It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 2012 believers think that storms on Earth would be due to an unknown planet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Our weather is driven by the heat of the Sun. The Moon does not cause weather and it is close. The Moon does not heat the atmosphere as does the Sun.

It isn't too long between claims of a flood here or a storm there or a drought or something or other is due to an unknown planet.

I am interested in knowing why people think that our weather is affected by other planets - known or unknown.

For example, do people think that storms are more common when Jupiter is in the sky, or Venus or Mars?
Do people think that the Moon or the tides affect weather? Are temperature fluctuations due to anything other than the Sun? Do planets change the energy output of the Sun?

Can anyone explain how weather is connected to other planets?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You should know better than to attempt this.

Unless the goal is to intentionally give yourself a migraine, you should never try to find logic within the reasoning of 'doomsayers'.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Beleive in 2012? It is 2012.

Re Planets effecting weather, probably due to the alleged cellestial body having an effect on the sun disturbing it and therefore effecting our weather. As you said the sun effects our weather.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

If the unknown planet is niburu, people believe that it will crash through the solar system like a bowling ball and pull the planets slightly out of their orbits causing insane tidal waves and changes of gravity followed by a rain of meteors.
Of course, we would see it in the sky by now. Your sun dog is either real or it's not..

ETA different orbits or changes in gravity would surely effect the weather.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Some people are crazy
Some people make stuff up
Some people lie
Usally all 3 when it comes to niburu.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The moon and the tides definitely have an impact on our weather. Where I live whenever there are king tides, full moon,in the wet season there is always a tropical low and high rainfall. You have no facts in your OP just opinions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

The Sun does affect our weather. I stated that because that is the heat engine driving our weather system.

You suggest that planets affect the Sun, which in turn affects the Earth. I have not run into that before. Could you provide an example of where a planet affects the Sun?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

Why would a new planet affect gravity? Does the Moon affect our gravity?

If a planet changed the Earth's orbit wouldn't it be easier to notice by seeing that the star charts are no longer valid? That would be a lot easier than waiting for changes in the weather.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UsualSuspect

The moon and the tides definitely have an impact on our weather. Where I live whenever there are king tides, full moon,in the wet season there is always a tropical low and high rainfall. You have no facts in your OP just opinions.

Your post is just your personal guess with no facts to back them up.

I purposely did not include any links in the OP since that matches up with the presentations of claims of wild weather being caused by a unknown planet.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

The moon has no statistical effect on the weather...there is a minute effect on atmospheric pressure.

NOAA

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Wrong, the Sun solar flares DO NOT affect our weather. Like it is not so hot in the summer compared to some other years because the Sun is entering its maximum in 2013. That has nothing to do with the weather, only solar storms (magnetic storms) are a result of it.

At this time the flares released by the sun are not that much to damage the electricity, even if such were released, they can be directed to other direction of space, not necessarily the Earth.,

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Each planet
star
nebula
moon
black hole
light beam
CELESTIAL OBJECT

carry a charge so why is it hard to believe that when these objects come close to each other they effect each others natural activities going on?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I know growing up in science class many of you remember the hole and sphere project where the sphere at normal temp would go into the hole but once the sphere was charged or heated it expanded. Make sphere a planet (EA*RTH) in your mind and the charge or heat from SOL or ANOTHER CELESTIAL. IT EXPANDS and expanding planet has modified ocean waves crust movements weather patterns as these all have some form of electromagnatisim associated with them. Water waves electro field planet crust electro field weather electro field. ANOTHER STAR OR PLANET WITH HEAVY MASS WILL EFFECT THESE FIELDS WITH ITS OWN FIELD. didnt mention NIBIRUS 3 until now

edit on 7/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Each planet
star
nebula
moon
black hole
light beam
CELESTIAL OBJECT

carry a charge so why is it hard to believe that when these objects come close to each other they effect each others natural activities going on?

Where did you read that? it's gravityand graviational pull or the lack of it...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Gravity is part of charge process.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is an indirect answer/opinion... I think it initially boils down to the fact that many conspiracy theorists are just like regular sheeple. The 'Believers' usually fall into one of two groups from what I can tell. A) They lack and require some kind of rigid belief system, and so they adopt one that is convenient. B) They do not actually believe, but have become mesmerized in a similar way that a sports fan obsesses over their home team. Essentially it has become entertainment.

Of course I am generalizing, it may not always be that black/white and I assume there are critical thinkers out there that are researching it.

To give the believers a boost... I did read an article not too long ago where an astronomer was able to explain several gravitational anomolies in outter solar system by the additon of a planet into an elongated orbit. According to his calculations the planet would never have any significant gravitational effect on our inner solar system, and would barely be visible on most telescopes at its closest distance from earth. He believes it was knocked out of orbit from a neighboring solar system and is responsible for asteroids/comets being pulled out of the oort cloud. I can't remember the exact name but it gave the impression he did have some level of credibility in the scientific community. He makes no reference to Nibiru, PlanetX, or Nemesis....
edit on 25-7-2012 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Although most objects do have some net charge it is so small as to be undetectable in most cases.

You suspect that charges can influence other places. Do you have any evidence of charges affecting weather? Do you have any indications that a charge can create weather conditions? How close do you think a charge has to be to affect other objects?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Gravity is part of charge process.

Gravity is not related to charge. Gravity is a force without charge. It only attracts.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

The astronomer you refer to did a computer simulation showing the possible existence of an object far away. That object would never affect the weather of the Earth.

I have seen tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and even exploding watermelons labeled as evidence for a new planet. What I do not understand is why someone thinks that a new planet would affect our weather.

So far we have one possible reason:
1. gravity is a charge (which science does not agree with)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Great thread stereo and normally I'd jump right onto this " Nibiru and 2012 folk make no sense" bandwagon, but why not play devil's advocate a bit?

Electric Universe Theory.

Accounts for everything.

~Tenth
edit on 7/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join