It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge seals Batman shooting case

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Just one question in all of this. Why would the gov pick a PH.D student to do their dirty work. A really smart one to boot. Because he's a recluse? I mean, I definitely feel something is fishy about all this but why someone who makes people ask questions like we're doing. Why not someone with more radical views? The guy only had a parking infraction his whole life for christ sakes.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Figures. Guess I'm not surprised they sealed the case. Heck, they won't even release a mug photo. Totally makes that county suspicious to say the least.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by mattdel

Just one question in all of this. Why would the gov pick a PH.D student to do their dirty work. A really smart one to boot. Because he's a recluse? I mean, I definitely feel something is fishy about all this but why someone who makes people ask questions like we're doing. Why not someone with more radical views? The guy only had a parking infraction his whole life for christ sakes.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

reply to post by mattdel

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

Wait a tick, he planned this out to the tee, ordered all of his wares and played with them for a while to become familiar with them, and he could engineer and build a complex bombing mechinism according to the FBI,

but he couldn't clear a gun jam?............. With those weapons thats like the easiest jam to clear and it takes all of a few seconds.....

Right, sure.....totally believable
That makes loads of sense.........

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Figures. Guess I'm not surprised they sealed the case. Heck, they won't even release a mug photo. Totally makes that county suspicious to say the least.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Ok and what happens if the info was released and the guy had a media "trial" thus ensuring he could not get a fair trial by jury and thus escape conviction. Would you be happy? Honestly DUH!

I supect the US is similar to the UK in that the vast majority of court cases are never investigated in a media frenzy so there is no need to put court orders on the case to ensure a fair trial. However, every now and then a particular case clearly has the makings of a trial by media and there is no way in hell any jury can possibly base their judgement on only what is presented in court. They will obviously be influenced by what they read in the press and see on television. At least in the UK the defendant is protected by default and quite rightly so. I want see criminals behind bars not released because conspiracists shout conspiracy and/or journalists want "their story".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
How did he get his hands on tear gas? I've never tried to acquire tear gas but I'm certain it's not easy to get.

Got a credit card?
Buy teargas here

That's just the first one on the page after searching. So, not hard at all. Pretty cheap, too.

Just sayin...

edit: There aren't really any records to seal yet, are there? Just a mountain of evidence and interviews to be sifted through. I'm sure the court case will be all over tv for us to watch.
edit on 23-7-2012 by subject x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You guys missed a great chance to discuss a very plausible conspiracy on page 1. If someone acts up, you ignore them. Come on.. You guys all look like children, regardless of how well typed your responses were. The fact you had such a petty arguement. This is a conspiracy. And you guys are it.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
interesting that this shooting cincides with this:

www.guardian.co.uk...

When I first heard about the shooting I thought about all the news about Romneys taxes but shrugged it off as coincidence.

not sure I believe its all designed to divert attention, just saying its fodder for conspiracy buffs

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

The guy watched too many videos on youtube about how "reliable" 50 or 100 rounds mags are as well.
Anyone who has ever shot one knows they are all pieces of crap.
Remember folks, if it is not factory, it just isn't.
Heck even standard cap aftermarket mags sometime...err usually suck.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

You can't, for two reasons.
First off it is out of stock.
Second, ANY self dispursal, grenade style teargas has to be bought with an agency letterhead.
If this guy rigged his apartment to blow however, it would not be much of a stretch to weaponize the cans that are legal to buy.
And for the folks who claim an armed person inside would have done no good because of smoke and panic, there would have been more than a few seconds of very clear air.
This was a theatre not a house bedroom.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yea, you have a point there. i can attest to that. The 20-30 round mags are far more reliable in feed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Are you sure your OP title is correct? The BBC showed film of him in court which kind of makes sealing all proceedings impossible.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Although the footage may have been moved on by the time you get to view.

edit on 23-7-2012 by something wicked because: added link

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What a load of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contrary to public interest my ass!

There were too many important questions surrounding this!

Now we'll never be able to see the crucial evidence we're after!

We need god damn answers you hear me?!?!?!
edit on 23/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Since the mods decided to delete this topic, created by another member, simply because he didn't paste a snippet into his OP(even though the ENTIRE ARTICLE is less characters than max allowable), I shall create another one here for further discussion.

Judge seals the case file. For what? To what ends? Fishy fishy fishy

Personally, I believe this line

disclosure of the court records would be "contrary to public interest"

should be changed to "disclosure of the court records would be "contrary to government interests"
www.thedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

Holy s...

So they have a secret to hide!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Casey Anthony trial was all over the place, Just like Zimmerman's. What makes this guy any different?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

reply to post by mattdel

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
***snip***
Just something is rotten in Denmark about the entire event

Please refrain from spreading lies about Denmark, the land of the truly free - not just a load of people being told they are free.
We also have proper healthcare. We don't have to cough up to catch an ambulance to the nearest hospital - which is also free of charge.

ON TOPIC - is it concieveable that the sealing is because they want to hide the whole proces of planning this hideous crime? We've just had Breivik in our brotherland and quite frankly - some of the stuff that became public knowledge shouldn't have been.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
One reason Judges seal cases, is to try to keep the jury pool from being tainted. It's the first things Judges do these days on extremely high profile cases. This case will be bigger than the OJ, and Casey Anthony trial put together.

You know the first thing the defense is going to shout for, is a change of venue, claiming tainted jury pool. The media by covering the same stories over and over, 24/7, is the reason a gag order has been put in place.

jmoho....

Des

I don't get this system of yours.

He is guilty. Caught with the smoking gun. Premeditated murder of several people.

Maximum penalty is my vote.

Then we are told in Denmark that they might not go for the death sentence because it would give him several appeals for the forseeable future and the case could run on for up to 15 years.

Why?
He did it. There is no doubt. Sentence could be passed in less than 5 minutes. Only reason for keeping him for a while is to find out if he is bodypal with White Pride (whether this is a reference to a person - ahem - or a movement is up to you).

edit on 23-7-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: sbelling

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

As far as I know we have not much info about the guys finances so let's not jump to conclusions.

Secondly, stopping a fire exit door from closing behind you is a mind bender? All he would need to do is put something small in the doorway to prevent it closing all the way, would just need to be an unnoticeable crack allowing him to pry it back open. In the commotion of people finding seats etc I'm sure he would have gone unoticed.

I don't understand why this is getting so much more attention than other similar spree shootings, perhaps it's the dramatic Batman element. These spree killers normally don't plan to escape, on this occasion perhaps the guy didn't have the nerve to finish himself?

The sad fact is, this is yet another disgruntled person with a grudge and access to guns who has decided that the world will pay for his perceived injustices (or whatever)......they are so common now that many don't make international news unless they have reached a certain body count.

The only question here is whyat has happened to society that makes people want to go out and do this?

A quick google search also confirms that sealing a case is pretty common.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join