It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

You bringing up the lazy eye is interesting. I thought that also but in the mug shoot it looked like it was the left eye, in this pic it looks like the right eye.

Maybe that look is just the picture angle or his eye position
edit on 7/25/2012 by roadgravel because: add

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

EXCLUSIVE: Movie massacre suspect sent chilling notebook to psychiatrist before attack

Stick figures shooting other stick figures.

So let me get this straight.... The FBI shows up at this psychiatrist's office, with whom Holmes had probably never had previous contact (are we just mailing manifestos to random people now?), looking for another package but they just 'happen' to find ANOTHER package that HAPPENS to be the 'smoking gun,' so to speak, for the the premeditation case? And, amidst a really high profile investigation, the university was completely unaware that said package even existed, even though it had been just lying around the mailroom for who knows how long with Holmes' return address on it. Uh huh. Yup. Totally plausible.
edit on 25-7-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

Couple more things:

Don't you think the FBI would have already checked ALL packages or letters sent to the University?

What would make the shrink even think the first package was from Holmes?

Why would he send a package BEFORE the shooting to someone who would be required to report it to the police?

Why send it to a shrink and not someone in the lab he worked in or someone in the media?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Was this the suspicious package mentioned in the news yesterday or was that another. Guessing it is the same.

ETA: sorry, I reread and there were two. Looks like it was there before the shooting.
edit on 7/25/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

They give dolts these major scholarships now do they?

Sorry, but I have been saying from the beginning... you don't have to be super intelligent to go to college, get a degree, and try to earn a Ph.D., nor do you need to be highly intelligent to win a scholarship. You just have to do your homework and memorize information, etc., which does not equate to intelligence.

It is quite an annoying perpetual myth in society that going to college, and becoming a college graduate, on a scholarship, etc., makes someone highly intelligent. The myth is mostly perpetuated by college graduates who feel highly accomplished, and need to pat themselves on the back for going through such a rigorous sheep boot camp. It is quite a chore and takes years to get certain degrees, and this amount of work and time creates the illusion that one's intelligence has increased. Surly you learn certain facts and understanding in the process, but it doesn't make you more intelligent.

edit on 25-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Since you have been following the thread I'm sure you've seen where I and others have questioned the gas mask laying 150+ feet away from Holmes' car where police and news reports indicate he he was found with the mask on. What logical explanation is there for this? I'm all for a simple, logical explanations to this madness. Right now though, that's one huge inconsistency that is in fact an inconsistency, not created by anyone on a forum.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thescripter
Where's a Zimmerman when you need one?

Zimmerman wasn't ever needed by anyone, anywhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

He has strabismus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Depending on which eye he is using to focus with, the other eye will appear misaligned. So, both eyes can appear misaligned depending on which eye he is using to focus on the camera. It seems his dominate eye is his left eye.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2Don't you think the FBI would have already checked ALL packages or letters sent to the University?

Right. They had the whole neuroscience campus evacuated immediately after Holmes was identified and tied to UC-Denver. So they expend a bunch of resources and time tearing the building apart and doing an inventory of things to which Holmes had access, but they didn't check the mail room? For a package WITH HIS ADDRESS ON IT? That's either some of the worst police work ever (entirely possible), this is misreported media hype (also possible), or the incredibly conveniently timed arrival of this manifesto isn't all that spontaneous or 'unexpected.'

This is best possible piece of evidence they could've come up with. The guns and Holmes being at the scene are very compelling, but circumstantial, pieces of evidence. It's not necessarily an open and shut case. But, a book belonging to Holmes with blueprints for the crime obtained from an impartial, uninvolved third party wraps up everything really nicely....motive, premeditation, and a bookend to all the circumstantial stuff. You couldn't write better fiction.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

Where is your source for the gas mask being 150+ feet away? In the pictures I saw, it was near his car.

Anyway, I am pretty sure the police didn't apprehend him at his car. They found him at his car, and like normal procedures, they probably asked him to put his hands on his head, and walk backwards towards the police car, probably several feet away from his car, for safety. Then the police walked up to where they asked him to stand, and searched him for weapons. In the process they probably took off his gas mask and threw it on the ground, and took all his armor off, and searched him (away from his car).

So his gas mask would probably be near the area they made him walk to before searching him.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

Sorry, but I have been saying from the beginning... you don't have to be super intelligent to go to college, get a degree, and try to earn a Ph.D., nor do you need to be highly intelligent to win a scholarship. You just have to do your homework and memorize information, etc., which does not equate to intelligence.

It is quite an annoying perpetual myth in society that going to college, and becoming a college graduate, on a scholarship, etc., makes someone highly intelligent. The myth is mostly perpetuated by college graduates who feel highly accomplished, and need to pat themselves on the back for going through such a rigorous sheep boot camp. It is quite a chore and takes years to get certain degrees, and this amount of work and time creates the illusion that ones intelligence has increased. Surly you learn certain facts and understanding in the process, but it doesn't make you more intelligent.

Sigh.

You don't get into a top tier PhD program on a T32 NIH grant without being a pretty intelligent individual. These are research-based, 'hard science' programs. Memorization may get you through most of your undergraduate work, but it won't get you high-profile, highly competitive grants, and you probably won't make it through the application process at a school like UC-Denver without having some fairly substantial independent research in the works.

But, what do I know? I'm just a lowly college professor who has sat on numerous admission committees. My guess is you're one of these people who doesn't have an advanced degree (or any degree at all) but wants to convince everybody how useless and easy college is. If it's so easy, where's your PhD? I'll be the first one to tell you (as I tell my students) that technical training is probably the way forward, but I take sincere offense to the implication that advanced education is somehow useless or that competitive graduate programs are soooooo easy, especially when that statement comes from somebody who very likely has never sat on the other side of that desk. In other words, can it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

I think I read he was getting something like $26,000 a year. While it's true a scholarship doesn't equal intelligence, to get that type of funding you do have to have significant achievements beyond memorization. There going to look at your undergrad papers and your refs. Besides, if he was able to use his homework and memorization abilities to graduate in the top of his undergrad class, why wouldn't these same traits go over to the PhD program too?

What I don't understand is why the media push to make it seem like he was stupid?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14

I'm all for a simple, logical explanations to this madness.

There is very little that is simple and/or logical about madness.

Holmes does seem to have anticipated the would be conceal-carry-hero-idiots. The Kevlar & tear gas were clearly sufficient to render a successful kill shot attempt from a hero-idiot highly improbable.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow

Sigh.

You don't get into a top tier PhD program on a T32 NIH grant without being a pretty intelligent individual.

I'm just a lowly college professor who has sat on numerous admission committees.

Sigh... keep perpetrating the myth...

All you are doing is proving what I have said correct. You, a college graduate, need to pat yourself on the back and perpetuate the myth.

Most geniuses avoid college like the plague.

link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I'm sure a lot will love this poster and a new thread will spring to life about it, but it looks the same person to me apart from the Ronald. Macdonald hairdo.
His facial expressions are different. Different lighting etc.
None of us look the same in different photos of ourselves, at least I don't.

link   
reply to post by lunatux

We need Dexter.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Strabismus may be classified as unilateral if the same eye consistently 'wanders', or alternating if either of the eyes can be seen to 'wander'. Alternation of the strabismus may occur spontaneously, with or without subjective awareness of the alternation. Alternation may also be seen following the cover test, with the previously 'wandering' eye remaining straight while the previously straight eye is now seen to be 'wandering' on removal of the cover. The cover-uncover test is used to diagnose the type of strabismus (also known as tropia) present

OK, assuming he had the alternating version. I was aware of the unilateral version.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I can't post pics at the moment, on my iphone. But the image of the three investigators walking towards the camera and the gas mask laying on the ground is clearly at the end of the building (based on the curb) right near theater 8. This is 25 parking spaces away from where his car was parked. Sure they would move him away from the vehicle, but not that far. Of course they would remove his mask, but they would not just leave it randomly om the ground and then mark it as evidence there. Any evidence marked on the ground means that's where it was found by police, not where the officers tossed it. Sorry, but there is no reasonable explanation to this inconcistency thus far, it's the single one aspect of the case that truly doesn't add up. Every other inconsistency has a few possible explanations, but the gas mask just does not... Unless he had more than one mask and for some strange reason tossed one and then put another on. However, I am not aware of multiple masks being reported and it seems unlikely anyway.

Excuse any typos...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why would they need to get a court order to take the package away? The shrink could have turned the book over to him. Unless, of course, Holmes was seeing this doctor? Then they would need a court order declaring this notebook non-privileged communication.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I find some things strange as well.
Some though are entirely possible, like not everybody has a hard time getting money when they really want it bad enough. It's easy enough to get a hold of somebody else's credit card to use for online shopping. Or we don't know if he had his own card or what the limit was. Could be getting money off parents, friends, his school funds. He could have been a thief as well. Who knows.

I just wouldn't use the cost of buying that arsenal as reason to find it fishy

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Im sorry, I didn't know autism was treated as a mentail illness. That's not right.
I have acquired brain injury ABI. I don't know how your daughter feels but I just know this brain not working business is hard to cope with, for everyone involved.

Re Holmes, , yes I see the member above said he got extension until Monday to be charged.

Mental disorders

A range of developmental disorders that initially occur in childhood may be diagnosed, for example autism spectrum disorders, oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which may continue into adulthood.

That's just wiki. Because she was born missing the part of her brain that connects the left half of her brain with the right, she is also classified as a traumatic brain injury. Think of her as an apple with no core. The best way to describe it is her body is a state, and one half of her brain is a major city and the other half is another major city. One city is telling the state what to do, and the other city is telling the state what to do at the same time. The state is confused because it doesn't know which city to listen to so it's listening to both of them and the state is getting all discombobulated. There's no coordination whatsoever. No balance.

Holmes, I don't know if he has a mental illness, a high functioning autistic, both, or what. I do wonder though. We'll see how this plays out I guess.

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join