It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I have a couple of questions,

Why does everybody feel the need to make sense out of a random event?
Anyone who was not born yesterday should have leaned that in life sometimes very bad things happen and there is no rational explanation for it.

Sometimes bad things happen & evil people do terrible things. PERIOD!

There is no way to justify it, there is no way to keep it from happening again, there is no way to predict it, there is no way to rationalize it.

Random evil in a chaotic world.

People who think there is a conspiracy behind everything either:
A. Doesn't understand how the world works.....or
B. needs to get a life and get out there more.

There's no such thing as a random event. There's causality behind everything. That's how humans learn and progress. THIS is how you understand how the world works, by understanding causality.

Dismissing something as just "evil" is what they did in the dark ages when they thought schizophrenics were demon possessed. Its also a very convenient reason for people to not take responsibility in finding solutions to problems.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My take on this situation on the information we have is this teenager(that's what he is) couldn't distinguish reality from fiction anymore. His friend has come forward and said that he became withdrawn into the video game World of War craft. I met a Sheriff from L.A. about a month ago(randomly) and he explained to me how is son started stealing and on drugs to play the game. This is the second person I have come to have information about having issues with this video game. So I wonder is this video game sending subliminal messages to people? I think this game needs to be looked at in full detail. I have read many stories online of perfectly normal people getting lost in this game. There has to be something in the video game causing people to become so addicted to it and losing reality. My hunch there is subliminal messages going on the game.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I only read to page 2, but stopped there to discus the thread that I was reading to my spouce. So, forgive me if this has already been asked...
This guy kicked in the door? Wait those doors have to open out for safety code reasons. How sure are we that he ki ked the door in?
Sorry for grammer. Gotta go for a bit, but will check back later.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem
I only read to page 2, but stopped there to discus the thread that I was reading to my spouce. So, forgive me if this has already been asked...
This guy kicked in the door? Wait those doors have to open out for safety code reasons. How sure are we that he ki ked the door in?
Sorry for grammer. Gotta go for a bit, but will check back later.

i heard a witness say that somone in the crowd watching got up and opened the door.....after recieving a phone call apparantly

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NAMTERCES

Don't worry about it. These posts are all random too. Just enjoy the ride.

well said...got to laugh...you hit the nail on the head...

i just realised...how literal do people think these comments are.....FYI, mine are just off the cuff, BS. take all i say as entertainment....thats all

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
My take on this situation on the information we have is this teenager(that's what he is) couldn't distinguish reality from fiction anymore. His friend has come forward and said that he became withdrawn into the video game World of War craft. I met a Sheriff from L.A. about a month ago(randomly) and he explained to me how is son started stealing and on drugs to play the game. This is the second person I have come to have information about having issues with this video game. So I wonder is this video game sending subliminal messages to people? I think this game needs to be looked at in full detail. I have read many stories online of perfectly normal people getting lost in this game. There has to be something in the video game causing people to become so addicted to it and losing reality. My hunch there is subliminal messages going on the game.

Dude, don't blame Warcraft, I have been playing it for 5 years and I am a very successful professional (in my own little world in my head).

I know a lot of folks from WoW who are ordinary beer drinking folks.

However I will give you a star because I totally agree with that there is something very very nefarious about World of Warcraft and you don't notice it until you've been playing for a long time.

People like this dude may well have had an odd personality that was on a tipping point, the focus of which was exasperated by playing something as all consuming as Word of Warcraft.

There is something inherently evil about it (and certain other games) but I think it's not deliberate, it's a result of becoming a slave to the machine.

Also take into account our society, we live in a world people interact virtually as opposed to physically - I do it at work, I will message a colleague even though he is behind me because it's easier to do that first and then talk to him.

In our guild on WoW we had one character like that, extreme personality who creeped people out but I felt sorry for him, he probably lacked social skills on a certain level but found by projecting himself as a persona in WoW he could become someone.

Problem with games like WoW is they operate on greed and they amplify this attitude - Elitism or wanting to be seen as someone who has achieved something, not wanting to be left behind, the game is still so consuming...hours can go by and it literally sucks your soul out.

Anyway I digress, you should start a thread on the dangers of gaming ^^

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Twisted words is right. Not your post, but your chosen name.

WoW has had millions of players. 12 million at one point, excluding Asia I believe. I played it for 5 years, many people have played it. Either your a troll, or you aren't capable of thinking except in the form of generalizing with very poor conclusions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

No. Video games don't trigger people the kill other people.
Music or Movies don't either.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I have been playing video games for 22 years.

I haven't ran around murdering people or using firearms. I have only picked up 1 gun in my life and that was a BB gun when I was 12.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

WoW has had millions of players. 12 million at one point, excluding Asia I believe. I played it for 5 years, many people have played it. Either your a troll, or you aren't capable of thinking except in the form of generalizing with very poor conclusions.

Exactly...
Blaming games, guns, music, etc., etc, is just a cop out for what lies beneath the issues at hand.

If someone if effected negatively by a fantasy, such as an MMORPG perhaps they already had underlying problems. The games are NOT a cause.
edit on 23-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Probably trying to derail the thread.

Who thinks this guy is a MKULTRA patsy?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by old_god

No. Video games don't trigger people the kill other people.
Music or Movies don't either.

While there is no excuse for it, and no specific trigger for it, I have to think that the de-sensitizing has to play at least a part. I'm wondering if this Holmes character gave up so easily and warned the cops about his booby trap as a direct result of regret having seen the carnage first hand. It certainly wasn't anything like the video games we have all played. I think the graphic movies, news, games has to at least play a small part.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by murkraz

Exactly...
Blaming games, guns, music, etc., etc, is just a cop out for what lies beneath the issues at hand.

If someone if effected negatively by a fantasy, such as an MMORPG perhaps they already had underlying problems. The games are NOT a cause.

Exactly, colourful forests and other terrain with epic music doesn't promote violence. It promotes getting your e-peen hard and showing off your loots and achievements.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by dreamingawake

Probably trying to derail the thread.

Who thinks this guy is a MKULTRA patsy?

100%

I can admit that we could be wrong, but it's a feeling that is gnawing at the back of my conscience that keeps quarrelling with all that I'm reading, seeing and hearing. It seems like a giant charade aimed at influencing general opinion and making people think and feel a certain way. The guy appears as though a lobotomy was performed on him.

With regards to Osama and 9/11, the US soldier shooting rampage and now this. These three seem to bleed with false flag, false information, and/or severe mind control.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection

I have a couple of questions,

Anyone who was not born yesterday should have leaned that in life sometimes very bad things happen and there is no rational explanation for it.

Sometimes bad things happen & evil people do terrible things. PERIOD!

There is no way to justify it, there is no way to keep it from happening again, there is no way to predict it, there is no way to rationalize it.

Random evil in a chaotic world.

People who think there is a conspiracy behind everything either:
A. Doesn't understand how the world works.....or
B. needs to get a life and get out there more.

There's no such thing as a random event. There's causality behind everything. That's how humans learn and progress. THIS is how you understand how the world works, by understanding causality.

Dismissing something as just "evil" is what they did in the dark ages when they thought schizophrenics were demon possessed. Its also a very convenient reason for people to not take responsibility in finding solutions to problems.

Funny that, since the film itself has already been been given a critigue as one of an applied methodology, which implies both cause and effect, in the story line and in the 'message' which it does have.

The message in this case is very complicated, since it seems to have sympathy for Batman in trouble financially, but also a problem with his caped crusading, making it hard to know exactly who are the hero's. It's all about money in that way, and no different than the providential 'Die hard' movies, all about money.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

I hope you for the best.

If it's not too much to ask for, can I see the picture that you've claimed is the guy that's the shooter?

Not to say I don't believe you, just to for myself the intention of the person.

They say that a person that is perceptive of Auras can see the person's intention, feeling, and what he or she is going through.

This is my opinion. And thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Her quote to me was, "I showed up 14 minutes after shoots were fired, just in time to begin pulling bodies out of there."

No it was not, read you post on friday morning. Now you are just changing your story.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

I hope you for the best.

If it's not too much to ask for, can I see the picture that you've claimed is the guy that's the shooter?

Not to say I don't believe you, just to for myself the intention of the person.

They say that a person that is perceptive of Auras can see the person's intention, feeling, and what he or she is going through.

This is my opinion. And thanks.

Images of James Holmes
BEFORE Scroll down for picture
AFTER

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ok, two things to remember as an absolute fact.
1. MK Ultra was a real program.
Documented, and exposed.
No dispute, they would not have paid out victims if it wasn't.
It was a known Manchurian candidate type program.
There is no way in hell that they ended it, if it worked, and why wouldn't it?.
The human mind is a pliable thing, with the right individual.
It was the CIA for christ sakes, they funded some guy to stare at a goat to try and crush it's heart.
2.The coincidences in this, and every other incident are...untenable.
In this day and age, of security everywhere to nth degree, as you have stated, and this stuff still happens?
Are we to believe that we need more security?

There are two choices in that scenario..
1. The existing overbearing security, provided by whomever is responsible for that, is wholly inept and virtually useless theater....
OR...
2. Random gunmen can always find away around the otherwise impenetrable wall of "freedom" above said security gives us, making any attempt null and void, therefore why waste the time and cash...

So the answer is either...more freedom giving security, right?
Because we all know ineptitude x more ineptitude = safety/freedom.
Or,
.....it is all one big show, from the security, to the attack, to the response.
To what end?
Why, to give you more freedom giving security, because ineptitude x more ineptitude = safety/freedom...that's why...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If that was the same person, I think he would be talking about a clown wearing red, with funny dyed red hair. Not a goatee....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join