It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand Jesus. Please god no more.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

And that 80+% is shrinking more and more everyday.

Just because an idea is popular does not mean it's right. That's called an argument from popularity, which is a logical fallacy. The popularity of religion only proves that it is popular, not its validity.
edit on 24-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Oatmeal

This comic is relevant to many people on this thread. Not baiting, but I think it's funny. As always, The Oatmeal hits the nail right on the head.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's not Jesus or God that I can't stand. It's the people who have to try to convert everyone. It also bugs the crap out of me when I see or hear someone say they are praying for trivial stuff. If there is a God, then why can't God answer the prayers of a starving kid, or a child being abused? Is your God too busy for them because he's answering your prayer to pass your drivers test? How can you believe your insignificant prayers are being answered when Johnny took his last breath after a miserable death from starving? What's more important? DId Johnny have less faith than you did?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Its that kind of vain thinking that's why you don't understand. It says it takes the faith of a mustard seed, everything happens for a reason, a childs suffering is seen in your eyes as what worth? God has no respect of persons. He sees your for what your really are,

God is not blind to anyone suffering because he's with every person at every moment in your life.

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

1 Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Your life is already worked out, you have to turn away from your wickedness and this perception. Or you'll surely die.

Proverbs 23:30
Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?

Everyone has trials and tribulations in their life you find yourself were you are because of your works.

If you cant stand Jesus you cant stand yourself,

I'll be praying to our maker through Jesus, for you OP. Maybe you can give up on trying to control and open your ears and eyes to the truth.

Some of the avatars in here say it all, what you stand for.

edit on 24-7-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNamesZeppelin
You amuse me for asking God to relieve you of Jesus,
very contradictory if you ask me.
The more you run away from Him, the more He loves you.

Sounds kinda like stalkerish behavior to me... Creepy. I always felt like the idea of an all seeing all knowing deity was weird and voyeuristic.

I'll never forget the first time I went to a church service. It made me very nervous and I couldn't help feeling scared by watching how people worship Jesus and believe so fully in the bible. I felt like I was witnessing something from the outside... Like I was the only one who realized what was going on.

I'm not sure what is going on beyond this world, but I definitely think religion doesn't even come close to adequately explaining it. I'm reserving my judgement until I see some solid proof as it's just not in my nature to blindly believe in anything, and if I'm wrong and Jesus is real and I end up in hell because I used my free will to think for myself then so be it. That doesn't sound like my kind of peeps anyway so I won't be missing much by not being invited!

Edit to Add: I also have a Problem with the idea that you can be a horrible person your entire life and as long as you accept Jesus before your last breath you will be forgiven, yet even if you are a good person your whole life you automatically go to hell if you don't drink the kool aid? Nope... Definitely not my crowd at all.
edit on 24-7-2012 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Its only voyeuristic if you don't realize God's judgment. Maybe the reason you feel like an outsider is because you are. I felt somewhat the same when I first set foot in a church, and I was going through quite a struggle at the time with myself. Its because the concept of real love and fellowship is foreign concept to a vagabond.

Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

If it says things like, those that sin are worthy of death and sin is the destruction of the flesh, I challenge to a person that doesn't believe in hell to ponder on that for awhile. Just atleast try.

He is the inspector of the fruit.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I'm tired of Jesus Christ. Makes me want to take his name in vain then slam my face on a wall.

How can you be tired of someone, you are not expressing any knowledge of knowing? That's like me being tired of Osama, even though, I never knew him - just what the people said.

To me it is just absolutely crazy some of the things I read about him.

I don't know what you're reading but, maybe you're reading the wrong things? Are you reading from the bible, facebook, internet - in general? Is that all you're doing is reading? What about testimonies? Are you seeking personal testimonies, by word of mouth? Try asking a few christians how and why they believe what they believe.

They say to let people believe what they want, okay you do that but i'm going to let you know,
it hurts watching people piss their lives away on a meaningless manipulative ploy.

That's why i'm going to let you believe what you want! After all, what's the meaning of free will - without good or evil.You either have the will to do one or the other. You think it doesn't hurt for christians to watch you follow your own will blindly?

I typed Jesus into facebook public posts which I shouldn't have, but because my curiousity was piqued at just how many people this very second were thinking or talking about Jesus.

Wait lemme get this straight? Man forsakes Jesus. Man then becomes curious of all things Jesus trending now*. I must say, that you are on to something. I don't think this was a mistake posting this. You have questions, through Jesus - they will be answered.

WTF YOU PEOPLE ARE DELUSIONAL!!! SERIOUSLY FREAKIN DELUSIONAL.

As opposed to whom? You? Atheist? ALL of religion?

"Jesus Gave Up His Life That You And I Can Be Free From Sin..."
These people have been infected with a social disease.

Again, you speak without knowing who and what Jesus stands for. It's pretty clear that this is an attempted attack, that will not break even the weakest minds in Jesus.

"Even if the world deserts me, I have Jesus. I have it all by the grace of God"
No you won't.

Yes, you will/do! Jesus is in us, and we are in him. Are you saying that if you and the world turned their backs on me, that Jesus is/will no longer be in me, nor I in him?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Name any verse in the bible that explains what god is and you can apply that to the universe and what is. The bible isn't explaining a god that is separate from our universe, it is explaining the universe itself.

The only reason christians associate god with a seperate entity is because man put 'him' and 'he' and 'I' to somehow give god (nature) a persona. God is the fabric of the universe, how it works, what it is and always will be.
edit on 24-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What makes you think that, that is how Christians think. Infact that's pretty contrary. Its probably the more illegitimate Bible believers (the ones that don't confess that Jesus came in the flesh as the son of God) that see it like that. If you take the word of God as being literal,

I had a lot of ideas of what God is, I never really thought about him being a person, but one thing I realized is that the eternal God is literally everything that is. That's what makes him personal. If everything is created through the word and was spoken into existence.

If you look at Exodus,

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

You read the word of god in the context of something that is self-aware and has intent and actually has a voice to speak with. This is not the case. Nature on a universal scale has no voice and has no intent, it's just that we on Earth see god as something with intent because most can't look at the bigger picture, we have to associate god with ourselves in a way, namely self-aware and with intent.

In order to see what it truly means, you have to read it the same way but in a different context. You can read it literally, but you have to read it in the context of reality, what is known to be natural.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Sorry if it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's where we have all made our mistake to think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

So you agree or disagree?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If you don't know then you have missed the point entirely.

With that kind of thinking your basically taking the life out of everything. You see matter as purely physical, when even the most regarded cutting edge physicists (not those in the public eye) are starting to realize is not the case. Its a spiritual reality.

If God says I am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end.

Everything has an intention, that's what moves it. The universe is a living thing, maybe its beyond the universe, the deeper you go down the rabbit hole the more you realize it cant exist any other way. It is God.

The living word. Were talking about the realm of the most high, he says my thoughts are not your thoughts,

We need to start seeing it from a different perspective, the one where there's a time and season a purpose for all things under heaven.

Who or what created life and nature. Because it is a design.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Humans are scared of the unknown and the biggest unknown our life offers is death. So what does our brain do? It does what it does with everything else. It tries to weave a story.

This quote from the oatmeal site pretty much sums up religion.

Does it help you cope with the fact that you are a bag of meat, sitting on a rock in outer space, and that some day you will DIE and you are completely powerless, helpless, and insignificant in this wake of beautiful cosmic ****storm we call existence?

edit on 24-7-2012 by kelby because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by kelby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kelby

Religion is nothing more than who's testimony your believing, what knowledge that you hold as an authority to explain a concept.

Anything can be considered a religion secular humanism is a religion of believing in science for an example.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
If you don't know then you have missed the point entirely.

With that kind of thinking your basically taking the life out of everything. You see matter as purely physical, when even the most regarded cutting edge physicists (not those in the public eye) are starting to realize is not the case. Its a spiritual reality.

If God says I am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end.

Everything has an intention, that's what moves it. The universe is a living thing, maybe its beyond the universe, the deeper you go down the rabbit hole the more you realize it cant exist any other way. It is God.

The living word. Were talking about the realm of the most high, he says my thoughts are not your thoughts,

We need to start seeing it from a different perspective, the one where there's a time and season a purpose for all things under heaven.

Who or what created life and nature. Because it is a design.

How am I taking the life out of everything exactly? God is not something that created the universe, god IS the universe and it was never created, it has always been.

The universe has no intent and does not plan everyones lives out for a 'purpose', in my opinion. I think stuff just happens, almost like the saying 'playing it by ear' sort of. That doesn't take away the life and beauty of what this is, it makes it that much more beautiful in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My point is, that although we might see it as being random, its not.

Its because its so beyond a separate comprehension.

There has to be some form of contemplation because there are too many things in life that seem to us to serve no purpose.

For instance why create something that's separate in the beginning, because the physical is fulfilling a purpose of something that is not seen, but its understood because you can see it.

You have to come to understand it because were all a piece of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You keep saying that there was some kind of beginning.

Isaiah 46:10

'I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'

God says that he let's the end from the beginning be known. When has god ever let anyone know this?

I think this verse is implying that there is no beginning or end to this existence because he says he lets it be known but yet he hasn't ever let it be known.

It could be because he can't let it be known. There is no way of anything knowing because there is no such thing as a beginning or end.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by kennyb72

I just said that the story of Christ as a person makes the perfect roll model.

I thought his name was Jesus, or something like that. Christ is another thing altogether.

How in the world is Jesus a role model? He was born from a virgin, never held a job, practiced magic and necromancy and took alms from strangers. He hung around with people your parents warned you against and then was murdered by an angry mob for sedition.

Is this the role model you teach little children to imitate?

Oh, and I never listen to stupid proverbs

Too bad. 'cuz Proverbs and Ecclesiastics are the only 2 books that are any good!

IMHO

That is in a way kinda funny. I am sure Jesus would have loved the humor in it. But really his assignment was probably a pain in the backside and you can see that at times he loses his temper
. I love him for doing it but will probably say what a mess humanity became after a while by listening but not listening at all to what really said.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The universe itself is beyond comprehension, it is the all encompassing everything. It is what happens from moment to moment forever.

We couldn't even begin to comprehend what happens within one second across the entire universe, much less what has happened every second since 13 billion years ago at the start of this cycle. And that's not including before our big bang either.

To clarify on the big bang, I believe that our big bang is only one of an infinite number big bangs that have been cycling back and forth forever, which leaves no room for a creator, only the 'creation' a.k.a. the universe.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join