passed through corrupt middlemen and went to the very enemy we were supposed to be fighting.

This hospital should be the poster child of everything that is wrong with the war in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kabfighter

Actually, a lot of nursing homes come under fire for neglectign patients or patients dying.

Some 5,283 nursing homes were cited for abuse violations, according to a review of state inspection records requested by Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif. These homes were cited for nearly 9,000 abuse violations from January 1999 to January 2001.

cbs.com

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I had a nervous breakdown when I was in the navy. (I wont go into it) I was presented with the option of going to a military hospital, and refused, since I saw this VERY SAME sort of thing happening elsewhere (I had read an article, cannot remember the hospital). I refused, and was given an other than honorable discharge. Shame I can't get a lawsuit.....

You guys should visit some government funded nursing homes,

I will shoot myself first.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by wylekat

You guys should visit some government funded nursing homes,

I will shoot myself first.

My wife worked at a VA funded nursing home as a treatment nurse. i could write pages....PAGES....about egregious neglect. She tried to follow my advice of "be the change", but just couldn't do it anymore. She worked there for 8 months, put in 60hrs/week to try to compensate for the horrible care deriving from horrible policies, and then had to take 3 months off from work just to feel like she could do nursing again. This is her 3rd week back to work

The final straw came when the nursing home administrator was asked by her about a change in process while she was trying to get meals out for lunch. He answered her with, "Um, who are you? Why are you even talking to me? Your hall will get their food when your staff decides to come serve it to your patients. " She said, "So you are not allowing me to serve my patients till more of my staff are here?" He replied, "Yup. If you want your folks to eat, you need to get your coworkers moving". She quit 10 minutes later, and called the state inspectors. They just put the home in "immediate jeopardy" for the 15th time in 2 years (the last time was when someone died from neglect...the wandered off 5 minutes after being admitted and were hit by a semi) The fact that the administrator was willing to leverage patient care for employee performance was mind numbingly heartless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join