It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind Christianity vs islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66

You must be a bonafide troll ?

I'm not gonna waste my time

edit on 23-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iIuminaIi

You must a bonafide troll ?

This made me laugh.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Based on this history, many Muslims reject using the crescent moon as a symbol of Islam. The faith of Islam has historically had no symbol, and many refuse to accept what is essentially an ancient pagan icon. It is certainly not in uniform use among Muslims.

islam.about.com...

Exactly, the people are rejecting, because they have no clue whats really going on. But whats about their religius leaders? Why dont they just ban the crescent moon? AFAIK, Islamic fundamentalists fears nothing but Allah. So why is the moon still in every Islamic prayer house then? You are talking in circles mate, you are definetely a disinfo guy. Congratulations

Strange how dedicated some posters are to rate a star? Who are you people, are you a traditional Islam since birth?
Or just paid trolls/impostors, or some escapist who believes he can be saved by an entity you dont even have a clue about?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66

Based on this history, many Muslims reject using the crescent moon as a symbol of Islam. The faith of Islam has historically had no symbol, and many refuse to accept what is essentially an ancient pagan icon. It is certainly not in uniform use among Muslims.

islam.about.com...

Exactly, the people are rejecting, because they have no clue whats really going on. But whats about their religius leaders? Why dont they just ban the crescent moon? AFAIK, Islamic fundamentalists fears nothing but Allah. So why is the moon still in every Islamic prayer house then? You are talking in circles mate, you are definetely a disinfo guy. Congratulations

Strange how dedicated some posters are to rate a star? Who are you people, are you a traditional Islam since birth?
Or just paid trolls/impostors, or some escapist who believes he can be saved by an entity you dont even have a clue about?

I am neither Christian or Muslim but have studied theology for well over 15 years. To reduce Islam or Christianity to mere Symbols that predates both religion by thousands of years is complete non sense. Do you think that these 3 billion followers care about the moon or sun ? No they don't, they care about the message and what it brings them.

Also good job on calling people trolls/impostors/ "disinfo guy" (hilarious) when you have been completely refuted on every aspect of your thread. A thread that starts with a false premise, that deals with deep content with surface details and that has Wikipedia for a source.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

islam.about.com...

I am neither Christian or Muslim but have studied theology for well over 15 years. To reduce Islam or Christianity to mere Symbols that predates both religion by thousands of years is complete non sense. Do you think that these 3 billion followers care about the moon or sun ? No they don't, they care about the message and what it brings them.

Also good job on calling people trolls/impostors/ "disinfo guy" (hilarious) when you have been completely refuted on every aspect of your thread. A thread that starts with a false premise, that deals with deep content with surface details and that has Wikipedia for a source.

Fantastic

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Uhhhh....I stopped reading after you said Muslims enter every room with their left foot. First, it does not really matter what foot you enter a room with. It is not a sin, you know.

2nd, we enter rooms with our right foot. For some reason, Islam likes the right side of the body more than the left. You should eat with your right hand too.

Is not that "piller" a sign of evil in the ancient Egyptian mythology? I can’t name in it in English but it is called مسلة in Arabic.

EDIT: Obelisk. The piller is called Obelisk in English. It is related to the Egyptian sun god, Ra. I just googled it, it might be wrong :p
edit on 23-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

As per earlier postings, it's no secret sexuality was widely explored in humanity's history. It may have been suppressed during stages but it has been present and still is today.

Regarding the above quote however, I believe this encapsulates an excluded perspective...

No secret to whom? Our youth is prety much brainwashed about what sexuality is really about
And lots of grown ups is actually still much insecure about their own sexuality, wont you say? And there is a deliberate effort to keep the public away from the real source of knowledge, ever since.

Thats probably because its a thing thats not everyone is able to comprehend just yet
And if I may ask: what is an alien anyway? Could you define what an alien is? Or cant you?

reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Wrong! There is a secret dark cabal. They are real! Do you have any commentary toward the recent Colorado shootings? Lil John's video clip. Have you dig further to the odd facts about the small town Aurora, where the incident took place? Whats about the Dark Knight Rises movie itself, and all the decoded messages it contains? Sorry OOT.

Yes I agree, one of our mental disease is ignorance and laziness. But it can worked out if we were not constantly being manipulated by the secret elite banking occultists. Indulgements and daily distressis one way to inflict apathy to the masses. Especially those living in big cities. Most of the people in urban setlements will take food and close for granted, when people in third world countries are working their ass off, and living in poverty and even starvations. There exists a balance.

But thats okay, we might have our own ways to explain something. Some readers might fall into your descriptions, and some probably will take mine better. Cmiiw. Thats also why I am against organized religion. And thats what Islam and Christianity is al about!they try to force people into submision, through lies or terror, both! Belief shall be private to every individual. The experience is to be intepreted solely by the one who is going through the experience himself. An attempt to generalize spiritual understanding would be misleading.
edit on 23-7-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by goh13
Uhhhh....I stopped reading after you said Muslims enter every room with their left foot. First, it does not really matter what foot you enter a room with. It is not a sin, you know.

2nd, we enter rooms with our right foot. For some reason, Islam likes the right side of the body more than the left. You should eat with your right hand too.

Is not that "piller" a sign of evil in the ancient Egyptian mythology? I can’t name in it in English but it is called مسلة in Arabic.

EDIT: Obelisk. The piller is called Obelisk in English. It is related to the Egyptian sun god, Ra. I just googled it, it might be wrong :p
edit on 23-7-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

And where did I actally ever spoke of Fiqh in this thread? Its not about the islamic laws, that only serve the purpose to control you grass root people. Misleaded public education is the key to keep the masses stupid and ignorant. Its about the Islamic symbolism, read between the line. This is no kiddo stuff.

The one eyed Dajjal is for example another symbolism to point toward pagan, ancient mystery schools you have not even a clue about.

And I am not certain that the pillar is a symbolism toward evil, in ancient Egyptian belief. Where did you get this?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Absolutely fantastic, and you dont even answer one of my questions, or even deny it. Bravo.

You seem to be of high confidence, that I would buy your story about being neither Christian nor a Moslem? So what are you really?

That all you got left, calling out my wiki source? What does it has anything to do anyway with the pagan facts I wrote about those two religions?
But I am sure, the real truth seeker will see the truth in this thread, and thats all that matters.

Please read my posts in thread. I have no time to explain it over and over again. Plus its draining me out. But thats exactly what trolls are trying to achieve, dont they?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think the op’s point that Christianity is a sun cult is correct (Jesus is a representation of the sun and so never existed) but linking Islam with the moon is more difficult

However there is the Satanic Verses
en.wikipedia.org...
Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans in Moe’s time and Allāt is linked with Venus and the Moon (she seems to have developed into the Roman goddess Venus)

Ok so in Arabic the word for God is “Ilah”, but Allah a specific name of a god – so is it possible that Allah is the masculinised name of the goddess Allat?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Albert einstein said:

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

You are very "unlearned" lovely.Next time i'd suggest you use bigger "magnifying glass" for Guileless research, babe.

Reply To Robert Morey's Moon-God Allah Myth: A Look At The Archaeological Evidence [color=grey]/ A must read for those who are seeking truth and surely falshood and ignorance shall perish.

One of the favourite arguments of the Christian missionaries over many years had been that Allah of the Qur'an was in fact a pagan Arab "Moon-god" from pre-Islamic times.

The seeds of this argument were sown by the work of the Danish scholar Ditlef Nielsen, who divided the Semitic deities into a triad of Father-Moon, Mother-Sun and Son-Venus.[1] His ideas (esp., triadic hypothesis) were used uncritically by later scholars who came to excavate many sites in the Near East and consequently assigned astral significance to the deities that they had found.

Since 1991 Ditlef Nielsen's views were given a new and unexpected twist by the Christian polemicist Robert Morey. In a series of pamphlets, books and radio programs, he claimed that "Allah" of the Qur'an was nothing but the pagan Arab "Moon-god". To support his views, he presented evidences from the Near East which can be seen in "Appendix C: The Moon God and Archeology" from his book The Islamic Invasion: Confronting The World's Fastest-Growing Religion and it was subsequently reprinted with minor changes as a booklet called The Moon-God Allah In The Archeology Of The Middle East.

[2] It can justifiably be said that this book lies at the heart of missionary propaganda against Islam today. The popularity of Morey's ideas was given a new breath of life by another Christian polemicist Jack T. Chick, who drew a fictionalised racially stereotyped story entitled "Allah Had No Son".

This jolly fella nails it

"We have the truth, we have the proof" - Yusuf Estes

Do Muslims Worship a moon god & a black box in the desert?

Bonus

'It really makes me think about becoming a Muslim"

'The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing,' he said.

edit on 22-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

deflecting from truth and speaking from trunk is not good enough naysayers

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I may sound rude, but to me, only stupid people will completely believe in the monotheistic god. Since they are too lazy or unable to thinker for themselves. Or just too deeply brainwashed in prolonged timespan.

And I want to add this. A ritual is a means to signify something that in reality has no meaning whatsoever. It gives people the illusion that the event/object has trully occured or trully exist. When in fact it is completely non-existent.

Why would something that trully exist want/need to be acknowledged of its existance, all the time? The only reason why something must be believed is because it never happened or doesnt really exist.

Originally posted by racasan
I think the op’s point that Christianity is a sun cult is correct (Jesus is a representation of the sun and so never existed) but linking Islam with the moon is more difficult

However there is the Satanic Verses
en.wikipedia.org...
Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans in Moe’s time and Allāt is linked with Venus and the Moon (she seems to have developed into the Roman goddess Venus)

Ok so in Arabic the word for God is “Ilah”, but Allah a specific name of a god – so is it possible that Allah is the masculinised name of the goddess Allat?

Interesting, "ha illah ha ilallah", means "there is no god beside allah" (or somewhat like that).

And there is also a Surah in the Qoran, "Ar Room", which is translated to "the Roman". But I have read it a litle bit, and I am afraid there is nothing in it related with the Roman. Some verses are also suspicious what the meanings are. Cmiiw, but is this another proof Islam is made by the secret mystery school, whom the Roman patricians were part of?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

And I want to add this. A ritual is a means to signify something that in reality has no meaning whatsoever. It gives people the illusion that the event/object has trully occured or trully exist. When in fact it is completely non-existent. Why would something that trully exist want/need to be acknowledged of its existance, all the time? The only reason why something must be believed is because it never happened or doesnt really exist.

No - you don't understand at all!

Rituals are not for humans at all - they are for the inorganic awareness of Archonic forces - that is their operating language. It is so they can effect the physical world that the rituals are performed - and the reason we need to believe in them, is because without us they have no volition and no creativity - instead they have hijacked and manipulated ours.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

but is this another proof Islam is made by the secret mystery school, whom the Roman patricians were part of?

the crescent moon/star (or sun) symbol has an interesting history

The Mesopotamian symbol of Baal-Hadad—the crescent or half moon receiving the sun god

Or
Assyrian Cylinder Seal. the sun resting on a crescent-shaped moon

Or
The Roman Catholic monstrances use a crescent moon to mount the wafer-god, thus duplicating the pagan imagery of the solar disc in a crescent, the ancient symbol of cosmic conception

Or
Egyptian Madonna, Isis, with her son, Horus.

So this crescent moon cupping a star/sun/venus symbolism is very old and looks like it is associated with ancient religions from the Middle East (possibly with a central sky god and 3 goddesses - Nammu, Inanna, Ishtar for example)

So I think you can prove a link to someone in islam and the mystery schools but I personally think Moe was just a free lance cult leader who saw how successful the Romans where with christianity and he created his version of that cultural control system (only his cult didn’t die out on his death)

What I did find interesting is that this crescent moon/star symbol might still be used by someone?

There are more here
www.blogger-index.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
The sun and the moon
Exactly!
What's up with the middle east women then? I haven't seen evedence of them being empowered by their reverence to the moon, or aren't they allowed to? It is a very 'man' run area.
The sun is most deffinately masculine
In this lays the reason they keep their women out of the sun, not just the weather/climate, and only their eyes show.

He is the judge, but she is the death dealer imo....maybe....

I like your thread though, sorry for rambling, just glad someone else is thinking along these lines too. makes me feel less freakish and confused.
Who says moon is feminine.
According to Hindus, he is a male.

I believe all planetary bodies including moons are female in origin, the sun is most definitely a male energy though, this is of course just my uneducated opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
excuse me if I am not talking about sun moon or stars ..........

those books that have been altered and mistranslated and written by human there are many many wrong attitudes towards God and prophets. although you can still find truths among them. but Quran has been kept by it's original arabic words. and you can find only one Quran in the world but many misundrestandings of it !
if you can reach the Barnabas gospel in vatican, then you will realize the true facts about Jesus and the relation between Islam and Christianity ! and that SUN and MOON Gods are humanmade.

Bible Deuteronomy 33:2 (New International Version, ©2011)
""" He said:The LORD came from Sinai""" there is a consensus that it is about Moses
""""and dawned over them from Seir;""" I say this is about Jesus (although jews leaders may not compeletly agree)
""" he shone forth from Mount Paran(mountains around Mecca).He came with[a] myriads(ten thousands) of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.""" whom do you think the last refers to!? (although christians and jews leaders do not agree)

And from Gospel of Barnabass that is banned by vatican: barnabas.net

chapter 17:: jesus says""" But after me shall come the Splendour of all the prophets and holy ones, and shall shed light upon the darkness of all that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God' And having said this, Jesus sighed and said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord God; and look with pity upon Abraham and upon his seed, in order that they may serve thee with truth of heart.""'

chapter 82:: """The woman answered: "We look for the Messiah; when he comes he will teach us." Jesus answered: "Know you, woman, that the Messiah must come?" *She answered: "Yes, Lord." Then Jesus rejoiced, and said: "So far as I see, O woman, you are faithful: know therefore that in the faith of the Messiah shall be saved every one that is elect of God; therefore it is necessary that you know the coming of the Messiah;." The woman said: "O Lord, perhaps you are the Messiah." Jesus answered: "I am indeed sent to the House of Israel as a prophet of salvation; but after me shall come the Messiah, sent of God to all the world; for whom God has made the world.""""

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all are Islam( submission to God)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I may sound rude, but to me, only stupid people will completely believe in the monotheistic god. Since they are too lazy or unable to thinker for themselves. Or just too deeply brainwashed in prolonged timespan.

And I want to add this. A ritual is a means to signify something that in reality has no meaning whatsoever. It gives people the illusion that the event/object has trully occured or trully exist. When in fact it is completely non-existent.

And it sound that you are not stupid cuz you dont believe in monotheistic God. Sometimes i wonder about people like you. Are you willing to compare and compete your brain with any people who believe in monotheist God, to know who is smarter?
If there any person who believe of monotheist God that smarter than you, what you are then in your own opinion? In this case you can choose any knowledge you prefer.

I dont want to comment to this thread cuz it is too obvious, but since you keep saying about representative of female and male, energy, yin and yang, what you know about that?
Have you learn about living energy, and till how far you learn and mastered it? How far you can see or go to other dimension, and until what dimension?

From one of your post you said you are come from Indonesia, and so am i. You can easily find someone who know about energy. Are you ever challenge them in any way? Do you know how it works? Have you debate with a good ulama about islam from spiritual view? and from you view about male and female energy?

Here how you think about something and it is kind of trend inhere lately. You see point A. Then you see point F.
You see another point Y. Forget about what is A, F or Y, just connect it and add something as filler from empty air.

Another thing for everyone who only think religion just only about physical thing. Have everyone heard that religion is about spiritual? Have anyone learn about your own spirituality?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Since posts about crescent moons seem to be the "in" thing in this section of ATS, at the moment.... let me post a bunch of random images involving the crescent and score a few stars.

Crescent moon in hinduism

Crescent moon in sikhism

Celtic crescent moon

Japanese crescent moon

Birthday cake crescent moon

gnome and crescent moon

Dreamworks crescent moon

I wouldn't be surprised if the crescent moon obsessed fundamentalists think they are all the part of the same thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The crescent moon and star is an internationally-recognized symbol of the faith of Islam. The symbol is featured on the flags of several Muslim countries, and is even part of the official emblem for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. The Christians have the cross, the Jews have the star of David, and the Muslims have the crescent moon, right?

What is the history behind the crescent moon symbol? What does it symbolize or mean? How and when did it become associated with the faith of Islam? Is it a valid symbol for the faith?

The crescent moon and star symbol actually pre-dates Islam by several thousand years. Information on the origins of the symbol are difficult to ascertain, but most sources agree that these ancient celestial symbols were in use by the peoples of Central Asia and Siberia in their worship of sun, moon, and sky gods. There are also reports that the crescent moon and star were used to represent the Carthaginian goddess Tanit or the Greek goddess Diana.

The city of Byzantium (later known as Constantinople and Istanbul) adopted the crescent moon as its symbol. According to some reports, they chose it in honor of the goddess Diana. Others indicate that it dates back to a battle in which the Romans defeated the Goths on the first day of a lunar month. In any event, the crescent moon was featured on the city's flag even before the birth of Christ.

The early Muslim community did not really have a symbol. During the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-colored flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.

It wasn't until the Ottoman Empire that the crescent moon and star became affiliated with the Muslim world. When the Turks conquered Constantinople (Istanbul) in 1453, they adopted the city's existing flag and symbol. Legend holds that the founder of the Ottoman Empire, Osman, had a dream in which the crescent moon stretched from one end of the earth to the other. Taking this as a good omen, he chose to keep the crescent and make it the symbol of his dynasty. There is speculation that the five points on the star represent the five pillars of Islam, but this is pure conjecture. The five points were not standard on the Ottoman flags, and as you will see on the following page, it is still not standard on flags used in the Muslim world today.

For hundreds of years, the Ottoman Empire ruled over the Muslim world. After centuries of battle with Christian Europe, it is understandable how the symbols of this empire became linked in people's minds with the faith of Islam as a whole.

islam.about.com...

Truth is here - Crescent moon explained *Read the above quote*

The Archaeological Evidence

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

A popular meme on ATS is that there is a powerful group of people who have secretly been directing human civilisation since the beginning

They are usually referred to as tptb (the powers that be) and according to popular belief they are out there they can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with, they doesn't feel pity or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

And one more thing – it is believed that they signal their presence using symbolism

So if I have understood the op’s intentions with this thread then I thought it worth pointing out that, like it or lump it the crescent moon/star symbol associated with Islam is a bit suspicious

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join