It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I must admit that I'm stuck. I'm at an impasse. I believe that Reality can be explained scientifically without resorting to the distortions of religious beliefs. I'm not saying all religions are all wrong. They are another window into Reality, but the window dressing and dogma attached are rather beside the point. The purpose of religion is to make you a "good person" in this life while distorting the next one to accomplish that. The purpose of science is to explain Reality. With recent advances, e.g. the Higgs Boson, Science is closing in some gaps and showing that the present theoretical models are not incorrect. The Standard Model of Particle Physics explains a whole lot without contradictions.

But something is missing.

First of all, the FTL limitation. Some peoople here have pointed out (and thank you, btw) that you can get around Einstein's limitation using the Alcubierre Drive. This idea is expressed in one paper, "The Warp Drive: Hyper-fast travel within general relativity" which appeared in the science journal "Classical and Quantum Gravity" in 1994. Although I am in no position to criticize a PhD in physics, I still must point out that this is one paper and is not incorporated into physics in the same way as relativity is. It may be absolutely true, but it does not enjoy the scrutiny or experimental verification that Relativity does. Accordingly, you must treat that as speculation. You can't really use it as "proof" of the ET Hypothesis.

Second, we have the realm of personal experiences. Some people have related where they have personally been told by an alien that said alien is from some other plantary system, been shown a starship, etc. I will never be so arrogant as to dismiss what you have experienced outright. My only reasonable response is to listen to you attentively. However, you and I both know that many people who have reported similar experiences have turned out to be telling less than the truth. Whether it is people like George Adamski and Truman Bethurum from the fifties, or more modern people such as Steven Greer or Sean David Morton, subsequent research has turned up flaws in their stories. And while I believe you are telling the truth as you know it, some of those other people are bat #### crazy. The problem is that I lack the ability to tell the difference, plus there is also the possibility that you are being deceived by your alien friends, which is not your fault. I really don't want to take the time to skeptically investigate you, which I suspect you would not care for. I'd really rather just listen to you. But I also can't use your story. It's anecdotal. People say they talk to Jesus and Mary, too.

Third are the channeled communications from Bashar via an "adept" which claim to know how Reality is structured and will tell you all about it. Here it gets even weirder, especially when the channeler disavows any knowledge of what was said. I read Jane Roberts' book "The Nature of Personal Reality" featuring the entity called Seth back in 1972. Indeed, that book set the course of my studies for the last 40 years. I was very impressed and to some extent still am. But a couple of years ago I went back and read some of Seth's proclamations. I was amazed to discover that from today's standpoint, they are simplistic and not credible. Perhaps Seth is a real entity, but he certainly doesn't have any better understanding of Reality than anyone else. It's like Truman Bethurum saying the planet Clarion was hidden by the Moon so we couldn't see it. If you were a discarnate being, would that make you automatically smarter?

So I can't use Seth and his cousins because there is no way to pin them down, no way to discern if they are Real or simply unconscious projections of their hosts. A lot of their stories are so incredible as to be mind-blowing, but there's no way to tell how accurate they are. There is no way to check their truth.

Fourth, we still have people proclaiming that String Theory and its many dimensions is a way out for us. I'm sorry, but it is not. The dimensions of string theory are extremely tiny. They are inappropriate venues for planets, civilizations, and alien creatures. I think we are a bit stuck on the word "dimension," some of us insisting on using the word literally as measurement of heighth, width, and breadth, others using it liberally as a nebulous construct. Really it is mathematical in nature. It's not a "physical place." It's another variable in an equation.

We've heard a lot about THOUGHT as the originator of matter. Indeed, it's not a new idea. "In the beginning was the Word" and the Word stands for thought. Modern physics says much the same thing, rather more than we know, that in thought is the answer we are seeking. In that Neils Bohr and Seth both agree. The question is, how do you measure it and how do you incorporate it into a solution to our issue.

I have no idea where to begin.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

String theory has mutated into membrane theory and, as far as I know it does indeed mean there is the possibility of almost an infinite number of universes popping in out of "existence"?

Try to think about from a non human perception. This is a world where a vast amount of the planet's resources are being stripped in order to serve what? The wheel.... that dead end technology that can, in the final analysis, lead us nowhere save, denuding the environment and staying right where we are , here on Earth having allowed a tiny tiny percentage of the population wreck our home for something that doesn't really exist outside of an artificial construct, namely money.

Be honest, just how stupid do we actually look, given that scenario, no matter how pleased we might be with ourselves? Who the chuff needs demons from the ether to screw up our world when we're doing very nicely all on our own and most are happy to sell their souls, to the system, for the equivalent of a bag of peanuts

In fact, one could perfectly logically postulate that, we invented demons merely to assuage the subconscious guilt we feel over our own seeming, inherent stupidity. In other words we are, to intents and purposes, a sitting duck for any outside intelligence to screw around with who have a modicum of savvy.

Oh, it's demons, it fairies, it's djinn , no wait, it's an airship, no it's the space brethren talking to us via a channel, no it's nuts and bolts ships visiting from Epsilon Aurigae .

In short , it's the near perfect cover for being able to much us about and study us at leisure when you know, how many times you actually have "contact" the stories will never add up to a coherent pattern.

Without wishing to be morbid or scare the willies out of people consider this. Who's the greatest serial killer? Jack the Ripper, Harold Pressman?, Ted Bundy... nope, non of them because we all know they murdered people in a specific manner. The greatest serial killer is the one who "killed with impunity" because, they were/have never caught and no amount of profiling, psychologically or geographically, would throw up their name. as their modus operandi was/is never traceable.

In that sense, somewhere amongst all the data there must be a clue we don't see, to unravel at least part of what is going on. You can deny it's happening, sorry that doesn't wash, it is and people with absolutely no personal agenda have always and probably will continue to, come forward to add their testimony.

I have a close friend who has suffered several psychotic periods in his life and yet, this he did tell me. During all the "madness" on several occasions he did "know things" he couldn't possibly have guessed, about what was about to happen even down to conversations following the exact pattern , to the word, with people in reality, that the voices in his head had told him would come to pass. He has no problem admitting he was "unbalanced" for periods of his life, then again, neither does he accept and quite rightly to, that he could possibly have known certain things he did in advance in such detail.

Just maybe, the day we as a race, learn to distinguish what just "is" and the difference between that and the "truth", we might begin to seriously worry whoever this intelligence is that has been "interfering" with us for countless centuries. Just maybe, when we can mange that, they might either, pack up and go home and leave us alone or just say.."Hi, you got us, now join the club".

Until then, I suspect somewhere there's an intelligence setting about their day's work saying something like..

"Working with the monkeys on Sol 3 today dear/"

"Yes darling, I'm going to whisper in the ear of girl in a wheelchair and tell her I'm Spasmodeus demon/god of the disabled"

"Oh darling, you are such a card, you really shouldn't treat the monkeys like that"

"Darling, I can't help it, they are just so blinded by their own self importance and need to be right"
edit on 17-7-2012 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Star for you Schuyler.

I'll try to wrap this up in as brief a way as I can, please bear with me, if you are familiar with the aquatic ape theory, scroll down to avoid irrelevant info.
Has anyone seen the documentary of Mermaid Body of Proof? It is pretty much geared around US Navy Sonar testing technology and resulting beached whales due to a new type of sonar that is actually more like a weapon than a location device. There are several "scientists" that are focal to this documentary(I use " marks", because the term itself is a joke, anyone can observe facts, you don't need a title for that). The Whales supposedly had injuries more closely related to blunt force trauma than past beachings, and were visibly bleeding from the ears.

Prior to this, there has been a strange, unidentified sound recording , I believe it's call "the Blip". no one knows for sure what made it(supposedly), but it is thought to be organic. Fast forward to the recording they play of a new sonar test in action. There are Whales calling to each other on the recording, which they do have a vidoe of, I believe the decibels for each call, and then there is a loud deep.. warning blast, that puts the decibels at max. Which is referred to by the scientists as prepping the weapon. It does sound very odd, out of place and scary, at least I think I would think that if I was a whale. the photos are very good, and all there logic on why findings can

Anyway, following this, there is a loud chorus of sounds we hear, some of it from the Navy Sonar some of it from whales/dolphins, and supposedly 600 separate "words" used in an unknown language.There was a massive beaching as a result, and two kids supposedly cam across a mermaid... Or at least something that had hand like limbs. that makes me think seal right away. but it does get interesting that the scientists where bared from a particular area of the beach. For those of you that don't know me, which is all of you, as I only decided to start posting today, I am a US Marine( i need to point out here that I am saying my personal opinion, I am not the Marines), and While I don't think that means my word is any better than anyone else, I do
think it is odd for the Navy to bar a section off. They don't normally do that.It's a waste of manpower unless there is a need to be there.

Fast forward through the documentary, and you find this aquatic Ape theory (if you don't know it, look it up) , and here is where it all went south for me, one of the "scientist" was trying to make his case and Claimed it was documented science that 100 million years ago, Wolves came back to the sea as Orcas. Or Orcas came on land as wolves, i forget the exact way they present it, pretty sure it was wolves became orca ok, is this is documented fact, who Documented it?. This is fact? where we there to observe this?

The theory of Evolution holds no water, there comes a point where an evolving creature has neither land or ocean superiority. it can't happen... Ok I got it, so they spontaneously evolve into to a higher life form.... that would take billions of years for it to happen for a male and a female to not only do so, but meet up. Who here wants a Russian wife or an Asian wife? you do realize Males are more likely to survive, girls are just reped and or killed

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Note this is all speculation. I am not speaking in scientific absolutes nor do I have any form of credible evidence to support this. These are just my musings and interesting, speculative thoughts on the matter.

The late Carl Sagan once suggested that time travelers may be here today, but are either disguising their existence or are not recognized as time travelers.

What if the UFOs are just humans from the future? This not only resolves the problem of the vast interstellar distances required to travel every few years, but the fact they vanish as soon as they are noticed in most instances as if to not alter time, and the fact there is no hostile behavior other than causing military hardware to short circuit in the few cases that are credible which is more of a defensive action rather than hostility. Of course, the latter two can be debated, but I honestly cannot imagine any predatory species (and you have to be a predator to become smart enough to leave your planet/dimension) that would exhibit the type of non-hostile and evasive behavior that is ubiquitous in all cases.

Those are my thoughts. Of course, there's no evidence for this just as there is no evidence for the extraterrestrial hypothesis or the interdimensional one. For all we know, they can be extraterrestrial, interdimensional time travelers, or none of these at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
...What if the UFOs are just humans from the future? This not only resolves the problem of the vast interstellar distances required to travel every few years, but the fact they vanish as soon as they are noticed in most instances as if to not alter time, and the fact there is no hostile behavior other than causing military hardware to short circuit in the few cases that are credible which is more of a defensive action rather than hostility. Of course, the latter two can be debated, but I honestly cannot imagine any predatory species (and you have to be a predator to become smart enough to leave your planet/dimension) that would exhibit the type of non-hostile and evasive behavior that is ubiquitous in all cases.

Lots of great replies since I've been out today, schuyler, Firemoon, CalebRight14 just on this page.

And you, too, Diablos. You make an interesting case for time travelers. I still can't get around some of the inherent paradox, but the theory, as you've put it, does propose an intriguing answer to some of the enduring mysteries.

My thanks to you and EVERYONE. I'm enjoying having my brain challenged and expanded!

edit on 17-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

My thanks to you and EVERYONE. I'm enjoying having my brain challenged and expanded!

Don't let it get tooooo big there, Gut, it might just pop!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaNice

Originally posted by The GUTMy thanks to you and EVERYONE. I'm enjoying having my brain challenged and expanded!

Don't let it get tooooo big there, Gut, it might just pop!

Like Jiffy-Pop my friend, like Jiffy-Pop. Burnt Jiffy-Pop I might add.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
because of the high strangeness of reported events, the multidimensional entity definition is the only one that seems to fit. look at it this way, if we are talking entities that manipulate quantum physics to skirt realities and physical dimensions, these entities will have non-ordinary [non-physical] form and be involved in non-ordinary events that distort physical laws toward quantum realities. in the event a non-physical entity enters physical-reality, it would be expressed as a blend of multidimensional realities and be very non-ordinary in action and essence. time itself is a flux in a multidemensional universe. so the probability of a far-future human race experimenting with breaking barriers technologically exists. multidimensional visitors would be free from time/space constraints, and would leave little if any physical evidence of extradimensional reality. some of these entities may have NEVER been mostly physical reality entities, but have emerged from parallel realms with non-ordinary laws by our definitions f physical laws. the psychic abilities of 'aliens' also fits a multidimensional profile. in these terms, there are no 'aliens', just conscious entities that are reflected through a quiltwork of here now - multidimensionally.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
another way of putting it is that aliens are NATIVE to our time/space, but on a different wavelength. in that sense, they have always been here. does physical reality impact parallel realities? yes. do parallel realities impact us here? yes. it might be said that the physical universe of hard-matter is the expression of these other realities 'physically', and that alternative realities are how our physical reality expresses itself within 'their' realm. those with multidimensional knowlege, technology, ability would be the native species, whereas those with unidimensional blinders on would be alien to their larger dimensionality, at least in terms of conscious perception.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirbadazz
because of the high strangeness of reported events, the multidimensional entity definition is the only one that seems to fit.

Or

one might could say that this entire matter has a high probability of being so far beyond the human neurobeing that this entire discussion is nothing but a bunch of noise.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExopoliticianSupreme

because of the high strangeness of reported events, the multidimensional entity definition is the only one that seems to fit.

Or

one might could say that this entire matter has a high probability of being so far beyond the human neurobeing that this entire discussion is nothing but a bunch of noise.

One could say that about your "noise" as well, no? Yes!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExopoliticianSupreme

Or

One could say that about your "noise" as well, no? Yes!

Sure, Gut, sure but I'm betting that I have a better chance of being right about nonsolvability of the problems addresses in this thread than my being crazy noise.

No harm in discussing anything, it's entertainment after all, nothing more at this point and, imho, nothing more in the direct future.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ExopoliticianSupreme

Okay, I think I got you, but with a handle like ExopoliticianSupreme I thought you were just hacked off because we were considering that they might not be E.T.

I is slow on the uptake sometimes. My intergalatic school bus, she's a very small.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by The GUT

Dear The GUT,

I see UFOs as inter-dimensional but demonic...

Hi The GUT,

Not sure why one would consider anything not-of-this-earth as 'demonic'. Would you care to explain that...or were you just pulling our legs?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Okay, I think I got you, but with a handle like ExopoliticianSupreme I thought you were just hacked off because we were considering that they might not be E.T.

There's room for ET, EBE's, and all other kinds of other terrestrials, it's a big multiverse, GUT, a hyooooooooooooge multiverse. I'm just betting that we have a clue here and a clue there and in its entirety we have nothing, nothing at all. Entertainment camaflaged as discussion GUT.

Good news? Sure, I got some. I'm betting that we aren't the lowest on the cosmological food chain, GUT, that there are species, spirits, polterghosts, demon-parasites, and, yes, other lesser terrestrials that are as exponentially more damn stupid than we are.

They look up to us and want our message, GUT.

I is slow on the uptake sometimes. My intergalatic school bus, she's a very small.

Age. It's simply your being overwhelmed by disintegrating and rapidly declining mental faculties, GUT, it's OK.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the comment GUT. I've actually been thinking along these lines since I was a teenager 30 years ago. I believe these "beings" are far more powerful than we can imagine and they have played a HUGE part in our development as a species. I believe "they" are the ones who created the gap between us and apes through genetic manipulation. To what end? Well I haven't reached that fork in the road yet. Maybe someday I'll start my own thread on that one.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNonBlonde

reply to post by The GUT

Dear The GUT,

Hi The GUT,

Not sure why one would consider anything not-of-this-earth as 'demonic'. Would you care to explain that...or were you just pulling our legs?
That wasn't my comment if you'll go back and look.

No apology necessary, however, as I didn't actually disagree with the comment. Nor have I publicly disagreed with much else here although I am gonna have a little go 'round with ExopliticianSupreme, heheh.

Here, on this thread, I'm personally just discussing the possible interdimensional aspects.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

On one hand you claim we can't know anything and rightly point out that it's all infotainment but then, obversely, you make some near-assertions yourself.

You're mildly amusing when your not vague and silly, but then again that's mostly what you've been so far.

And, now that you mention it, I'm sensing some age on thine ol' brain as well. Ready to elaborate, demonstrate some intellect, and show us what you got or just mentally diddle yourself for your own amusement?

Ball back to you, amigo.

edit on 18-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNonBlonde

reply to post by The GUT

Dear The GUT,

Hi The GUT,

Not sure who you are responding to as you quoted my response to "THE GUT" and he did not call them demonic. I am AQuestion and stated I saw them as demonic. I will answer for me. I do not consider everything not of this earth as demonic and that is not what I said. I believe there is probably life throughout the universe; but, I don't believe it comes here or would with such frequency. That would mean inter-dimensional, which is what the OP brought up.

If one brings up the issue of other dimensions then we should consider what those other dimensions could be. We have people such as David Wilcock, David Icke, the Galactic Federation of Light and a number of "new age" believers who attempt to tell us that these beings are helped create us, are the beings that we thought were gods and this goes back to the book "Chariots of the Gods". If that is a valid discussion then looking at what these beings did shows that they closely resemble what were and are still called by some "demons". That is the conclusion that was reached by real scientists like Hyneck, Vallee and others.

If you believe them to be from other planets rather than other dimensions then the demonic hypothesis will make no sense to you. Oh, the scientists that I mentioned, they were atheists and agnostics. Dr. Vallee, he was one of the people who worked on the original internet and helped create it. He concluded that there was no science that would explain how the UFOs acted, why they came here with such frequency or why they left so quickly. Imagine spending hundreds or thousands of years to go somewhere, stay there for 15 minutes and then left. He also asked where they went when we were not seeing them.

If you believe that the "abduction" experience is false then we are still able to find some usefulness, if it is purely psychological then it will explain why people believed there were demons in the past unless of course this particular delusion only occurred in the last 50 years or so. Those are the choices. The experience is not real (there are no UFOs), they are alien in nature and violate every known rule of physics to do things that make no sense and include doing sexual and invasive experiments on humans when they should have better technology if they could get here from another galaxy or they are inter-dimensional and know how to travel inter-dimensionally ans still feel a need to do ridiculous experiments on humans over and over again. If you don't like those answers any more than I do then lets try what man has been saying since the beginning, there are bad guys and good guys in the spiritual realm and these are the bad guys. I call them what we have always called them, demonic and I didn't get into a religious discussion to do it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenie65
reply to post by The GUT

I believe these "beings" are far more powerful than we can imagine and they have played a HUGE part in our development as a species. I believe "they" are the ones who created the gap between us and apes through genetic manipulation.

Why would you believe so? Does this idea "resonate" with you? You have nothing more than that, in the end all.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join