It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 17
13
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 


That's because you're not open-minded enough to understand it. You admitted you are a narrow-minded person after all.




posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Not only that, Jesus said HE is the way. HE is the only path and gate to the Father. Every other thing, way, religion, et cetra et cetra is the "broad way" that leads to destruction and many (the majority) there be that find it."
I think what you are doing is changing the original intent of the 'path' saying by Jesus and conflating it with the 'way' saying to make a your own custom saying to where it is only about choosing which path to take, and nothing about the path itself, which is walking in the ways of righteousness.


A path is a way. Oftentimes you see the two words joined together as in "pathway". They are synonyms. And it is all about Jesus, He is the Way/path/gate to the Father. Absolutely nothing else.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Muslims would say otherwise. They believe in Muhammad just as you believe in Christ. If you believe that Muhammad can be a false prophet then what makes you think Jesus isn't? Both the Jesus and Muhammad myth stem from Abraham and are both born from the same family. They are both parts of a family filled with lies.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 


Christ wasn't comparing his followers to another religions followers. He was comparing His followers to all that do not follow Him. And furthered to state His followers would be the minority. By very liberal estimates His followers make up 33% of the population, that leaves those who do not follow Him at 67%.

33 is the few, 67 is the many.


Muhammed wasn't comparing his followers to other religions followers. He was comparing his followers to all that do not follow him. By very liberal estimates, his followers make up 21% of the population, that leaves those who do not follow him at 79%.

21 is the few, 79 is the many.

See how that goes both ways?
edit on 28-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


Muhammad's followers reject Jesus Christ as the Way. That automatically puts them out of the "Jesus is the Way" camp.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Muslims would say otherwise. They believe in Muhammad just as you believe in Christ. If you believe that Muhammad can be a false prophet then what makes you think Jesus isn't? Both the Jesus and Muhammad myth stem from Abraham and are both born from the same family. They are both parts of a family filled with lies.


Muhammad taught it's okay to lie to further Islam. Muhammad got a woody over a 9 year old girl.

Let's be serious. Muhammad couldn't even see as a prophet that the goat was poisoned.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Personally, I have always believed that the "Narrow Way" wasn't Christianity, but rather, the correct application of Christianity. Let's face it, following Christ isn't easy -- and I suspect that people who go to church on Sunday and ignore him the rest of the week are those who may be included in the "Lord Lord", "I never knew you" teaching. A lot of people who consider themselves "saved" might be in for a rude awakening.


This is true, why i said a lot of those numbers (2 billion) are not the "few" Christ spoke of. Lots of folks play church, and lots of people think they are saved because they said a magic prayer one day when they were 5 at Bible school while gluing macaroni on a paper plate. My contention is Christ is the Way, the narrow path, the gate. Not religion.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I never said Muhammad was the truth, what I am saying is that both Jesus and Muhammad are descendants of Abraham, and they are both the messiahs of their respective 'Abrahamic' religion. If Muhammad is a liar in your opinion, why would it be any different for Jesus?

They both descend from the same person.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I never said Muhammad was the truth, what I am saying is that both Jesus and Muhammad are descendants of Abraham, and they are both the messiahs of their respective 'Abrahamic' religion. If Muhammad is a liar in your opinion, why would it be any different for Jesus?

They both descend from the same person.


Mohammed never claimed to be a saviour, Ace.

You've likely unleashed a dozen Jihads on your backside for proclaiming that he did



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Yet Muslims say the same thing about Muhammad, and both Muhammad and Jesus are descendants of Abraham. Are you starting to see the connection yet? Probably not.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Have you done all of that on the list yourself? If you haven't then that makes you a hypocrite.

That website is clearly a christian fundamentalist website, try a less biased source next time, maybe wikipedia or dictionary? Of course they're going to give me a long list of things to do, they are completely biased.

Why are you ignoring the definition that is at the top of the page? I am clearly doing what that definition says, so yes I am using hermeneutics exactly the right way. I am interpreting what the bible says into real world standards.


Try a less biased source sometime? Circumstantial ad hominem. Where should I direct you to for instructions on how to properly interpret scripture? A pro Atheist site? Pro Islam?

Oooops, almost forgot:

Biblical Hermeneutics ~ wikipedia



edit on 29-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 


Would you say that Jesus was a prophet? A prophet from god?



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by adjensen
 


Would you say that Jesus was a prophet? A prophet from god?


??? You're really not that clueless, are you?

No, Jesus wasn't a prophet.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


An unbiased site means no affiliation with any belief system. Your website affiliates with fundamentalists. An example of a non-biased website is wikipedia or any other site unaffiliated with any belief system.

Not a very hard concept to grasp.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen
 



prophet [ prof-it ]

1. a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

2. a person who practices divination.


Jesus fits both of those definitions. So tell me, how was Jesus not a prophet?
edit on 29-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


What a coincidence, prophet sounds EXACTLY like profit. Isn't that just a strange coincidence?
edit on 29-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Have you done everything on that list to make you a sound hermeneuticist? Or have you let others do that for you? My money is others, how can you put so much trust in other men?
edit on 29-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


I never said Muhammad was the truth, what I am saying is that both Jesus and Muhammad are descendants of Abraham, and they are both the messiahs of their respective 'Abrahamic' religion. If Muhammad is a liar in your opinion, why would it be any different for Jesus?

They both descend from the same person.


What? So did Cain and Abel, what in the world is that supposed to prove?



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


It means they are both fictional ideas, including Cain and Abel.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Have you done everything on that list to make you a sound hermeneuticist? Or have you let others do that for you? My money is others, how can you put so much trust in other men?
edit on 29-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)


Bro, I'm still trying to get you to follow the first rule. Forget the other 30 for now. Let's concentrate on contextual theology.

Baby steps, remember you just Googled the term today.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


It means they are both fictional ideas, including Cain and Abel.


How old are you? Serious Q.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


An unbiased site means no affiliation with any belief system. Your website affiliates with fundamentalists. An example of a non-biased website is wikipedia or any other site unaffiliated with any belief system.

Not a very hard concept to grasp.


Okay, please direct me to the site owned and operated by robots. EVERYONE has presuppositions.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join