It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge seals Batman shooting case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just remember folks, the reality of the world we live in.

You can ask people "Ever killed anyone", and they can actually say "No" legally, in the circumstance they got the info "sealed".

So remember that employers, remember that they can LEGALLY say something that isn't true, and you could have an actual killer working right next to you.

It's a 'great society' ain't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There's quite a difference between sealing personal criminal records, and sealing an ongoing investigation. However your point is valid and I agree. It's quite a loophole as far as employers should be concerned.

I myself have a 3 page record with a number of non violent felonies. It would be in my interest to seal it, but the process of doing so is akin to trying to get a 5 year old a drivers license.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
did anybody see the interview with the women who's boyfriend had been shot
they said he had laid on top of her to protect her and took a bullet but it was how she was acting that i found strange her crying didn't seem real and not ones did she look at the camera it just looked like some bad acting
the other thing i noticed was when the police was giving a speech he never looked at the camera and his eyes are moving side to side all the time like he didn't want to make eye contact with any one which is what somebody does when they know they are lieing somebody telling the truth and been honest makes eye contact

I don't know. But if my boyfriend died in such a horrific way, just two days ago, I would definitely be such a mess that I would not be able to sit down and talk to a reporter. She described a gruesome scene, with such ease. Maybe they have her on some drugs to keep her calm.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I have had people look me directly in the eyes and lie to me as the day is long. It's amazing how well some liars can perform.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Yeah I have had ex-girlfriends that could lie and would not miss a beat. They lied so much they believed the garbage they spilled. I am not going to get into detail but one lead so much she even tried to convince you, you did not see what you really saw. There was no lying out of what was seen; even Mother Theresa could not have been believable in this instance.

They say there are micro expressions that are more a giveaway than the not looking in the eye thing. I think the not looking in the eye thing is more common than most think. They say though that the eye does react to a lie and so do muscles in the face.

Raist

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

In ways I think this also depends on the person. She might be holding it together for those around her or to look stronger and completely break when alone. She might be drugged in all kinds of ways right now as well. Do we know how long they were together and how their relationship was that would be something else as well?

Tragedy affects people differently, some hold together well when others are near and fall apart when they have time alone and time to think. Personally I hold together well when others are around; they take my mind off of what has happened. Alone and when I have time to reflect is when it all hits me. When my first son was still born I did not break until I came home to get clothes for my wife. When I went bake and people were around I was feeling calm, a bit of a zombie but still what most considered calm and collected. When I get my time alone and reflect with all the time to think I start to think too much and it hits me all at once.

Raist

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I guess the PROSECUTOR's are in the back pocket of the US Government in the case.
Going along with them to HIDE the truth about this whole matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

you saw it too there was something strange about her interview like you say you would be in bits about it but her crying didn't seem real

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
reply to post by g146541

It's creating questions here, among us. Whether it's creating questions in the general populace, I doubt it. Most sheeple are probably past it by now. I've been relaying some extremely provocative information to many outlets at my disposal, and far & away ATS is the only place really paying attention.

That is because we are the "crazy conspiracy people", you know the ones who know about the wmd's, gulf of tonkin. USS Liberty, 911 OS(note: if any part can be debunked, there must be more lies), Oklahoma city bombing, Etc,. too many more to list on this page.
Yeah, that crowd...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I am not too confident that this actually happened the way they want us to think it happened. For that matter I am not so sure it actually happened. I feel silly and vulnerable for even posting that but it's my honest feelings. One thing that would certainly not be in the publics interest (at least in their reasoning) would be finding out that it was staged.

Now I am not trying to argue this or anything, but mind is open. As well it's open to the possibility that I am looking too far into things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

You have every right to question the event. There are so many things wrong here, it's almost too much to wrap your head around. Here are a few.

An unemployed man somehow came up with enough cash to buy tactical gear, guns and ammo. Some reports estimate the gear alone would cost upwards of 20,000 dollars to purchase. That's not even taking into account this stuff isn't sold at walmart or the military surplus stores. How did he get his hands on tear gas? I've never tried to acquire tear gas but I'm certain it's not easy to get.

Here's another brain bender. You buy a ticket to a movie and you leave thru the exit/fire door whichever it was labeled. They showed a picture from outside, it had no exterior handle. Makes sense, they don't want people entering that way. He either rigged the door to stay open, using something to stop the latch or had a friend. The only way to keep these doors open is by using something to stop them from closing. They are almost always located at the front of the theater. Nobody found it odd the door wasn't shut? Nobody was complaining that the lights from the outside were coming in? Huh? Second theory is he used tape to stop the latch. The spring mechanism in those doors is too strong for normal tape. Duct tape would work. Can you imagine what that would sound like? Pulling a piece of duct tape off a roll in the middle of a theater?

Then he goes into the parking lot and sits in his car waiting to be captured? That's akin to a crack head smoking crack outside a police station. They won't do that, the last thing they want is there little addiction to be taken away. Same with killers. They don't want to get caught.

Why would you tell the authorities you booby trapped your apartment? Isn't a booby trap supposed to catch people by surprise? If you wanted mass collateral damage, why would you prevent it?

I could go on and on. None of this makes any sense logically.

My prayers go out to the families that lost loved ones. It's unfortunate things like this happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i can imagine all the things that guy experienced before he went on the shooting rampage.

and he must be spilling the beans and making certain people very slightly annoyed that if his police interview was made public.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Looking at the Colorado Batman shooter's level of education, Holmes may be over his head in student loan debt. With the prospect of failing out, he would be an indentured servant for life on a fixed income with no way of becoming self-sufficient. As a student loan debtor, a living wage is not possible as the debt collectors garnish 25% his wages and confiscate all of his tax return.

You can't stop shooter's like this with a ban on weapons because anything can be used as a weapon when you run amok. Even if guns were banned and the shooter could not get weapons.. he could use whatever else is available... he could have come in with a baseball bat or homemade pipe bomb.

Running Amok is a known phenomenon and happens to the best of the best of humanity when disenfranchised into situations such as insurmountable student loan debt without bankruptcy protection.

I'm not making excuses for the guy. I'm giving you a little insight on one possible reason why he did it.

As for banning guns... the movie theater and that area of Colorado was a gun free zone already. That means that banning guns doesn't work. If citizens were legally allowed to carry firearms in the theater, I believe there would be less than 12 deaths there because at least there would be someone there to fire back. Instead, the gun ban law created more victims.

We need to return bankruptcy protection to student loan borrowers. This is the only way to help people in this situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RoninMD

I more than mostly agree with you.
My first thought and it still holds is, was this guy in student debt up to his eyeballs?
Time may tell that, dunno with all of the secrecy.
I also agree with the rest but maybe rather than bankruptcy how about reasonable tuition?
Or some societies actually have free education.
I dunno, I went to the school of hard knocks and got otj training.
But yep, what you said.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Judge seals Batman shooting case

www.thedaily.com

An Arapahoe County Court judge has granted a request to seal the case against James Holmes, the 24-year-old shooter who killed 12 and wounded 50 during a screening last night of "The Dark Knight Rises."

The motion, filed in Arapahoe County court, asks for the records in the case to be sealed, including search warrants, affidavits, orders and the "case file."

The District Attorney's affidavit says prosecutors are investigating first-degree murder charges against Holmes, but that disclosure of the court records would be "contrary to public interest" and "could jeopardize the ongoin
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm not buying conspiracy on this one, but to throw you a bone all inquests etc which were being demanded by victims and their families of the Port Arthur massacre in Australia were denied on the grounds of "not in the peoples best interest" and compared to that your shooting is 200% open & shut case. It was also the instance they used to drive through gun reform here.
No need to take everyone's guns but how about taking those that are full auto and have a 100 round mag & imo if the people there were armed you would be looking at a higher death toll not lower because in a dark place filled with smoke tear gas and screams the last thing you want is a hundred scared people with guns.
edit on 23-7-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassManbut how about taking those that are full auto and have a 100 round mag

The rifle wasn't 'full auto.' It was a semi-automatic Smith & Wesson M&P 15 (S&W's AR-15 clone). Second, the magazines are detachable and meant to be swapped. I guess maybe what you meant is that they should ban the magazines, which might work except that there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of those hi-cap mags floating around out there.

This guy knew how to build, in the words of the FBI, 'sophisticated' bombs. If it was impossible to get firearms he would've likely just blown the whole place up. You can't nerf the world. People do bad things with dangerous objects. If they don't have dangerous objects, they will manufacture them. Banning things solves nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Multiple links here

www.freerepublic.com...

speculating that Holmes may have been linked (via the university) to a government contract investigating & mitigating the effects of PTSD & that is in play WRT sealing the records.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Colorado massacre suspect to appear in court on Monday

Source

Holmes will appear before Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester at 9:30 a.m. (11:30 a.m. EDT/1530 GMT) for a hearing that is expected to be brief. He will be represented by a public defender.

Anyone know if it will be televised / press allowed? I've a feeling they won't, but of course Barry's visit was

Another article states he will be formally charged a "few" days from the hearing today.
edit on 7/23/2012 by shockedonlooker because: I want a glimpse of this guy, Barry, not so much although I'm glad he went to Aurora

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

They'll probably go the Loughner route and never allow any filming or photographs...only court sketches.

And someone earlier brought up a great point.... we don't even know if he is alive anymore. So many similarities with Loughner. No surveillance footage of him or anything. We've not seen any video of him from that night or afterwards.

There's one article claiming they talked to people just released from prison saying, Oh he's acting crazy. He's not remorseful. He thinks he's in a movie.
But who are these people being interviewed? Can they be tracked down? I can easily write an article like this, make up some names of supposed prisoners, and get it circulating around the web.

We may never SEE or HEAR holmes because it seems the MSM is making such a big deal about "we're not gonna even say his name and help him become a celebrity".... Oh really? Since when did you guys start doing that? Loughner? Cho? Is this a new trend?

I think the real reason they're doing this is in hopes that we will forget about Holmes (as A.Cooper actually said in no uncertain terms!!) I personally think that is such a backwards way of going about things.

Let's all never talk about Hitler.

Shouln't we learn from this and stop trying to act so self-congratulatory and holier than thou?

//end of rant

edit on 23-7-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join