It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand Jesus. Please god no more.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Name any verse in the bible that explains what god is and you can apply that to the universe and what is. The bible isn't explaining a god that is separate from our universe, it is explaining the universe itself.

The only reason christians associate god with a seperate entity is because man put 'him' and 'he' and 'I' to somehow give god (nature) a persona. God is the fabric of the universe, how it works, what it is and always will be.
edit on 24-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I totaly agree. Matthew 25:31-46. The Sheep and the Goats is for me the utlimate proof that Jesus belives in a nonduality driven god that is the whole of everything and Jesus is a part of that whole. What you do to one part you do to all parts.

If God says I am the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end. Another example of nonduality god that is the whole.
edit on 24-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

You read the word of god in the context of something that is self-aware and has intent and actually has a voice to speak with. This is not the case. Nature on a universal scale has no voice and has no intent, it's just that we on Earth see god as something with intent because most can't look at the bigger picture, we have to associate god with ourselves in a way, namely self-aware and with intent.

In order to see what it truly means, you have to read it the same way but in a different context. You can read it literally, but you have to read it in the context of reality, what is known to be natural.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Sorry if it doesn't.

Im sorry. I have experianced intent from something more than human and have heard something that was only for me. But you intent can be part of the wholes intent. There is a game of hide and seek going on and it is meant to be that way. God hides and we have to find him.

Seen to much synchronicity and experianced to much higher dimmension things to dissbelive intent.
edit on 24-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Like I said... It was disturbing and did not feel welcoming or comforting in any way. I have spent a lot of time in different churches within different faiths so I don't believe my feelings were based in fear. I've witnessed entirely too much hypocrisy within organized religion and even more judgement. My experience with people who call themselves Christian has solidified my belief that if they embody what Jesus is all about then I'll take my eternity in hell. I personally feel that organized religion is nothing but a grand way to control people by playing off their fears and inadequacies.

I don't believe we need a middleman to coordinate or dictate our relationship with the Universe.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kelby
Humans are scared of the unknown and the biggest unknown our life offers is death. So what does our brain do? It does what it does with everything else. It tries to weave a story.

This quote from the oatmeal site pretty much sums up religion.

Does it help you cope with the fact that you are a bag of meat, sitting on a rock in outer space, and that some day you will DIE and you are completely powerless, helpless, and insignificant in this wake of beautiful cosmic ****storm we call existence?

Wow, i'm shocked as to whom would contemplate these thought's for a lifetime! Even 10% of a lifetime of thinking that way can be a safe way to say - someones gonna commit suicide. That just sounds horrible, who think's like that? Oh, probably SOME of the non followers of Jesus. According to this oatmeal site, are we all to accept that as our way of thinking? I mean, SERIOUSLY!? If your mind is filled with all that madness i.e powerlessness, helplessness, and insignificance, no wonder you can't see SOME light. Check, bugs are creepy to me, for obvious reasons... ok, so many legs - My brain doesn't weave some story like you claim it should. What story would it be, and what will it entail - I now somehow, when spiders crawl on me, believe that creating a circle of rocks around me will somehow, keep the spiders out? Help me out now, what other beliefs do you think I might have wrongfully fathomed based on a fear of spiders?

You know, I really don't like to use the term troll, because i'm original and all.. But I really don't think you have anything truthfully bright to add to this subject. If you think as if, based upon(like most scientist seem)this oatmeal site way-of-thinking, I hope you find Jesus. If you shall not seek, I wish you the best in life!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The bible teaches that the only way to heaven is thru believing in Jesus Christ If not you will burn in hell for ever. My question is what good does it do anyone to learn that lesson? You can`t tell anyone about the lesson you learned cause your busy burning in hell, and it does you no good to learn that lesson, because you can`t put what you learned to any use cause your burning in hell
People are so scared to die without some sort of reassurance from some preacher that says you will go to heaven IF. Its really SAD how so many are seamingly hopelessly devoted to false OLD teachings.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by TTAA2012

He's not going to force you to believe in Him or appreciate the sacrifice He made for you
But you will burn in hell for all eternity unless you come round to his way of thinking right?

...and he needs money! He needs YOUR money!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I don't have parents. I was raised by my grandparents, my mom was working so I never saw her much, and then one day moved away. I was poor living with her, taking care of my sister.
My grandparents are my dad's parents, and he left me when I was born. They took me in when they didn't have to at all. They taught me the meaning of a great deal of things, but that always stuck.
Now the tables have turned, and it is I who has been placed in their position.

If you don't like what you see, change it in yourself first.

I have and that's why I made that thread. I was subject to Christianity as a child.
You don't need Jesus to be a good person, or that he died for our sins or any of it, it's all a lie.
The real sin is believing in something so foolish because everyone else does.
Love everyone. period. not thank you jesus, thank you EVERYONE.

Your own story and words betray your premise in the OP. True religion, as outlined in the Bible, is this:

James 1

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

The very people that were willing to take you in were practicing this religion. Love is what is found reflected in the mirror of the Bible in all respects. Is a King, who does not practice righteousness, worthy of the title? God is a King that does not compromise. His reflection in the Bible is true in every respect. When we deny this, we are only judging our own reflection by His.

I am only being honest with you on this topic. I can't know this truth without first experiencing it myself. The only way to conquer our own faults in life is through the willingness to face them. For this to succeed, there must be a foundation for our actions. If you examine the Bible, simply by opening up and reading with eyes that are free from bias, you will find all the answers to the struggle. There is no better source.

You stated in the OP that you would like to punch Jesus. Go right ahead. This is a good start for you to see that you are truly wanting to do it to yourself. This is the gift that God grants from within the pages of the Bible. It's a mirror. If we are blaming others--God being one of the others--then we are truly blaming ourselves for the image we see in the reflection. The lie that the world wants you to believe is that something so significant is merely a product of deception by men. Have you ever known men to have the ability to accomplish such an enigma?

Truth is not locked in words, it's locked in symbol. To read the symbols like words, they must be experienced. Use the example of James 1. You have experienced a truth in your life. It cannot be refuted as true, but only experienced when you are on the correct side of truth by context. This is seeing with the heart. If you are on the wrong side of truth, it seems like words on a page from men. The bridge between is virtue, which allows the eyes of the heart to be opened by your own self-worth within God's truth. Your own words in the last post speak from a humble heart behind the experience of a true reflection. Wrapped in those comments are also words of deception in your own mind. If you are comparing your own self to the mirror God provides in the Bible, His image will always be the higher truth. If you can bridge the gap between the reflections, you will see that their is only one truth worth rising toward.

God protects those who follow truth. Those who don't face fire by trials and are on their own by choice. We can't fault God for being consistent and uncompromising with his own truth.

What is the highest truth? Watch out for the betterment of others and keep yourself from being polluted by the world. The world represents those things that go against the highest truth. Go back and read James 1:27. From Genesis 1 to the last verse in Revelation, the Lord is Jesus. God is the Father. Together, all of humanity is being taught to follow the golden rule. Do unto others what you wish for yourself. The rest is commentary on this point.

Matthew 7:12

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

God does not compromise on this. Fault Him for it, but you can only fault yourself for doing so.

edit on 24-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

They say to let people believe what they want, okay you do that but i'm going to let you know,
it hurts watching people piss their lives away on a meaningless manipulative ploy.

You really expect someone to believe that you genuinly care about about them? Yeah, I'm sure it "hurts" you to watch people, blah, blah, blah... It is obvious, from the venom you spit, that you are too angry to see the truth. Calm down, U2U me if you want to talk.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

It is clear that you are not well educated on this subject. Before you decide to stake your life on such an ignorant viewpoint I would suggest going back and doing some research, and perhaps some listening.

No offense, I'm not trying to be derogatory. Really.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Your rant is a dirty job, but someone had to say it. I totally agree with what your saying and feel bad for this. I was a christian for 23 years, but strange things have happened since then. From things like my neighbor telling me that dinosaurs were planted by satan to trick humans, and that me and my children are going to hell for not believing that Jesus is the son of god, I became fed up. It took almost 8 years to shake some of the teachings implanted into my head. Some key things that I couldn't shake was the seeking of knowledge, because I was always told that books are deceptions and that it is satan persuading me to seek this knowledge. I just feel like a heretic to this day for my disobedience to the church. Sad thing is that I think they meant it that way. Also there is a verse in the bible that mentions people such as us. It says that many people will come to hate Jesus and persecute christians, which I find to be a type of self fulfilled prophecy if you will. My grandparents are extreme southern Alabama baptists, and their entire family is distant. I think my grandfather is extreme due to his cheating on my grandmother with the town whore for years. They were married since they were 16, and it would just kill my grandmother to know that he cheated on her with a whore while the kids were in the car. Just terrible, makes me understand it loud and clear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Seems to me you and a lot of people like you had better be hoping there is no God, no Judgement, no Heaven and particularly that there is no Hell.

You are of course a Humanist and the product of some form of Marxism so, just stay where you are and away from me and mine.

edit on 24-7-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
all the crap written about him very well may have truth to it, the problem is if you accept him fully into your life, you are effectively living in ignorance. however, that is not to say ignorance is not bliss its just not for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Op I feel your pain,I am a hard core anti-theist.Im well read and love to debate religous belifes with anyone ill take anyside,So to play devils advocate someone on your friends list likes religous post maybe it makes them feel good and gives them mental comfort in a world where NO ONE HAS ANY CLUE OF WHATS GOING ON.My grandmother is a huge fan of that christ guy,I still love her even know she belives in zombie christ,Thats what makes her so special to me the fact that she actaully belives in something.I am not so lucky to have such belifes I use reason and logic to try to figure out the big questions,Its far more intresting to look at the stars and know that your body is made up of the same materials as they are,Then read a book that was written a long time ago to make our primate forfathers better people it served its purpous to get us this far,To quote HITCH its our first and wrost attemt to describe the big questions~Eric

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA! You are just as obsessed about Jesus as those you are ranting about. Why does it bother you??? Really?? how does this affect your life at all if people believe in jesus??

is your life so mundane that you can only focus on Jesus. Are you secretly a jesus lover?? there is a thin line between love and hate.

You are a nutt...... just as nutty or nuttier than those who believe in jesus. While they are happy believing in jesus you are miserable hating jesus hahahaah

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Freedom of religion. I won't tell you your beliefs are stupid if you don't tell me.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

HAHAHAHAHA! You are just as obsessed about Jesus as those you are ranting about. Why does it bother you??? Really?? how does this affect your life at all if people believe in jesus??

is your life so mundane that you can only focus on Jesus. Are you secretly a jesus lover?? there is a thin line between love and hate.

You are a nutt...... just as nutty or nuttier than those who believe in jesus. While they are happy believing in jesus you are miserable hating jesus hahahaah

And look at you, you're a freak, look at what YOU get a kick out of. Sick mind.
I post ONE RANT, and suddenly i'm obsessed. you people, I swear...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Unless someone can explain then to me if something like Jesus DID really happen, wouldn't it be completely mandatory for everyone to worship him all the time since there would be no doubt at all that it happened?

the whole thing is a lie

Your question regarding mandatory belief is a common one. You see, we were created with free will. We were given the ability to decide our own personal fate and our personal fate is the responsibility of no one else.

Please realize, Jesus lived /traveled/ died in a relatively small region of the world so a relatively small amount of people would have witnessed the events that are recorded in the Bible. Most people do not believe what they have not seen and there are some that do not believe even though they have.

There will always be doubters. Always. In fact, Jesus addressed such doubt in a prophecy.

Being a member of this site, I am sure you have seen in some recent posts regarding the legitimacy of the Holocaust. This is an overwhelmingly documented event. Survivors still live that will reluctantly retell their story. Millions of people lost their lives due to the madness of one man and his Nazi party. Despite the insurmountable evidence to this happening, there are those that would still deny it... does that make it false, fake, untrue? No, of course not but some would choose not believe simply because they didn't see it for themselves.

If belief were mandatory.... then what would be the point. Everyone is free to choose and no one has the right to judge unless of course it directly affects another.

My beliefs as a Christian do not require anyone else to believe and I do not condemn anyone for their lack of belief.... that is not my place. If you would like to see what I have seen then great, if not well that's okay too

Before you insult someones beliefs, saying "the whole thing is a lie" perhaps you should really, really try and read it for yourself. Again, you don't have to but perhaps it would offers some insight.

Should you make that decision, I would encourage you to seek out someone that can help you understand what you are reading. Not that you are in capable of understanding it yourself but there are contextual and cultural differences between us and the ancient Hebrew culture that may need some clarification.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
You stated in the OP that you would like to punch Jesus. Go right ahead. This is a good start for you to see that you are truly wanting to do it to yourself.

WTF!!!!!!??????

I GIVE UP!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes you are obsessed. I do not sit around and rant about peoples beliefs nor do i sit around thinking how stupid they are.. I am not a freak you are the freak and I am gawking and laughing at you. if you do not want to get laughed at then rant in private not on a forum where you put yourself up for display.

Did you just expect responses that coddled your rant??? ... and you call jesus lovers delusional.
edit on 24-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yes you are obsessed. I do not sit around and rant about peoples beliefs nor do i sit around thinking how stupid they are.. I am not a freak you are the freak and I am gawking and laughing at you. if you do not want to get laughed at then rant in private not on a forum where you put yourself up for display.

Did you just expect responses that coddled your rant??? ... and you call jesus lovers delusional.
edit on 24-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

ONE RANT does not equal obsession

I do not sit around and rant about peoples beliefs

Besides mine you ironic tool.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join