It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Canadian neuropsychologist Dr. Michael Persinger has made a strong case for a plasma/geomagnetic basis to the UFO phenomenon. In his Canadian lab, Persinger has subjected volunteers to electromagnetic fields that stimulate certain temporal lobe brain structures, particularly the amygdala, causing altered states of consciousness that seem to mimic effects and sensations similar to reported out-of-body excursions, a spirit presence, and alien abduction perceptions.
www.mysterious-america.net...

This classic of the Lovecraftian ouvre features a device that likewise alters brain activity to facilitate extradimensional consciousness. With gooey, unspeakable results.

But, kidding aside, I'd check into the work of Dr. Jay Alfred, if you've not already done so. His theories are based on hard science, and it makes for dense reading for the layman. It is nevertheless the most worthwhile stuff I've found on the subject, if you're willing to put in a little legwork on unfamiliar concepts. He's archived his hefty body of work here:

www.dapla.org...

Allow me to present a sample.

The Theory argues that dark matter is largely in the form of plasmas of exotic particles (including supersymmetric particles such as charginos and neutralinos). It has been shown in laboratory experiments over the past ten years that minimal ordinary plasma cell-systems can be generated in the laboratory. The Theory therefore suggests that minimal dark plasma cell-systems were generated within this dark halo/biosphere in the early Earth and predicts the existence of terrestrial dark plasma life forms which evolved from these minimal plasma cell systems. Furthermore, unlike chemical-based life forms, dark plasma life forms are compatible with life in a supersymmetric universe...

The entities that we have loosely identified as ghosts, angels, jinns, demons, deities (for example the Marian apparitions in the atmosphere), aliens, biological UFOs, fairies and sightings of the recently deceased (on the surface of the Earth) are characteristic of these predicted exotic plasma life forms from interpenetrating dark plasmaspheres or counterpart Earths. They constitute an ecology of plasma life forms that evolved throughout Earth's history and sometimes formed symbiotic relationships with the carbon-based life forms that we are more familiar with. Homo sapiens evolved carbon-based bodies that formed symbiotic relationships with some of these plasma life forms (indicating a type of symbio-genesis). When the carbon-based bodies died, the bioplasma bodies (resulting from the symbiosis) continue their existence in the counterpart Earths.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ExopoliticianSupreme

Thanks for coming out from behind the screen so-to-speak and allowing us to finally see your mind and theories. You have--I now see--a most excellent facility for explanation and exo-apologetics.

Our thought process on these phenomenon line up in many ways. I'm not as willing to trust the information perceived from "that" realm as you yourself, however. But you do seem to have a handle on the fact that danger does exist there.

At this point, I do "shut up and listen" but generally not to any multi-folk, but rather to the multi-nauts who venture there and back.

So far, the information seems often contradictory, always unverifiable, and rarely deviates from metaphysical concepts into something concrete. I'd be open to any evidence that negates that statement.

Some of the modern day shamans I've come across seem to have permanently erased any door that they could have previously closed by will. I'm not saying you have, but I'm sure you understand what I am talking about.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Mucho Thanks, Eidolon23 and yes I referenced Jay Alfred's theories awhile back, but filtered them through an article written about his work at mysterious-america because of the "density" issue you mention.

I figured if that article perked anyone's attention they would seek the paper out. Mr. Alfred presents an interesting hypothesis that makes an impressive attempt to bring science and the metaphysical into closer relationship.

Hope you stick around and hypothesize with us some more.

edit on 19-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thanks for coming out from behind the screen so-to-speak and allowing us to finally see your mind and theories. You have--I now see--a most excellent facility for explanation and exo-apologetics.

Our thought process on these phenomenon line up in many ways. I'm not as willing to trust the information perceived from "that" realm as you yourself, however. But you do seem to have a handle on the fact that danger does exist there.

The multiverse is a very dangerous place. Not only can it scare the daylights out of us through its "main gate" (the paranormal), but misunderstanding it can really mess up our perception of life and death.

For example, multiverse thinking can create moral chaos. If reality is made up not of the solid, right-or-wrong, black-or-white, yes-or-no world we see around us, but of multiple parallel realities where all possibilities already exist, how can we tell what's true? What's right?

"Morality is the custom of one's country and the current feeling of one's peers.Cannibalism is moral in a cannibal country."

The above quotation from Samuel Butler horrifies many who are not "moral relativists." In philosophy, "relativism" basically says that whether something is right or wrong depends on the circumstances, the people, and their real intentions. This has been carried over into philosophy and theology as "situation ethics."

Well, I'm no relativist. We have to live in the "here and now," even if there's far more to reality than that. We have to maintain order and dignity in our lives and in our interaction with others, even if the multiverse appears to give us excuses not to.

I hope you find my contribution worthy, GUT, at least it continues to glorify you by bumping your thread up the ATS peg board.

edit on 19-7-2012 by ExopoliticianSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExopoliticianSupreme
Well, I'm no relativist. We have to live in the "here and now," even if there's far more to reality than that. We have to maintain order and dignity in our lives and in our interaction with others, even if the multiverse appears to give us excuses not to.

I hope you find my contribution worthy, GUT, at least it continues to glorify you by bumping your thread up the ATS peg board.

Another very interesting reply. I'm no moral relativist either. In this "verse" or any other, although I understand the assertion you are making.

And, alas, I can only comprehend basically two dimensions at this point. This one and that one as it were.

As far as ATS glory and "Bumpology," I'm MUCH more egotistical than that. If I weren't I'd tone down my replies around these boards.

p.s. - My ego kept not liking you, while my gut kept telling me you might grow on me. My gut be good.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ET and interdimensional (or even time travelers) aren't the only choices. For now, I think I am an ultraterrestrial-ist. These alien-looking beings, and seen in conjunction with 'ufos' have been here all along. I just saw pictures of the Wandjina and a classic grey from Egyptian antiquity. And yet, they still could be those other origin choices, annnnd, be ultraterrestrials, at the same time. Makes sense to me.
My -theory- for now is, they have something to do with the Powers That Be and keeping us as mushrooms.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Another very interesting reply. I'm no moral relativist either. In this "verse" or any other, although I understand the assertion you are making.

And, alas, I can only comprehend basically two dimensions at this point. This one and that one as it were.

In decades as a [para]normal investigator and an outspoken exopolitician, I very early on was struck by the idea that "assume nothing" also should be the golden rule of probing the unexplained. But even the most eminent paranormal researchers today -- with a few rare exceptions -- seem to me to be loaded down with assumptions that neither they nor anyone else seem to question.

Because of this, the vast majority of people who research this subject -- and set themselves up as experts -- are, in effect, locked into a small, dingy room full of assumptions, old ideas and narrow thoughts. They are like inept astronomers who insist on examining the heavens with binoculars instead of the readily available Hubble Space Telescope. Our good friend Imtor, yes?

The arch-assumption is: things are what they appear to be.

Because we assume that all real knowledge can be gained only through our five physical senses, we assume that the world is as it appears to us. Things are essentially material, with energy thrown in as a means for matter to change. Matter and energy are both governed by predictable laws. Our standard, day-to-day science, based on this same arch-assumption, appears to back all this up.

Because things are what they appear to be they must have a logic that coincides with human motivations and world-view.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What did you think of George Hansen's The Trickster and the Paranormal? I'm assuming you've probably read it, or some of his related material online.

We shouldn't totally slam our scientific rationalists though...some of them are inching closer to the "divide" than they themselves probably realize and have much to offer on the "mechanics" at times.

Indeed, the "Black Budget" world of the military-industrial complex has a surprising number of physicist-adepts that are metaphysically inclined and busy Quantamizing (yeah I made that up) and attempting to summon up nano-magick amongst other things.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

By the way, I'm assuming we are talking Exopolitics more in the Webre sense than the Salla sense? Or are they inextricably linked?

Exopolitics (Webre)

Webre believes that as exopolitics posits, the truest conception of our human circumstance may be that we are on an isolated planet in the midst of a populated, evolving, highly organized inter-planetary, inter-galactic, multi-dimensional Universe society.[2] He believes that we live on a planet that has been quarantined (the Zoo Hypothesis) and that we are now being given an opportunity to join the rest of the spiritually evolved Universe Society in peace, thus an opportunity to avoid environmental global self-destruction or global self-destruction through war.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

By the way, I'm assuming we are talking Exopolitics more in the Webre sense than the Salla sense? Or are they inextricably linked?

Exopolitics (Webre)

Dear GUT, I bet you typically read signatures.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Exopolitics (Webre)

Dear GUT, I bet you typically read signatures.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Duh.
I really should stop the insanity/vanity and get some glasses. The fine print, GUT, always read the fine print.

Soooo, ExoSup....Salla-esian Exopolitics then?

I am interested & intrigued because I didn't know exopolitics spanned the topics you've presented here in your replies.
edit on 19-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

MBK...I don't know if it was the DRINK...LOL...but the Silver Haired One...seemed to be genuinely interested in my theory. Most of the ENERGY is stored in the QUARKS and the Gluons have their part to play...but I have been around the block and can tell when someone is SHMOOZING ME to hang with the guy who can get him LAID...and a person who has a few drinks in them but took the time to THINK about my Theory.

The part he was especially interested in was the concept that Quantum Particle Build Up toward or at Maximum in Protons and Neutrons could be a way for Creation of a Alternate Divergent Universal Reality that FORKS off our own.

This is the part of my concept he found interesting...and like I said...I could tell he was THINKING ABOUT IT. I am not a FULL TIME PHYSICIST and I am sure he knows alot more about these things that I do...but it is a HOBBY for me and I KNOW he appreciated also having someone to talk to as these types of parties are much more known for CLEAVAGE...actually...THAT interested him! LOL!....and GOSSIP! I HATE GOSSIP!

I also think that...since we hung together most of the night...and were not only POUNDING DOWN the drink but were sitting together talking about Physics that was WAY OVER THE HEADS of the average type of person that goes or is even invited to one of these Highly Sought after invitations...but I have to do this at a MINIMUM 4 times a year and I get sick of the inane B.S. that becomes THE TOPIC OF THE NIGHT! Most people don't know or probably have not experienced this but when you get a bunch of Celebrities together...some who are in a process of Social Climbing and others who are on the Popular WANE...these Pampered...at one time Trailer Park Living...people who now have money...play a game of...WHO IS IN AND WHO IS OUT! It is VICIOUS and although they know better than to mess with me as I am Wealthy and could care less...as well as if I were ever to become so shallow I would put a BULLET IN MY OWN HEAD...an aspiring young Musician or Actress can be emotionally DEVASTATED as they are NEW and go up to their HERO's...usually when a new young Female Singer walks up to an OLDER FEMALE SINGER...which the Young Singer has considered their HERO and INSPIRATION...and they just would like to meet this now Famous Woman and the OLDER SINGER considers the New Young Girl a THREAT and spends the night DISPARAGING the poor young girls dress or shoes or anything she can think of....well...IT IS PATHETIC!

MK and myself just Hit it off and we had a GOOD TIME! We were in our own little world and that was the most fun I have ever had at one of these parties that didn't include unzipping my pants! LOL! And for those who are going to ask me...MK...is NOT GAY! Neither am I and He enjoyed the SIGHTS APLENTY! LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

What did you think of George Hansen's The Trickster and the Paranormal?

There are very few books really worth reading on the subject of the paranormal or forte.

Hansen's approach to parnanormal phenomena is interdisciplinary. He ties together anthropology, literary criticism, semiotics, psychology and other disciplines to examine the paranormal...able to recognize the limits of a scientific, rational, Aristotelian approach to understanding the paranormal.

Gut, you mentioned classical science and scientists. Hansen never suggests that such research is invalid or meaningless. However, by its nature it is only able to illuminate very limited aspects of the paranormal. On this he has unsurprisingly followed my lead.

Hansen stated enthusiastically that the role of his book is not so much to provide answers to why sometimes magic and psychic phenomena "work" and sometimes don't, but rather to encourage the reader to realize that our complex world has in so many ways become narrowed over the centuries by dogma and fear.

We see these two "partners of limitation" at work in this thread, GUT.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Im sure what you saw was legit. It was either high tech top secret mil hardware. Or it was an alien. And an alien is just another word for demon. Demons are prisoners of this world for the most part. Except for a sort of heavenly realm where God and satan meet from time to time to discuss issues. (as adversaries of course). this is all in the bible. But satan and his demons are confined to this world and there's a lot of them. They're spiritual beings. But can manifest as what looks like real entities. That's why what you saw might have looked real. Because if it was a demon then it was real as in a living creature.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Hansen stated enthusiastically that the role of his book is not so much to provide answers to why sometimes magic and psychic phenomena "work" and sometimes don't, but rather to encourage the reader to realize that our complex world has in so many ways become narrowed over the centuries by dogma and fear.

If in regards Hansen, you mean "dogma & fear" in the scientific-rationalist sense, then yeah. He's--not surprisingly--open to the mystical experience of all persuasions, however.
edit on 20-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Microscopictopic

I Honestly don't know about anyone visiting us from an Alternate Divergent Universal State...this I think could be very dangerous as it is unknown whether Quantum Particle Entanglement between Divergent Universal States could create a case of Matter/Antimatter interaction if they should interact in this matter if existing in one or the others Universal Reality.

Could very well mean...VERY BIG BOOM! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Duh.
I really should stop the insanity/vanity and get some glasses. The fine print, GUT, always read the fine print....Soooo, ExoSup....Salla-esian Exopolitics then?

No problems, GUT, I made a mistake once. I think.

Just as exopolitics is trying to engage with the presence of the Other -

... whether Steven Greer’s horrendous programs, John Keel’s frantic phone-calls with contactees who were passing back and forth messages between Keel and the alien others ](see UFOs: Operation Trojan Horse]), to the tireless work conducted by Budd Hopkins and David Jacobs, or David Griffin and Natasha Acimovic’s efforts today...

- the Others, for all their mercurial aloofness, seem to choose to appear to us in guises that give lie to the pleasant notion that UFOs are ‘nothing but’ space probes from an advance civilization. Do we really have any guarantee that we are dealing with advanced visitors from a star system completely alien to us?

As my dear friend of yore Terence McKenna most boldly related 'We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us."

Terence was the driving force behind my exopolitical evolution through his own UFO/
[para]normal adventures, Gut.
Does exo always have to determine an alien life form in the political sense? I've had the skeptics bark at my heels over this, Gut.

Rarely do skeptics actually go out and research the paranormal for themselves -- the first step in the scientific method they supposedly espouse. After all, one must intelligently decide what not to believe as well as what to believe.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I Honestly don't know about anyone visiting us from an Alternate Divergent Universal State...

Courage, Lad, I admire anyone who can be so bold as to shine the flashlight of inspection on their own shortfallings.

You are a hero, sir.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Duh.
I really should stop the insanity/vanity and get some glasses. The fine print, GUT, always read the fine print....Soooo, ExoSup....Salla-esian Exopolitics then?

No problems, GUT, I made a mistake once. I think.

I'm flabbergasted!

...the Others, for all their mercurial aloofness, seem to choose to appear to us in guises that give lie to the pleasant notion that UFOs are ‘nothing but’ space probes from an advance civilization. Do we really have any guarantee that we are dealing with advanced visitors from a star system completely alien to us?

My answer to that question is: Hell-to-tha-NO we indeed do not.

As my dear friend of yore Terence McKenna most boldly related 'We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us."

Yeah, good quote. I use it on here from time-to-time.

Terence was the driving force behind my exopolitical evolution through his own UFO/
[para]normal adventures, Gut.
Does exo always have to determine an alien life form in the political sense? I've had the skeptics bark at my heels over this, Gut.

Well, maybe we need your definition of exopolitics.

Rarely do skeptics actually go out and research the paranormal for themselves -- the first step in the scientific method they supposedly espouse. After all, one must intelligently decide what not to believe as well as what to believe.

Indubitably.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join