It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Narrows VP Choices, Condi Emerges as Frontrunner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I like Condoleezza Rice A Lot. I think she would be a Very Smart person for our Vice President and Future President.
Before my husband retired ( Officially ) he had met her and I met her through the @@@@@Y I worked for some years ago.
Very Nice and Smart and I thought Tough Lady.
Just our opinion.

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney's Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

"The upcoming elections loom as one of the most important in my lifetime," she warned. "I'm very often asked to speak about our current foreign policy and the challenges that lie before us. However, we, as a country, are not going to be able to address any of those international challenges unless we first get our domestic house in order."

www.drudgereport.com...

MODS, I checked used the search function, did not find a previous thread.

edit on Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:09:25 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: All caps title deal handled..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why not? I think she would a great vice president and a solid running mate for good ole Mitt!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Jesus could be the VP and it wouldn't matter.

I thought she was going to start playing football? If I heard that right.

link   
Talk about timing, I just posted on another thread that the Libs would implode if Condi got selected as Mitt's running mate.

That would be a great move because she certainly is experienced and qualified, even more so than some of the other names that have been floating around.
... but you know the usual suspects will chime in and accuse her of being an Aunt Thomasina, or whatever they choose to call female sell outs.

Go Condi!
edit on 12-7-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
that witch along with her partners in crime should all be behind bars, havent they done enough damage already?

link   
reply to post by guohua

I've always admired Ms. Rice. I think she'd be an excellent choice.

Though I do remember a recent article where she stated that she would not run as veep.

I wonder if she changed her mind.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
that witch along with her partners in crime should all be behind bars, havent they done enough damage already?

They?
Who are they?
Racist!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if he picks her or not.

No VP has ever won the race for the presidential candidate.

It's all about Romney and unfortunately many people don't like him, republicans included.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed, Romney is a joke and the smoke and mirrors won't carry him to the White House... He could pick Jesus as his VP and it won't make a difference.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by guohua

I've always admired Ms. Rice. I think she'd be an excellent choice.

Though I do remember a recent article where she stated that she would not run as veep.

I wonder if she changed her mind.

We also heard that comment from her.
I Really Believe America as a Whole Needs Her, she is a Very Bright Lady.

She joined Stanford University as a political science professor in 1981. In 1993, she was the first woman and first African American to become a Stanford provost, a post she held for six years.

In the mid-1980s, Rice spent a period in Washington as an international affairs fellow attached to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1989, she became director of Soviet and East European affairs with the National Security Council and special assistant to George Bush during the dissolution of the Soviet Union and German reunification. In 1997, she served on the Federal Advisory Committee on Gender-Integrated Training in the Military. She was appointed National Security Adviser by George W. Bush in 2001, and became Secretary of State in 2004 after Colin Powell's resignation.

As Secretary of State, Rice has dedicated her department to “Transformational Diplomacy” with a mission of building and sustaining democratic, well-governed states around the world and the Middle East in particular. To that end, she has relocated American diplomats to such hardship locations as Iraq, Afghanistan and Angola and required them to become fluent in two foreign languages.

www.biography.com...

A very smart and very accomplish young Lady.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by jazzguy

They?
Who are they?
Racist!

Alandro my friend, jazzguy won't be back to answer you, you know that as well as me.
It Was Just Trying to Spread the Hate,,

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Doesn't matter if he picks her or not.

No VP has ever won the race for the presidential candidate.

It's all about Romney and unfortunately many people don't like him, republicans included.

True, VP's dont win elections, but having Rice as a running mate certainly won't hurt him either.
Not having a gaffe machine would be one less thing to worry about.

Btw, I don't like taking bad tasting medicine but I know I have to sometimes if I want to get rid of the crud.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

True, VP's dont win elections, but having Rice as a running mate certainly won't hurt him either. Not having a gaffe machine would be one less thing to worry about.

I agree that she is probably the best of what I have heard mentioned and no doubt she will have less gaffe than Biden
. However, I do wonder if her role in the war in Iraq based on weapons of mass destruction will cause problems for Romney.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I greatly admire Ms. Rice. She has grace, poise, and is very intelligent on government and world affairs. She also has tremendous respect in the International community, which is sadly lacking with our current administration.

I think she would be an excellent choice, if only she will agree.

Des

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by guohua

I greatly admire Ms. Rice. She has grace, poise, and is very intelligent on government and world affairs. She also has tremendous respect in the International community, which is sadly lacking with our current administration.

I think she would be an excellent choice, if only she will agree.

Des

Yes, She Does and Yes She is.
I'm sure Ms. Rice does not want Herself and her Loved Ones to be put through what Palins was and you know as well as me,,,,,, the Obama Fanatics well be digging through her garbage and dirty clothes hamper trying to get some trash on her.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Another desperate attempt to snag votes.
How'd that work out for McCain? Oh ya, the same way it's going to go for Romney.
Fail

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Good choice, someone who reminds us of Dubya.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Actually, she'd be a reminder of one of the few smart things "Dubya" did.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Robama already has the base.

No way it's Condi.

If you're the frontrunner you pick Condi. If you're Robama you pick an exciter or broaden the base.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Grumble

Actually, she'd be a reminder of one of the few smart things "Dubya" did.

What did she do for Bush that makes her so great?
I do remember this one time I saw her and she had to choose lying or stupid and she chose stupid.
Help me out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join