It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes: A member of OWS black bloc?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry, but exploder makes countless OWS threads and lives in New Zealand. He does not really understand the dynamics of american life.

I am perfectly ok with him contributing to the thread as long as it is not in such a biased manner.

I am just trying to see if he is OWS or not thats all.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well I for one believe that IF there are indeed "evil" men above us that want bad things to happen then wouldn't using this nutjob who would be much more likely to have been an "inside job" to turn America against OWS (a group that is supposedly anit-big evil guys) be doing exactly what those "leaders" desire? Even IF the guy was a "member" of OWS what does that have to do with him shooting up a bunch of innocent people? Every single OWS "supporter" I've met would strongly oppose violence, most of them are just a bunch of new age hippies imo. I believe the op dislikes OWS and just like both sides of the media always do with something they oppose, is trying to use this to support his outlandish beliefs...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'd honestly say that I met some whacky people in Occupy and yeah, mentally unstable type whacky in a couple examples. Such was life, setting up camp in the heart of a major U.S. City though.... To say he was with Occupy SD isn't saying too much at this point for me. The camp I was in had 40-50 people on an average night and a few hundred in the day.

Only a couple dozen were ever active in a real sense but twice that number thought they were in their own idea of things. I am assuming he was a student at the time? It was during class terms if he's been in Colorado for a while.

Was he a withdrawn hanger on and trying to fit in or was he a leader? Knowing everything else about him, I'm guessing one of the two.

If he happened to have been a member of a militia though...heaven forbid (and I mean that), would condeming them all be fair? We saw it in 1995. It wasn't then and this wouldn't be now unless he turned out to have been active and actually leading a part of Occupy SD. If that is the case...I'd sure be curious to hear from them.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

OWS is a global movement, its in other countries as well.

If anything the world economic situation has shown its not about individuals, nor countries, but Globalization is the word of the day.

Until we are willing to stand together against Tyranny as humans, and not as Americans, Australians, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic. We will continue to be pawns of the manipulators that preach Division at every turn.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thats fine but I am just trying to investigate wether true or not.

I don't want the OWS people coming in and derailing this thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I guess all questions are legitimate questions. Why not ask this one?

I'm willing to bet that even if he attended some OWS events it has little to do with this tragedy, though.

Any of you remember Jared Lee Loughner? The nutbar who shot that Representative in Arizona a few years ago? Within hours of the news breaking, the usual suspects on ATS began pointing fingers and screeching that he was a right-winger or a left-winger, depending on their ideology of choice.They all ended up with egg on their faces when it turned out Lougner was too far gone to string a coherent sentence together, never mind hold a rational political opinion.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Lol the OP has an avatar of Hitler holding up an OWS sign.

Of course he posted this to promote his agenda.

Can't believe you guys are this gullible.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I think it is as legitamate as when ABC prematurely announced that he was a member of the Tea Party.

This horrible tragedy has been politicised since 5 seconds after he pulled the trigger.

to wrongs dont make a right.

please cant we let the people greave in peace,
this guy is a nut, and people are trying to use his insanity to score points.

this is wholly unacceptable

i though ats was better than to stoop to this.

im not blaming you beez, im just upset atm

xploder

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
To all.

It is no secret that I am not a fan of OWS.

But at this point I like all of you are trying to understand why this happened and what must have been going through this demented persons mind for shooting up a bunch of innocent people.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I think we've all seen it.

I'm just interested as to whether the OP will be honest and explain his true motives for creating the thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
To all.

It is no secret that I am not a fan of OWS.

But at this point I like all of you are trying to understand why this happened and what must have been going through this demented persons mind for shooting up a bunch of innocent people.

I don't think you will get much by going down this road though.

I'm pretty sure history will show that people of all political persuasions are capable of terrible acts.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Maybe not. But we won't know unless we can verify or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Thats fine but I am just trying to investigate wether true or not.

I don't want the OWS people coming in and derailing this thread.

Well, you know as well as anyone I wouldn't want to run into someone at an Occupy rally today who knew me from here. lol... To say I'm not a part of the movement now would be an understatement. Having said that, much of the news coverage I saw online and read in the major papers while in Occupy left me feeling like I must be in a whole different movement or something. The comparison between reality I lived and what was reported was pretty great in some ways.

...and some sites had larger axes to grind than others, IMO. The Blaze, for example, is on my short news site list for daily checks. However, I also would say they have a special kind of....enthusiasm for OWS related reporting.

Occupy does plenty to shoot themselves in their own two feet....repeatedly and often.
Beck seems to pile on beyond what might be called.....entirely accurate, at times. Just my two cents, since I know you're sincere about wanting to look into it and not simply saying it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Maybe not. But we won't know unless we can verify or not.

Fair enough but I don't think it will explain anything.

Sometimes there is just no explaining psycho.

If it's found out he wasn't involved in any way, we know nothing more.

If it's found out he was involved, what more do we know?

It will only fuel baseless political slander. Nothing good or informative will come of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Could be.

But if he was an MKULTRA experiment I want to know. If he was a FBI project, I want to know. If he was placed there to justify stricter gun control laws I want to know.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I met a few Black Bloc members over the years, back in the 90's and they were firmly committed to a show of peaceful solidarity and never once advocated violence or criminal activity. That was what I knew about them.

Reading what the wiki has to say on them now sickens me, mainly because there are several anarchist factions out there and any idiot can dress in black and throw claims of membership around.

Unless things have degraded over time, I couldn't imagine the original BB swaying from their principles: nonviolent show of solidarity and peaceful protest.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
edit to remove rant,

not the time nor the place

xploder
edit on 23-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I request that you stop posting in this thread.

In my op, it has a big question mark at the end. There is a disclaimer at the very beginning and five different source articles.

Please leave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join