It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hole Caught Exiting Host Galaxy (IMAGE)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

If my napkin math is correct it is less than half of 1% the speed of light. To put it into perspective it would take hundreds of years at that speed to reach our nearest neighboring star.

Maybe invest in a calculator? lol

It would take about 894 billion years to reach a neighbouring star! That's almost 65 times longer than the suspected age of the universe.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BagBing because: Did the correct math

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxus

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well ofcourse there are millions of blackholes in our galaxy alone. If we have a rogue black hole coming at our solar system you'd never know it until it started feeding on the largest planet it came to first. Almost enough to make you want to seek Jesus if you were a nonbeliever.

Why do you always have to bring up religion in these topics? There is no scientific proof for your Jesus, and it would not be enough for me to seek ''Jesus''. I'd have no reason to seek him. It would just be nature doing it's thing. So be it.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Taxus because: Always those damn edits again

Why can't you not ignore it? You ignored everything else and latched onto that. Does it anger you that i believe in the only higher power that created this universe in the first place? I am required of my Elohim Yahweh to proclaim his creation and his name, and blackholes and galaxies are all part of it.

Good day to you sir.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

False.

I used a calculator, maybe you should invest in one. For example, it would only take 165,000 years for the space shuttle to reach the next nearest star (Alpha Centari just over 4 light years away). That's at 17,600 mph. The black hole is ejecting from its galaxy at 3 million mph. Do the math.
edit on 22-7-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxus

Well ofcourse there are millions of blackholes in our galaxy alone. If we have a rogue black hole coming at our solar system you'd never know it until it started feeding on the largest planet it came to first. Almost enough to make you want to seek Jesus if you were a nonbeliever.

Why do you always have to bring up religion in these topics? There is no scientific proof for your Jesus, and it would not be enough for me to seek ''Jesus''. I'd have no reason to seek him. It would just be nature doing it's thing. So be it.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Taxus because: Always those damn edits again

Thats your choice. but when the mark of the beast is established. dont accept the mark.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

amen to that

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Why can't you not ignore it? You ignored everything else and latched onto that. Does it anger you that i believe in the only higher power that created this universe in the first place? I am required of my Elohim Yahweh to proclaim his creation and his name, and blackholes and galaxies are all part of it.

Good day to you sir.

It does not anger me that you believe in your ''Elohim Yahweh'', you have fully right to. What does anger me is that talk like you know it all, that you are so sure your God is the right one. What also annoys me is that you eliminate all other possibilities. That is arrogant behavior.

Good day to you.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

If my napkin math is correct it is less than half of 1% the speed of light. To put it into perspective it would take hundreds of years at that speed to reach our nearest neighboring star.

Maybe invest in a calculator? lol

It would take about 894 billion years to reach a neighbouring star! That's almost 65 times longer than the suspected age of the universe.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BagBing because: Did the correct math

Ouch....

You don't need a calc to do that kind of math, do you?

At about .5% of speed of light it takes an object approximatly 200 years to make 1 ly and to get to ~4.4 ly to our closest neighbor it would take about 880 years.

As someone said, make things as simple as possible, but not simpler then that.... (guess who
)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
None of this has to be true.

We don't know that black holes have any mass at all.

We don't know that there is any such thing as a gravitational wave from a black hole.

These are just theories made up to try to explain the things that are observed. It's a best guess. Nothing more.

Until any instrumentation can get close enough to a black hole and return, we won't know anything about them as fact. That's not gonna ever happen and the worlds scientists know it, so they can claim anything they want about black holes and get away with it. Millions of people are stupid enough to believe anything they hear without proof.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I love use of word never.... what they say - never say never....

It is incredible how much data scientists can gather by observation, so that even before we send first spacecrafts to for example Venus we had pretty good idea what was bellow clouds on the surface. (Carl Sagan was one who predicted fairly correctly what to expect and he was one of top experts on landing)

It is fairly safe to say that humans (if we don't exterminate ourselves) will eventually overcome complication and be able to observe even black holes, but not in our life time.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
None of this has to be true.

We don't know that black holes have any mass at all.

We don't know that there is any such thing as a gravitational wave from a black hole.

These are just theories made up to try to explain the things that are observed. It's a best guess. Nothing more.

Until any instrumentation can get close enough to a black hole and return, we won't know anything about them as fact. That's not gonna ever happen and the worlds scientists know it, so they can claim anything they want about black holes and get away with it. Millions of people are stupid enough to believe anything they hear without proof.

You obviously have no idea how science works.

No, we might not KNOW for certain this or that, but we can observe things and develop theories, accordignly

So..while a "theory" is indeed only a "best guess", there is nothing wrong with it since this is how you are able explain some things so that they fit in a meaningful context. Whether elements of the theory might turn out false or true later on - no problem either since scientific theories are not bound to a "bible" or similar, they CAN indeed be changed and revised

Your sentence "so they can claim anything they want about black holes and get away with it. " is just stupid. What you mean "get away with it?"..and even more, then you have the audacity to claim that people are "stupid" if they tend to accept a theory without proof.

Makes me wonder what you think about other, far, far more speculative theories eg. coming from pseudo scientists and religious people - where we deal with speculations which bare ANY substance whatsoever. But let me guess, you have some wisdom hidden up in your sleeves which can explain things MUCH BETTER than science, right?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

No, we might not KNOW for certain this or that, but we can observe things and develop theories, accordignly

So..while a "theory" is indeed only a "best guess", there is nothing wrong with it since this is how you are able explain some things so that they fit in a meaningful context. Whether elements of the theory might turn out false or true later on - no problem either since scientific theories are not bound to a "bible" or similar, they CAN indeed be changed and revised

Your sentence "so they can claim anything they want about black holes and get away with it. " is just stupid. What you mean "get away with it?"..and even more, then you have the audacity to claim that people are "stupid" if they tend to accept a theory without proof.

Oh yeah.. the audacity.. I think scientists have a lot of audacity stuffing some of the junk down the public's throat that they do.. Problem I have is after a while these things are taken as true facts when they were never proven in the first place. I'm telling people, Don't Believe It! Just cus the story is repeated time and time again, even by teachers, doesn't make it true.

The problem I have with the idea that " this is how you are able explain some things so that they fit in a meaningful context" is how without proof do you know they are just not giving you a snow job? You don't. Put this here, that there, make it sound all gooy even if you can never prove it, this is what people will come to believe. Scientists know this. They secretly want people to believe their theories as fact - it doesn't matter if they are or not. This is human nature. This is the same reason why scientists often in the face of new evidence disproving their pet theories refuse to acknowledge the new data. It's all well to say "The Method is that if such data it found, the theory is revised" but that doesn't always cut it in the real world. Human emotionalism is not subject to scientific method.

Sometimes, their explanations do actually seem to work well enough to get something else working, a new invention lets say. 20 years later even though the thing worked, scientists discover they were all wrong to begin with and have to try and re-explain why the thing does work because now, they haven't a clue.

Study some NASA and other web pages that talk about Black Holes.They are full of contradictions. Light cannot escape a black hole. Ever. Period End of Story. Yet, Black Holes use the energy of stars to create high energy light that does not get sucked into or escape from a black hole. What is Light? Photons. What is High Energy Light? Photons in an excited state. What about Photons in a excited state causes them to withstand the sucking power (supposedly by gravity) of a black hole when Nothing even Light can escape a black hole? The Humble Photon, mightier than a Super Massive Black Hole! ( which they say is at the center of Every Galaxy) yet, nothing gets sucked into them. There are many other contradictions like the wikipedia article from page 1. They are easily found if you look for them. The problem with the best guessing it is that one best guess doesn't necessarily back up and support the next one. This is how scientists tell on themselves. They do hope no one would notice because after all, they are only human and really want to be believed.

edit on 31-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: editing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join