It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians... riddle me this!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's why all people know murder is wrong without being taught.

Is that why the death penalty is still legal in Texas?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If it appeals to god it must apply to him as well. Would they put someone in the position of a judge if they could not discern moral from immoral? No, because if they couldn't apply what was good to what they think good is, there would be a lot of guilty people going free. If they do not know good from bad, they wouldn't put in that position to judge who is guilty and who is innocent.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Man is the inventor of morals. If anyone should decide what morals are, it should be us. But we base it on a system of logic that is emotionally based...it's hard to measure emotion, and morals on based on an emotional scale.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
What i want to know is... what next? Do we just sit around smiling...."yay we made it!"

Once you're with Jesus, what will you do together?

What is there to do in heaven with Jesus once you get there?

Remember the '2 witnesses' they were with God in heaven but they will be sent back here on Earth to prophesy (because Christians has not been doing their work)

Then they will be overtaken and killed.

Heaven doesn't want cowards. Heaven only wants those who will give it all up even his/her life for God's sake. Heaven needs people of great courage, a zealot for justice and righteousness, and one with great compassion for no reason.
edit on 14-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Thanks for the reply...

This heaven sounds like a military training camp...

Wouldn't you think heaven would be a place of rest... considering this is a place of war/chaos

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

a zealot for justice and righteousness

Usually, it's the zealots that make your "God" look like "Satan"...

and one with great compassion for no reason.

I don't see compassion and righteousness keeping company very well...

Heaven doesn't want cowards. Heaven only wants those who will give it all up even his/her life for God's sake.

Stop acting like you know anything about a place you can't even prove exists, let alone been to. It's painful to read!

edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The real truth is, they are intolerant of "religionists" telling them to join the ranks of whatever cult or they'll burn in hell...

then why are they listening? even more puzzling is why they are believing it...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Probably because they don't want to go to a fictional place where they'll suffer forever. Just a guess though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's why all people know murder is wrong without being taught.

Is that why the death penalty is still legal in Texas?

Here in Indiana too. Just because people know it's wrong to murder doesn't stop people from doing what they know to be wrong for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If it appeals to god it must apply to him as well. Would they put someone in the position of a judge if they could not discern moral from immoral? No, because if they couldn't apply what was good to what they think good is, there would be a lot of guilty people going free. If they do not know good from bad, they wouldn't put in that position to judge who is guilty and who is innocent.

Not true. Compare an example of parents with teenage kids. They make a "rule of the house" that there are to be no alcohol in the children's rooms. It's their house, they pay pay the bills correct? Okay, that rule "APPEALS" to the parent's authority, and it "APPLIES" to all their teenage children.

Under that rule can the parents have wine in the wine seller? Are they bound by their rule for their teenage children?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Probably because they don't want to go to a fictional place where they'll suffer forever. Just a guess though.

well for not believing in the supposed fictional place they sure seem scared of it

scared of Heaven and scared of Hell... sheesh what wimps!
edit on 15-8-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

(post by Rhaegar7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rhaegar7

Uhm... Wow

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yeah. My gem was removed. I felt it was a little too much after I wrote it. I would have toned it down a bit.

In my defense, the whole Christian religion is at least as offensive to me, as my post was. I feel one has to revert to such desperate attempts in order to somehow reach the programmed servants of the Matrix. My own mother is still convinced she'll go to Heaven with Jesus and it drives me nuts.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

For years i've been hearing christians say "we go to heaven to be with Jesus"... That is the untimate goal...To be with him for eternity. Now im not making fun here... I seriously want to know what you think...

Depends upon which avenue of Christianity or whether many sects of Christianity are truly biblical. I guess that is the main reason for so many bibles and denominations of Christianity. The books of both Isaiah and of Revelation tells us of a new heaven and new earth along with a celestial city called New Jerusalem. In this timeless existence we never grow old or sick and can go in and out of the city whenever we want. We are given a new celestial body that is fed from the trees and waters of life and I assume [by scriptures] that the new body has restrictions similar to what we have now.

The laws of eternity are still present from what I understand and from some Messianic Jewish beliefs we attend schools to learn a universal language and other mysteries of eternal life. We build a new and righteous civilization and our races and names still exist. How all of this is measured is one great mystery being that the celestial existence is timeless. There is some speculation that we become as the substance of the angels and that there may be other civilizations and creations that we become assigned to just as angels are messengers to us now. There may be trillions of creations of which we also become assigned to oversee.

The new city [New Jerusalem] sets upon the new earth as a 1,500 mile cubed structure with three gates on each of its four sides. The gates are guarded so that the sinners on the new earth cannot enter the holy city of life. Isaiah and John both agree that the sinners on this new earth are the children who were aborted or lives taken from having any accountability. These children are given 100 years of life and then die and are judged in the very same manner as we today die and are judged.

The difference here is that these children who were given their chance of life and die as sinners will then be cast into the lake of fire. At this point there is no hell. Hell has already been cast into the lake of fire. Those children who became justified will then be given all of the heavenly gifts and allowed to enter and leave the New Jerusalem.

Now after this point the scriptures are silent as to what is next. All of the Adamic seed has played out their purpose in this terrestrial creation but not in the celestial creation. Jesus then hands over all power back to the Most High and God remains one.

Here is where you must rely upon outside literature to form other opinions.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
The Bible doesn't tell what's next. The main teaching of Christianity is about saving oneself through Christ. The purpose doesn't interest me, which is why I'm not a christian. My mother brought me to this world not because of the sin of ancestors, but because of love. Therefore I do not need Christ teaching about saving and redemption. But I do need a guide on the what's next matter. Will I be burn in hell for rejecting Christ? Will I be reincarnated for not achieving nirvana state? Or will I cease to nothing after death? Will I become ghost forever wandering this plane? There are so much questions, and yet no definite answers.

Al-Quran mentioned, you could wish anything in heaven, that you will never age, you will drink the finest wine from river, you can wish for the most beautiful companion etc..

But when I asked the moslems, can I become a god in heaven so that I take revenge on Adam's demised? They can't answer. Not even Al-Quran has all the answers. Like the rest of Abrahamic texts, none can offer reward I desire the most. Everything is about salvation. Everything is about obedience. Everything is about escaping eternal damnation and slavery. Everything is pathetic excuse to control. I hate my life being doctrined in such way and I don't believe that.

I believe in greater purpose, whether in this life or next. There's must be a reason why God bring us all here. And God will not tell you anymore. The time of prophets has long passed. It's up to us to find the answers ourselves.

What do you seek in the afterlife?

edit on 25-1-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

What do you seek in the afterlife?

personally?

nothing... i only await its coming

Thanks for your reply

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join