It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shoot at Mums, children, release dog on woman holding child.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

So apparently the local residents were protesting an alleged shooting in the area. The situation turned ugly very quickly, with the police officers shooting several non-lethal rounds at children, mothers and seated bystanders.

Residents, protesting what they say is an increased police violence against them in the community, started the near riot on nearby La Palma.

After the shooting, the cops then release a vicious police dog, which then attacks a seated man and a mother with a child in her arms.

Police also set a K-9 officer on one woman and a bystander they said were agitating the situation.

Said Susan Lopez, “I had my baby with me. My baby! The dog scratched me and then grabbed me.” She added, “They shot at me while I was holding a baby!” Another woman yelled, “They just shot at us, they shot at a little kid, too.”

VIDEO included in the link.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was wondering if someone would post on this.

My friend who is living with me ATM, grew up on that street, both of my friends from Anahiem are actually hanging out here in perris with me.

They both agree you do not want to go in that area...

Its like the area called the Jungle in down town, its just bad.

People there have a signal usually a loud whistle and all the residence of that little U turn street coming running.

Anything coming out of there I would take with a grain of salt, ITS really bad.

As in don't go there you will get stabbed bad, or the Police don't like going there unless they are in force.

go look at the intersection on Google maps, its a perfect choke point as well, My friend tells me that they will block off the ends with dumpsters to trap cars in... for various purposes.
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The police offered to buy the videos
off the bystanders...
why ?
so they can destroy the evidence
before its used against them...

Dood a bad neighborhood
does not mean open season
on women & children....

that dog attacked near a baby's
stroller
whats wrong with these guys

edit on 7/22/2012 by spoonbender because:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thanks for your reply. That probably explains why the cops were so highly strung.

But still, the cops are supposed to be professional, so shooting children and mums with rubber bullets won't be doing their reputation any good either.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Benryl, you know this area by the sound of it and I grew up just east of it in Orange. This baffles me... Santa Ana? I can see the cops doing this. I could even see Garden Grove PD doing this. Anaheim though? The Pansy Patrol?? I mean, no offense to Disn...err..Anaheim's finest and all, but if ever there was a Public Relation department carrying badges, these are them. This must have gotten wildly out of hand for them to do this.

It's no shock what cops do...but these cops and in this place. Hell, just using harsh language in the wrong time, place and context can get these guys a talking to. Shooting up the local population..rubber or not...is about as bad for P.R. and Disney operations on a bad year, as it gets.

I look forward to more context. There must be more.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

This is disgusting.It shows how brutal american police is that it can unleash dogs on babies.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

We heard about this from someone in Anaheim as it was happening, the type of violence on that street is bad.

Keep in mind im talking to people who have lived on that street, they say it is not uncommon for the Residence to harass the cops out of their neighborhood.

One friend said he recalled an incident growing up where a cop car was on pursuit of a vehicle that entered there and the residence all blocked the road so the cop just left.

Thats the type of things that happen there.

Dont get me wrong Anacrimes PD suck ass, just this might be one case they might of just been in the right.

HERES a good question, WHO TAKES THEIR BABY to an officer involved shooting...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Benryl, you know this area by the sound of it and I grew up just east of it in Orange. This baffles me... Santa Ana? I can see the cops doing this. I could even see Garden Grove PD doing this. Anaheim though? The Pansy Patrol?? I mean, no offense to Disn...err..Anaheim's finest and all, but if ever there was a Public Relation department carrying badges, these are them. This must have gotten wildly out of hand for them to do this.

Wrabbit this tells me you have been to the wrong part of the OC, there are areas of Anaheim you don't drive through in the dark....

I am a large bald hispanic that fits right in and I avoid areas of Anaheim like the plague.

We call Anaheim Anacrime, its bad in areas...

Gangs shootings etc...

Dont let Disney veneer fool you, where do you think all those Minimum wage employees that fuel Disney live..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This story/video are truly disgusting. What's worse is that nothing will be done to any officers involved. They will get a slap on the wrist from the head of their department, or a quick "Hey don't do that again...wink."...

Absurd.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, I'll admit it's been about 20 years since I was in the Apartment blocks West of what used to be the West Gate to the parking lot...what is now California Adventures. Everything from 1 block west to about 4 blocks beyond that was Crackville and whatever else a person could imagine.... yeah, I recall how funny I and others found it to be among the worst of society and partying it up...within a few blocks of the 'Happiest Place On Earth'. The irony was never lost.

I'll bet you know just where I'm talking about for the apartment blocks, by the sounds of things. Of course, Downtown Disney and Ca. Adv make it all hard to place landmarks after so long..but I'd not suggest Anaslime was ever anything like they wanted it to appear.

The Cops just had a well deserved rep for being P.R. first and cop second if ever a camera or tourist may be afoot and watching. Santa Ana got aid calls into the wild parties as I'd hear talked about growing up. Let the SAPD take the brutality complaints, was the thinking. Anahiem PD was too precious for such dirty work.
I guess things have changed A LOT since I was living there years ago.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I have one question:

Why, the blue f^%k, would a police dog behave like this?

If his handler/partner had better self-control the dog would NEVER behave like this. Don't know anything about either of these two. To state that "the dog was out of his handlers control" and "while the officer was trying to REGAIN control"? Police were in no way in control of that scene.

Fired. Retired. Done.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Its certainly gotten worse.

I have cousins that grew up in Anaheim as well, Me I grew up in Whittier. Lets just say the cousins always visited us not the other way around.

The PD there has certainly gotten harsher, and some would say exceedingly racist.

Fullerton, Brea, Anaheim, all have had police abuses recently.

Anahiem PD had me at gun point one time when I was 22 because I was picking up my aunt from work (because it was a bad area) was parked. They rolled up beside me, I waved, and tried to talk to them being Compliant as well, and they threw me down to the floor and cuffed me.

They pulled into a private parking lot (the owners and people at work their knew I was there to pick up my aunt, they received NO call about me, it was just two cops deciding to kills some time i guess.

So IM not trying to defend the police, I am trying to say the people in that area will openly mess with a cop if hes not with back up.

And even than you see what can errupt.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

How sad to hear.... Orange County was never the place I'd love to imagine as peaceful and happy for all, but it was never like you describe now. I guess the saying about 'You can never go home' has many meanings and I'll just be content to remember those places as they were when I last lived there. The memories are so much better than the reality this thread shows and you're describing. How horrible and pathetic.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Being from Fullerton and knowing this area in Anaheim pretty well, I can only add to the opinion that that area is extremely dangerous. It has been more than 20 years since I was there, and it was horrendous back then- I can't imagine now....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Wrabbit I'm sick of the entire So Ca region, august 16 I'm out of this cesspool.

Im old enough to remember nicer areas, but even Whittier a fairly nice suburb degraded as time passed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

just this might be one case they might of just been in the right.

After watching the video it's clear there was nothing "right" about this. These people felt there was a need to express their concerns and protest police action, and you think the "right" way to respond to it is to open fire on a crowd of civilians containing children and babies and unleash dogs onto them?

Maybe if the people attacked the police first then perhaps there may have been some reason to retaliate in the way they did, but from everything I've read they merely tried to break up the protest by firing rubber bullets into the crowd, and lettings dogs attack people who were "agitating" the situation.

Honestly the police in that video look like an out of control gang of hooligans having a gun fight in the wild west, it's utterly insane. Only in America would you see people try and defend this type of absurd police action. So this is the "right" way to react when citizens attempt to protest and use their right to free speech hmmm?

And even if it turns out the police were attacked first (which I some how doubt), then they should have subdued and arrested the suspects in question, not start firing at random into a whole crowd and just let loose like a bunch of gun toting pigs on a power trip. This video can simply not be justified.

edit: and as for your ridiculous argument about what type of parents would bring their children to a gun fight scenario... I hardly think these people would have thought "hey look a gun fight, quick kids lets get in there!". They were near their own homes on their own territory having what was initially a non-violent protest and I highly doubt they expected to get shot at.
edit on 22/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

After watching the video it's clear there was nothing "right" about this. These people felt there was a need to express their concerns and protest police action, and you think the "right" way to respond to it is to open fire on a crowd of civilians containing children and babies and unleash dogs onto them?

Again there is more to this situation, There was a shooting, and everyone brings their children and babys to start harrassing the cops...

You think thats a wise thing to do, start throwing things at cops while holding your child?

That's all I am saying, this is one case where the cops probably felt legitimately threatened.

Should they have left the crime scene and let what ever evidence get trampled?

Once again, I am as much a the cops job is NOT to protect you type of person, once again Anaheim PD roughed me up once, a law abiding citizen who was waiting to pick up his elderly aunt...

So I am no advocate, but understand the video is only showing you a very narrow perspective of this.

We first heard about it from a txt msg at 4 something that stated "people where about to f--- up some cops for fun..." thats the txt he got, because his friend was driving by at the time.

Thats the type of mentality that exist in that area.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Again there is more to this situation, There was a shooting, and everyone brings their children and babys to start harrassing the cops...

You think thats a wise thing to do, start throwing things at cops while holding your child?

That's all I am saying, this is one case where the cops probably felt legitimately threatened.

Yes I'm quite sure they felt legitimately threatened by a bunch of mothers and their babies, who were presumably throwing baby diapers at the police, such that the correct course of action was in fact to open fire on the crowd and let loose attack dogs and go all out on their asses.

Honestly I don't have the time or energy to argue this any further with you, it's clear your mind is made up, and I have more important and stimulating things to attend to. Have a nice day.
edit on 22/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

mind is made up

Yes, because Ive been following the story since it first happened, I have had reports come in from friends in the area...

As well as PERSONAL history in the area

Im not just going on a snippit of cell phone vid... You must have some amazing skill that allows you to grasp all aspects of an issue from half assed news reporting.

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don`t much care what type area it is. Those officers all need lined up and shot at that distance with these non-lethal weapons.

And if the officer with the dog actually lost control of the dog he needs fired and charged and the dog put down as ours would be if they lost control.

This was a protest not a riot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join