It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Keely, what are your opinions about this man that lived over a hundred years ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

This document is graciously provided by Dan A. Davidson from his book "A Breakthrough to New Free Energy Sources". We of VANGARD SCIENCES wish to publicly thank Dan for his willingness to share the result of his researches on John Keely.
By 1896 Keely had perfected his system to the point where he had built and demonstrated his airship to the press as well as the War Department (now the Department of Defense). The craft was a circular platform about 6 feet in diameter. (11) Mounted on it was a small stool placed before a keyboard. Attached to the keyboard were a collection of finely tuned resonation plates and vibratory mechanisms. (14) Keely explained that when these plates were polarized with "negative attraction" the craft would rise and float above the ground. (11) The craft was now under the influence of the etheric polar current. By damping out certain notes Keely caused the airship to accelerate to any desired speed. (11) When the War Department witnessed his demonstration in an open field the airship went from zero velocity to 500 miles per hour within a few seconds. There were NO ACCELERATION EFFECTS TO KEELY who was sitting before the keyboard on the stool in the open air and controlling the airship. The government officials, although impressed, could see no use for the complex device so did not pursue the matter further. About 1866 while he was pursuing a line of experimentation in sonic vibrations, he discovered a hitherto unknown energy. He was subjecting water to sonic vibrations and had an explosion which wrecked his apparatus. Six years of intensive experiments passed before he was able to produce this energy at will. He found that 42,800 vibrations per second would vaporize water instantly into energy. (11) He named this energy ETHERIC FORCE. Keely called the process of changing the substance of water into etheric force : DISSOCIATION. (6) After a lifetime of researching the laws governing the vibrations which produce etheric force, Keely believed that the power he tapped was the governing medium of the universe. This force controls the advance and recession of the sum and planets in their movements across the heavens. It reigns in the mineral, vegetable, and animal kingdoms and is the common fore regulating all. Keely proved in demonstration that matter can be subdivided by different orders of vibration. Each subdivision evolves entirely new and distinct "elements". He was able to analyze seven distinct levels of subdivision. Perhaps this is an affirmation of the occultists who have proclaimed that there are seven levels of universal energy. Present atom smashers with their billion volt power levels have nothing new on Keely's harmonious control and subdivision of matter. He showed that all sympathetic streams of energy are composed of triple currents of vibratory flows. This applies to magnetic, electric, gravital, and cerebelic (brain and mind) flows. These laws govern all molecular masses from the innermost subdivision of the atom to the galaxies and universe itself. These flows radiate from suns and stars to planets on down the scale to the very core of the atoms. Since these flows are vibrational in nature and tuned to their respective spheres Keely believed this was the basis for the term "music of the spheres". Gravity is actually a triple connective radiation rather than a flow. It is an eternally existing force entering all forms of matter. Keely believed that gravity is the basic source form which all matter emerges. Keely called the stream of energy coming into the earth at the poles form the sun the polar stream. The three currents of force in this poles stream are magnetism, electricity, and gravity. (4)From all of Keely's experiments and research he determined and wrote out a system of the vibratory conditions governing the aggregation of energy into molecular structures and their resonance relations to each other.
amasci.com...

First I have read about him and his work or ideas, free energy people don't get much space in history, it would seem.
For more: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-7-2012 by donlashway because: wiki link

Because this is the first I have read about him, all I could do is post a quote about him in hopes someone here knows more and would be willing to share.
edit on 14-7-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Read more about him by going to GOOGLE BOOKS ADVANCED SEARCH and type in "John Worrell Keeley" with limited view and full preview

John Keeley was a century or more ahead of his time. He made many great discoveries, and did many great things. The world thought he was crazy because he was so eccentric, but he knew exactly what he was talking about. He had "perfect pitch hearing" that enabled him to enable things to animate or go into motion by SOUND.

He made his first discovery using his "perfect pitch hearing" by filing down sea shells that he mounted on a windmill like apparatus. The sea shells actually ran the windmill by the correct sound that he had tuned them to when he filed them down with a file. The windmill didn't run by wind, the windmill ran by SOUND when he played his FLUTE. All he did was play the exact tone on his flute that he tuned the sea shells to, and the resonance started the sea shell soundmill into motion; no wind was needed.

From this discovery he made many great discoveries, and Nikola Tesla became jealous of John Keeley, because ASTOR was going to finance Keeley instead of Tesla after he got back from his trip. Unfortunatly ASTOR died on the Titanic on his way back to finance Keeley. Keeley was devasted financially, and Tesla knew Keeley's stuff worked but didn't admit it until after Keeley died. Both Tesla and Keeley were financially devastated.

Keeley did have a platform that flew 500 miles an hour when he demonstrated it in front of the cavalry, but the cavalry decided they didn't need it, they had horses. What was intriguing during the demonstration was that as Keeley kept flying by at high speed, his hair never moved like he was not in motion.

Keeley built a disrupter that basically turned rock into dust, and he demonstrated it at a gold mine that was in quartz. He made a tunnel about 6 feet deep in a matter of a few minutes only by holding a pocket watch sized object in his hand and aiming it at the rock. There was a pile of quartz dust laying on the floor of the tunnel he made, and of course the gold fragments. This set off a gold mine stock buying spree for the people who saw the demonstration, and gold mining stocks went through the roof over night, unfortunately for them, if they weren't going to give Keeley some of the upcoming profit in the gold mines, then Keeley would not give the investors the device, so gold mine stocks tumbled and the investors were mad and started making false accusations about Keeley trying to force him to give them his device.

Keeley made a cannon also that when touched by a wire, it would fire. Strangely enough, everytime it would be fired, it gathered more power and shot further and higher. Keeley did many wonderful things, and made many great discoveries.
edit on 15-7-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I find it very interesting that this John Keely (who I have never heard of) and Tesla were contemporaries, seems like an argument for the collective consciousness. I wonder what happened to his research papers and works, Did they get disappeared like Tesla's did.

Just imagine the world we could be living in now if the money hungry Oil Barons had not suppressed this technology, along with Tesla's 100 years ago.

Star and Flag for posting this information. Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Read the wikipedia entry. There's speculation in the article about mechanical fraud, and some detailed information, but not a lot on the functionality of the motor. There's no mention of his flying machine demonstration to the calvary. One example of his motors is on display somewhere, and a guy in Boston was supposed to carry on Keely's work, which he later abandoned with no conclusive remarks as to whether Keeley's motor actually worked or not.

I never heard of Tesla until free from school, but I never heard reference to Keely, ever.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Keely was a total fraud. He's probably one of the better documented fraudsters.

Just google "Keely fraud" or "keely hoax" and you'll find plenty.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
I never heard of Tesla until free from school, but I never heard reference to Keely, ever.

Yeah, in his time he was pretty well known. You see references to him more at vanguard or the old keelynet than anywhere else. I've got a book on his "discoveries" in the share library at work.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
When it comes to keely there's believers and there's everyone else. What I find hard to believe is that with as simple as keely's inventions have to have been that no one else has come across and verified any of his findings yet. LIke the whole water vaporizing or exploding at so many hertz..... you'd think that someone, especially a keely supporter, would have came through and done whatever they have to to show that this could truly happen.

As far as keely's flying machine goes I've never heard that keely story before, and I'd like to know more about any corroboration of this story. Especially considering that the militaries of the world immediately jumped on board with the wright flyer a few years later. That story to me reeks of everything that's wrong with the alternate energy research community. It's based on way too many wildly unfounded premises and people's flawed understandings of the technology actually available in the 1800's. For example.... there's the fact that hot air balloons were used to observe enemy positions in battle during the civil war. What this means is that any such military officers of the time period would have been well aware of the advantages a flying machine would give them, and this further means that any such demonstration from that time period would have been noted in local newspapers and the like. In other words WE shouldn't be relying on 12th hand accounts on the internet of this event, because if it really happened it would have made the news.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Keeley wasn't a fraud, as Nikola Tesla later stated after the death of Keeley, that Keeley's stuff worked as Keeley had stated.

As for the Keeley flying machine, it was also real. The only picture of the Keeley flying machine is in the "1st Edition" of the book written by Madame Blavatsky, all of the other additions don't have this picture.

Many of Keeley's inventions rest in museums, but many of them need one or more of the other inventions in order to make them work.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So if Keely is not a fraud I take it you've disassociated water at whatever hertz in a quartz bowl or tube then?

If you or anyone else has please for the love of everything that's holy show us some evidence.... I've never lusted so hard after even a Youtube video of something before in my life!

With proof being so simple to produce the fact taht noone has ever produced this proof says it all to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Despite numerous requests from the stockholders of the Keely Motor Company, which had been established to produce a practicable motor based on his work, he consistently refused to reveal to them the principles on which his motor operated, and also repeatedly refused demands to produce a marketable product by claiming that he needed to perform more experiments.

He secured substantial investments from many people, among whom was John Jacob Astor.

Some things have not changed in 100 years. Keep going back and you will hear the same stories that continue on throughout the ages and of course still carry on today.

I believe it was "big oil" suppressing all those perpetual motion machines in the last half millennium.
Oh wait? Predating big oil....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

John keely is one of my hero's actually, I put him above Tesla actually. I even purchased an old Keely share certificate so I could have his signature. I wanted to own something that his hand had touched.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So again I"ll ask has anyone successfully replicated any of keely's work yet?

I focus on the water disassociation just because it's a very specific claim that could and should be tested by at least one of the myriad of keely followers out there. If you guys can't even do that then why should anyone sitting on the fence believe keely is anything but a fraud?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

I focus on the water disassociation just because it's a very specific claim that could and should be tested by at least one of the myriad of keely followers out there. If you guys can't even do that then why should anyone sitting on the fence believe keely is anything but a fraud?

Well, i would say that Hutchison created effects that he didn't understand at the time. Keely was secretive. Perhaps recreating what he did just hasn't been accomplished yet?

Zero sum thinking is fallacious thinking. Be wary.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

LIke the whole water vaporizing or exploding at so many hertz.....

Cavitation. Though, his understanding of it was obviously flawed. It would be fairly easy to apply a cycle to something, which causes cavitation (this happens with propellers and turbines, etc). Thus, cavitation at certain hertz. Sound could be applied, only if it was sufficient to cause the pressure differences needed for such a process. Doubtful such a procedure would be efficient, by any means, and the cavitation would more likely occur due to the device emitting the sound than the sound itself (again, like in propellers/turbines/etc).

And yes, Keely was a fraud.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

YES!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You don't have a correct understanding of Keelys work. Actually 3 frequency's are needed to dissociate water and they must be all produced simultaneously. Secondly there is argument if those frequency's are sound frequency's or ethric vibrations.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

that looks more like a light object achieving lift from the wind it creates as a downforce while spinning. that isn't the water column dissociation.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think people are mistakenly thinking that I'm some sort of debunker.... in reality I'm asking specific questions in hopes of getting specific affirmative answers.

Like Mulder said time and again I want to believe... I really do, but i just need some sort of evidence.

As far as that video goes I'm unclear as to what that video is actually purporting to be demonstrating. Is the top thing supposed to be levitating? If so then it's "tether" could very easily be what's holding it airborne.

I do find it ridiculously funny that I'm all but tarred and feathered as a nasty debunker because I have questions about things and refuse to take people's assertions on blind faith.

So let me spell it out for you guys. I really want keely's ideas to be true. I think humanity desperately needs with a capital n a revolutionary technology right now. But at the same time as I want keely to not be a hoax it's been a hundred plus years since he died and no one has replicated what I consider to be his most straight forward and in theory simple to prove statement that water can be disassociated at around 43 khz....

Now In my research in the last day since this thread has started has given me some ideas and rocks to check under in the hopes of finding out the answer to my question.... If I do find out anything more I'd be more than happy to report back to the rest of ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Luxus,

Telling me I don't have a correct understanding of keely's work is less than helpful.... and do you pray tell have an understanding of keely's work? IF so can you post a vid of water being disassociated at around 43 khz?

I've been told more than once I lack a proper understanding of keely's work by people on the internet..... Incidentally these same people who feel so confident as to lecture me on my lack of understanding are either still trying to work out the kinks on their keely device replications or not even bothering to try and replicate.

I submit to you that it's pretty self evident that one of two cases apply to Keely's devices
1. NO ONE understands and can replicate his work for some unknown reason. Which honestly may in fact be the case.
2. No one understands and can replicate his work because his work was based in trickery and sleight of hand.

But telling me I lack an understanding of keely's work when you yourself can't or won't replicate what you supposedly understand so much better than I do is just .... well to be blunt it makes you look like a kook.

If you understand Keely's work so well please PLEASE PLEASE replicate some of it for us! The world could really use a breakthrough right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

These videos detail cavitation caused by acoustic processes. Edit: Just as a note, I find the second video extremely cool.

Here is a company that utilizes cavitation. They use laser pulses to create the cavitation. There is even a thread about this on ATS.

Interesting stuff..

Here is a video that shows the idea of using cavitation to heat water. They use the term "overunity" quite a bit in this one.

Now, here is one that seems pretty vague.. But it does reference Keely. And they are, seemingly, giving away the information for free. I have not checked whether or not they actually do. Their site itself does not reference cavitation as far as I can tell, though that is very likely the process which is yielding the results.

I think a bit issue is that so many of these things start to go into the "overunity" diatribe. This, in my opinion, tends to minimize the legitimacy of the proposed processes. Really what we need is mass installation of efficient energy sources, all the way down to cars. Everything is currently set up to be as profitable as possible, however, and there is little likelihood of that changing. Its not that we dont have the technology, even with oil-based energy sources. See here. Its simply that it is not profitable to implement them on a grand scale. The efficiency only rises in proportion to public awareness and appeasement.
edit on 16-7-2012 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join