It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Narrows VP Choices, Condi Emerges as Frontrunner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by jam321

Agreed, Romney is a joke and the smoke and mirrors won't carry him to the White House... He could pick Jesus as his VP and it won't make a difference.

If he left the Mormon church, he might have a chance. Nothing personal to any members here, as you would probably say to a gay person or liberal.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by 11235813213455

so you make a claim that obama received affirmative action to head the position of Harvard Law review, have absoluely not a shred of evidence, and you put the onus on me to disprove it?

I think the idea is for you to show some support before I try to refute it.
Right now all you've done is lie.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by 11235813213455

so you make a claim that obama received affirmative action to head the position of Harvard Law review, have absoluely not a shred of evidence, and you put the onus on me to disprove it?

I think the idea is for you to show some support before I try to refute it.
Right now all you've done is lie.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ya because everyone that benefits from that policy has their name on a webpage so everyone can reference it on the internet huh smartguy?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
this is just a cheap attempt at getting black votes.

obama currently has over 90% of the black vote and probably the majority of the latino vote.

there is no way romney could win unless he brings that total to down to 40%.

even then it'll just be a coin flip.

in these kind of elections, votes will go down party lines which will make them about even.

it's black votes, latino votes, redneck votes, Christian votes etc that are ultimately the deciding factor.

edit on 13-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Lets see all of those stars you garnered there must have come from the cheerleaders on the first few posts. I do not have to prove or present evidence to you or anyone about Condolisa Rice, she is demonic.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
She's black, she's a chick and she's not Mormon.

She's in.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I like Condi Rice, and is there any way to make a Romney ticket worse? I mean, it has Romney at the top, so calling Condi a demon makes Romney Satan's mother-in-law!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

To me it was like throwing salt on a wound to hear this news. I am reallly concerned about our future now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sure. So am I. I mean, either we get 4 more years of an emboldened Obama, no longer worried about re-election, or we get 4 years of Romney, with no opinions of his own that aren't for sale to the highest bidder, and a party-line that is just begging to invade Iran and Syria.

We are all scared for our future. It doesn't look like we will need to worry about a 2016 election, we'll just be worrying about eating and staying alive by then.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I have to agree with you there. If they're trying to gain the African American vote by that pick, I don't think they have a chance. It won't help the liberal vote because most liberals hated Bush and anything that was associated with him.

The only group that he may win over over, are republican voters who liked Bush but hate Romney.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

To me it was like throwing salt on a wound to hear this news. I am reallly concerned about our future now.

Now? Now?

You must be young, very young.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I know, I know...

We do need to stay together on this almost certain future.

What you said is for me totally realistic.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusHilarisCaro

Thank you I accept your compliment humbly.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It cracks me up that people think she could help him win by attracting women and blacks. Women? After the GOP goes after women's rights in state after state? He will lose heavily with women, and selecting a token female VP will not help. Blacks? Seriously? Obama will get 95% of that vote, regardless.

His only hope is selecting an hispanic, and preferably NOT a Cuban, because hispanics are not a unified block and they know that Cubans in the US are right wing for reasons that don't appeal to the rest. I don't know if there are any prominent Mexican-American republicans, but THAT is what he needs.

But this is all ridiculous anyway. The election will swing on events between now and then, and if anything goes the President's way, Romney will lose in a landslide.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doryinaz
reply to post by Alxandro

"We NEVER imagined a plane could fly into buildings!"......nuff said

Exactly!!

The 6 people that flagged and starred this thread need a history lesson... and probably further evaluation.

Truly saddening and shocking. I don't know if Americans easily forget or CHOOSE to forget.

*shakes head in disgust*

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow. Funny to see all these people who are so supportive of Neo Con Condi, who helped beat the drums of war for the whole WMD's in Iraq lie.

The GOP veep will be a relative unknown. NOT condi.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusHilarisCaro
She's black, she's a chick and she's not Mormon.

She's in.

She still stinks of her association with the Bush administration and her roll in duping yhe American public into supporting the invasion of Iraq.

She's not even being considered.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She had tears of joy and gushed because a black man was voted in. That's not the behavior of someone who voted for McCain. Obviously she voted for Obama. And since she gushed over his skin color and not his policies .. it's very fair to say that she voted for him at least in part because of his skin color. She wasn't gushing about his pro-choice stand .. but about skin color.

What a bizarre assumption

How much do you know about her FlyersFan?

Condoleezza Rice's stance on controversial issues

Drudge Report claimed Thursday that Condoleezza Rice is among the top contenders for the Republican vice presidential nomination. Here’s where the former Secretary of State — and Mitt Romney’s potential running mate — stands on several key issues.

Abortion
“I don’t like the government involved in these really hard moral decisions. While I don’t think the country is ready for legislation to overturn Roe v. Wade, certainly I cannot imagine why one would be in favor of partial birth abortion. I also can’t imagine why one would take these decisions out of the hands of the family.” — Dec. 20, 2010, Christianity Today

Gun control
“The way I come out of my own personal experience, in which in Birmingham, Ala., my father and his friends defended our community in 1962 and 1963 against White Knight Riders by going to the head of the community, the head of the cul-de-sac, and sitting there, armed. And so I’m very concerned about any abridgement of the Second Amendment.” — May 11, 2005, “Larry King Live”

Gay marriage
“I don’t ever want anybody to be denied rights within our country. I happen to think marriage is between a man and a woman. That’s tradition, and I believe that that’s the right answer. But perhaps we will decide that there needs to be some way for people to express their desire to live together through civil union.” — Dec. 20, 2010, Christianity Today

Immigration
“We need a comprehensive immigration reform. We need to make certain that we are able to secure our borders. State Department plays the role in that, in working with our neighbors and also working with the states. Everybody knows that we need people to respect our laws, and that needs to be said first. But it is also the case that we are a country of immigrants.” – May 27, 2008, CNBC

Keystone XL Pipeline
“There is absolutely no reason not to do it. There is no environmental issue. We should do it.” — April 24, 2012, Developing Unconventials Conference

Religion
‘“Let me be clear. I’m evangelical and I’m proud of it. I consider an evangelical to be someone who professes faith in a way that draws others to it.” — Dec. 20, 2010, Christianity Today

Education
“I believe very strongly in adequately resourcing our educational system. I would never want to under-resource it. But we have to spend the money wisely. And you are not going to get Americans to think about additional funding, even for the K-12 system, when we have the kinds of results that we do in the school districts that spend the most money.” — March 20, 2012, PBS
www.politico.com...

Seriously? You think this woman voted for Obama? :-)

I didn't vote for Obama - but I shed some tears of joy my own self - it was kinda a big deal - you know?

She's a brilliant woman - and though I rarely find myself agreeing with her - on anything - I can't tell you how many times in the past I would see her standing next to George at some public function or event and find myself thinking: and HE'S the president... :shk:

She has a mind...not everyone is so small in their way of thinking that they can only see their own kind

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Haha! Anything to distract attention from Willard's record. Tax shelters, investments in a company that specializes in disposing aborted fetuses, outsourcing, Mormonism, etc. Willard makes typical politicians look like Mother Theresa.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
lol people still think our voting counts? ats is failing to waken people up. if that is its true purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join