It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is way too racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jiggerj

If you go in the search box and type in Hitler you'll see two Hitler threads that were created recently, have tons of replies, bunch of people that go on about how Hitler was great and Auchwitz had a swimming pool. Both which were deleted because of hateful posts.

Black Mob raids Walmart was closed because of hatespeak, Chicago gang war thread has multiple racist posts, and parents start fight in LA school thread. And this is only the ones that are recent that I can remember and seen.

Hateful Defined

Eliciting or deserving hatred.
2. Feeling or showing hatred; malevolent.

Saying Hitler was great, or, that auschwitz has a swimming pool, falls well outside the definition of hateful.
I think you may be a little confused, those statements maybe "Inflammatory" or "Insensitive" or "Controversial", but they are not hateful.
People far to easily ascribe fully negative meanings to thoughts and ideas they personally don't like, especially if the programming used to put the Pavlovian response there has been particularly intensive, and the holocaust has had some very serious airtime to forcibly inject it into the tribal consciousness of humanity.
None of us know what the actual facts are, and knee jerk responses labelling threads (and by intent the people who made them) racist, is programming at work, and only serves to maintain the glass wall around the whole subject.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I could have sworn they said they were going to crack down on the racist thing a while back. If it was being cracked down on, the mob story yesterday would have not gotten past page one based on the title alone. That story should have had nothing to do with race at all! It had everything to do with whats wrong with youth today.
What I want to know is how the MODS let a title like that stay on the front page so long. It was blatantly racial baiting. I remember one member mentioned having to defend their race more than they were debating real issues. I admire that persons perseverance, I would have never come back here after 1 time of that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If you complain about it it only fuels the fire.

Hostility breeds contempt where this issue is concerned.

Bitterness exchanged is not the solution.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Decided I don't care to post on this subject. It's kinda like the 911 threads...emotions run high.

edit on 18-7-2012 by type0civ because: Redacted

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

LIES!!! that shampoo ALWAYS burned and made me cry when my momma said it was okay!!

I HATE THAT SHAMPOO!!!

*hugs self and rocks back and forth crying*

peace.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love Morgan Freemans response to race.

"stop talking about it"

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,"

It really is that simple... smart man.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The open racism on ATS is an embarrassment to the conspiracy community and takes away from the sites credibility.

I agree with what you are saying, but I like the little free speech we have here. I think it is a privilege to hear racial remarks, so we can know how people truly feel. Don't you want to know people's true character and to know what we are up against?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Way too many Hitler worship threads, which is just.....disturbing

Way too many posts generalizing the whole black race

Nearly all the threads on race get closed be cause of posters being hatefully racist

If black people commit a crime their race is always correlated. If white people do their race is never ever mentioned. If black people shoplift from Walmart it is somehow worse and less civilized then if whites steal on wallstreet. They claim blacks idolize criminality yet they ignore all the mafia, drug smuggling, bank robbing and war movies that all star whites and were written by such..

The whole point humans have bad traits in general. Under the right conditions we do bad things, someones race doesn't put them at a predisposition to be violent or do crime. Its the environment.

I always thought it was common sense that people are a product of their environment. Most of the negative stereotypes come with being born in the inner city. All the people that live in the ghetto, regardless of race generally have these issues.

The open racism on ATS is an embarrassment to the conspiracy community and takes away from the sites credibility.

Great post RealSpoke, you read my #ing mind.

As for the people posting statistics about black people, they hold no grounds for this thread which is a thread about a whole race, not just black people in America. It may come to a surprise to allot of you but America is not the only place on earth

Product of their environment. Its that simple. I my self am a perfect example of this fact. I moved my self away from badness, and focused on real things, family, future etc and I became a different person with more interests and aspirations. When the world is against you, its hard to think positive and look up to something they try stop you from been.My aspirations and goals from 15 to 20 was to sell drugs and get loads'a money, which I did..WITH MY WHITE FRIENDS. I got out of that and I'm now working in a good job, most of my mates are either in prison, working, stealing or selling drugs, again all white lads.

Like RealSpoke said, its the inner city areas which are effected more. Beeston, Chapletown, Seacroft, Middleton, Holbeck and Alton Moor are all located next to the center of my city and are the top 6 worse areas of my city. Allot of the areas fight each other, or used to anyway and it was people of all races that fought with and against each other, not black vs white.

Argument of it been in black peoples genes to commit crime is an absolute joke.
edit on 18-7-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've been discriminated against by people of all races, not everyone but unevolved closed minded bigots (Asians, Arabs, Africans, Caucasians etc). Where does that leave me?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Uh no, I read those threads. It had a bunch of hateful posts hence why they were BOTH deleted.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by XeroOne

Just because people call it freedome of speech doesn't meant there are not regulations.
Arguing over the definition of freedom doesn't change these facts.
The limitations were put there by the Supreme Court and for very good reason.

Yeah, they might call it 'freedom of speech' when it's not actually genuine freedom of speech. I don't care how the Supreme Court tries to redefine freedom.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry, I'm not going to ignore openly racist posts that are fueled with ignorance. Educating people is key as most racism is bread from generalizing.

Don't bring attention to banking or governmental corruption, they will just go away on their own. Mentioning that it is there will just fuel hate towards them. Ridiculous logic.
edit on 18-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Uhh, it's common sense that all races have it's racists. I'm talking about ATS in specific.

link   

Concur with you on all you have to say, RealSpoke, well done for bringing it to our attention.

link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
Yeah, they might call it 'freedom of speech' when it's not actually genuine freedom of speech. I don't care how the Supreme Court tries to redefine freedom.

How about the Constitution itself?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what happens when one is not familiar with the actual law. The 1st, when discussing free speech, is not what a private company can do. It's about limiting the GOVERNMENT from prohibiting free speech.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not going to ignore openly racist posts that are fueled with ignorance. Educating people is key as most racism is bread from generalizing.

No one is asking to ignore, I take it more as we should be universally offended by racism.

Not just when its our own race that is shown it, but any time Any race experiences it, we are all just Humans, lets be protective of all.

To many time it matters what race was offended or discriminated against, not that the discrimination happen, just the who it happened to part.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
great rant! as i seem to have been reading the same threads as you lately i had been wondering some of the same things.
its amazing how some points of view can cause a thread to degenerate so fast. some interesting ideas bandied about and then wham the old canards come out and down it goes. (funny to see some of them reappear here, well not funny really but... sigh what can you do. it can take some many years if not a lifetime to figure things out.)
anyway i hope you exorcised your demons a bit here because, quite frankly, i enjoy your posts much more when you are less emotionally attached. but hey that is the purpose of the rant forum.
keep up the postings, i enjoy perspective in my reading.

oh by the way lol at nixie. 'child hating'. i think i have also been reading some of the same threads as you.
edit on 18-7-2012 by The Benevolent Adversary because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

How about the Constitution itself?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what happens when one is not familiar with the actual law. The 1st, when discussing free speech, is not what a private company can do. It's about limiting the GOVERNMENT from prohibiting free speech.

Yes, I had considered using The Constitution to bolster my argument, and was soooo tempted to do that. It would have been lazy of me.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yes, I had considered using The Constitution to bolster my argument, and was soooo tempted to do that. It would have been lazy of me.

But it doesn't bolster your point. It under minds it. The 1st is aim at the government, not the public. THAT'S the point.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

An entire race isn't based off anything. I could say the same thing about white people because nearly all the Fed chairmen are white. But that's just stupid because you can't generalize millions of people. And that video of that black girl is just stupid. She got bullied in highschool, big deal.

It's all where you hang out I guess.
Link :
youtu.be...

Reading isn't very popular with some races, in fact, some make their own language as a statement of resistance to unity.... So, I could say invite a bunch of your friends to ATS to level the playing field but would we even be able to communicate?

edit on 18-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join