It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There are item near the rear on the passenger side.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I will say though, in the police audio one of the officers says he sees gas masks (plural) prior to the arrest. But I don't know if he's saying that because he is looking at a lot of random tactical gear so he said it in plural or if he in fact had a visual on more than one mask.

The other thing is, any of the gear on the ground I would assume to have been there already - not placed on the ground by the officers. Anything they physically remove from his person would either be neatly placed in one area or taken with them to the station during booking. They don't just add items to the ground and mark it as evidence if they themselves put it in that specific location.

So... Did James start changing out of the gear once the police saw him? Why is it all so scattered about? The arrest seemed like it was the most peaceful surrender ever per news reports. I feel like something happened during the arrest we don't know about. He was found wearing all his gear yet the photos show the gear is randomly thrown about with the mask being VERY far away.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think a new thread is in order that lists the known facts and consolidates and clarifies all this speculation. There are links to the police scanner (which I do not have) that are as close to the event as the public can get at this point.

I mean, really. What have we come to here.... Trying to rationalize that a Neuroscience PhD is something anyone can do? Absurd. Preposterous. And clearly misinformed and misinforming. It sounds like, "Well. Rocket Science isn't Rocket Science." Silly. I think I will listen to the professor who has intimate knowledge of this educational process.

Could someone who is familiar with protocol answer my earlier question (or maybe I posted it elsewhere): When the case is sealed as it has been, ever so abruptly, what exactly does that entail? Wouldn't finding a crazy book that infers premeditation fall under the umbrella of this sealing? Does sealing the case only mean withholding actual facts and evidence from the public? Please explain!

ETA: These News Yarns are so silly... it's almost as if the creators are testing the boundaries of believability, and the hilarity of someone actually buying this crap without questioning it...

edit on 7/25/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add rant

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Im sorry, I didn't know autism was treated as a mentail illness. That's not right.
I have acquired brain injury ABI. I don't know how your daughter feels but I just know this brain not working business is hard to cope with, for everyone involved.

Re Holmes, , yes I see the member above said he got extension until Monday to be charged.

Mental disorders

A range of developmental disorders that initially occur in childhood may be diagnosed, for example autism spectrum disorders, oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which may continue into adulthood.

That's just wiki. Because she was born missing the part of her brain that connects the left half of her brain with the right, she is also classified as a traumatic brain injury. Think of her as an apple with no core. The best way to describe it is her body is a state, and one half of her brain is a major city and the other half is another major city. One city is telling the state what to do, and the other city is telling the state what to do at the same time. The state is confused because it doesn't know which city to listen to so it's listening to both of them and the state is getting all discombobulated. There's no coordination whatsoever. No balance.

Holmes, I don't know if he has a mental illness, a high functioning autistic, both, or what. I do wonder though. We'll see how this plays out I guess.

Ok I think I get it. Thanks.
My right brain hemisphere is damaged extensively, not telling the body or mind what to do. I lost my motor skills, can't walk or have use of both arms. I'm learning to walk but my arm, hand will never recover they say. My free govt funded therapy ran out last year. It was good when I had it. They provided Physio, OT, and Psycologists

You could be right about Holmes having some undisguised brain abnormality.

I think we will hear more about Holmes once people who knew him speak out. Right now the school and students have orders not to talk to the media, unless that changed?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

Thats never made sense to me, they say he was found wearing the gear. Saying even that at first they wondered if he was police , dressed in all black. Then there is all this gear on the ground, making it appear he was tossing it, which would explain the evidence being tagged " as found"

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

I don't know but I think that does mean withholding facts from the public so as not to taint the jury pool. Or it means the lawyers can't talk. Not sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
There are item near the rear on the passenger side.

They also tagged the inside of the passenger door. Did Holmes touch that or was it his accomplice?

In the same photo I saw that, the drivers door didn't have the tags.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Did you notice that in the close pic of the mask, it is evidence marker 1 and behind it is marker 3. In the pic of the FBIs walking with the mask (marker 1) behind them that one man has marker 3 in his hand.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Im sorry, I didn't know autism was treated as a mentail illness. That's not right.
I have acquired brain injury ABI. I don't know how your daughter feels but I just know this brain not working business is hard to cope with, for everyone involved.

Re Holmes, , yes I see the member above said he got extension until Monday to be charged.

Mental disorders

A range of developmental disorders that initially occur in childhood may be diagnosed, for example autism spectrum disorders, oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which may continue into adulthood.

That's just wiki. Because she was born missing the part of her brain that connects the left half of her brain with the right, she is also classified as a traumatic brain injury. Think of her as an apple with no core. The best way to describe it is her body is a state, and one half of her brain is a major city and the other half is another major city. One city is telling the state what to do, and the other city is telling the state what to do at the same time. The state is confused because it doesn't know which city to listen to so it's listening to both of them and the state is getting all discombobulated. There's no coordination whatsoever. No balance.

Holmes, I don't know if he has a mental illness, a high functioning autistic, both, or what. I do wonder though. We'll see how this plays out I guess.

Ok I think I get it. Thanks.
My right brain hemisphere is damaged extensively, not telling the body or mind what to do. I lost my motor skills, can't walk or have use of both arms. I'm learning to walk but my arm, hand will never recover they say. My free govt funded therapy ran out last year. It was good when I had it. They provided Physio, OT, and Psycologists

You could be right about Holmes having some undisguised brain abnormality.

I think we will hear more about Holmes once people who knew him speak out. Right now the school and students have orders not to talk to the media, unless that changed?

See with her, we had to teach her how to toss a ball from one hand to the other because her brain couldn't grasp the concept of having the other hand reaching out to catch it. Aquatic therapy helped with that, but sometimes she still has problems. She is 16 but operates on a 5 year old level. She has an IQ of 50. She has what's considered mental retardation. Between the autism, agenesis of the corpus callosum (missing the 250 billion nerve fibers that connect the two halves of the brain (she's considered a split brain personality since she has two brains technically), and epilepsy. She will never be older than 5 mentally. So now it is a matter of placement. She's too old to be placed with children, too young to be placed with adults, hence the psych ward.

I do believe the judge did place a gag order on certain aspects of the case on the media so I think interviews with friends and possibly family are out. I think, so don't quote me. It would be interesting to hear what they have to say as they knew him more than others. I'd be curious as to his state of mind, if mental illness was starting to show, if the psychologist he sent the notebook too was a doctor of his, or just a school professor he knew. Either way lots of questions and no answers.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
Trying to rationalize that a Neuroscience PhD is something anyone can do? Absurd. Preposterous. And clearly misinformed and misinforming. It sounds like, "Well. Rocket Science isn't Rocket Science." Silly. I think I will listen to the professor who has intimate knowledge of this educational process.

James Holmes didn't even get a Ph.D. in Neauroscience... he dropped out.

ANYONE can get a Ph.D. in Neuroscience... Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool.
edit on 25-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

well i just listend to the 16 minute audeo of the police as it was going on.at 5:22 police say they have the suspect in white car with gass masks (plural) and rifles. , at around 8:20 they are looking for someone else in a white and blue plaid shirt., at 10;00 they say suspect says only 1 person but witneses are conflicting that.
Its an interesting listen

can some else listen and hear if they pick up anything i missed? its kinda hard to understand in places

link:
www.liveleak.com...

edit on 25-7-2012 by tluna1 because: more info

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ANYONE can??? I'm pretty sure I know dozens of people who couldn't pass a cake decorating class let alone acquire a Ph.D in nuero sciences. That's a pretty bold statement.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

he had more then one gas mask if they saw at least 1 in the car and 1 on the ground. why would he need more then 1?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

ANYONE can??? I'm pretty sure I know dozens of people who couldn't pass a cake decorating class let alone acquire a Ph.D in nuero sciences. That's a pretty bold statement.

Yes, anyone can. Those people that you claim couldn't pass a cake decorating class COULD get a Ph.D. in neuroscience if they really wanted. They just have to really want it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

Trying to rationalize that a Neuroscience PhD is something anyone can do? Absurd. Preposterous. And clearly misinformed and misinforming. It sounds like, "Well. Rocket Science isn't Rocket Science." Silly. I think I will listen to the professor who has intimate knowledge of this educational process.

ANYONE can get a Ph.D. in Neuroscience... Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool.

ok you registered 12-13 days ago.

No getting a PHD means you a pretty educated fellow. Not a undisciplined uneducated fool. Sorry you failed.
edit on 25-7-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

Reading comprehension and spelling are real time wasters, aren't they? Let me clarify for simplicity:
James Holmes was working toward a PhD in Neuroscience. He was one of six students to receive a government grant. He holds a Bachelor's in Neuroscience and graduated with top honors.

SOURCE

trolling abound

edit on 7/25/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add troll warning

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

What does my registration date have anything do to with getting a Ph.D. ?

As for the rest of your comment... I never confirmed nor denied having a Ph.D., so it is you that failed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why are you trying to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person? It’s like beating your head against a brick wall.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1

Why are you trying to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person? It’s like beating your head against a brick wall.
*raises hand* weak-willed! (ow. my head hurts)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Everything you stated I already know, and I posted it long before you on this topic. So maybe you are the one that needs to obtain some reading comprehension skills.

My reply to you was to clarify that he didn't have a Ph.D. in neuroscience, because by your reply, it seemed you were implying he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join