It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is way too racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

A hundred years ago you might have had an argument...but now it's just pathetic...find me a whites only scholarship for college...and in return I'll show you a thousand minority only scholarships!

Does my white daughter somehow become less deserving of a college education because you grandpa was subject to persecution a hundred years ago?

I think you'll find that kind of racism continued up until the late 1960s.

And the OP's point:

The whole point humans have bad traits in general. Under the right conditions we do bad things, someones race doesn't put them at a predisposition to be violent or do crime. Its the environment.

I always thought it was common sense that people are a product of their environment. Most of the negative stereotypes come with being born in the inner city. All the people that live in the ghetto, regardless of race generally have these issues.

Was exactly the same point being discussed in the threads that got closed.
edit on 18-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

A hundred years ago you might have had an argument...but now it's just pathetic...find me a whites only scholarship for college...and in return I'll show you a thousand minority only scholarships!

Does my white daughter somehow become less deserving of a college education because you grandpa was subject to persecution a hundred years ago?

Well maybe you think it continued right up until your post too!

Your point is invalid...and again...let me point to the weakness of the claim!

You address nothing about why my daughter is less deserving because she is white...millions of dollars available for minorities...nothing for the poor little white girl!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Way too many Hitler worship threads, which is just.....disturbing

The reason why online worship of Adolf Hitler doesn't disturb me, is because I know that generally speaking, the only people who do it are adolescents, whether mentally or chronologically, who are attempting to look "dark, edgy, and cool."

If on the off chance, however, the speaker is a member of a second demographic, those fascists who are sufficiently far gone that they actually mean what they are saying, then they don't particularly bother me either. Hitler having been one of the worst human beings to have ever sullied the face of this planet, is a matter of documented public record. You can start with the man's own autobiography.

Way too many posts generalizing the whole black race

I don't care about black people any more or less than I care about anyone else, personally. If anything, they usually seem to have a slightly clearer idea of what's really going on than most, but I know that that is only because their life experience has also usually been worse and more difficult; they're less priveleged.

It doesn't have anything to do with them being inherently black. If black people had been as priveleged, and had been able to run their own global empire, they'd be just as bad as white people have ever been. That's just human.

The open racism on ATS is an embarrassment to the conspiracy community and takes away from the sites credibility.

Historically speaking, ATS is a stronghold of the political Right, in online terms. Granted, we're more moderate than most; this isn't Storm Front or the Free Republic. However, more moderate Right is still Right.

That means white males (usually military) who tend to believe that purely because they are white, male, and military, they get to wipe their backsides with everyone else's face. It also means that more recently, they're scared; because they know they don't rule this planet any more, and they also know that the rest of the planet's population doesn't want them to.

A lot of rage has built up against Whitey over the last 200 years, but he's only really started feeling it in the last two decades or so. I'm white, but I'd prefer not to be, to be honest. I view it as a source of shame. I think of my WoW avatar, as an avatar in Jake Sully's sense of the word.

edit on 18-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Ummmmm racists. Try and keep up.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

You address nothing about why my daughter is less deserving because she is white...millions of dollars available for minorities...nothing for the poor little white girl!

My point was valid. You claimed persecution ended a hundred years ago. I said it didn't.
If you actually read the thread before posting, I also pointed out one of the OP's assumptions, in his/her attempt to play the race card, was wrong.

Do you know what binned threads this one's referring to?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

The subject is legitimate, and imo free to discuss, but there were posters who started derailing threads with nonsense like 'holocaust never happend' things like that, and there is the line where those crossing, where mods find themselves in lack of options, needed to close the threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

My point was valid. You claimed persecution ended a hundred years ago. I said it didn't.
If you actually read the thread before posting, I also pointed out one of the OP's assumptions was wrong.

I did read the thread...another quality of the minority!

There are approximately 1.376 billion 'white' people in the world, approximately 20.25% of the world's population.

wiki.answers.com...

20% of the world is white!!!

Please don't insult me by trying to deflect my point...the OP's thread was read...and understood...and subsequently addressed appropriately!
edit on 18-7-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree with you, you are dead on in your summation. It is the same as always, the guys at the top can only stay there if they keep us at the bottom,the best way to ensure we stay in our "place" is to foment distain and distrust amongst us, lest we "sheeple" unite under one banner and ruin their planned subservience.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Know that racism will never end by arguments against it.

How very true. To continue to argue against it further deepens the divide.

People only grow by accepting others through real life experiences and encounters.

Right on point there. This is so incredibly true. I will recognize that racism is rampent not only in this country but on a global scale, but I reject it's disgusting practice in my own life. I take people at face value, based on the person's character presented to me. There is good and bad in every color on the face of the Earth. Generally the arguement I use for those who wish to ascribe a race based comment to crimes committed is that crime knows no color boundry and neither does goodness and kindness.

There is a subtle push going on by the mass media to further erode race relations.

And for some of us, you included I would imagine, it's not so subtle. I see it everyday in the local news here. For example a local white Dr. while driving drunk ran over and killed a teenaged girl who was riding her skateboard on the side of the road. He was aquitted. Right after the story ran that the jury had aquitted him there was a story run about a black man being locked up for a very long time for dealing drugs. Now, in both stories there were details left out of them, but whats the message here? In your mind (generalized term) whats the lesser of the crimes? Killing someone or drug dealing? I know which one I would choose, but the message was received loud and clear. Subtle, like you said, for most... but I heard it as if someone were screaming it in my ear.

We must all do what we can to expose their agenda when we see it happening.

You betcha! Which is why I think we need to dispense with the useage of 'they' and 'them' and start seeing things in terms of "we" and "us". When "we" and "us" start to prevail in thinking and actions it will slowly erase the divide that has been created and will start to put those who wish to divide us based on race on the run.
edit on 18-7-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
being racist is a right here in north america we all have the right to hate whoever we want to hate. its hidden but in the constitution. ATS however should be held to a higher standard why not create a position (ats regency) that addresses every pseudo racist remark drag the obvious and not so obvious racist's out of the closets force them to see themselves perhaps then after seeing the problem the rascists (my self included) will look for a solution

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Agreed, it seems the racists are always pulling the race card.
Racism is a thing of the past, of course there still are some knuckle dragging, high forehead types still out there who cannot change as they are ignorant but for the most part, racism is dead.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Don't read it as an insult. I could easily have played the race card a thousand times over under the New Labour government, but I didn't. Here's why: There are God only knows how many ways a person could be disadvantaged. It could be on grounds of race, age, gender, economic status, social class, background, mental health, family support, connections. In your case, the biggest obstacle seems economic, so why not also rail against the system for favouring candidates with more money?
I was disadvantaged in several of those areas, but still worked my way up.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
being racist is a right here in north america we all have the right to hate whoever we want to hate. its hidden but in the constitution. ATS however should be held to a higher standard why not create a position (ats regency) that addresses every pseudo racist remark drag the obvious and not so obvious racist's out of the closets force them to see themselves perhaps then after seeing the problem the rascists (my self included) will look for a solution

Just in case you didn't notice, ATS does a fine job at policing themselves.
Here in the US though we have freedom of speech and if ATS bit too deeply into that folks would migrate to other boards, so they allow a little bit of tomfoolery on their boards.
A little unfriendly discussion is healthy now and then, it keeps us from being complete tools in person.
For me racism is a non issue, it was invented by someone who wanted to DIVIDE AND CONQUER.
But hey, we allow it so...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Ummmmm racists. Try and keep up.

So your point about birthrates dropping around the globe was referring to racists?

Where do get your statistics for that?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I find it annoying that blacks seem to think they are the ONLY minority and the ONLY ones who suffer racism.
Ahh well. I guess if thats what the media tells you I suppose its true.
People confuse racism with a persons opinion and with simply away to get your goat. That lessens cases of true racism. Not EVERYTHING that doesnt praise your race or agree with your racial paradigm is racism, ya know.

Im not white. Married a white guy though. Have kids that look reasonably white. I see it from both sides.. but the ONLY racism Ive suffered was from the blacks over the yrs. Sort of how we have the 2 party system with no room for other political ideologues.. we have the 2 race system with no room for anyone else. Youre given a narrow set of choices and the OTHER is bad. I just cant believe in 2012 people are still buying into this garbage and it seems worse than it has been previously.

So carry on whining and alienating your fellow human beings.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think what you mean to say is it's "the world" that is "too racist". But actually when you break it down, it makes more sense to just say "there is racism in the world", because how much racism is not "too much"? You say ATS is too racist... Is this a new development, or, was there once a time when you thought to yourself "gosh, you know, I am perfectly ok and happy with the level of racism here! Not too little, not too much! Juuust Right!
" ?

You see what I mean? I mean, is there an acceptable amount of racism? Not really. So your rant should be "There is racism in the world." Imo.

And I am right there with ya, man. As a white guy living in "the hood", people seem to think I have it better than they do. "Its ok to steal from the white guy, he must have millionaire relatives and an unlimited access to wealth!" Some people around here actually follow some code where they only steal from whites. It was openly admitted to me by some who realized I was "cool" and they opened up. Ummm, no. I'm living right next to you bro, in the same crappy neighborhood in the same hopeless situation...

Anyway, I think that the Hitler threads are just a symptom of our leaders lying so much. They said marijuana was evil. Oh but look it kills less people per year than peanuts! They said JFK was assassinated by a lone gunman at an impossible angle and tried to feed us the Magic Bullet Theory. They said flouride would be great for us! You see? Up is down! Left is right! So therefore, following the logic that they lied to us about every major event...Hitler must be "good"! The people are just confused. I don't see people in "Hitler threads" saying anything racist. They don't go in there and say "yeah those Jews got what they deserved! Heil Hitler!" I see them questioning the story surrounding the events of WW2. Don't really know how that's racist, but...you seem like you have a lot of stress or tension built up, so if it helps you to release it with cries of racism, then go ahead, I will not stop you bro.

Yes racism does exist. But just know that you are not alone in your experience. I'm right there with ya...every day of my life.

Be seein ya.

P.S. Just in case you are just having a bad day, here's a smiley to help cheer you up!

P.P.S Just so there's no mistaking it... Dude... I am REALLY sorry about anything my ancestors did to anyone ever at any time or place. And some of my distant family members might still be doing such things, assuming that I may in some way be linked to any tptb through my accursed whiteness. But rest assured I am not profiting in any way from their actions. I do, however, catch the blame for every bad thing any white person has ever done, while the elites get off scott free... In today's culture in America, I would pretty much be BETTER off being black in my neighborhood. I would have plenty of friends, get lots of girls, people would think I am tough and not to be messed with, they would think I am cool. Instead, I have to work twice as hard as everybody else just to get ahead in life, just because I'm white. I honestly do not want this so called "privilege" of being white. I honestly hope that everybody intercopulates quickly so maybe in a few hundred years, we can all be one color! Then may e this madness will come to an end... But then it will probably be "shadeism" for another few hundred more years, until everybody is the EXACT same color... I don't know...maybe then people will do the same thing with hair colors or other features...

Maybe we just need to learn to live with people who are different from us before we can really expect to get anywhere. Maybe "people who are different" includes those you perceive to be racist. Instead of complaining for them to change, maybe we need to figure out the best way to deal with them from our current station in life. Maybe we need to think of some good phrases or arguments to try to convince "them" that "we" aren't so bad, and can even make a good friend or be handy in certain situations... dispel the negative stereotypes, ya know? Maybe WE need to make an effort if we want to see any real change in this aspect of our lives...

Well, if you have any ideas then PM me, I would sure like to be able to combat this racism effectively, even if it does take more work on my part, or if I have to take a more positively minded approach to these kind of people rather than just saying "they're evil and I hate them". Maybe they are people too. Maybe they just had a bad upbringing or have other seemingly valid reasons for being racist. Maybe I can be the one to help them... But how? We need to discuss tactics one can use to diffuse the situation when confronted with racism.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Don't forget full of sexists, mysoginists, and bigots.

And what do you call children haters?

Misopedists is what I found.

misopedia: 1. A morbid hatred of children, sometimes including one’s own. 2. In psychiatry, the hatred of children that may include the idea of incest with an unconscious viewing of the child as the consequence of incestuous relations. misopedist: A hater of children which may include one’s own child or children.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Way too many posts generalizing the whole black race

I argue your race does the very same thing so that makes this comment hypocritical.

If black people commit a crime their race is always correlated. If white people do their race is never ever mentioned. If black people shoplift from Walmart it is somehow worse and less civilized then if whites steal on wallstreet. They claim blacks idolize criminality yet they ignore all the mafia, drug smuggling, bank robbing and war movies that all star whites and were written by such..

Baby, as I have always told my own children, if you are going to do something, be good at it or find something you can be good at.

The whole point humans have bad traits in general. Under the right conditions we do bad things, someones race doesn't put them at a predisposition to be violent or do crime. Its the environment.

People have both good and bad traits, it's a choice what traits you master. I say the environment is created based on choices the residents make. I am going to share a video with you, but before you jump and get offended and call it racist...
the creator of this video is :

Bomani Armah, also known as D'mite, G-Mike or Not a Rapper, is a self-identified "poet with a hip-hop style, not a rapper," best known for the 2007 single "Read a Book." Wikipedia

Here is a link to see the video... I would probably get banned if I posted the actual video here. (Warning, graphic material, that may contain offensive material).

youtu.be...

I always thought it was common sense that people are a product of their environment. Most of the negative stereotypes come with being born in the inner city. All the people that live in the ghetto, regardless of race generally have these issues.

Again, watch the video, I think this dude has the answer.

edit on 18-7-2012 by ScatterBrain because: added warning

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join