It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
There are ancient monuments all over the earth that are still aligned with the sun at solstices and equinoxes---like Chichen Itza. Wouldn't work if the relationship between the sun and earth had changed.

and stonehenge, pharohs tombs, and many many others!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i will not talk about the sun but the moon my best friends is a astronomer and he take picture of the moon since 8 years and for him there no doubt the axis of the earth has change, and this is not a secret many astronomer talk about that phenomena, he also told me soon it will be more obvious in a few month and years and people will start to hear about it !! for the moment nobody realy know what's is going to happen so there no need to alarm people but actualy, he told me he is working in the pole of research and development for the ministry of the environment, with geologist and seismologist and volcanologiste, they must do simulations and lots of other research, there is nothing secret, some scientist begins to ask if the climate change could be the consequence of the derivative of the axis of the earth.
he also send me 2 picture taken in mars 2009 and mars 2012 at the same position and you see that something has change...
he told me there something that no one can predict, because no one lived it, and nobody knows how it goes, if the phenomenon starts accelerating, so if scientist do not talk about it for just one reason, they don't have any answer, they know there something occuring but how it will happen this the big ???? now i'm sure there something wrong and i don't need any confirmation because simply i will have any...and even if i had one what can we really do ? this a cycle and it must happen !!! we should learn that in this rock we are just guest

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

But you have to ask: Why do all of those things line up? Were they built to be gauges to tell if something was happening where they needed to find shelter from something? If these things don't align then what happens? We can start worrying if it ever happens I suppose.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Depending on the time of the year, the sun's position in the shy changes. It will seem to set and rise at different times. This is basic astronomy..

We can record the suns movement over the year..
en.wikipedia.org...

pophristov.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeDBZ

Here is a question for you. If someone were to personally tell you the sun seems to be coming up and setting farther north than normal, would you actually go and observe what they are saying and use a compass to plot it or would you just show them evidence from a book. I researched this sun thing and was surprised to find that noone that said something to explain it actually checked it themselves. They were quoting historical perception.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Alright. The sun has set. Normally driving due west on my road home, the sun in right in my face. Tonight it was shifted just a tad bit North, so as to be more over my right eye than my left. On Friday it was almost behind my right shoulder. That is quite a significant difference. I don't know why, nor do I know why it seems to only have been off just the one day. I hadn't paid attention until this post, so maybe it wasn't just for the one day and has been slowly shifting back towards the south.

I will check again tomorrow and if it has shift more towards my left eye then maybe that is what is happening. It still seems a bit odd to me, though not necessarily Earth shaking. I will be paying closer attention to the sky from now on. Just because my curiosity has been peaked.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Exactly my point. I am trying to check it myself. I looked at the position of the sun at 7:00 pm. I wanted to track it until sunset but of course real life got in the way and I had to go run some errands and couldn't follow through. But unless I figure it out for myself I am not going to rely on anything I read on the web.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

very good point. Maybe these sites were created as they are to warn us about a future event. I have asked several times if anyone has checked these sites lately and determined that they are still accurate. I also researched online but found nothing. I wonder when the last time someone stood at Stonehenge and compared the sun or moon's location in relation to it? Or the pyramids? Etc...

Maybe someone should go check if this hasn't been done lately....

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

It's interesting that I should happen upon your post.. Just a short while ago, while travelling home, using GPS with compass headings, heading NW i again noticed something odd. I am in Connecticut. The sun should NEVER be above due west, but travelling NW, the sun was off to my right! This was just a short while before sunset so it's not like it was high in the sky.. Like you, I have wondered this same thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

I live in rural west West Palm Beach. I tracked the sun for you today. Around noon it was almost directly over head, midway, my sky. As it started to set towards the west, it did a slight, mild, shift towards towards the north. It finally set in an position that I can best describe as a slight northwest. If due west was 12:00 o'clock; it set about at 1:00 o'clock. On Friday it set at about 3:00 o'clock.

Of course this is not scientific and is my best guesstimate.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
well i couldn't say if the sun has changed position, or not. however, it seems SO much brighter these days. lately when the sun is out i have to keep my gaze lowered. incredibly bright (even for the sun)

this was 6pm yesterday

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Then that would seem to point to the wobbling theory. If this is correct it would depend on how much wobble there is, the time it takes to complete a wobble, and what stage of wobble the planet is in as to how much of a deviation there is when viewing the sun and stars. Mid wobble it would probably appear that the celestial bodies are aligned correctly. At the end of each wobble these would appear to be deviated either too far north or too far south...

It seems like that would take someone who is much better at math and has much more time than I do to figure out the whole thing. I can probably figure out if there is a wobble but not how much, its rate, and full deviation at each end of the spectrum, etc. These would all be things we would need to find out. Then the question would be whether the wobble would continue, persist at the same rate, lessen over time or worsen? Then the question would be what affect would this have on weather patterns?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just did a quick search about whether the earth wobbles on its axis and found this... Anyone ever heard of the Chandler Wobble?

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
I live in Florida. I am looking now at the sunset. I have done this many times but I haven't looked in a while. It setting too far north. I wish I had a compass to measure it. Anyone else noticing this? Anyone interested who has a compass handy if you can record your position and the position of the sun maybe we can figure this out?

The sun isn't supposed to move. Therefore, I can only assume (if I am not crazy or disoriented) that the rotation of the earth is changing. I have read that the ice caps in Greenland have melted a significant amount in the last few days. Some say it is global warming or climate change. If the earth's rotation changes then the climate in many areas definitely would change. Essentially think about the equator... It is the hottest place on the planet because that is the middle. Directly east to west or vice versa. If the poles shift a little bit then the equator could begin to run through some other direction.

After the great Japan quake, the sun moved because the earth tilted more on it's axis. The sun used to shine in my kitchen window from being reflected from my neighbors window. It never does it anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Some more info I just found. Still lots more to do and then put everything together...

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well it seems like the earth does indeed wobble. I found this. I am not positive but it appears to come from NASA. It looks like the earth does wobble and the wobble changes every year. A minor wobble probably would not affect anything as it seems to always be wobbling (my logical conclusion). But a big wobble probably could have a significant impact. So this whole scenario seems plausible. The wobble does change yearly. Maybe it could change throughout the year. NASA seems to track it. I am sure someone at NASA would know if something unusual was happening. I am not sure whether that information would become public. They may sit on it a while and hope it goes away before sounding an alarm...

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The japan quake was big but it wasnt the biggest. There is almost always an earthquake happening somewhere on the planet. First are they sure the japan quake and not another one caused that. and secondly why would other quakes not cause the same thing?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
the people in the city just blow it off there lucky to see stars..we saw a big change to the north in the sun & the moon wasnt where it should be or was for years your not crazy but theres nothing we can do except revolve with the changes. with the drout where we live we could be wareing white robes in another year & rideing camels

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm still thinking it is a refraction or reflection thing. If the atmosphere expands as it does during high solar activity it brings the focal point out farther so the sun appears to set farther north. Our earths fields are constantly changing in response to solar activity. If this is the case than the sun isn't actually changing but is just appearing more north in the morning and evening. Look how much the size of the moon can change just by these effects. Could even be something to do with metalics in the atmosphere from eruptions or forest fires....or the controversial chemtrail

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join