It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, not every site. That's like saying SportsCenter only promotes one team. That is ridiculous because SportsCenter presents all the teams. The same thing applies to some websites.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Have you done everything on that list to make you a sound hermeneuticist? Or have you let others do that for you? My money is others, how can you put so much trust in other men?
edit on 29-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Bro, I'm still trying to get you to follow the first rule. Forget the other 30 for now. Let's concentrate on contextual theology.

Baby steps, remember you just Googled the term today.

Have you even done the first step yourself? I don't think you have, so you have no authority to expect me to do it.

Don't lie to yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am 23, why?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No, not every site. That's like saying SportsCenter only promotes one team. That is ridiculous because SportsCenter presents all the teams. The same thing applies to some websites.

Well, go look...I linked Wikipedia for you.

Says the same thing.

Maybe it got hacked by the Christians?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Have you done everything on that list to make you a sound hermeneuticist? Or have you let others do that for you? My money is others, how can you put so much trust in other men?

Bro, I'm still trying to get you to follow the first rule. Forget the other 30 for now. Let's concentrate on contextual theology.

Baby steps, remember you just Googled the term today.

Have you even done the first step yourself? I don't think you have, so you have no authority to expect me to do it.

Don't lie to yourself.

You're joking right? I've been asking you to apply the context of Christ's statement for PAGES now. That is rule. #1

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I am 23, why?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yes, I made a mistake, I'm only human. It must be nice to be so perfect as you to never have made a mistake in your life.

Have you taken the first step yourself? If not then you are a hypocrite. Like I said, don't lie to yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Where within step one does it say you must take what Jesus says as literal? Please point it out because I must have missed it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes, I made a mistake, I'm only human. It must be nice to be so perfect as you to never have made a mistake in your life.

Have you taken the first step yourself? If not then you are a hypocrite. Like I said, don't lie to yourself.

No, you're so combative you won't let anyone teach you anything. Yes I've taken the first step, anytime I read scripture I first consider the context. I'm with a good heart trying to explain something to you that you yourself admitted you had to Google today.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Where within step one does it say you must take what Jesus says as literal? Please point it out because I must have missed it.

I didn't say that. I said the first rule is to consider the context.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I'll ask again, where within that first step does it say anything about having to take what Jesus said as literal?

You are implying that since I am not taking what Jesus says as literal that I have already failed step one, which step one says nothing about literal interpretation of what Jesus says.

Are you seeing the contradiction in that?

ETA: Where have you gotten the idea that I am being combative? If I am being combative to you then you are being combative with me because we are both doing the same thing: stating our cases.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

If that is the case then I more than just 'considered' it for 22 years, I believed it and took it as literal. I have moved past that stage and have realized after considering it for 22 years, that it is not factual when read literally.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The word 'christ' refers to consciousness. Christ is not the surname of Jesus and Jesus is not the path - Christ is. Another way of saying 'christ' is 'I am'.
'I am' is said in the present tense, it is not 'I was' or 'I will'.
'I am' the truth, the way and the life.
'Christ' is right now (presence).
This moment is the narrow path. Humans walk the wide path of all past and all future, they are lost in time.
Gods presence is present now and without the presence of God nothing could appear. Life can only appear now, presently.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Stay with 'I am' and you will know Heaven.
Believe in 'I was' or 'I will' and you will know Hell.

'I am' the truth, the way and the life.
'I was' and 'I will' are not truth, they are imaginings (deception).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The word 'christ' refers to consciousness. Christ is not the surname of Jesus and Jesus is not the path - Christ is. Another way of saying 'christ' is 'I am'.

So, he was actually called Jesus-I-am? Wow! Amazing... Did he release a song called 'I've got a feeling': about a night out he was planning to the garden of gethsemane?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour

So, he was actually called Jesus-I-am? Wow! Amazing... Did he release a song called 'I've got a feeling': about a night out he was planning to the garden of gethsemane?

No Jesus was not called Jesus-I-am. I said Christ is not the surname of Jesus. Jesus was Jesus of Nazareth, in those days there were no surnames. Christ is the message (messiah).

Jesus said ''I am' the way, the truth and the life'. He did not say 'Jesus is the way the truth and the life'.

Before Abraham was, I am.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Everyone knows Christ isn't His surname! "Christos" is simply the Greek term for the Hebrew "Moshiyach" (Messiah). It means "anointed".

When Peter said "you are THE Christ, THE Son of the Living God" he used two definite articles. The use of the definite article "the" (hu in Greek) signifies a special unique one different from any other. "Hu Christos" means "the (one and only) Christ."

edit on 29-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

You are the 'christ'. You are 'this moment'.
This moment and you are inseparable, it is one.
'I am' is now and me combined - it is one. This is what Jesus was trying to tell everyone.

Come to this moment and you will know the father, the source of all.
Humans don't come to this moment, they live in time. When you realize that this moment is all there is you will be with the father.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I am not "THE" Christ. I just explained the significance of the definite article "the" (hu) in Greek. It signifies a specific unique one, different from any and all others. Jesus is THE Christ, "Hu Christos".

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am not "THE" Christ. I just explained the significance of the definite article "the" (hu) in Greek. It signifies a specific unique one, different from any and all others. Jesus is THE Christ, "Hu Christos".

Your explanation explains nothing.
Have you found God?

There is no 'other'. 'This' right here and right now is all there is. 'This moment' is Christ and through this moment God can be found.
Humans look elsewhere for God when there is no elsewhere.

'This moment' is unique in that it is the only real, it is the only truth. Any thing else is mind made (imaginings/thought). Christ is this moment of reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join