It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Narrows VP Choices, Condi Emerges as Frontrunner

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rice is pro choice as far as I know.
This move would absolutely sink Romeny even more. It's bad enough the guy is a liberal himself. For him to carry a pro choice running mate would be worse than the Palin debacle.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Doesn't matter if he picks her or not.

No VP has ever won the race for the presidential candidate.

It's all about Romney and unfortunately many people don't like him, republicans included.

Maybe not, but they sure have helped to lose a few races. If Romney stands any chance at all, he will have to have Rice or Rubio as his VP running mate. It may not win him the election, but at least it won't concede the election immediately to Obama like some of his other running mates, like Jindal.

A Rice or a Rubio keeps him competitive for now, and then it all boils down to voter turnout. Can the Republicans get as big of a turnout as the Dems and can they keep some of their Independent and 3rd Party voters toeing the Republican line. That is the key for the Republicans.

If he doesn't pick Rice or Rubio, then he just isn't even trying and he is dead in the water.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was just wondering
here is a list .

She reopened nuclear negotiations with North Korea, even authorizing bilateral talks, which George W. Bush had adamantly refused to conduct all through his first term as president.

She persuaded Bush to endorse similar (if less promising) negotiations that Britain, France, and Germany had initiated with Iran, which he had also vigorously opposed.

She crafted the terms of a United Nations resolution to investigate war crimes in Sudan, a measure that first-term Bush had resisted.

She stopped the campaign-which had been launched with great verve by Vice President Dick Cheney-to replace Mohamed elBaradei as chair of the International Atomic Energy Agency and then got United State intelligence agencies to resume briefing IAEA officials, a practice that had also been discontinued in the first term.

As a prerequisite to all the above accomplishments, she staved off Cheney's intense efforts to appoint his protégé,John Bolton, as deputy secretary of state and acknowledged Bolton's unsuitability for a concession prize-U.N. ambassador-by assuring Democratic opponents that he would be carefully "supervised."

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
She lied through her teeth to get us to go to war and then made enough profit off of it that Exxon named a super tanker after her. Seems like someone he would pick.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yes, she is Pro-choice... But so is Romney. See the first few minutes of this vid...

Romney: "My position has been the same throughout my political career and it goes back to the days of 1970. There was a woman running for US Senate. She took a bold and courageous stand in 1970 - in a conservative state - that was that a woman should have the right to make her own choice as to whether or not to have an abortion. - Lenore Romney - she was my mom. ... I've held that view consistently."

I can't help but laugh.
Romney hasn't held ANY view consistently!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ha.

Yeah I don't think Romney even has a critical or sincere bone in his body. I think he just goes along with whatever view will paint him in a better light toward a given demographic. How scary is that? Essentially, he is for the highest bidder. I don't know where he would actually stand on abortion though. I thought I heard him say during the GOP debates that he found it deplorable. Perhaps he was in South Carolina so it was strategic to say that there. I don't know. He just doesn't seem genuine about anything other than money.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Given the absurd circus US politics has become, Rice's qualifications don't matter in the slighest. If she is selected, it will be seen (with a fair amount of justification) as simply Romney "one-upping" McCain... not only will he have picked a woman, but a BLACK woman.

There is no doubt Rice is a capable person. I personally don't want her in any kind of position of responsibility, given her past record.

But all that is irrelevant. If Rice is the pick, it'll be another Palin Party three ring circus.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Spell Mitt's name right.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, she is Pro-choice... But so is Romney. See the first few minutes of this vid...

You sure about that? He keeps changing his mind on things and I can't keep up with it!

Ref Dr. Rice ... she's pro-choice and pro-Obama. That makes her OUT for Romneys VP IMHO.

Originally posted by spinalremain
I don't think Romney even has a critical or sincere bone in his body. I think he just goes along with whatever view will paint him in a better light toward a given demographic.

Which makes him just like every other politician out there .... including Obama.
So I guess that makes the 2012 election a level playing field as far as sincerity goes.

edit on 7/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by FlyersFan

Absolutely. All politicians seem to do whatever is in their own best interest.
Romney however, has certainly raised the bar in that department. It's almost lunacy, the rate at which he flip flops.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Totally agree .. with everything you said.
That .. and the fact that she has said that she voted for Obama in the past. She has put skin color ahead of party policy and that would definately be used against her.

Wait, are you saying she publicly admitted that she voted for Obama because he was black, against her party politics?
I need to see that.

I googled looking for the stories where she admitted voting for Obama but I couldn't find it. I KNOW I read it four years ago ...

Good. Got your excuse why what you made up cannot be confirmed out of the way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Someone just posted a knock on Obama's abortion stance on FB this morning, so I commented with you video.

At this point, I don't support any candidate, I just want to be a spoiler. I hope no one gets a damn majority of the vote.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
Wait, are you saying she publicly admitted that she voted for Obama because he was black, against her party politics?

Yep. I remember reading that Colin Powell did as well.

Got your excuse why what you made up cannot be confirmed out of the way.

I made no 'excuse' and I didn't 'make it up'. It was in the news four years ago.
I"m not finding it on google. It's old news and was just a side note considered to be not important.
I'm sure it's still out there somewhere. I just have to dig around for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yep. I remember reading that Colin Powell did as well.

I do not and I honestly believe you have been mislead or are making it up yourself.

I made no 'excuse' and I didn't 'make it up'. It was in the news four years ago.
I"m not finding it on google. It's old news and was just a side note considered to be not important.
I'm sure it's still out there somewhere. I just have to dig around for it.

Best get to digging. Are you honestly trying to tell me that it is hard to find something on google because it happened 4 years ago? Do you know what year it was 4 years ago? Maybe that can help.

Maybe you should not post such things until you can confirm you are not imagining them to begin with? The last time I saw you was in a thread where the entire story and title you gave us was a lie so my fingers are crossed for you this time.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Just to be fair to Ms. Rice, the last election had McCain.

Now I did vote for him, but Ms. Rice obviously voted the way she wanted to.

She might be a good choice, voting her conscience instead of party line.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Snotty
Seriously .. get over youself.
As I said ... I remember reading it four years ago. Google didn't bring Rice up.
I CLEARLY said that in my post. Go get a life or something.

www.youtube.com... - Youtube Powell endorsing Obama
MSNBC - Powell Endorses Obama for President (2008)
ABC News - Powell not sold on Obama for 2012

Found them .. the discussion was that because she was being so coy and not publically endorsing the republican (she always had publically endorsed candidates) ... because she refused to say who she was voting for, and because she gushed about how wonderful it was to have a black president and actually cried tears of joy that he won, that people naturally came to the common sense conclusion that she was voting for Obama ..
The Telegraph - did Condolezza Rice Vote for Barack Obama

Washington Post - 2008

Meanwhile, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was interviewed yesterday on CBS Radio, where she made a long statement about how great it is to have a black president.

"May I take it," she's asked, "that you actually preferred a victory for Senator Obama rather than John McCain?"

"I have constantly told people," she said, "that I was secretary of state and I was not going to get into a partisan debate and I would vote by -- vote by ballot in a secret way, as all Americans do. But I just want to acknowledge that when the election took place and after the election took place, it was a special time for Americans."

So that's a yes?

She was so happy that Obama won ... she cried tears of joy.
OF COURSE she voted for him. I mean .. DUH!
Huffington Post - Rice Congratulates Obama Tearfully, Says She Is "Especially Proud" Of Obama's Win

Maybe you should not post such things until you can confirm ...

My posting is just fine. I clearly stated the status of my post .. that I couldn't confirm yet.
Keep your suggestions to yourself or I'll have to give some of my own to you.
edit on 7/13/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We don't know who she voted for. It's none of our business. I don't think that is an issue. Even if she voted for Obama, she could have changed her mind. Plenty of people have.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

I would! why? Joe Biden is the top foreign policy person in our government and has been for decades. Even with all of his gaffes, Joe is highly respected on both sides of the aisles as a top Foreign Policy official. He was picked by Obama for this reason. Biden has always coveted the SOS position but put country first and accepted Obama's VP slot. Many people say Obama will switch Hill and Biden, and from what I know Biden would gladly accept.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
We don't know who she voted for.

She had tears of joy and gushed because a black man was voted in. That's not the behavior of someone who voted for McCain. Obviously she voted for Obama. And since she gushed over his skin color and not his policies .. it's very fair to say that she voted for him at least in part because of his skin color. She wasn't gushing about his pro-choice stand .. but about skin color.

It's none of our business. I don't think that is an issue.

It is for the discussion of this thread ... that supposedly Romney thinks he wants Dr. Rice as VP. The fact that she voted for Obama and that she gushed over him is HUGE. Obamas team would clearly use that in the debates and in political ads.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Rice? Oh geez, the last thing we need to do is start putting the neocons back in charge. They were the only group of Republicans that could outspend Democrats. They spent money like sailors on shore leave.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by guohua

I've always admired Ms. Rice. I think she'd be an excellent choice.

Though I do remember a recent article where she stated that she would not run as veep.

I wonder if she changed her mind.

We won't find out until the last week of August.

Time will tell.

The libs will have a hard time attacking Condi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join