It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Narrows VP Choices, Condi Emerges as Frontrunner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Condi, still has Iraq hanging over her head. If Mitt picks her as VP it will just show blatant pandering and will be seen as such by all but the party faithful. It won't get him any extra votes from women or minorities who see Mitt for what he is...a transparent corporate shill who doesn't give a tinkers damn about the taxpayers.

He has lost the evangelicals and without them he's toast.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Alxandro

True, VP's dont win elections, but having Rice as a running mate certainly won't hurt him either. Not having a gaffe machine would be one less thing to worry about.

I agree that she is probably the best of what I have heard mentioned and no doubt she will have less gaffe than Biden
. However, I do wonder if her role in the war in Iraq based on weapons of mass destruction will cause problems for Romney.

Why would it cause problems?

They had the same intel Obama has now, the same intel that led to the killing of Osama.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Grumble
Good choice, someone who reminds us of Dubya.

Actually, she'd be a reminder of one of the few smart things "Dubya" did.

What did she do for Bush that makes her so great?
I do remember this one time I saw her and she had to choose lying or stupid and she chose stupid.
Help me out.

No,, You help us out, Please supply a link or at least explain in greater detail when she had a choice between lying and being stupid.
edit on 13-7-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Anyone who was involved with BUSH, IRAQ, SEPT 11 and the Banking bailouts should be banished from any sort of management position.
Further more, they should have their assets frozen, their lives thrown in prison and forced to go through negotiation in providing information on the other criminals.

disgusting that you allow these people back in the whitehouse after what they did to YOU and to IRAQ!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

Who are you people cheering in this demonic woman?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

Who are you people cheering in this demonic woman?

This is you're evidence she is Evil or Something?
From a Banned Poster that Registered April 24th 2008 and was last heard from on June 13th 2008.
I looked at this persons link,,,, have you?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's interesting which words you've capitalized, OP. And you've worked in a government agency? Oh, excuse me. @@@@@Y is what you wrote.

Sorry, but the subliminal technique of selective capitalization to make key words "stick out" and otherwise seem important is about thirty or forty years behind the times. That's not bad grammar on your part -- it's deliberate and calculated.

Apparently your masters wanted you to perform this particular task. You and your masters alike can go back to whatever hell you came from, OP.

Dr. Rice for Vice President? What's the deal, is Cheney trying to "pass the torch"? He trying to find a candidate to run MJ-12 now?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The type of person who says they won't vote for Romney because of what Rice did for the Bush Administration is the sort of Republican who was probably not inclined to vote for Romney in the first place.

Her credentials aside, it's a play for female voters, and probably a good one. It's Palin without the liabilities, and probably will help Romney.

The problem here is the top of the ticket though. Why the Republicans constantly manage to put up some crappy candidates is interesting, but she helps him more than Rubio, Portman, or any of the others.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
No,, You help us out, Please supply a link or at least explain in greater detail when she had a choice between lying and being stupid.
edit on 13-7-2012 by guohua because: spelling

That is really quite simple and all you have to do to get an answer from me to your question is answer the question I asked first. This is how polite discourse goes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I am shocked at some of the responses in this thread.

Condi Rice is a war criminal. She was just as complicit as Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld in war crimes by lying to the public to invade Iraq.

She lied to public, just like everyone else in that Administration when she said, "No one could have imagined using planes as a weapon and crashing it into a building" after 9/11..and what people believe about 9/11 in this regard does not matter. It is a FACT that people in Government DID imagine planes being used as a weapon and being crashed into buildings was a possible scenario... they even conducted wargames based around that scenario, so clearly someone imagined it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova

Her credentials aside, it's a play for female voters, and probably a good one. It's Palin without the liabilities, and probably will help Romney.

You don't have much respect for women do you? Do you actually think that women can't see thru this shallow pandering. It's a GOP act of desperation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Management position!? Neither party could safely manage a little league softball team. And lets call this for what it is, old mitts trying to get more minority voters That's it. And if he seriously thinks condi could help him with that he is crazy...but the whole elections a sham anyway sooooo!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
just another reason to vote for mickey mouse I guess!!

as if there isn't plenty of reasons already...

the bush administration drove us off a few cliffs, obama's just haven't managed to get a parachute opened to break our fall, and oh, ya, let's bring back the good ole bush gang to take away the chutes!!

mickey mouse has a magic wand, he can make all these problems go away!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How many here woud love to see a foreign policy debate between Biden and Condi? Biden would clearly be out of his league.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

....by "forced to go through negotiation".....do you mean torture? As in waterboarding and nail trimming?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by poppycock

Good for the goose, good for the gander.
They will receive what ever they gave out.

If you could change the world for the better, I mean the ultimate better across the board bring about a new form of understanding and reasoning.. how many would you be willing to trade for it? 1, 2, 1000?

If your against that, ponder this..
had you of existed in 1930 and new what was coming, would you have put a bullet in adolfs head in some back alley? even if it cost you your life?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Romney Narrows VP Choices, Condi Emerges as Frontrunner

Naaaah .. I doubt it. Dr. Rice is qualified for sure. But she's a throwback to the Bush43 years He left office very unpopular and she is a reminder of that unpopularity, no matter how good her own credentials are.

Rubio. Jindal. Christy. My guess is it'll be one of those three.
With Florida looking more and more like the key state ... I'm guessing Rubio.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ms. Rice would have to be an idiot to accept an offer to be Romney's VP. And she's not. She's FAR smarter than Romney is. Even though she's brilliant, it would be clear that she was being chosen for her race and gender, in order to get votes... I don't think she'd ever let herself be used like that.

It would be a "Game Changer"... and in a Sarah Palin way, not in a good way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
Robama already has the base.

No way it's Condi.

If you're the frontrunner you pick Condi. If you're Robama you pick an exciter or broaden the base.

Exactly! Fla.Sen.Marco Rubio could help deliver Fla. and broaden the base.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Totally agree .. with everything you said.
That .. and the fact that she has said that she voted for Obama in the past. She has put skin color ahead of party policy and that would definately be used against her. I googled looking for the stories where she admitted voting for Obama but I couldn't find it. I KNOW I read it four years ago ...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join