It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So who here from Colorado thinks it's time to rethink 'gun control' yet?

Was Columbine not enough? What about the next time this happens in the precious 'gun free' zones?

Nutcases get guns and YOUR citizens aren't going to be protected by cops who are in patrol cars and who always show up AFTER the dust is settled.

Imagine if only 4 people had a right to carry in that theater. Would we be here? Imagine if ONE person had a gun in Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc. Just sit and imagine what could have been stopped.

People need to snap out of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

on the cancer topic, I cannot find the original origin of the cancer part, all I can find is a revised version that leaves out the part about cancer. It has to do with James Holmes and Micro DNA Biomarkers relating to cancer cures.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by circlemaker

I have been reading more and more into alternate universes.... And that would actually explain a LOT as to the events of my personal life in general right now. ANOTHER THREAD! lol
But I thought the exact same thing. I am a HUGE Batman fan. I've waited for this movie since I knew it was coming out. I have no desire to go see it now. I will surely rent it though.

Then you must remember the first joker
with his gas that make people go crazy
the elites really love Batman

Thanks for sharing Op .. SNF

I had a few though myself after the attack :

False Flag Alert in Aurora : Biggest Mass Shooting in the History of the USA is not a coincidence

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

This is breaking news...apparently there was a Drill on the same day at a local University portraying a shooting in a Movie Theater. Check it out for yourself....can we confirm...
SHOOTING DRILL

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LOVE444

Yeah, that was posted yesterday.
Well maybe not that link, but this MSM article about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What I'm wondering about is why no one bothers to put metal detectors in mall entrances (like in some European countries) so people who have a ton of weapons concealed in their jackets may actually get caught...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Thank you for posting. i live half way round the world and to hear a perspective of someone liveing in denver, for the reasons you mentioned late in the post (dia, colombine) but also this cinema shooting, hope i am able to keep up with it because even though it is "big" in the news in little old new zealand, it wont take too long to not be mentioned. Much prayers and love to everybody involved.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just to be clear, I wasn't singling you out, and you are most definitely entitled to your opinion. There were posts in other threads stating schizophrenia as a factual news item. Belief in conspiracy is irrelevant to my point, and the bigger issue are the false statements spread by MSM, and then propagated by the public...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
reply to post by Annee

Just to be clear, I wasn't singling you out, and you are most definitely entitled to your opinion. There were posts in other threads stating schizophrenia as a factual news item. Belief in conspiracy is irrelevant to my point, and the bigger issue are the false statements spread by MSM, and then propagated by the public...

Thanks.

I didn't think you were. I was just clarifying my position. Just my opinion. Not fact.

I try very hard not to get suckered into drama and exploitation on any subject.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOVE444
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

This is breaking news...apparently there was a Drill on the same day at a local University portraying a shooting in a Movie Theater. Check it out for yourself....can we confirm...
SHOOTING DRILL

Oh my. There appears to be so many conflicting stories and reports, combined with the already lack of visual evidence on several counts including him in the theater before and during the shooting, and with regards to what exactly was rigged up in his apartment, as well as how this guy appeared years before, on the day of the tragedy, and during that court session.

Too much to the point where I keep going back to this just in awe of what happened, how it happened and how it's being displayed to the public.

So much fowl irony stretching across the spectrum from the seemingly insignificant 'skeletons in the theater' in the Lil Wayne video, to the exercises performed in the event of such an attack on the day, all the way back to the warning issued for theaters of these sort of attacks from May.

Where I live the news and shootings in general isn't usually casual talk. A period of disbelief and mourning passes, but every single person I know who has seen or is or was looking forward to this movie, even those who could care less about Batman seem to keep revisiting this in awe daily.

All the chatter reminds me of 9/11, honestly.

edit on 24/7/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

can someone explain how this is the same person? different eyebrows, different eye shapes, the clown versions nose is much slimmer, completely different chins....mouthes...

this is not the same person. who are these people??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Thanks.

I didn't think you were. I was just clarifying my position. Just my opinion. Not fact.

I try very hard not to get suckered into drama and exploitation on any subject.

Nod to you... That sort of clarification is rare and admirable!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

But the shooter did'nt have anything concealed in his jacket, he came in guns blazing by the sound of it - at least with one large firearm. Bloody hard to conceal that in your jacket or on your person.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by aqeelhakeem

I was waiting for both images to come together on a thread......

ok, Holmes got an obvious nose job before he made his appearance in court. Photo of red head does not appear to be photoshopped but the other one does for sure. May I also add, the photo of the brunette appears to have a slightly lazy left eye not seen in the photo of the red head.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I was waiting for both images to come together on a thread......

ok, Holmes got an obvious nose job before he made his appearance in court. Photo of red head does not appear to be photoshopped but the other one does for sure. May I also add, the photo of the brunette appears to have a slightly lazy left eye not seen in the photo of the red head.

i mean, just look at the difference in distance between the lower edge of the lower lip and the chin. this is really creeping me out.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

You should had seen all the photos of Jared Loughlan released by the media and how some of us dessected all of them! It was fun but we knew one of them, the most famous one, was photoshopped.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
See... people keep saying... "Guns don't kill people, people do".... This is not really correct.... it is a combination of the two that makes the action happen.... but that's beside the point really...

I understand what people are saying... that lots of sane people own guns, and that if someone wants to kill you they will, whether guns are controlled or not...

but my argument is this.... you are right, it is the person in control of the gun that initiates the action and makes the deed happen, however, some people are just not responsible or intelligent enough to be given such immense power... the power of life and death.

All these people arguing that we should control cars, because they also kill people are missing the point.... a car is not designed to kill, it is not it's prime reason for being made.... therefore the argument is foolish....

I have no real problem with people owning Hand guns... albeit I am from the UK.... but please.. can you give me some valid reasons for a normal everyday person to own an assault rifle such as an AK47... I cannot think of any.. and it is the proliferation of these type of weapons that makes these mass shootings easier to perpetrate.

You are quite right, it is the person the commits the act...... so, by that logic, gun control is a good thing, because some people just should not be given the option of owning weapons of any kind... they are not intelligent or responsbile enough...we all know people like this.....

So really, while arguing against gun control, you are really confirming it is needed... although you could call it "Muppet Control".... just got to stop the muppets from getting their hands on them...... In a society where ANYONE can get their hands on large ammounts of military grade weapons and ammunition... a proliferation of mass shootings is inevitable....

You see, it is these people that have a bad day, that have an argument with their spouse, the crimes that are committed on a whim... these are the crimes that turn into murders in America, these are the crimes that are spontaneous... now, with the proliferation of guns, it's easy to grab one to sort out any small grievance... if these people really had to work to source a firearm, you could guarantee that these petty disputes would not turn into murders.... by the time they got hold of one it would seem like just what it was.. a petty argument.

Saying all that though.... Canada has a higher percentage of firearm possession than the USA... but significantly less shootings..... so we could argue that is something to do with the American culture....something inherently wrong with the people of the nation themselves....

I am sorry America... but it is not a "right" to own a firearm..... it is a right be speak freely, it is a right to have children, (although that's also up for debate!) it is a right to be able to beleive what you wish..... it is not, and should not, be a "right" to own firearms.... you're just asking for trouble....

Look at this very recent shooting also mentioned here on ATS... the man that accidently shot his son thinking he was an intruder.... a perfect example to prove my point... if he did not have a handgun in the house...he would more than likely either shout to the intruder "who is it", at which point his son would answer and still be alive, or he would have jumped on him, wrestled a bit, and realised his mistake, and his son would still be alive. This man now has to live with this for the rest of his life...... all thanks to the "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude of American citizens... This has to change... and I feel sorry for you if you cannot see this....

Anyway.. just my 2 cents....

PA

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Well first off, owning a gun is a right in the US. Moving on from that.

You can't just walk into a gun store, then walk out an hour later to go kill your wife or whatever. There is the waiting period and checks you must go through. The "crimes of passion", they already have a gun, and there is no possible way to predict that. Pointless to try.

There are over 300 million guns in the US, over 12 million registered hunters. When you compare that to gun crime stats, you get the picture. For every one gun used in a crime, there are a million that were not. For every one person that snaps, there are a whole bunch that do not.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 05:33:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Your assult rifle speel only works under circumstances. A law was passed in the US that put a ban on assult rifles. I can understand this. However, Obama decided to not renew it, and now someone has died as a result of assult rifles. Whether that law was renewed or not, I think the outcome be the same. The founding fathers wanted us the right to have guns in the situation that a corrupt orginization takes control of us so that we have a means to fight for our freedom. They actually stated that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Why is there no CCTV of the gunman entering the theatre or mall? Doesn't the news always have footage, blurry or otherwise? Where is it?

I agree that the redhead doesn't look like the kid in the student id picture.

Also, I read somewhere that he had MySpace, can anyone confirm this? Or find it?

Lastly. Does anyone have the full video with his presentation on "Temporal Ilussions" Thanks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join