The position of the sun has changed. I can see it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
Exactly. I recall checking even my astronomy software from 85-90s on my old commodore amiga system last time such a thread popped up. It showed the same as stellarium, which proves again that nothing has changed.
I really wish people here could use their head a bit. It seems like people are so bored that they want to believe something has changed.

You're really going to accept what a computer program says over empirical observation? Hello - your computer does not observe the sky. Every time a thread like this comes along, everyone takes the opportunity to strut their knowledge of celestial mechanics, but this takes the cake. I thought our motto was "Deny Ignorance," not "Deny Our Senses."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Good grief, if the OP isn't trolling then someone needs to take him out back and whack him with an Astronomy 101 stick.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Exactly. I recall checking even my astronomy software from 85-90s on my old commodore amiga system last time such a thread popped up. It showed the same as stellarium, which proves again that nothing has changed.
I really wish people here could use their head a bit. It seems like people are so bored that they want to believe something has changed.

You're really going to accept what a computer program says over empirical observation? Hello - your computer does not observe the sky. Every time a thread like this comes along, everyone takes the opportunity to strut their knowledge of celestial mechanics, but this takes the cake. I thought our motto was "Deny Ignorance," not "Deny Our Senses."

The point is that a software program written 20-30 years ago is correlating with both a recently written program and the observable data. Pretty conclusive evidence that nothing has changed.

I made the effort about six months ago to use a 10 year old nautical almanac and apply annual corrections in order to calculate a gyro compass error. As usual, it was 0.5 degrees high. The exact same error I have calculated on that gyro, in that latitude every time.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just so we have a future date to look forward to,,, At the Fall Equinox,, I will let you know if this is true.
I have a Telephone pole at the west end of my yard and every year the Sun sets directly behind it on the Equinox's I was not looking at the spring one,, but will make sure I see the sunset on the Autumn one so I can give you a heads up...

I am sure no one has moved the telephone pole,,, so safe bet on its correctness and measure of where the sun is,,,, as it is supposed to be.]

so ya'll come back now in September,,,

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The Sun has never moved...ever..except for as a "centerpiece' as our unvierse as we travel with it through space.

It is the Earth that changes angle, rotatiion and such.

Its our constantly changing relationship to it...that changes...therefore you observe that and not the sun changing spots.

Your thought parallells how people used to think the Earth is flat because staring out to see...you cant see over the edge...therefore you'll eventually get there and fall off.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monicle
Good grief, if the OP isn't trolling then someone needs to take him out back and whack him with an Astronomy 101 stick.

i wouldn't go that far since there is data on such an anomaly from Cornell University.

Within the Newtonian framework, we considered the
action of an almost circular massive ring modeling the
Edgeworth-Kuiper belt of Trans-Neptunian Objects, but it
does not induce secular variations of e. In principle, a viable
candidate would be a putative trans-Plutonian massive
object (PlanetX/Nemesis/Tyche), recently revamped to accommodate
certain features of the architecture of the Kuiper
belt and of the distribution of the comets in the Oort cloud,
since it would cause a non-vanishing long-term variation of
the eccentricity. Actually, the values for its mass and distance
needed to explain the empirically determined increase
of the lunar eccentricity would be highly unrealistic and in
contrast with the most recent viable theoretical scenarios for
the existence of such a body. For example, a terrestrial-sized
body should be located at just 30 au, while an object with
the mass of Jupiter should be at 200 au.
Thus, in conclusion, the issue of finding a satisfactorily
explanation of the observed orbital anomaly of the Moon
still remains open. Our analysis should have effectively restricted
the field of possible explanations, indirectly pointing
towards either non-gravitational, mundane effects or some
artifacts in the data processing. Further data analyses, hopefully
performed by independent teams, should help in shedding
further light on such an astrometric anomaly.

arxiv.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

An anomaly that is imperceptible to the human eye and is LUNAR!!!

How is that related to the OP assertion the sun is out of whack?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

An anomaly that is imperceptible to the human eye and is LUNAR!!!

How is that related to the OP assertion the sun is out of whack?

it points to the possibility of such outside forces being present, that could be responsible for such occurrences.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Changes depending on the season, It happens every year.

Your not crazy, just unobservant.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

If I had measured it using a compass on July 28 of last year and compared it to this year I am sure it would be much more north right now. But since I never predicted this would happen I cannot prove it. But it doesn't seem to be right.

Do it now, for next year! Unless the 2012 at the end of your name signifies that you believe in the end times?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What the heck are you talking about?? And what is with the person that stared your post??

You are proving our point by saying that a computer doesn't observe the sky. It means that what was written into a computer as a sky chart years ago is set. It hasn't changed. So if the sun or Earth is suddenly not where it should be, how is it that the old charts still line up with where the sun is now? That is pretty solid evidence.

Unless you think that 10s of thousands of astronomers, both professional and Amateur are cooperating with some as yet undetermined force to keep this under wraps for some as yet undetermined reason and thousands of other devices such as auto point telescopes built years ago have been secretly reprogrammed somehow and all of the satellites and solar observation space probes have been secretly repositioned and Stone-hedge and the Aztec monuments which are aligned to the solstice have been (somehow) secretly moved.

If you have absolutely no idea about a subject then you really shouldn't be engaging in a technical debate about it. It just produces untrue information for others that are here trying to understand what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Russia too has voiced concern. And now the eminent astrophysicist, Alexey Demetriev ["PLANETOPHYSICAL STATE OF
THE EARTH AND LIFE"] claims what is happening is worse—much worse—than what NASA and the ESA have admitted: ( Link to read full article: djosiris.blogspot.com )

Judging by Alexey Demetriev choice of words while talking about what NASA admitted, I'll have to say it's either an Ice Age that's on horizon or Planet X is really approching and it's beginning to put stress on our orbitual system.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
The Sun has never moved...ever..except for as a "centerpiece' as our unvierse as we travel with it through space.

It is the Earth that changes angle, rotatiion and such.

Its our constantly changing relationship to it...that changes...therefore you observe that and not the sun changing spots.

Your thought parallells how people used to think the Earth is flat because staring out to see...you cant see over the edge...therefore you'll eventually get there and fall off.

With this much motion, it's a marvel that the Earth doesn't have an unstable orbit! I love space.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But then please explain why astronomy software still shows the sun being in correct place as well as the stars and planets.
Also explain why there is no change where I live. It is not possible for it to change only in localized areas.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Are you dumb??? Again explain why software from late 80s-early 90s is still correct? This is not about trusting software. Old software that has not been updated still matches the sky TODAY this would not be possible if the tilt changed.
And again I will repeat that nothing has changed here right south of arctic circle, even though a small change of less than one degree would be very NOTICEABLE for everyone here. And it is a FACT that human memories are not reliable. During witness testimonial there is always some differences between various witnesses which is due to the fact that our memories are not a 100% recording of events that happened. Memories can even change over time or even be influenced by others without you even noticing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Monicle

i wouldn't go that far since there is data on such an anomaly from Cornell University.

arxiv.org...

Did you read what you posted?:

Our analysis should have effectively restricted the field of possible explanations, indirectly pointing towards either non-gravitational, mundane effects or some artifacts in the data processing

Also, for future reference this isn't from Cornell University. Cornell just hosts the arxiv archieves. Any one can post a paper there and they aren't peer reviewed.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I figured as much. I haven't noticed anything different about the sun myself but, I am always on the NASA site and I saw this post and it reminded me about that article. Just thought I would share it

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ive just created a new post about the 'waste of time' post that people are creating.#
This is one of them!
mmm , if you think the sun has changed posisition then maybe you need glasses, not answers on ATS!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Sorry about the typo, caused a bit of a problem. Wasn't my intention.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesyleps

The point is that a software program written 20-30 years ago is correlating with both a recently written program and the observable data. Pretty conclusive evidence that nothing has changed.

I made the effort about six months ago to use a 10 year old nautical almanac and apply annual corrections in order to calculate a gyro compass error. As usual, it was 0.5 degrees high. The exact same error I have calculated on that gyro, in that latitude every time.

Looks like you've done your homework, and that's commendable. If what you say is true, however, what am I to make of what I've heard about airports having to shut down to re-do their navigational aids?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join